Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Update post 127) Pacers to host a series of workouts with NBA Draft Prospects in the coming weeks

Default (Update post 127) Pacers to host a series of workouts with NBA Draft Prospects in the coming weeks

The Pacers will host a series of workouts with NBA Draft Prospects in the coming weeks. The first workout is set for Monday, June 4 with:
    Draymond Green (Michigan State)
    Scott Machado (Iona)
    Andrew Nicholson (St. Bonaventure)
    Mike Scott (Virginia)
    Tyshawn Taylor (Kansas)
    Royce White (Iowa)

per facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pacers
    Last edited by Kemo; 06-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers to host a series of workouts with NBA Draft Prospects in the coming weeks

I'd be thrilled with Draymond Green with the 26 pick. I think he can have a impact in the NBA. Smart player who could be a nice rotation player off the bench at the PF spot, even with his limited height.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Default Re: Pacers to host a series of workouts with NBA Draft Prospects in the coming weeks

I'd take Green or Royce White

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

out of those guys give me Machado I want more of a pure passing point guard than a scoring point guard but if we end up solving our point guard problems in free agency then i'm fine with drafting a backup athletic big able to defend the PnR

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Give me Nicholson, I think he will be the highlight of the workouts, I wonder if White is driving there or taking the bus? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I'd be thrilled with Draymond Green with the 26 pick. I think he can have a impact in the NBA. Smart player who could be a nice rotation player off the bench at the PF spot, even with his limited height.
    I am good off green, NBA is a totally different game, just ask Dejuan Blair, if anything Green would be better off losing a few pounds and trying to be a backup SF, possibly be able to guard stretch 4's

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    out of those guys give me Machado I want more of a pure passing point guard than a scoring point guard but if we end up solving our point guard problems in free agency then i'm fine with drafting a backup athletic big able to defend the PnR
    Would rather buy a 2nd and grab him that way, not worth 26th in my view, the way he plays an his leadership abilities I would look at him as a developmental starting PG more than a backup, not convinced yet he has enough to be a everyday starter in the NBA.
    Why so SERIOUS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Royce White out of that group.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Draymond Green seems like a "Bird guy" to me. Royce White has a little too much crazy in him for my liking.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

We better not pick Green undersized PF Dejuan Blair type who is now comfortable keeping the bench warm in San Antonio

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Give me Nicholson, I think he will be the highlight of the workouts, I wonder if White is driving there or taking the bus? lol
    You and I seem to be the only Nicholson fans on the board. He should have a strong showing, I think.

With White, there's just too many red flags with him I think, and that's apart from his anxiety disorder.

Machado vs Tyshawn Taylor is an interesting matchup. Machado doesn't seem like a guy who would shine in an individual setting, so if he does put up a good performance vs the athletic Taylor, that would be a strong indicator.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Does anyone else see Royce White as the second coming of Ron Artest?

Naptown Born and Raised Blackhawk4's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Does anyone else see Royce White as the second coming of Ron Artest?
    Not really...Dude has been issue free since he went to Iowa State and also seems to have a lot better control over his anxiety. If anything he's farther from that than he was his freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk4 View Post
    Not really...Dude has been issue free since he went to Iowa State and also seems to have a lot better control over his anxiety. If anything he's farther from that than he was his freshman year.
    Not so much with his anxiety, but his build and his game. I'm just talking about Artest as far as basketball ability.

^if so, take his azz...Ron Artest with less crazy at 26 is a winning pick...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

...I wonder if White is driving there or taking the bus? lol
    That's a good one. Making fun of someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder is HILARIOUS.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:

I'd be more receptive to taking Draymond Green with a second round pick, but I don't think he's quite first-round talent. I think he's going to struggle with physical limitations at the NBA level. He's got everything else going for him except the physical tools and athleticism.

Out of this group, I like White and Nicholson for #26. Neither may be available at that spot, however.

Also, I like Jeffrey Taylor better than any of these guys, so I hope he's brought in for a workout as well. I'd love to see Taylor in a Pacers uniform.

Royce White, talent wise he is superb but, apparently his anxiety seems to deter teams. I think a slow low key Indy life would be better for White's anxiety. It's not a far cry from Iowa either.
    I'm a Beast

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    ^if so, take his azz...Ron Artest with less crazy at 26 is a winning pick...
    no there. ron could play. if this guy is anything like ron on the court, he should be the first pick. getting him at #26 would be a gift from the basketball karma that the pacers are due.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Out of that group you go with Royce White easily. Chad Ford just said on ESPN.com that he would be a top 10 pick if it wasn't for his anxiety disorder about flying. If he can push past that then we would have an absolute steal.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    That's a good one. Making fun of someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder is HILARIOUS.
    Sorry your right, I should have said he will really need to learn how to cope with his disorder very soon, medication or by other means, if he wants to play in the NBA, because the amount of flying that he will have to do will more than double and unlike some situations in college where you have more time in between games and can ride a bus or drive further distances this will not be the case in the NBA, wish the best for the kid, love his game.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sorry your right, I should have said he will really need to learn how to cope with his disorder very soon, medication or by other means, if he wants to play in the NBA, because the amount of flying that he will have to do will more than double and unlike some situations in college where you have more time in between games and can ride a bus or drive further distances this will not be the case in the NBA, wish the best for the kid, love his game.

Well done Really?.

White has excellent dribbling skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sps0J1jgses
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

28. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

White will probably be the 1st pick in the 2nd round. It makes the most sense. No guarantees, but a chance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only one out of those prospects that I like is Royce White.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    White will probably be the 1st pick in the 2nd round. It makes the most sense. No guarantees, but a chance.

If that turns out to be true then trade the 26 for the 1st in the second round and another second rounder.
    I will be surprised if that happens.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Not so much with his anxiety, but his build and his game. I'm just talking about Artest as far as basketball ability.
    Didn't follow college bball much last year so didn't know who he was and watched a vid of him...He's definitely got Artest-like movement. Just how his body movement and how swings his arms when he runs remind me of Artest. As for his game, he looked impressive. Looks like he already has the body and can take ppl on the dribble. Has some hops too and can finish with some powerful dunks which is nice (especially when our team is full of ppl that are allergic to finishing strongly).

*Analysis based off a 5 min highlight video :P

33. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Draymond Green

A less athletic White and less ballhandling ability. Both are good passers.
    Need help guarding Lebron and either White or Green would help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yd3tBjrHrQ
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-