Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 128

Thread: Luck hits field to rave reviews

  1. #51
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,841

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Things change, Blu, accept it. Give this team a chance, instead of condemning them to failure before they've even taken the field.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Could we please stop quoting Bball when we respond to him?


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  5. #53

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    That system did not get us the best regular system record, Peyton did. In spite of Dungy and the entire system.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  6. #54

    Default

    The thing that gets me is that Blu just avoids the posts that poke major holes in his flawed argument. Then once the next post shows up, just posts then and asks for "proving him incorrect..." if you read, you would already have that proof

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that gets me is that Blu just avoids the posts that poke major holes in his flawed argument. Then once the next post shows up, just posts then and asks for "proving him incorrect..." if you read, you would already have that proof
    That is such crap. Show me what you have to justify thinking the Colts will win six games this year as the post I responded to claimed. How about one expert? How about one poll? You have shown no proof that the Colts have enough talent to win six games this year and not even close to it. I think you are the troll here, not me.......

  9. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That system did not get us the best regular system record, Peyton did. In spite of Dungy and the entire system.
    Dungy's system was a winner in Tampa before he came here. Chucky won a superbowl playing with Dungy's players and Dungy's system. Peyton was a big part of it but they didn't start winning until Dungy came here. Do you remember "Playoffs? You are talking about playoffs?"......

  10. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could we please stop quoting Bball when we respond to him?

    Do you think I am a troll? Why don't you get off of your duff and do something about the people calling names left and right here. I don't do that no matter how idiotic the post I am commenting on really is. I don't appreciate being called Bball by you either. I am right in saying the Colts will not win six games this year and I am right that they rate to be the worst team in the NFL. I don't care if you or your little group of cheerleaders agree with that or not. I have read dozens of polls and expert opinions that agree with me but I haven't seen one that thinks the Colts will win six game.......

  11. #58
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,841

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Nobody knows what this team will do yet, Blu, that's the entire flaw in your thinking. You're guessing, and with conviction. The managment is all new. The coaches, all new. The players, almost all new. We can sit here and speculate all summer long, but the reality of things is we don't know if this team will go 1-15 or 15-1. A 5-win season is just as realistic as a 1-win or 12-win season.

    But the sad part for me is that you've just given up on 'em. You have resigned yourself to the fact that we are going to be awful. Is it possible that we'll be awful? Sure. And if we are, are you going to root for them less? They are your team after all, right? They've just given you over a decade of excellence, so is it really that bad for you as a fan? Does it suck so much that we have the best young QB prospect in years? Will a season or two of mediocrity prove that you are really just another fairweather fan?

    I hope not. And I hope you actually have a response for all this, instead of not responding whenever someone makes good counter-points to your arguments.

    Why not just sit back and see what happens, instead of peeing in everyone's cheerios anytime something positive is posted about our favorite team. Heaven-forbid a fan has a positive outlook.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 06-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  13. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody knows what this team will do yet, Blu, that's the entire flaw in your thinking. You're guessing,and with conviction. The managment is all new. The players, almost all new. We can sit here and speculate all summer long, but the reality of things is we don't know if this team will go 1-15 or 15-1. A 5-win season is just as realistic as a 1-win or 12-win season.

    But the sad part for me is that you've just given up on 'em. You have resigned yourself to the fact that we are going to be awful. Is it possible that we'll be awful? Sure. And if we are, are you going to root for them less? They are your team after all, right? They've just given you over a decade of excellence, so is it really that bad for you as a fan? Does it suck so much that we have the best young QB prospect in years? Will a season or two of mediocrity prove that you are really just another fairweather fan?

    I hope not. And I hope you actually have a response for all this, instead of not responding whenever someone makes good counter-points to your arguments.
    What counter-point? I can post, if you like, a host of expert opinions and polls that say the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL this year. Could they be wrong? Sure. What are the odds? I would give it about one in ten thousand that they do better than the expert predict. You don't make counterpoints just by saying something. Show me something to back that up. Show me a poll or an expert that says they may win that many games. The team has been completely torn down and it will take YEARS for them to get competitive again if all of these moves work. Look at all the teams that are never competitive or have not been for ten to twenty years...... It is not as easy to build a winner as some pseudo-experts here claim... They all point to the 49ers. The 49ers were one hell of a lot better team when Harbaugh inherited them than the Colts are now or will be for years. This is not being negative, this is being realistic. Rebuilds take time and the coaching staff that starts a rebuild is usually history by the time they do start winning......

  14. #60

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think I am a troll? Why don't you get off of your duff and do something about the people calling names left and right here. I don't do that no matter how idiotic the post I am commenting on really is. I don't appreciate being called Bball by you either. I am right in saying the Colts will not win six games this year and I am right that they rate to be the worst team in the NFL. I don't care if you or your little group of cheerleaders agree with that or not. I have read dozens of polls and expert opinions that agree with me but I haven't seen one that thinks the Colts will win six game.......
    y do u comment on your on posts?

  15. #61

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think I am a troll? Why don't you get off of your duff and do something about the people calling names left and right here. I don't do that no matter how idiotic the post I am commenting on really is. I don't appreciate being called Bball by you either. I am right in saying the Colts will not win six games this year and I am right that they rate to be the worst team in the NFL. I don't care if you or your little group of cheerleaders agree with that or not. I have read dozens of polls and expert opinions that agree with me but I haven't seen one that thinks the Colts will win six game.......
    Did your so called experts think the pacers would have the 5th best record in the NBA? did these experts think that dallas wouldn't win 1 playoff game after their championship? ITS ALL SPECULATION!! Experts are wrong ALL the time. My favorite picture of all time proves my point that u can't judge something b4 u know what they are capable are... here ya go


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  17. #62

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    I used to like posting here, now it's just getting irritating.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  19. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is such crap. Show me what you have to justify thinking the Colts will win six games this year as the post I responded to claimed. How about one expert? How about one poll? You have shown no proof that the Colts have enough talent to win six games this year and not even close to it. I think you are the troll here, not me.......
    That's not what I commented on. If you would read you would understand that, at your age that shouldnt be the issue.

  20. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Dude, chill, I think Hicks was joking around.

    _____________________

    Interesting to see things from a Colts POV. I am watching Luck closely, as I am sure most Colts fans are watching RG3 closely. Kind of annoying, but I am going to really enjoy tracking both of them throughout their respective careers.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  22. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I commented on. If you would read you would understand that, at your age that shouldnt be the issue.
    Well, that is the only thing I have commented on in this post. I wasn't talking about Luck. I was talking about the whole team..... So you try to read and at your age, you could use a little help.....

  23. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to like posting here, now it's just getting irritating.
    Then post somewhere else. There is always the Star forums... Oops, they are gone because a few people ran everyone else off.......

  24. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that is the only thing I have commented on in this post. I wasn't talking about Luck. I was talking about the whole team..... So you try to read and at your age, you could use a little help.....
    Yes but your views are well documented and unfounded...once again, anyone points out your wrong the post doesn't exist does it? That is the definition of troll...it's a fact. If you want to not be, start noticing the flaws in your argument. Being a longtime moderator of a forum, I know exactly what to look for.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  26. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes but your views are well documented and unfounded...once again, anyone points out your wrong the post doesn't exist does it? That is the definition of troll...it's a fact. If you want to not be, start noticing the flaws in your argument. Being a longtime moderator of a forum, I know exactly what to look for.
    Unfounded? Show me one expert opinion or poll that indicates the Colts will not be the worst team in the NFL this year. I can produce a dozen that do say that and I have posted some of them. What does Peter King say? You are the one who makes unfounded posts, not me..... I can find people who agree with my comments on sports pages all over the country. How about you, little boy? My post that started all of this was in this thread was in response to someone saying the Colts will win six games. Show me one, just one, article by an expert or poll that says the Colts will be anything close to that. You are the troll here, son, not me..... Don't you think Hicks would have banned me if he thought I was a troll... I am tired of you calling me names, squirt.... I know I could do it better but I don't do that kind of thing....... anymore... If you don't like my posts ignore them or take it up with Hicks..

  27. #69

    Default

    If you were paying attention you would notice that's not what I am talking about oldblu...I am not "insulting you" I am calling it the way it is. I am going to actually act mature and not return the favor...

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  29. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you were paying attention you would notice that's not what I am talking about oldblu...I am not "insulting you" I am calling it the way it is. I am going to actually act mature and not return the favor...
    Take it up with Hicks, I am tired of your BS........

  30. #71
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to like posting here, now it's just getting irritating.
    Put. Him. On. Ignore...and hope that people will stop quoting him...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  32. #72

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Anyway, it seems like Freeney and Mathis are enjoying this new defense. I'm kind of excited about what's to come.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  33. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway, it seems like Freeney and Mathis are enjoying this new defense. I'm kind of excited about what's to come.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com
    Shocked two guys who just love to rush the qb but are a little small are good at the 3-4 defense...sarcasm lol

  34. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, I was on your side before, but if you're going to attack me, then you're an

    removed
    It didn't sound like you were on my side. I thought you were attacking me. Sorry, I have had my fill of it for the day.....

  35. #75

    Default Re: Luck hits field to rave reviews

    I would've loved to have gone to the free practice yesterday but alas something came up.

    I'm jealous of those who did get to go though.

    I think we'll be better this upcoming season its hard to be worse than last year.

    I mean it will feel weird to see Manning elsewhere but it helps that they don't play each other this season so for me I can watch the Colts at 1PM and the Broncos after.

    It doesn't need to be a competition unless we face the Broncos you can love both Manning and Luck and aren't less of a Colts fan because of it.

Similar Threads

  1. Jag Nation reviews the Colt's draft
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
  2. bad luck hits the pacers again
    By ReggieMiller8325 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 04:36 PM
  3. Here is some reviews for DJ Paul Bunyon I found
    By BigMac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •