Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Luck hits field to rave reviews

Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks pointed out that was not aimed at me. I thought it was. I accepted his explanation. So are you the Bball, he is talking about?......
    I am not the droid you're looking for...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Then please catch it the first time I post it to make it a little easier.......
    You say the colts are going to be miserable so often it would impossible to know what costitutes the first time.

I have never said that other people say that Luck will be a dud. A few think RGIII will be better. I don't think Luck will be a dud.
    you stated that Luck did not have an NFL arm and as a first overall pick that would classify him as a dud.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    You say the colts are going to be miserable so often it would impossible to know what costitutes the first time.
    I think you will find that I only say that when one of you "pie in the sky" types says they can seem them winning six to eight games...... Ha, ha, ha......

So, motormouth, I showed you some links and sources, where are yours showing the Colts will indeed win six game, or five games or, hell, four games.....

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

The first one is about Luck. I know most experts and services say Luck will be a star. I am rooting for him too.

Number two is bogus. That is just a rant by a fan wearing the same rosecolored glasses some of you here wear too. That is not an expert opinion. He is predicting 8-8. What a fool.

Number 3 is a good source and I read it. It predicts 5.5 wins. I don't agree with them but, yes, that is a valid source and it certainly counts.......

4-6 wins is the most likely result this year in my opinion.

I can't see us not matching last years record given how much more talent Luck has than any QB we had available last year. I'd say less than 2 wins is about as unlikely as a playoff berth unless the team just proves incapable of picking up the new system.

I think you will find that I only say that when one of you "pie in the sky" types says they can seem them winning six to eight games...... Ha, ha, ha......

So, motormouth, I showed you some links and sources, where are yours showing the Colts will indeed win six game, or five games or, hell, four games.....
    Motormouth? what happened to Mr. Nice? that's a pretty thin veneer you have. I don't see any links and sources. Which post where? Be specific. No one knows how many games the colts will or can win so the truth lies at the end of the season. If you want to gloat then why not wait until next january when you have some evidence to back up what you already have said..

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    4-6 wins is the most likely result this year in my opinion.

I can't see us not matching last years record given how much more talent Luck has than any QB we had available last year. I'd say less than 2 wins is about as unlikely as a playoff berth unless the team just proves incapable of picking up the new system.
    4-6 wins would be a good start. Unlike Blu (how appropriate his name) that would be would be 2-3 times as many wins as last year. Given the amount of dead money the colts have the expectations for this year have to be modest. We will have 1/3 the cap money to spend next year + the Freeeny money so that's another good start. With a decent coach and decent FO we can be optimistic. I like the way the new GM gave Luck some weapons and a comfort level.
    Last edited by speakout4; 06-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

I just can't wait until 2013. We will be free agent pimps in a year with all the dead money we have coming off the cap. That, combined with Luck's growth and some more draft picks will leave us contending for the division in a year, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    4-6 wins would be a good start. Unlike Blu (how appropriate his name) that would be would be 2-3 ties as many wins as last year. Given the amount of dead money the colts have the expectations for this year have to be modest. We will have 1/3 the cap money to spend next year + the Freeeny money so that's another good start. With a decent coach and decent FO we can be optimistic. I like the way the new GM gave Luck some weapons and a comfort level.
    Yup, after this year the Colts will have a lot of opportunities to add talent to the team when you factor both the draft and the money available to be big players in the free agency.

Most rational fans realize how hard it is to predict with any degree of confidence how the Colts will fare after this year (let alone over the next 5 years).

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    But but but that guy's not an expert....

Good article...thanks for the read.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

Since some people believe in what Mel Kiper has to say.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...raft-nfl-draft

An NFL Draft Guru Says Andrew Luck Is Much Better Than Peyton Manning
    Cork Gaines|October 07, 2011|5,727|5

Andrew Luck of Stanford is the consensus pick to be the top pick in next year's NFL draft. He is so good, that people have already began speculating, just four weeks into the season, which teams might lose games on purpose for a chance to draft Luck.

But how good is Luck? Well, according to ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper, he is one of the best ever, even better than Peyton Manning.

This morning on the "Mike and Mike Show" on ESPN Radio, Kiper discussed his ratings for Luck and what people in the industry are saying about this year's Heisman front-runner
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On comparisons to Peyton Manning:

People can say all they want about Peyton Manning...Peyton Manning had people in the NFL that were not high on him at all. I had people tell me that if his name was Peyton Jones, he would be a third-round pick, that Ryan Leaf was better...There was no consensus on Manning. There is a consensus on Andrew Luck.
    Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/...#ixzz1xzmSWIFw
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I think Luck will prove to be a much more CLUTCH player than Manning down the road. Peyton deserves all the accolades but when it boils down to it more times than not he didn't play his best when it mattered the most.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I think Luck will prove to be a much more CLUTCH player than Manning down the road. Peyton deserves all the accolades but when it boils down to it more times than not he didn't play his best when it mattered the most.
    I never watched the guy in college. What makes you think he's clutch?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    You might want to check out how many fourth quarter comebacks for wins Peyton has. I saw him win more games in the last two minutes than another other QB I ever watched including Unitas and Montana.......

Clutch is so overrated in the NFL. It's a much bigger deal in the NBA when it can come down to one player, one defender, and the basket. In football, it's 22 players all with huge roles, and one player messing up can ruin a play. Manning had a higher playoff QB rating than Brady, at least at one point in 2010 I believe. Luck is going to be amazing, but it's not because he's "clutch".

Mood

My definition of clutch is playing your best when the lights are brightest. It's possible to play your best and still lose in a team sport like football too.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I find this post very offensive. One, I don't want or intend to to disrupt your happy forum. I just state my opinion when someone has made an absure post in my opinion.
    Two, I am not here to cause trouble. I don't call people names or question their intelligence. I just speak up when I am in big disagreement with something they say.
    Three, I certainly do not have an exaggerated sense of my own importance. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I don't expect to be called names every time I post either.
    Four, I have never suggested a persecution defense and my behavior is not antisocial. I am in a people business and I to be successful (and I am), I have to get people to like me every day.
    Five, I don't think anyone has asked me nicely to do anything. Why am I not allowed to post a negative comment about someone elses pie in the sky predictions? What you are doing is a form of censorship. Call anyone names who disagrees with you and try to get others to put them on ignore too. What do you call that if not censorship.
    Six, I have a viewpoint that the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL next year. I can find dozens of polls, experts and opinions who agree with me. So why is my view unpopular and why isn't your view unpopular since you can't find any expert support (that I have seen) to support the view that the Colts will win six games this year or be anything but the worst team in the NFL?
    Your vile post made it necessary that I respond...... Put me on ignore if you like and then shut up........

I didn't even read any of your rant, but the part that makes this post absolute gold and I read through the entire thread to see if anyone else had mentioned it. PacersPenguins didn't name anybody at all in his post about trolls, yet you took offense to it. Guilty conscience much?

p.s. sorry for quoting him...I guess

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

I think you will find that I only say that when one of you "pie in the sky" types says they can seem them winning six to eight games
    Count me in! 6 games!

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Count me in! 6 games!
    Now that is funny........

Mood

4-12. That means I'm one of those pie in the sky folks who think the team will be TWICE as good as they were last year. Silly me. I should know that translated in to Troll, that means I think they will win the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by travmil; 06-21-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    4-12. That means I'm one of those pie in the sky folks who think the team will be TWICE as good as they were last year. Silly me. I should know that translated in to Troll, that means I think they will win the Super Bowl.
    That isn't unreasonable. Unlikely, I think but certainly a reasonable outcome.... Unlike those predicting six and more.....