View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 NBA Championship?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oklahoma City in 4

0 0%
  • Oklahoma City in 5

7 11.48%
  • Oklahoma City in 6

33 54.10%
  • Okalhoma City in 7

7 11.48%
  • Miami in 4

0 0%
  • Miami in 5

2 3.28%
  • Miami in 6

7 11.48%
  • Miami in 7

5 8.20%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: 2012 NBA Finals: (2) Okahoma City vs. (2) Miami

Default Re: 2012 NBA Finals: (2) Okahoma City vs. (2) Miami

i couldn't even watch a single game of this series. a part of me and probably the chance of small market teams winning it all from now on died with the heat victory. i'm just depressed right now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

LeBron was exceptional. The Heat role players were out of their gourds (see game 5 three point shooting by geezer patrol) and Chalmers in an underrated player. And, I suppose prima donna DWade gets his deserved credit, too.

In other words, they were clearly the better team; hence deserving of the championship. Knew LeBron would get it sooner or later. Just too good not to. As much as I can't stand LeWade, I respect their talent and the team's performance in this run.

Now, if LeBron does go and make a "ring maker" commercial, it will just reinforce "the decision"/Miami "arrival party" part of his image. My respect may diminish quickly.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Sports Logo

Congratulations to Dan Gilbert, the Cleveland Cavaliers, and their fans.
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 06-25-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron was exceptional. The Heat role players were out of their gourds (see game 5 three point shooting by geezer patrol) and Chalmers in an underrated player. And, I suppose prima donna DWade gets his deserved credit, too.

In other words, they were clearly the better team; hence deserving of the championship. Knew LeBron would get it sooner or later. Just too good not to. As much as I can't stand LeWade, I respect their talent and the team's performance in this run.

Now, if LeBron does go and make a "ring maker" commercial, it will just reinforce "the decision"/Miami "arrival party" part of his image. My respect may diminish quickly.
    Was that sarcasm?

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...l-video/142988

Consider me shocked. I picked the Thunder to win it in 6. Throughout the Heat's series with us and the Celtics, Miami just looked too inconsistent. They had their moments where they really put it together, but they also had their moments where they seemed lost. I just figured the inconsistency coupled with having to win in OKC's building would be too much for them.

I also never expected Spoelstra to out-coach Brooks.

Mood

Huge credit to Miami; they played great and deserved this victory. LeBron was great.

Hey, at least a former Pacer (not named Ron Artest) got a ring.

The Thunder... I'm not sure. They felt a little exposed to me with how they were playing, but when I consider that DESPITE that the first four games were all pretty close or very close, and then next year they are FAR less likely to wilt like they seemed to kind of do in these Finals, it really wouldn't surprise me at all if they finish the job next year and look in the Finals as they did the first 3 rounds this year.

The exciting thing for me as a Pacers fan is that despite how good Miami can be and is, I'm convinced they'll remain beatable, and if we find a way to improve our roster this summer, we could be the one to take them out next year. You don't have to be the 'overdog' to a win a series.

Quote Originally Posted by For3 View Post
    Thoughts:

This is why basketball isn't fun. Knowing who is going to win every year takes the competition out of it. I don't really care the LeBron won, I'm not bitter I just still think he's a child when it comes to handling things. Miller took over tonight from 3... (lol!) double meaning?!... a Gator none the less and hurt so rightfully so. I will give them some credit they came back from adversity against us of all teams. Thinking about everything I have said I think the fact that the Heat have built a dynasty is almost cheating. I guess it would be different if this was the Pacers, or would it?
    It's not like Heat an easy time getting there, 6 game series against pacers and 7 against Boston. The Heat just matched up really well with OKC because OKC has no post presence.

The Thunder need to make a few changes to their offense. Just some minor tweaks. They need a little more player and ball movement, less dribbling and a little more diversity in what they run.

The Thunder are going to be extremely good for many years and this will not be the last night the heat play the Thunder in the finals

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The Thunder are going to be extremely good for many years and this will not be the last night the heat play the Thunder in the finals
    While I understand the sentiment, I hope it IS. I'd like to see the Finals lineup change by at least one team so there is at least SOME egg on the face of the ones who will declare the Finals matchup before training camps even start.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    While I understand the sentiment, I hope it IS. I'd like to see the Finals lineup change by at least one team so there is at least SOME egg on the face of the ones who will declare the Finals matchup before training camps even start.

Doesn't happen very often in the NBA. The 7 game series the better teams almost always wins, and the nature of basketball is that the best players are on the best teams. Lebron and Durant are going to be two of the best NBA players for the next 5 years - Durant a little longer.

I always say the best player wins the championship - doesn't always happen, but happens most of the time and when it doesn't happen a top 5 player wins the championship. The only time that hasn't happened was in 2004.

So yeah right now if I were picking I would pick the Thunder to play the Heat again.

What is the up and coming western conference team that is going to challenge the Thunder. Clippers? Grizzlies? lakers and mavs will be good for as long as Kobe and Dirk can play at their normal level.

In the east with Rose out there is a huge drop after the Heat. When Rose comes back the Bulls will always be near the top and where ever Dwight Howard goes they will be near the top. Hawks aren't breaking through. Pacers need to be better, need better players, need Paul George or a new point guard. if the heat are helathy, I don't see any team beating them for a few years. if they keep 95% of the hunger, they will be in the finals 3 or 4 times out of 5.

If the Thunder played defense like Boston or even, dare I say it, like the Pacers were playing by the end of the year, this series would still be going on. They are young and may learn the required commitment to D.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    If the Thunder played defense like Boston or even, dare I say it, like the Pacers were playing by the end of the year, this series would still be going on. They are young and may learn the required commitment to D.
    I think the Thunder's defense is as good as the Pacers. Maybe slightly better. They have the best shot blocker in the game, the best one-on-one low post defender in the game and a point guard who is one of the best defending point guards, and a very very good starting defensive 2-guard. They have better defensive talent than the Pacers. The Heat was a bad defensive matchup for the Thunder. Plus the heat played great as the Finals went along

I would say the Bulls are the best defensive team in the NBA, the Heat are second and then there is a group of teams behind those two. Although the Celtics are probably the third best, but their rebounding is bad so that takes away from their defense some.

The Heat were playing at a whole different level in the NBA Finals than they were in the second round
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Talk about a Pritchslap.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post
    Talk about a Pritchslap.

Does Cuban own a suit?

Every time I see the guy......whether it is at a game ( understandable ) or on TV.....he looked like he just got done cleaning his backyard.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

90% of NBA analysts are such tools, including many former players. It really comes down to laziness, and basketball IQ being less important than TV looks / popularity /controversy in deciding who goes on air as an analyst.

TNT puts Hubie Brown on camera and asks him what adjustments team X needs to do to beat team Y, and he says something like "Well, on defense they are getting killed by the pick-n-pop and need to fight over the screens better or make a quick, hard switch, while on offense they need to get better ball movement to create passing angles to make team Y's strategy to front the post fall apart"

while over on ESPN they spend they same amount of time talking about how they need to "want it more" and how they need to "stay focused" and "build their legacy"

Makes me go crazy. There are other guys beside Hubie who can communicate real basketball strategy rather than some Dr. Phil-influenced sports psychology crap, if their employers insist on it. Where are they?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

90% of NBA analysts are such tools, including many former players. It really comes down to laziness, and basketball IQ being less important than TV looks / popularity /controversy in deciding who goes on air as an analyst.

TNT puts Hubie Brown on camera and asks him what adjustments team X needs to do to beat team Y, and he says something like "Well, on defense they are getting killed by the pick-n-pop and need to fight over the screens better or make a quick, hard switch, while on offense they need to get better ball movement to create passing angles to make team Y's strategy to front the post fall apart"

while over on ESPN they spend they same amount of time talking about how they need to "want it more" and how they need to "stay focused" and "build their legacy"

Makes me go crazy. There are other guys beside Hubie who can communicate real basketball strategy rather than some Dr. Phil-influenced sports psychology crap, if their employers insist on it. Where are they?
    That is why I would LOVE to have Hubie Brown as an assistant Coach....the guy really knows his stuff and actually understands the game.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    That is why I would LOVE to have Hubie Brown as an assistant Coach....the guy really knows his stuff and actually understands the game.
    Hubie's great, but to be fair to the rest of the league, most of these coaches and assistant coaches have a relatively similar mastery of X's and O's, I think. Some are certainly better than others, but they all know a lot more than comes across on TV.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FYI, Hubie Brown works for ESPN. He is paired with Mike Tirico. He also did the radio broadcasts for the finals for ESPN alongside the great Dr. Jack Ramsay. I wish their radio team was their TV team. They are so much better. Hubie is probably my favorite broadcaster.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Hubie's great, but to be fair to the rest of the league, most of these coaches and assistant coaches have a relatively similar mastery of X's and O's, I think. Some are certainly better than others, but they all know a lot more than comes across on TV.
    Granted...that maybe true. I ( like many others here ) just have a high opinion of Hubie Brown....especially after reading ( a few years back ) a SI article about him and his Coaching Tenure at Memphis. Every time the guy speaks...I just think to myself....man, I wish he was teaching the young guns on the Team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Does Cuban own a suit?

Every time I see the guy......whether it is at a game ( understandable ) or on TV.....he looked like he just got done cleaning his backyard.
    He wears a suit (with out a tie) on the show Shark Tank (which is so damn addicting btw). But thats the only time I see him in one, which I think is awesome. I love Mark Cuban, incredibly smart man and will do anything to win. And he completely owned Skip who just sat their and had no actual response. He looked like a moron. It's like the time when Skip got caught in the lie about his high school basketball career.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    No kidding, I personally do not want Heat-Thunder to be some perennial event in June. If its almost a forgone conclusion, why bother watching. People talk about epic Lakers-Celtics battles year after year but for the rest of the league's fans that must have been pretty f'n boring. Parity is a good thing.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

If I were a Thunder fan, I wouldn't be looking forward to several more years of Russell Westbrook.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Big Hubie Fan Also.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    If I were a Thunder fan, I wouldn't be looking forward to several more years of Russell Westbrook.
    I know, right? It sucks having an all-NBA point guard.