Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 128

Thread: Luck hits field to rave reviews

  1. #26
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Please stay healthy Luck.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,207
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everytime you post about the troll and those who respond to him you become part of the troll's entourage. Where would he be without you responding so vociferously? He just likes to provoke you.
    I am sure I am now a candidate for your ignore list.
    I'm just doing what I can to keep myself from reading the troll posts that's all. I don't care at all about anyone else's feeling on the matter.

  4. #28
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Olblu claims to respond to posts that are silly or with no merit......why do I get the feeling he talks to himself a lot? lmao

  5. #29
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,400
    Mood

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    I am pretty stoked about this upcoming year in Colt football. I could care less about our record, but seeing this young man learn and blossom with experience reminds me of when Peyton first took the field. It is a new era of Colt football and I hope the city rallies around our team.

  6. #30

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Can we please talk about the Colts and Luck?

    I'm excited for the year, and I think we're going to be better than people think.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    drama....

  9. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Olblu claims to respond to posts that are silly or with no merit......why do I get the feeling he talks to himself a lot? lmao
    I should have said posts that are silly or with no merit in my opinion. That is all it is, my opinion and in this case, the opinion of every football expert in the country that I have read. If you see an article or a comment by one of them that thinks the Colts might win six games this year, I would appreciate a link to it. I read a lot and I have not seen one that was anything close to that........

  10. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please stay healthy Luck.
    I think that is important and a real worry with all new people around him and the offensive line is made up of young players and castoffs from other teams.... I could see him leading the league in sacks this year and that is not a recipe for good health........

  11. #34
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    I haven't seen anyone that says we'll be good this year in the media but I also haven't seen anyone agree with you about the Colts being bad for 5 years. I haven't seen a single soul that agrees with you on the 5 year time frame. If you were only saying this year, then most people probably wouldn't think twice about it.

    That combined with you feeling the need to constantly repeat your opinion numerous times and acting like it's a foregone conclusion is what gets you labeled as a troll. Not every overly-optimistic thread needs a dose of overly-pessimistic.

  12. #35

    Default

    Olblu, stop it. You keep saying "every football expert in the country agrees with me..." well, I highly doubt you are right on luck. Most believe him to be the next coming of Peyton. But fake it till you make it right?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  14. #36
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not peeing up a rope. I'm reminding him that there are people here who don't want to read the troll posts.
    No one cares that you're annoyed by him, other than you. If someone wants to quote him, they're going to quote him, regardless of your feelings about the situation.

    If that means you want to put 30 people on ignore because of it, then that's your right, but you're not going to stop other people from doing it.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Being told not to quote OlBlu makes me want to quote every post of his just for the heck of it.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Olblu, stop it. You keep saying "every football expert in the country agrees with me..." well, I highly doubt you are right on luck. Most believe him to be the next coming of Peyton. But fake it till you make it right?
    I didn't say anything about Luck. I reacted to people thinking this pitiful team could win six games next year with Luck or just about any QB. I have not seen any expert predict anything but the worst record in the NFL for the Colts next year. That is a long way from winning six games.I have seen people predict the second coming of Peyton and better many times over the years. Many of those QBs are out of the League now. I hope he is the star you think he is. But, in reality, I highly doubt it............

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen anyone that says we'll be good this year in the media but I also haven't seen anyone agree with you about the Colts being bad for 5 years. I haven't seen a single soul that agrees with you on the 5 year time frame. If you were only saying this year, then most people probably wouldn't think twice about it.

    That combined with you feeling the need to constantly repeat your opinion numerous times and acting like it's a foregone conclusion is what gets you labeled as a troll. Not every overly-optimistic thread needs a dose of overly-pessimistic.
    I can appreciate that. I happen to think that when people dance out to lala land, you are doing them a service by pointing out that, in my opinion, they are wrong........

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say anything about Luck. I reacted to people thinking this pitiful team could win six games next year with Luck or just about any QB. I have not seen any expert predict anything but the worst record in the NFL for the Colts next year. That is a long way from winning six games.I have seen people predict the second coming of Peyton and better many times over the years. Many of those QBs are out of the League now. I hope he is the star you think he is. But, in reality, I highly doubt it............
    Wait a second so you are claiming you have never Said "luck is going to be a bust" in lesser terms of course...because you have, I can't think of anyone in the last 11 years that was considered the next Peyton...there have been some good QBs but no one has ever Said "he is just like Peyton" I think you have been talking to yourself a wee bit too much again...I have absolutely no idea how good the colts will be. They aren't Making the playoffs but I wouldnt say 4-5 wins is way out o the possibility.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  22. #41
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say anything about Luck. I reacted to people thinking this pitiful team could win six games next year with Luck or just about any QB. I have not seen any expert predict anything but the worst record in the NFL for the Colts next year. That is a long way from winning six games.I have seen people predict the second coming of Peyton and better many times over the years. Many of those QBs are out of the League now. I hope he is the star you think he is. But, in reality, I highly doubt it............

    1) I don't recall many QB's getting the hype that Luck has. You have to think there is a reason for that.

    2) I seriously doubt that many of these "experts" picking us to do poorly watched all of the Colts games last year. They hear that we went 2-14 and cut Peyton Manning and automatically assume that we will be horrible. Hey, they may be right. But those of us who watched the games saw that the team was actually competing at the beginning of the season despite the fact that we had the worst QB's in the league in Collins and Painter. We could have won several more games at the beginning of the season had we had even mediocre QB play. Luck even as a rookie should be drastically better than either of those two bums and that alone will put us in a better position than last year. Also, we are playing a very easy home schedule.

  23. #42
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,378

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just doing what I can to keep myself from reading the troll posts that's all. I don't care at all about anyone else's feeling on the matter.
    If you don't care about anyone else's feelings, then no one is going to care about yours. Deep Thoughts.... with Jack Handy.

    Trying to get an entire forum of thousands of posters to not quote a guy is like trying to herd cats.

    Good luck with that endeavor. I'm getting almost as annoyed with the "stop quoting the troll" posts, as I am with the fool himself.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very nice that you haven't had to block anyone in eight years, but some of us lack your patience and ability to skim over things and utilize the ignore function liberally when necessary. He is the only person I have seen that people have requested not to quote, obviously because a significant amount of people have the troll on ignore. Do you really have to quote him to respond to him?

    Do I really have to not quote him when I respond to him simply because some posters are whining?

    Your opinion that he is annoying is no more important than me thinking he isn't. I'm not asking you to talk to him, but I myself have every right to. I'm abiding by normal message board etiquette, which is to quote a poster when I feel like responding to him. Like Kid Minneapolis said, people demanding that people not quote OlBlu is actually more annoying than anything OlBlu himself has said. Just because a couple of people find him annoying doesn't mean that the entire board has to ignore him and feel like they are walking on eggshells every time they feel like responding to one of his posts.

    Hicks and the moderators have run this board for 9 years, so I'm pretty sure they know what constitutes a troll. Yet OlBlu has not been banned, so clearly they don't think he has crossed into troll territory.

  26. #44
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just doing what I can to keep myself from reading the troll posts that's all.

    No you're not. You're demanding that everyone see things the way you do and threatening that anyone who doesn't abide by your rules will go on your ignore list. "Just doing what you can" to keep yourself from reading the posts would be to place him on your ignore list and leave it at that. But what you're doing is saying that everyone has to see things the way you do and that your feelings are most important. Seriously, how hard is to gloss over a post once you see that he has been quoted?

    The big irony here is that you making such a fuss about OlBlu draws far more attention to him than me quoting some random quote of his.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,207
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    OK I won't mention it again. I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm asking. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way or the posts asking for the troll to not be quoted wouldn't all be thanked multiple times. Everyone is free to do what they want, within the posted rules, when it comes to their use of this forum. I never said anyone wasn't, so please stop acting like I'm ordering everyone around and strong arming them to hold my opinion. That's not the case and it's insulting. But as I said, this is it, you won't hear it from me again.

    I can't wait to see Luck in action under center. I'm completely stoked for training camp. Definitly going to make the trip up there this season.

  29. #46

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews


  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  31. #47
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK I won't mention it again. I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm asking. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way or the posts asking for the troll to not be quoted wouldn't all be thanked multiple times. Everyone is free to do what they want, within the posted rules, when it comes to their use of this forum. I never said anyone wasn't, so please stop acting like I'm ordering everyone around and strong arming them to hold my opinion. That's not the case and it's insulting. But as I said, this is it, you won't hear it from me again.

    I can't wait to see Luck in action under center. I'm completely stoked for training camp. Definitly going to make the trip up there this season.
    Look, I generally enjoy your posts too so I'm not going to say anything else about this. But I'll just say that when I quote his posts, I'm not just responding to him. I'm responding to everyone who has negativity about the Colts and am addressing that line of thought which is illustrated through a specific post of his.

    But back to Luck, which is what's most important: I can't wait either and I think we are actually going to surprise some people this year. I love everything I'm hearing from training camp.

    I wonder how many Colts fans that root for Manning first over these next couple of years will come crawling back to the Colts when Manning is retiring and Luck is entering his prime?
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-14-2012 at 10:50 AM.

  32. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find this post very offensive. One, I don't want or intend to to disrupt your happy forum. I just state my opinion when someone has made an absure post in my opinion.
    Two, I am not here to cause trouble. I don't call people names or question their intelligence. I just speak up when I am in big disagreement with something they say.
    Three, I certainly do not have an exaggerated sense of my own importance. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I don't expect to be called names every time I post either.
    Four, I have never suggested a persecution defense and my behavior is not antisocial. I am in a people business and I to be successful (and I am), I have to get people to like me every day.
    Five, I don't think anyone has asked me nicely to do anything. Why am I not allowed to post a negative comment about someone elses pie in the sky predictions? What you are doing is a form of censorship. Call anyone names who disagrees with you and try to get others to put them on ignore too. What do you call that if not censorship.
    Six, I have a viewpoint that the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL next year. I can find dozens of polls, experts and opinions who agree with me. So why is my view unpopular and why isn't your view unpopular since you can't find any expert support (that I have seen) to support the view that the Colts will win six games this year or be anything but the worst team in the NFL?
    Your vile post made it necessary that I respond...... Put me on ignore if you like and then shut up........

  33. #49
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    The shame of things is the way the Manning era had to end in Indy. But the positive IMHO is that we finally have made an attempt to address weaknesses that went on too long- Coaching, over-reliance on one player, over-reliance on the offense, weak defensive system, weak special teams, money saddled to declining players, unwarranted FO arrogance, bad drafts... It is those things that were major hindrances to the Colts' post season hopes time and time again. With Manning at the end of his career those things had went on too long to address in the closing seasons of his competitive window without a major hail Mary (which would've had both short and long term franchise risks). And the injury and surgery put a big question mark up on what to reasonably expect for the end of Manning's career in length and ability to stay healthy and play at anything near 100%.

    The question now is how will things fall and what kind of job will these new faces do. So far, IMHO, they've done the right things. Judging anything by this next season could be premature (especially just looking at the W-L record). But as for building a long term, viable base.... The vision appears to be there.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  35. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The shame of things is the way the Manning era had to end in Indy. But the positive IMHO is that we finally have made an attempt to address weaknesses that went on too long- Coaching, over-reliance on one player, over-reliance on the offense, weak defensive system, weak special teams, money saddled to declining players, unwarranted FO arrogance, bad drafts... It is those things that were major hindrances to the Colts' post season hopes time and time again. With Manning at the end of his career those things had went on too long to address in the closing seasons of his competitive window without a major hail Mary (which would've had both short and long term franchise risks). And the injury and surgery put a big question mark up on what to reasonably expect for the end of Manning's career in length and ability to stay healthy and play at anything near 100%.

    The question now is how will things fall and what kind of job will these new faces do. So far, IMHO, they've done the right things. Judging anything by this next season could be premature (especially just looking at the W-L record). But as for building a long term, viable base.... The vision appears to be there.
    I agree with most of what you say. However, that system and those types of players got us the best regular season record in the decade. I wasn't a big fan of Caldwell but I certainly was of Dungy. His vision worked and we won a super bowl. I don't care how arrogant the FO is if they develop a winner. Everyone dealing with this team is untried and untested. I agree that the coming season's record doesn't mean much. I also agree that they have done the right things in rebuilding the team although I wonder if a rebuild was really necessary. Irsay will make a big chunk of change doing it this way. Why is that teams like New England and Pittsburgh never seem to have to sink to this kind of depth but just keep on winning?..........

Similar Threads

  1. Jag Nation reviews the Colt's draft
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
  2. bad luck hits the pacers again
    By ReggieMiller8325 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 03:36 PM
  3. Here is some reviews for DJ Paul Bunyon I found
    By BigMac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •