Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 128

Thread: Luck hits field to rave reviews

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would've loved to have gone to the free practice yesterday but alas something came up.

    I'm jealous of those who did get to go though.

    I think we'll be better this upcoming season its hard to be worse than last year.

    I mean it will feel weird to see Manning elsewhere but it helps that they don't play each other this season so for me I can watch the Colts at 1PM and the Broncos after.

    It doesn't need to be a competition unless we face the Broncos you can love both Manning and Luck and aren't less of a Colts fan because of it.
    Amen!!

  2. #77

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think I am a troll? Why don't you get off of your duff and do something about the people calling names left and right here. I don't do that no matter how idiotic the post I am commenting on really is. I don't appreciate being called Bball by you either. I am right in saying the Colts will not win six games this year and I am right that they rate to be the worst team in the NFL. I don't care if you or your little group of cheerleaders agree with that or not. I have read dozens of polls and expert opinions that agree with me but I haven't seen one that thinks the Colts will win six game.......
    Why don't you provide links when you say everyone agrees with you so we can see who everyone is.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you provide links when you say everyone agrees with you so we can see who everyone is.
    I have and started entire threads. How about USA Today's NFL forecast? I posted that. How about Peter King? How about Mel Kipper Jr.? I have posted all of these experts making comments but some of you only listen to each other and apparently do not do any other reading. I still read a newspaper every day and I follow sports very closely. I made several posts from experts who think RGIII will be better than Luck (I don't necessarily believe that but I would not be surprised if it turned out that way). I travel the whole country and I listen to talk radio everywhere I go. The people in Washington were very glad we drafted Luck......... I have started threads with these links and I have given them many times. I have seen several preseason polls and they all have one thing in common, the Colts are the worst team in the NFL and Jacksonville is right ahead of them........

  5. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you provide links when you say everyone agrees with you so we can see who everyone is.
    Why don't you do a poll here about how many games the Colts will win. It won't have any basis in reality but it would be worth a laugh to see how many actually think this team will be .500 or better next year. I really get a hoot from the ones that say Luck's QB play will be so much better than the junk we saw last year that we have to win two games. They actually don't seem to know almost the entire team from last year is gone...... There is a reason season ticket sales are down and the entire waiting list has been used up....

  6. #80

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you do a poll here about how many games the Colts will win. It won't have any basis in reality but it would be worth a laugh to see how many actually think this team will be .500 or better next year. I really get a hoot from the ones that say Luck's QB play will be so much better than the junk we saw last year that we have to win two games. They actually don't seem to know almost the entire team from last year is gone...... There is a reason season ticket sales are down and the entire waiting list has been used up....
    The reason ticket sales are down is because Manning is gone and not because the team isn't going to be competitive. You don't get to watch a Manning type very often so without him people are less eager to go to games. You want to suggest it's because the team will lose every game but i don't agree with that. Prove me wrong. Do you go to many games? Yes we will probably not be winners this year but again give me a LINK to where people say we will suck for 5 years. Give me a link to where the majority say Luck will be a dud. Give me a link to where Luck will be out half the season because his offensive line can't protect him. Don't just give us names but give us the LINK.

  7. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason ticket sales are down is because Manning is gone and not because the team isn't going to be competitive. You don't get to watch a Manning type very often so without him people are less eager to go to games. You want to suggest it's because the team will lose every game but i don't agree with that. Prove me wrong. Do you go to many games? Yes we will probably not be winners this year but again give me a LINK to where people say we will suck for 5 years. Give me a link to where the majority say Luck will be a dud. Give me a link to where Luck will be out half the season because his offensive line can't protect him. Don't just give us names but give us the LINK.
    I have never said that other people say that Luck will be a dud. A few think RGIII will be better. I don't think Luck will be a dud. I have read concerns about Luck's health behind this makeshift line. It has been a while so I don't have that link but it is a commonsense worry. Someone here even said something to the effect that he prayed for Luck's health. I don't pray but I certainly hope he will stay healthy. It is my opinion that the Colts will be losers for five years or more based on my observing other teams going through complete rebuilds like Detroit and others.... My comments on this thread were in reaction to people saying the Colts would win six games this year. There are dozens of experts who dispute that claim. I am not going to do your research for you. I have posted some of those links in the Colts forum here. Look it up.....

  8. #82
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do I really have to not quote him when I respond to him simply because some posters are whining?

    Your opinion that he is annoying is no more important than me thinking he isn't. I'm not asking you to talk to him, but I myself have every right to. I'm abiding by normal message board etiquette, which is to quote a poster when I feel like responding to him. Like Kid Minneapolis said, people demanding that people not quote OlBlu is actually more annoying than anything OlBlu himself has said. Just because a couple of people find him annoying doesn't mean that the entire board has to ignore him and feel like they are walking on eggshells every time they feel like responding to one of his posts.

    Hicks and the moderators have run this board for 9 years, so I'm pretty sure they know what constitutes a troll. Yet OlBlu has not been banned, so clearly they don't think he has crossed into troll territory.
    I'm not saying you can't quote him. You can do whatever you like, who am I to tell you to stop? My point is that there are a large number of people on this board who have the guy on ignore. His goal and aim is to rile people up, and he is very effective at doing so. Some of us don't want to read it. If you feel the need to quote him to respond, then go right ahead. All we are asking is that refrain as much as possible.

    OlBlu is a clever troll. He knows he's a troll, and the mods know he's a troll. But he balances the line between irritating and openly antogonizing well enough to not warrant a ban.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  10. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying you can't quote him. You can do whatever you like, who am I to tell you to stop? My point is that there are a large number of people on this board who have the guy on ignore. His goal and aim is to rile people up, and he is very effective at doing so. Some of us don't want to read it. If you feel the need to quote him to respond, then go right ahead. All we are asking is that refrain as much as possible.

    OlBlu is a clever troll. He knows he's a troll, and the mods know he's a troll. But he balances the line between irritating and openly antogonizing well enough to not warrant a ban.
    I had a personal message from Hicks today and he said that I was NOT a troll or I would be banned. I am not a troll. I have strong opinions and I think I will be proven correct on most of the things I have said. This is an opinion forum isn't it? If your psyche is so fragile that you cannot handle me disagreeing with you, that is not my problem.......

  11. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a personal message from Hicks today and he said that I was NOT a troll or I would be banned. I am not a troll. I have strong opinions and I think I will be proven correct on most of the things I have said. This is an opinion forum isn't it? If your psyche is so fragile that you cannot handle me disagreeing with you, that is not my problem.......
    So if luck ends up a great rookie...will you have a self imposed ban?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  13. #85
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Well, there you have it --- OlBlu read a buncha articles on the 'net that said we're gonna suck, so we may as well accept it. In fact, the Colts should just not play any games this year; why bother? We'll just lose. The experts said so.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 06-14-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  15. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    I actually had the chance to go to the open house. It's only been a couple of days for Luck but you can tell already thank goodness for Reggie and Austin this year cause its going to be a lot more fun than this doom and gloom stuff. And for those worried about all those season tickets not being sold.... only the crappiest of the crappy seats were left when I left at 4pm. Really nice turnout for a non Manning led team.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  17. #87

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    You always have numerous experts but never actual quotes or links. I don't have to look up something to verify what you say. That's your job.

  18. #88

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, there you have it --- OlBlu read a buncha articles on the 'net that said we're gonna suck, so we may as well accept it. In fact, the Colts should just not play any games this year; why bother? We'll just lose. The experts said so.
    If we ever knew who these experts are and what they said exactly.

  19. #89
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, chill, I think Hicks was joking around.
    I'm still catching up with this thread, but we cleared this up privately.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  21. #90
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,927

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could we please stop quoting Bball when we respond to him?

    Hey!
    I don't appreciate being called Bball by you either.
    HEY!

    I think I've been insulted..... ...or something....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  23. #91
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Hahaha, the troll is digging its own grave. It is a fun sight to behold. No one likes you old man. Go walk your dog for five miles and earn that $250k a year while driving around the country in an RV. What a crock.

    The Colts will surprise a lot of people in 2012.

  24. #92
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then post somewhere else. There is always the Star forums... Oops, they are gone because a few people ran everyone else off.......
    So then like an airborne disease, you spread here trying to do it again.

    How can anyone not think this dude is a troll? He doesn't have 'strong' opinions, he always, ALWAYS has the unpopular one. That's not a coincidence. Then he never 'name calls', but he blatantly throws out thinly veiled insults to draw in name calling towards him. Again, not a coincidence.

    I can't wait until I'm retired and I have nothing better to do but to try to annoy everyone I can reach on the internet. It'll be awesome.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  26. #93
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So then like an airborne disease, you spread here trying to do it again.

    How can anyone not think this dude is a troll? He doesn't have 'strong' opinions, he always, ALWAYS has the unpopular one. That's not a coincidence. Then he never 'name calls', but he blatantly throws out thinly veiled insults to draw in name calling towards him. Again, not a coincidence.

    I can't wait until I'm retired and I have nothing better to do but to try to annoy everyone I can reach on the internet. It'll be awesome.
    but will you have an RV?

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  28. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So then like an airborne disease, you spread here trying to do it again.

    How can anyone not think this dude is a troll? He doesn't have 'strong' opinions, he always, ALWAYS has the unpopular one. That's not a coincidence. Then he never 'name calls', but he blatantly throws out thinly veiled insults to draw in name calling towards him. Again, not a coincidence.

    I can't wait until I'm retired and I have nothing better to do but to try to annoy everyone I can reach on the internet. It'll be awesome.
    I am not retired. I work full time...... I think I explained what you are talking about. I rarely jump in and comment on a post I agree with. I don't see the need to be someones cheerleader. I may thank them for their post and not make a comment. I tend to only comment when I strongly disagree with a post. So, it is not a coincidence as you say although I don't try to insult anyone unless provoked many times. I have no intention to annoy anyone. I just believe that when you have a strong disagreement with a post you should voice something like you are doing here........

  29. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey!


    HEY!

    I think I've been insulted..... ...or something....
    Hicks pointed out that was not aimed at me. I thought it was. I accepted his explanation. So are you the Bball, he is talking about?......

  30. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You always have numerous experts but never actual quotes or links. I don't have to look up something to verify what you say. That's your job.
    Then please catch it the first time I post it to make it a little easier.......

  31. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if luck ends up a great rookie...will you have a self imposed ban?
    No. I am rooting for him to have a great rookie year and to have a great career..... I think the odds of that happening are not as great as some here believe but that is just my opinion. Will you leave the board if Luck turns out to be a flop? Of course you would not and I would not want you to do that. Some of us have to be wrong and some of us have to be right. I root for him to be great......

  32. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we ever knew who these experts are and what they said exactly.
    This is from a thread I started. I posted the entire article with references:

    NFL.com on the Colts Draft



    Indianapolis Colts
    Picks: QB Andrew Luck, TE Coby Fleener, TE Dwayne Allen, WR T.Y. Hilton, DT Josh Chapman, RB Vick Ballard, WR LaVon Brazill, G Justin Anderson, LB Tim Fugger, QB Chandler Harnish.
    Grade: B
    Analysis: The Colts took the safer of the two quarterbacks at the top of the draft in Luck, getting a guy who has more understanding of the pro game. That said, it's a fair bet that Griffin will be the better player over the length of their respective careers. Luck will probably never be a bad player and will likely be a 10-year starter in the league. Fleener and Allen were strong picks in the second and third rounds, particularly in a year when top tight ends weren't that available (there were only 14 tight ends at the NFL scouting combine in February). Hilton is a great speed guy, but he's really skinny and could get hammered by average cornerbacks until he learns how to get away from press coverage.


    I think this review of Luck reflects my own view that has been hammered here. I don't think Luck will be a star in the NFL but may be a serviceable QB in the Kerry Collins mode. I do think Griffin will be the better player over the length of their career....

  33. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we ever knew who these experts are and what they said exactly.
    Here is another citing the source:

    I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....



    FoxSports.com
    Former Baltimore coach Brian Billick says Andrew Luck "will struggle like Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman did in their rookie years. Aikman and Manning had a combined record of 3-24 as rookies. Both of them were on drafted to better teams than the one Luck is going to."


    I posted this not to pick on Luck but to point out that there were experts who do not believe these Colts are anything close to the Colts Peyton joined that two hall of famers already on the offense.......

  34. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we ever knew who these experts are and what they said exactly.
    I posted the USA Today rating of the NFL teams after the draft but I cannot find that one. The Colts were listed as last, of course. Now, that is all of the busy work I am going to do for you today. Get out and read a bit. Read newspapers from other cities. Read national sports columns like Peter King's Monday Morning QB..... Expand your mind instead of your waistline......

Similar Threads

  1. Jag Nation reviews the Colt's draft
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
  2. bad luck hits the pacers again
    By ReggieMiller8325 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 03:36 PM
  3. Here is some reviews for DJ Paul Bunyon I found
    By BigMac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •