View Poll Results: How many wins will the Colts have in 2012-13

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2

    2 3.70%
  • 3-5

    31 57.41%
  • 6-8

    18 33.33%
  • 9-12

    1 1.85%
  • 13-16

    2 3.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75

Thread: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, they showed that so well when they tanked the possible perfect season.........
    Come on, you clearly have never stepped on a field of raised competition if you dont think they wanted to be out there...It was a coaches decision not a players

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on, you clearly have never stepped on a field of raised competition if you dont think they wanted to be out there...It was a coaches decision not a players
    "They" includes the coaching staff and management. Actually, I agreed with the decision. The games were meaningless and the idea was to get to the Super Bowl and they did. An injury to Freeney and some gambling my New Orleans cost them the game....

  3. #28
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    i dont know why you people keep arguing with him

    just stop

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    I'd say anywhere between 4 and 8 wins.. We are going to be much better than last year.. But with that said, we still have a rookie QB who will make some mistakes, and a defense who will be learning how to play in a new system.. It will be a bumpy change, but will be a fun and exciting season to watch!

  6. #30
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    I say four for Luck's debut season. Then it will get higher over time.

  7. #31
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    888

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Proof you have no idea what you are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, they showed that so well when they tanked the possible perfect season.........

  8. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proof you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Are you saying the Colts did not give up on finishing 16-0 in the regular season. When I say Colts, I mean the players, coaching staff and management..........

  9. #33
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Only one of those parties made the decision though.

  10. #34

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Probably about 4. The defense is going to be pretty terrible in the transition year. It might be the worst secondary in the league.

  11. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably about 4. The defense is going to be pretty terrible in the transition year. It might be the worst secondary in the league.
    The lions laugh at the notion that you think the colts secondary is really bad...at least the colts have bethea. The cardinals, rams, colts, lions, bills and Vikings all have some pretty pitiful secondaries...I would mostly be worried about the lack of a gap holding tackle or true 3 technique (defensive ends in the 3-4 defense)

  12. #36
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    28
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    I'll say 4 wins based on a gut feeling. 6 if the defense works out well enough in year 1.


  13. #37

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lions laugh at the notion that you think the colts secondary is really bad...at least the colts have bethea. The cardinals, rams, colts, lions, bills and Vikings all have some pretty pitiful secondaries...I would mostly be worried about the lack of a gap holding tackle or true 3 technique (defensive ends in the 3-4 defense)
    I think you mean 5-tech. I'm not too worried about that. Fili Moala's natural position is 5-tech and the Corey Redding signing cover the starting positions. Hopefully Nevis can find a way to be a 5-tech even though he would be very undersized. Nose tackle will be weak this year with only McKinney, but Chapman will be very good very soon. The Colts have the worst cornerbacks in the league though. Jerraud Powers is the best corner on the team, and he'd be a nickelback on most teams.

  14. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you mean 5-tech. I'm not too worried about that. Fili Moala's natural position is 5-tech and the Corey Redding signing cover the starting positions. Hopefully Nevis can find a way to be a 5-tech even though he would be very undersized. Nose tackle will be weak this year with only McKinney, but Chapman will be very good very soon. The Colts have the worst cornerbacks in the league though. Jerraud Powers is the best corner on the team, and he'd be a nickelback on most teams.
    Had a brain glitch there...I don't think Nevis or moala are good fits there though...moala has to prove he can actually play before I don't see him as just a body if I was the colts...interesting to see the d-ends...at the very least it will be hard to go deep with consistency

  15. #39

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Moala played 5-tech at USC. He was a weird pick because he seemed like a sure 3-4 pick. His size is pretty much perfect for the 3-4 too.

  16. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Here is a view from another source and I think it is quite accurate:

    http://nfl.si.com/2012/06/19/offseas...?sct=nfl_wr_a1

    This writer thinks the Colts will challenge 0-16 again and perhaps for the next two years......

  17. #41

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Sorry that's ridiculous, there's no way they're going to be as bad as last year.

    Here:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...h-more-or-less
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  19. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry that's ridiculous, there's no way they're going to be as bad as last year.

    Here:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...h-more-or-less

    Actually, it is not ridiculous and I think they will be worse than last year. Read what the man says. Luck will not make a major difference in his rookie season. They may win more games than last year but that doesn't mean they will be better. The defense may put them in such bad situations that they cannot win. This is going to be a long hard haul and I may not live long enough to see the Colts make the playoffs again.......

  20. #43
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, it is not ridiculous and I think they will be worse than last year. Read what the man says. Luck will not make a major difference in his rookie season. They may win more games than last year but that doesn't mean they will be better. The defense may put them in such bad situations that they cannot win. This is going to be a long hard haul and I may not live long enough to see the Colts make the playoffs again.......
    How can Luck not make a major difference? 40 year old Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter have to be two of the worst players to ever start an NFL game. They were absolutely atrocious. Luck as a cold rookie should be significantly better than either of them were and if he isn't then it will be disappointing. He will certainly have his fair share of mistakes, like Manning did as a rook, but I'm certain that he will make plenty of NFL-worthy passes that the two scrubs we had last year could not. Even Dan O. was an upgrade over those two guys and we actually won a couple of games with him QB'ing. Despite our awful QB play last year, we still had opportunities to win games and this year the schedule is easier. I doubt your obscure SI writer watched as many Colts games as most of us on this forum did.

  21. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can Luck not make a major difference? 40 year old Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter have to be two of the worst players to ever start an NFL game. They were absolutely atrocious. Luck as a cold rookie should be significantly better than either of them were and if he isn't then it will be disappointing. He will certainly have his fair share of mistakes, like Manning did as a rook, but I'm certain that he will make plenty of NFL-worthy passes that the two scrubs we had last year could not. Even Dan O. was an upgrade over those two guys and we actually won a couple of games with him QB'ing. Despite our awful QB play last year, we still had opportunities to win games and this year the schedule is easier. I doubt your obscure SI writer watched as many Colts games as most of us on this forum did.
    I don't want to start an argument but that SI writer is not obscure and he is a major contributor with lots of articles and I will bet that he watched film of every Colt's snap and the play of all of their draft choices. You look just at QB play and I will give you that it will be better. Wayne is over the hill and cannot separate any long. The two new tightends are rookies and will probably be very good eventually. That does not solve the problems at running back, offensive line and the conversion into a 3-4 defense with almost no players that fit that system. Do you really think our two former top rushers will make a good change to outside linebacker? The secondary will be the worst in the league. How will Luck win anything if that defense gives up 30+ points per game and I believe that will be close to what actually happens..... Read that article, he hits all of the right points and I hope both he and I are wrong but I am just as sure that we are not......

  22. #45
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    I think we will have as many or more wins than Jacksonville.

  23. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we will have as many or more wins than Jacksonville.
    I also believe that is true. Jacksonville many not win more than two games either. A jump ball........

  24. #47
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to start an argument but that SI writer is not obscure and he is a major contributor with lots of articles and I will bet that he watched film of every Colt's snap and the play of all of their draft choices. You look just at QB play and I will give you that it will be better. Wayne is over the hill and cannot separate any long. The two new tightends are rookies and will probably be very good eventually. That does not solve the problems at running back, offensive line and the conversion into a 3-4 defense with almost no players that fit that system. Do you really think our two former top rushers will make a good change to outside linebacker? The secondary will be the worst in the league. How will Luck win anything if that defense gives up 30+ points per game and I believe that will be close to what actually happens..... Read that article, he hits all of the right points and I hope both he and I are wrong but I am just as sure that we are not......

    These are all valid points. Though I certainly think we will be better than last year, it's not like I'm calling for a division crown or anything like that. I'm expecting 4-5 wins, meaning we will lose a lot of games for the reasons you outlined.

    I think where we differ the most is that you have written us off for the next 5 or so years. Do you realize just how much free cap will we have for 2013 with all that dead cap from cut players coming off the books? I think it's in the neighborhood of 40 million. We could plug so many holes with that. Combine that with the fact that we will likely have another high draft pick along with Luck and the other rookies this year having a year under their belt and we could be looking at a *very* improved team next year. That's been my main point through all of this. The stuff you say about our roster is extremely valid for this season, but after this year it's really anyone's guess. Things change quickly in the NFL. 5 years down the road is an eternity.

  25. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These are all valid points. Though I certainly think we will be better than last year, it's not like I'm calling for a division crown or anything like that. I'm expecting 4-5 wins, meaning we will lose a lot of games for the reasons you outlined.

    I think where we differ the most is that you have written us off for the next 5 or so years. Do you realize just how much free cap will we have for 2013 with all that dead cap from cut players coming off the books? I think it's in the neighborhood of 40 million. We could plug so many holes with that. Combine that with the fact that we will likely have another high draft pick along with Luck and the other rookies this year having a year under their belt and we could be looking at a *very* improved team next year. That's been my main point through all of this. The stuff you say about our roster is extremely valid for this season, but after this year it's really anyone's guess. Things change quickly in the NFL. 5 years down the road is an eternity.
    What makes you think we will make a splash in free agency? That has not been the way the team has operated for the last 12 to 14 years. The free agents we did add didn't do us much good. In fact, most free agents don't do any good. It is rare that a team gets better by adding one since it means that another team has decided to let him go. I don't see Irsay spending money that way.......

  26. #49
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you think we will make a splash in free agency? That has not been the way the team has operated for the last 12 to 14 years. The free agents we did add didn't do us much good. In fact, most free agents don't do any good. It is rare that a team gets better by adding one since it means that another team has decided to let him go. I don't see Irsay spending money that way.......

    Bill Polian not being here is the main reason I think we'll do something. He treated free agency as if it were some sort of rare disease. I'm not saying that we are going to break the bank, but I think we'll try to improve a bit through free agency.

  27. #50

    Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you think we will make a splash in free agency? That has not been the way the team has operated for the last 12 to 14 years. The free agents we did add didn't do us much good. In fact, most free agents don't do any good. It is rare that a team gets better by adding one since it means that another team has decided to let him go. I don't see Irsay spending money that way.......
    Every positive aspect you negate. No free agent is worth a damn and Irsay won't spend. I wonder how you know this because Irsay has spent plenty. manning was going to be the highest paid player in the game. Free agents are let go often because teams can't afford to keep every good player and they may have a cheaper player who is just as good.We can add several free agents next year after the dead money is gone.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 11:31 PM
  2. Predict the End of the Lockout 2011-2012
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 12:01 PM
  3. What did you predict for the Pacers season?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 10:40 PM
  4. For the record: predict the finals outcome, winner/games
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 09:17 AM
  5. Predict Game 1 Colts @ Pats
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •