Page 91 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'd take Hill any day over Kirk crap game! Had a 9.28 per last year, boy Kirk is impressive!
    This is what replaced Hill.

Neal 9.9 PPG... 2.1 Reb... 2.1 Ast

D Green 9.9PPG... 3.5 Reb... 1.3 Ast

Hill 9.6 PPG... Reb... 2.9 Ast

Boy did SA ever miss Hill! Nothing like paying 5 year 40 mil for what a #46 pick and a non-drafted player produces. Not to mention they are on the books for 4 mil for next season.

Buford doesn't make it a habit to overpay mediocre players. Buford has been the GM of 3 SA championship teams, and Walsh and Pritchard have zero, zilch, nada championships between them.

For what Hinrich is going to get, 3/4 mil, it's a good deal.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I don't think we have a chance to trade DC this year, too many similar point guards are free agents(Watson and Brooks) why would a team give us anything when they can get this guys without giving up anything?

Not to mention Sessions is talking to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    By how much did we overpay George Hill, in your estimation?

Would you rather have had Ilyasova, Anderson, or Green at about a million more/year?

I like Ilyasova. You knew during last seaon with the season he was having he'd get paid well. He's getting Carl Landry's last years money, and he's a better player than Landry.

Now, there is a FA who no one has made a peep about. I don't see him getting close to what he got last year. Maybe if he takes another 1 year contract he might get close, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post

By how much did we overpay George Hill, in your estimation?
    The Pacers shouldn't have paid Hill more than 4.5-5.5 mil. Anything more and let him walk. I've said this numerous times b4, where else is Hill going to go and be a be starter? JMOAA

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The Pacers shouldn't have paid Hill more than 4.5-5.5 mil. Anything more and let him walk. I've said this numerous times b4, where else is Hill going to go and be a be starter? JMOAA
    You aren't even offering him 6th man money and he certainly could be that for many teams...... He got what the market demanded....

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Boy did SA ever miss Hill! Nothing like paying 5 year 40 mil for what a #46 pick and a non-drafted player produces. Not to mention they are on the books for 4 mil for next season.

Buford doesn't make it a habit to overpay mediocre players. Buford has been the GM of 3 SA championship teams, and Walsh and Pritchard have zero, zilch, nada championships between them.

WoW, way to put a twist on my comment. Where on God's green earth did you come up with that crap over the point of taking Hinrich over Hill. You must read into things much more then need be!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Good point. How good is Bojan Bogdanovic? Brooklyn owns his rights. Would he be a worthwhile asset for Cleveland?
    i don't know about his NBA future, he reminds me of Carlos Delfino as a scorer when Delfino was young, but Delfino could do all the other things much better.

but he has to have good value considering he went pretty high in the draft just a year ago. I think it's fair.

Besides, as Heisenberg said, from Dan Gilbert's point of view, there could be an added benefit of sticking it to the Heat.
    Last edited by ballism; 07-08-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minny View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "max contracts" has ruined the league somewhat?

Here is my thinking,

The problem with Max contracts is it gives equal value to guys like Lebron and Hibbert, and we all know every team would take Lebron over Hibbert if they had the choice, and since players like Lebron can't make more than a certain amount anyways, their decision comes down to possible marketing situation of the location, and that is where the small market teams get screwed over, If lebron was to actually get market level we all know he would make a lot more than he is now, if you allow the market to determine players worth, it would be a lot harder to have a team with 2 or 3 stars, it would make the league more fair, I keep thinking back to the late 90's early 2000's(my personal golden era of the NBA) where stars where scattered all over the NBA, I think its best if the NBA if they got rid of the max contracts and lets owners out bid for a player, I know they put in the max to try to protect the owners, but I just think it just helps big market owners and that is it, anyone who plays fantasy football using an auction format knows what I am talking about, but yeah, that's just my 2cents, interested in what you guys think
    LeBron and Roy will not be getting paid the same... Roy is getting the max a player coming off his rookie contract can make... Not the actual league max contract...

And players would still seek the large markets for better endorsements... Even if their contract with the team was for $100,000,000 per year...
    Last edited by J7F; 07-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Minny View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "max contracts" has ruined the league somewhat?

Here is my thinking,

The problem with Max contracts is it gives equal value to guys like Lebron and Hibbert, and we all know every team would take Lebron over Hibbert if they had the choice, and since players like Lebron can't make more than a certain amount anyways, their decision comes down to possible marketing situation of the location, and that is where the small market teams get screwed over, If lebron was to actually get market level we all know he would make a lot more than he is now, if you allow the market to determine players worth, it would be a lot harder to have a team with 2 or 3 stars, it would make the league more fair, I keep thinking back to the late 90's early 2000's(my personal golden era of the NBA) where stars where scattered all over the NBA, I think its best if the NBA if they got rid of the max contracts and lets owners out bid for a player, I know they put in the max to try to protect the owners, but I just think it just helps big market owners and that is it, anyone who plays fantasy football using an auction format knows what I am talking about, but yeah, that's just my 2cents, interested in what you guys think
    Don't think Max contracts has anything to do with the problem you speak of. As you mentioned Lebron, I will use him and Miami as an example. Lebron and Wade took pay cuts to have Bosh there. Wade redone his contract. They will go where they want and dang near when they want. Max Contracts isn't the solution nor the problem.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

WoW, way to put a twist on my comment. Where on God's green earth did you come up with that crap over the point of taking Hinrich over Hill. You must read into things much more then need be!

LOL! Probably.

I guess I went around the block to point out why I disagreed with your comment about Hill over Hinrich.

I was thinking closer to the 5.5 but I don't think any other team would have offered Hill more then the MLE, so why should the Pacers. I didn't read of any other team even approaching him. It seems like some really poor negotiating with his agent on the Pacers part.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I was thinking closer to the 5.5 but I don't think any other team would have offered Hill more then the MLE, so why should the Pacers. I didn't read of any other team even approaching him. It seems like some really poor negotiating with his agent on the Pacers part.
    It wasn't made public but I am sure there was an offer or perhaps several made. The Pacers didn't just sign him against air..... Just because nobody talked about it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. There were other teams interested in Hibbert too.......

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Humphries is not restricted, Cleveland can just sign him.
    So if they are in this deal, I'd expect them to get a #1 or some asset for being helpful, not give it up.
    This may sound stupid, but I'm lost as to how they're being helpful. Are they offering an asset to Orlando? Humphries is an ufa so there is no need for the Nets to cut salary by moving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This may sound stupid, but I'm lost as to how they're being helpful. Are they offering an asset to Orlando? Humphries is an ufa so there is no need for the Nets to cut salary by moving him.
    the Nets don't have any cap space, which means they have to send a ton of salary in Howard trade.
    Brook Lopez salary will probably be big, but not big enough to take both Howard and whatever bad contract the Magic want to drop. That's where Humphries comes in.

Mood

LOL! Probably.

I guess I went around the block to point out why I disagreed with your comment about Hill over Hinrich.
    You went through the back door. All you had to say is 40 million dollars is an insane amount of money for George Hill and I would have been sold!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Banned

I remember the time when we all thought that having cap space could make us important in this kind of deals...

@WojYahooNBA: As @KBergCBS reports, Cleveland's legit 3rd-team scenario for Kris Humphries. Cavs want draft pick sweetener to take him on, sources tell Y!

Mood

I remember the time when we all thought that having cap space could make us important in this kind of deals...

@WojYahooNBA: As @KBergCBS reports, Cleveland's legit 3rd-team scenario for Kris Humphries. Cavs want draft pick sweetener to take him on, sources tell Y!
    A draft pick? He's a free agent, isn't there a team out there that can negotiate a fair contract that would actually like having him and not taking him as some sort of burden....That's incredible.

Banned

I love Hill and wanted him to start but even I think that Hill's contract is pretty high, there was not reason for us to pay that big price for him, if instead of signing Hill you get Hinrich for 3mil you save five mil for the same production I think and then you have money to get somebody like Bass, Humpries, Landry.

Even if you don't feel that Hinrich is the player you want you can get other cheaper options, one of the reason why I loved Hill was because of his production compared to his salary, now his salary is higher than his production and is not as enticing to me anymore.

A draft pick? He's a free agent, isn't there a team out there that can negotiate a fair contract that would actually like having him and not taking him as some sort of burden....That's incredible.
    the Nets want Howard, so why wouldn't any team extort them, even if they love Humphries.
    Humphries+pick > Humphries

Mood

the Nets want Howard, so why wouldn't any team extort them, even if they love Humphries.
    Humphries+pick > Humphries
    All Nets have to do is renounce his bird rights and he is gone. Nets don't have to give anything away. There is no extortion.

All Nets have to do is renounce his bird rights and he is gone. Nets don't have to give anything away. There is no extortion.
    the idea is use him in a Howard trade.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Mood

the idea is use him in a Howard trade.
    Duh is me, Nets need his salary. Well then Humphries carries the extortion then...LOL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love Hill and wanted him to start but even I think that Hill's contract is pretty high, there was not reason for us to pay that big price for him, if instead of signing Hill you get Hinrich for 3mil you save five mil for the same production I think and then you have money to get somebody like Bass, Humpries, Landry.

Even if you don't feel that Hinrich is the player you want you can get other cheaper options, one of the reason why I loved Hill was because of his production compared to his salary, now his salary is higher than his production and is not as enticing to me anymore.
    What makes you believe we could have gotten Hinrich for that amount? As you can see we haven't necessarily been a hot bed for free agents. Maybe bringing back Hill at this bloated amount was the best option that was available. Ive been one to hold out hope that the "small market" curse was a myth but this offseason has once again proven that Indy isn't truly a free agent destination. Save for trades, we don't have any major options to upgrade the team, so if overpaying means we are a consistent 2nd round team with a real shot at reaching the ECF where anything can happen then that just something I'll have to live with.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't realize how bad Horford's game was for international ball he hasn't impressed me at all in this qualifier Nigeria's big man really has roughed him up and he plays soft. Nigeria up 3 with 4:27 left Digou and Aminu has been clutch.

Ike Digou just nailed a 3 now up 6 Ike has 20

EDIT: back to back 3s for Ike.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    back to back 3s for Ike.
    lolwut?