18 33.33%
  • 9-12

1 1.85%
  • 13-16

2 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

Default How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

How many wins will the Colts have this coming season?
    Last edited by Swingman; 06-15-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Default Re: How many wins do you predict for the Colts in 2012-13

The Colts will never win another game... ever... Meanwhile, the Lombardi trophy will be retired to Denver after that franchise wins the next 25 superbowls.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I think 3-6 wins will be possible depending on how some things fall... not only in the season but between now and the season's start.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you misunderstood the poll. This is for one year, not four years.....

I understood the question fine. I think both Washington and Indy are going to surprise people, and I could easily see each team going 7-9 or 8-8.

The Colts have a lot of work to do, but a few lucky breaks here or there and they could easily be a 10 win team IMO

Mood

Not sure about this season, I think we will compete in most games but I could see us winning around 11 next year, with the experience of the young guys, and the vets in the new system, and also the 38 million extra that we will have to use.
    Why so SERIOUS

I am sticking in that 4-6 range...too many solid players (Wayne, collie, hell even their new TE) to not be able to shoot out a win or two...are you guys saying this colts team is any worse than the Rams team that won 7 games a few years ago? Its pretty close...also the AFC south just isn't very good

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

3 and that is if they play well. The defense will be awful and the OL is suspect at best combine that with rookie mistakes I don't see them doing much better than 3 wins.

We were painfully close in 6 or 7 games last year. With just average QB play we win several games last year. I know Luck will make NFL rookie mistakes but Painter made freshman in high school mistakes.

3-5 should be expected.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    We were painfully close in 6 or 7 games last year. With just average QB play we win several games last year. I know Luck will make NFL rookie mistakes but Painter made freshman in high school mistakes.

3-5 should be expected.

Agreed.

You obviously cannot ignore the 2-14 record, but I think people forget just how close we came to winning some of those games at the beginning of the season even though we had freaking Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter as our QB's. We had an opportunity to win the games against the Browns, Steelers, Bucs, and Chiefs at the beginning of the year, but our QB's just couldn't make plays. Then about midway through October, the losing got to the team and they started getting waxed. But anyone who watched the games can tell you that this team competed at the beginning of the year and would have won more games had they had a QB with even mediocre ability. Unfortunately we had two guys who didn't belong in the NFL: an ancient Kerry Collins and a complete scrub in Curtis Painter.

Luck as a rookie should be significantly better than either of those two, though he will certainly struggle at times like any rookie will. I don't think 5-6 wins is out of the question given how easy our home schedule is. Green Bay is the only good team that comes here aside from Houston, who comes every season.

In a year, I think we are all going to be very excited with the team. Luck and the other rookies will have their first season behind them, we will have more draft picks, and we will have almost 40 million dollars in cap space with all that dead cap coming off of the books. Free agency is largely a foreign concept to Colts fans since the Polians treated it as if it were some sort of rare disease, but I have a feeling that our new GM will make the most of it. I think this team will be contending for the division title in a season.

Everyone says that RG3 is going to have such an easier time than Luck at the beginning of their careers, but I just don't completely buy that. RG3 has to play 6 games a year against Dallas, NYG, and Philadelphia. One of those teams is the Super Bowl champ and the other two are certainly not slouches. Luck on the other hand plays in an extremely weak division with Houston, Tenn, and Jax. Playing 6 games a year against those teams a year certainly beats the hell out of what RG3 is going to have to go up against.

Weak schedule, a renewed hope, no expectations whatsoever, a rookie quarterback who is highly intelligent and will keep mistakes to a minimum...I really think it will be in the 5-7 range, so I veered to the optimistic 6-8 range for this poll's sake.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Even with Stanton we would be lots better than last year. If Orlovsky played the entire season we would have had more than two wins. Painter was such a huge mistake that it was just incompetent to make him the backup. i don't have a number of wins in mind because anything is possible. The running game has me concerned, however, and I would have been happier if that were hugely upgraded.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Even with Stanton we would be lots better than last year. If Orlovsky played the entire season we would have had more than two wins. Painter was such a huge mistake that it was just incompetent to make him the backup. i don't have a number of wins in mind because anything is possible. The running game has me concerned, however, and I would have been happier if that were hugely upgraded.
    Hopefully in a year we have a much better RB, either through the draft or free agency. I'd rather get one through the draft and use some free agent money to sign some defensive monsters or beef up the lines.

I will say that I've never been more proud to be a Colts fan. Anyone can be a fan when you're winning 12 games every year, going to Super Bowls, and watching one of the greatest QB's ever put on a show year in and year out. But to stick with it through a 2-14 season, the loss of the aforementioned QB, and the start of a complete rebuilding process...well, that takes some dedication. I tip my hat to every fellow Colt fan who is going to keep closely following the team.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

One thing to consider... It's always possible the Colts won't be all that interested in wins this season. They might purposely let players take their lumps and not throw the kitchen sink at any one game and tolerate losses to better position themselves for growth in the future.

------

-John Wooden

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    One thing to consider... It's always possible the Colts won't be all that interested in wins this season. They might purposely let players take their lumps and not throw the kitchen sink at any one game and tolerate losses to better position themselves for growth in the future.

That's pretty much what the 98 team did I think. I think we were actually in contention to win several of the games we lost, but our young team with a rookie QB just quite know how to close games out. That all changed the next year with the addition of Edge and the growth of Manning. We improved from 3 wins to 13 wins.

It wouldn't surprise me if that situation somewhat repeats itself. Luck and the team will probably show promise this year, but as a young team with a rookie QB they will likely have trouble closing games out. But they will come back in 2013 with an improved roster and a year of experience and win games that they would have lost in 2012.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Even if they do that, they will still get more wins this year than last, b/c the talent level is already much better than it was. With the players we have available on offense, I think taking our lumps will let us score a lot more than we were able to last year. Defense is more difficult to predict, but I think the emphasis on defense and the "newness" factor make it interesting and possibly effective. It's hard to tell since we don't necessarily have the personnel. But they still have some talent.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Stampedeblue has writeup today talking about how the idea of us winning 7 or so games isn't really that ridiculous:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/6/1...ferees-and-the

The people who say "maybe the colts won't be interested in winning" clearly have never been around pro athletes...winning is a definite thing to them...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    The people who say "maybe the colts won't be interested in winning" clearly have never been around pro athletes...winning is a definite thing to them...
    Yes, they showed that so well when they tanked the possible perfect season.........

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Even if they do that, they will still get more wins this year than last, b/c the talent level is already much better than it was. With the players we have available on offense, I think taking our lumps will let us score a lot more than we were able to last year. Defense is more difficult to predict, but I think the emphasis on defense and the "newness" factor make it interesting and possibly effective. It's hard to tell since we don't necessarily have the personnel. But they still have some talent.
    It will be very interesting how the patchwork the new GM has put in place works out. If some of these guys do really well, he's a genius. I am curious what Irsay saw in him. I have never had too high an opinion of Irsay but hiring dungy and Polian was no fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Yes, they showed that so well when they tanked the possible perfect season.........

That had nothing to do with the athletes. The players themselves DESPERATELY wanted to win that game and go for the perfect season. Remember how upset Peyton looked on the sideline when Caldwell didn't let him go back in? I remember reading not too long ago (can't remember where: I think it was in the Star) that Saturday STILL gets irritated when he talks about how the team gave up on that. Also, I'm pretty sure that it was Peyton who had to calm the team after it with a players' only meeting because the players didn't want to hear the BS from Caldwell or Polian.

That decision was 100% on Polian. I was there in person for that game (in great seats), and throwing that game was without question the most offensive thing I have ever witnessed as a sports fan. Then to hear Polian on the radio after the game basically calling the fans idiots was just too much. There is no question in my mind that the Polian-led Colts are the only team in the NFL who would throw a game at home when they are 14-0. Keep in mind that many of the fans in attendance that day spent a lot of money on those tickets as Christmas presents and such.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

And with this...here's to hoping the new GM come in with a different mentality

So it was the players fault they were on the sidelines?

come on now

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That had nothing to do with the athletes. The players themselves DESPERATELY wanted to win that game and go for the perfect season. Remember how upset Peyton looked on the sideline when Caldwell didn't let him go back in? I remember reading not too long ago (can't remember where: I think it was in the Star) that Saturday STILL gets irritated when he talks about how the team gave up on that. Also, I'm pretty sure that it was Peyton who had to calm the team after it with a players' only meeting because the players didn't want to hear the BS from Caldwell or Polian.

That decision was 100% on Polian. I was there in person for that game (in great seats), and throwing that game was without question the most offensive thing I have ever witnessed as a sports fan. Then to hear Polian on the radio after the game basically calling the fans idiots was just too much. There is no question in my mind that the Polian-led Colts are the only team in the NFL who would throw a game at home when they are 14-0. Keep in mind that many of the fans in attendance that day spent a lot of money on those tickets as Christmas presents and such.
    I agree with you but when you talk about the Colts, you also have to consider management decisions....