View Poll Results: Which point guard would you want the MOST on the Pacers?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russel Westbrook

    11 13.10%
  • Rajon Rondo

    23 27.38%
  • Tony Parker

    1 1.19%
  • Derrick Rose

    10 11.90%
  • Chris Paul

    20 23.81%
  • Deron Williams

    19 22.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

  1. #26
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    85% of Rose's game was dictated by his speed, quickness, and athleticism. He's not an above average shooter, passer, or floor general. After that devastating knee injury, it's going to be difficult for him to be the SAME player he was prior to the injury. They say it takes a full year before you fully recover from an ACL injury, but when so much of your game is predicated on your legs, it's going to be difficult to come back and be as good as you were prior.
    Good point, but until I see him struggle that is the direction I am going, just like Adrian Peterson, until I see him not be the same guy I am going to assume that he will be up to high level again. Maybe too optimistic, but we will see.
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #27
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd choose Kyrie Irving if I had the choice of any PG in the league. He has the size, and has good athleticism (not On Westbrook's level) but the thing that separates him from other young PG's is the fact that he's already a very good shooter. He has the type of game that will "age" well, unlike a Westbrook or a Rose (pre-injury)

    If I had to choose from the players that were listed I'd probably choose D Will for a lot of the same reasons I stated above. But also, he lacks the moodiness of Rondo, the injuries of CP3 and Rose, the wildness of Westbrook, and the playing age of Parker (he's still young, but after playing for so long his body is the body of a player in his early 30's at this point)
    Another vote for good ole Kyrie, I say one guy that has a chance to catch up with him as far as PG for the future in my book is Rubio, if he can get his shot together and get healthy you never know, but he also had a knee injury and he will have to prove he can come back to form as well.
    Why so SERIOUS

  3. #28
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    I'm a bit surprised by CP3 getting called injury prone. He had a knee surgery, so that's a valid concern. But is that a reason to call him injury prone? Before the injury and since, he's been one of the healthier players in the league. If anything, Rondo, D-Will and Parker are injury prone by comparison.

  4. #29
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point, but until I see him struggle that is the direction I am going, just like Adrian Peterson, until I see him not be the same guy I am going to assume that he will be up to high level again. Maybe too optimistic, but we will see.
    I was thinking the same thing about Peterson. If he's able to come back and resemble his old self, then that bodes well for Rose doing the same thing (yes, I'm aware that everyone is different). Maybe not this coming NBA season, but the season after that, Rose should be back to where he was. The mental part, believing that he can make those cuts, will probably be the toughest part for him to overcome.

  5. #30
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking the same thing about Peterson. If he's able to come back and resemble his old self, then that bodes well for Rose doing the same thing (yes, I'm aware that everyone is different). Maybe not this coming NBA season, but the season after that, Rose should be back to where he was. The mental part, believing that he can make those cuts, will probably be the toughest part for him to overcome.
    I tank we' ve seen more than a few NFL RBs be able to return from an ACL injury, but I cannot remember an thletic player the caliber of D Rose that came bask from an ACL injury. I could be wrong though.

  6. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    To me Drose's "signature move" was the one that injured him, he is gonna have to learn to jump in a different way or he can get injured again, he is going to need to change his game, I don't see him coming back to be the same guy.

  7. #32

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Deron. We need a PG who's great at both setting teammates up and scoring the ball. He has good size for a PG too.

  8. #33
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Rondo. Incredible passer and decent scoring ability, and can explode when need be. Westbrook is great and all but he chucks a lot.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #34
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron. We need a PG who's great at both setting teammates up and scoring the ball. He has good size for a PG too.
    Or DWill. He would work very well also.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Another thing that people don't talk about on Westbrook is his ability to play defense, I would probably put Rondo over him on that list but he is second for sure, the guy is becoming a lock down defender.

  11. #36

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Chris Paul is hands down the best PG in the league, and can dominate a game by scoring OR passing, which most point guards can't say.

  12. #37

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a bit surprised by CP3 getting called injury prone. He had a knee surgery, so that's a valid concern. But is that a reason to call him injury prone? Before the injury and since, he's been one of the healthier players in the league. If anything, Rondo, D-Will and Parker are injury prone by comparison.
    The board has a fascination with "injury prone".

  13. #38
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    For me, it's Deron Williams.

    I think he most fits the identity that this team seeks out of all of the choices of being tough and rugged (I worry about Rose and Paul here). He's arguably the best long range shooter of the bunch allowing for better spacing inside for our bigs (I worry about Rondo in this category), a good and willing passer (I worry about Westbrook in this category), and he's demonstrated his clutch ability.

  14. #39
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another thing that people don't talk about on Westbrook is his ability to play defense, I would probably put Rondo over him on that list but he is second for sure, the guy is becoming a lock down defender.
    Who did he lock down in the playoffs that was a good PG, Tony Parker put up big numbers on him. Kidd is old and not a offensive threat, Ramon Sessions is okay but their offense does not really run through him much, same thing with Chalmers.

    Not saying that I do not think he is good on defense, but I just can not remember him shutting down a good PG.
    Why so SERIOUS

  15. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did he lock down in the playoffs that was a good PG, Tony Parker put up big numbers on him. Kidd is old and not a offensive threat, Ramon Sessions is okay but their offense does not really run through him much, same thing with Chalmers.

    Not saying that I do not think he is good on defense, but I just can not remember him shutting down a good PG.
    If the Thunder lose this series, Westbrook will be the one getting all of the blame........

  16. #41
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Paul is hands down the best PG in the league, and can dominate a game by scoring OR passing, which most point guards can't say.
    Not to mention he is almost at the top of the steals/game category. Dude is a world class ball thief!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  17. #42
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Considering all players to be injury free and ready to go, the Point id most like the Pacers to have is Stephen Curry. Sticking to the list though, Id have to say all of the above.

  18. #43
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Thunder lose this series, Westbrook will be the one getting all of the blame........
    Very true, but unrightfully so, I mean he is who he is and plays his game, you have to know with him that you are going to have extreme highs, and things that frustrate the heck out of you.

    He has tons of potential and I expect for him to be a different player 2 years from now, I think he should study Tony Parker, and learn other ways of how to use his quickness, and teammates.
    Why so SERIOUS

  19. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tank we' ve seen more than a few NFL RBs be able to return from an ACL injury, but I cannot remember an thletic player the caliber of D Rose that came bask from an ACL injury. I could be wrong though.
    Baron Davis tore an ACL at UCLA and was said to be stronger and faster and quicker after rehab. ACL isnt as bad as many other injuries I think in a year Drose will be back to Drose. I would sit him out all of next season though. Let him get 120% and get back mentally strong before playing.


    Bernard King came back and was still a beast in his day.


    Im sure more have done it those are the 2 I know of.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  21. #45
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Umm, I change my vote to Westbrook.

  22. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    I felt sorry that Tony parker got no votes so I voted him.

    Seriously, I think i'd take rose. Not that Deng and Boozer can't score but Rose really pretty much has to be the bulls offense. I wonder what Rose would accomplish if he had Durant and Harden as his sidekicks.

    Rubio is real intriguing. He probably isn't the best player in the group but he might wind up being the best pure PG of the group. Good things seem to just happen for his team when he is on the court.

    I think Wall has a lot of upside in his game that has not been reached. I really wonder if he will have a huge breakout year in one of the next couple of years.

    There is alot to like with Jrue Holiday too.

  23. #47
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Yeah I probably should have put Rubio and Irving on there. The only reason Parker was on there is because the Spurs was so good this season, and Parker was their main guy.

  24. #48
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you could switch Hill for any PGs in this league, who would it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another thing that people don't talk about on Westbrook is his ability to play defense
    In UCLA he was the defensive specialist and he was coming from the bench behind our very own Darren Collison :P
    Last edited by Nuntius; 06-20-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. IND/MIN Pick Switch
    By OakMoses in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
  2. I'm making the switch
    By indygeezer in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
  3. Keeper League Position Change vote: From F to GF for Grant Hill
    By BostonConnection in forum Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 12:49 AM
  4. Let's switch it up, shall we?
    By 8.9_seconds in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •