Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew it was Flag Day all week cause of my Google calendar. heh

6/15 workouts look like crap to me.

I'm interested in Darius Miller and Jae Crowder for sure in the 2nd. Love to get one of those guys.
    Evan should be interesting, doubt he shows much for us to go after him, Wroten is just trying to have a good workout somewhere, but has a chance to show his potential, and Owens is a guy that I thought might be interesting to bring in for summer league.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone else watching the combine? Kinda weird seeing Bird and Carlisle sitting next to each other. Brings back some memories...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Brandon Bass to opt out and become a free agent. Would be an interesting pick up if we don't go for a PG. I've always liked his game.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...ted-free-agent

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Anyone else watching the combine? Kinda weird seeing Bird and Carlisle sitting next to each other. Brings back some memories...
    Larry's trying to talk Rick into not going after signing Roy, lol.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I look at Hansbrough the same way that Bird looks at Lance.....Bird thinks that they are both talented and won't let go of them until he has no choice....partly because he believes in their talent and cuz of pride.
    Pride? In this case I disagree. This is the guy that spent 2 draft picks to acquire James White and then cut him in camp. Like everyone else Bird isn't infallible but he seems to cut loose of his mistakes fast enough when he decides it was a mistake or isn't working.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Pride? In this case I disagree. This is the guy that spent 2 draft picks to acquire James White and then cut him in camp. Like everyone else Bird isn't infallible but he seems to cut loose of his mistakes fast enough when he decides it was a mistake or isn't working.
    The clown of JOB disagrees with this.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Brandon Bass to opt out and become a free agent. Would be an interesting pick up if we don't go for a PG. I've always liked his game.

he sure stepped up when it counted.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Hoopshype Pacers rumors; http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

The Mavericks, Celtics, Clippers (should they use the amnesty provision on Mo Williams) and Pacers (as an admittedly expensive third big man/small-ish power forward) all stand out as potentially solid teams for whom Wallace could fill a need, but none are true title contenders at this second, and a few have to make serious roster choices before dealing in other teams’ free agents. SI.com
    ----

Duke center Miles Plumlee is one of the big men on the rise, and the notion of his being taken in the first round isn't so far-fetched. Plumlee was the star of last month's group workout in Minnesota, not only playing well but also showing off his hops with the top vertical leap of 41 inches. He followed that up with a strong showing in Chicago, jumping 40½ inches while measuring 6-11¾ with shoes and 241 pounds. SI.com

Plumlee worked out for Washington (No. 32) on Tuesday. He is scheduled to work out for Chicago (No. 29) on Thursday, Miami (No. 27) on Friday, Charlotte (No. 31) on Monday, Indiana (No. 26) on Tuesday and then Atlanta (Nos. 23 and 43), Houston (Nos. 14 and 16), Dallas (No. 17), Denver (No. 20) and Milwaukee (Nos. 12 and 42). SI.com

---

Former Lakers assistant Brian Shaw, who spent the past year as an associate head coach for the Indiana Pacers, is believed to prefer the Orlando Magic head job to the Bobcats’ one. Longtime Jazz coach Jerry Sloan told Sam Amick of SI.com that Sloan had pulled out of consideration in Charlotte, which finished with the worst winning percentage (.106) in NBA history by going 7-59 last season. Orange County Register

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

I always liked Bass, I would love to have him in Hansbrough's place, I wonder how much he wants?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Hoopshype Pacers rumors; http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

The Mavericks, Celtics, Clippers (should they use the amnesty provision on Mo Williams) and Pacers (as an admittedly expensive third big man/small-ish power forward) all stand out as potentially solid teams for whom Wallace could fill a need, but none are true title contenders at this second, and a few have to make serious roster choices before dealing in other teams’ free agents. SI.com
    ----

Duke center Miles Plumlee is one of the big men on the rise, and the notion of his being taken in the first round isn't so far-fetched. Plumlee was the star of last month's group workout in Minnesota, not only playing well but also showing off his hops with the top vertical leap of 41 inches. He followed that up with a strong showing in Chicago, jumping 40½ inches while measuring 6-11¾ with shoes and 241 pounds. SI.com

Plumlee worked out for Washington (No. 32) on Tuesday. He is scheduled to work out for Chicago (No. 29) on Thursday, Miami (No. 27) on Friday, Charlotte (No. 31) on Monday, Indiana (No. 26) on Tuesday and then Atlanta (Nos. 23 and 43), Houston (Nos. 14 and 16), Dallas (No. 17), Denver (No. 20) and Milwaukee (Nos. 12 and 42). SI.com

---

Former Lakers assistant Brian Shaw, who spent the past year as an associate head coach for the Indiana Pacers, is believed to prefer the Orlando Magic head job to the Bobcats’ one. Longtime Jazz coach Jerry Sloan told Sam Amick of SI.com that Sloan had pulled out of consideration in Charlotte, which finished with the worst winning percentage (.106) in NBA history by going 7-59 last season. Orange County Register
    If we take Miles I may break something that dude is awful. 3rd big on a soft weak Duke front court. Dude is a awful basketball player he really doesn't do anything well except jump.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I would very much welcome Gerald Wallace to this team. Intense two-way veteran who is just as good as our main players on this Pacers team.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    I would very much welcome Gerald Wallace to this team. Intense two-way veteran who is just as good as our main players on this Pacers team.
    I would also depending on the terms and of course if Dwill or Nash turn us down.

It would have to be a David West type deal though. I thought West would get 4 years and 10 a year so I was shocked we got him so cheap in terms of years. If we lose out on the pgs he would be the guy I go after. With the way the league is changing I mean look at the game tonight Shane Battier started a PF and Nick Collison was arguably the best C for OKC tonight.

I would go hard after KG first I think he would be the perfect PF for our team next year and be the perfect Pf/ backup to Hibbert. But I dont see him leaving.

Jason Kidd and Gerald Wallace or Antwan Jamison (only if he is dirt cheap) and getting a C would be my ideal realistic off season .

Deron Williams and KG would be my ideal dream off season

Sports Logo

Gerald Wallace is going to go to a team that will pay him......Indy isn't going to be that place. This is Crash's last big Contract.....he's going to want to get paid. I can easily see him get $10 mil a year / 4 year contract. He's at his prime now....I don't see him coming unless Bird backs up the Brinks Armored Car to his front door.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

10 mil a year for crash? really?

thats crazy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I always liked Bass, I would love to have him in Hansbrough's place, I wonder how much he wants?
    Well, he opted out of $4m, and he's certainly worth more than that. I'd say $7-8m seems fair for a guy who'd be our 3rd big and maybe an occasional starter. If we can get him for less that would be even better of course.

Nets would the obvious destination, as they really need PF help. But supposedly they're targeting Ilyasova first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post

thats crazy
    Yeah, I'm not so high on giving a long term contract to Crash. Good player, but his athletic style doesn't seem like it would age well.

Didn't he have a couple of decent injuries here? He'd probably be too afraid to call BLF home (green).

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    We didnt make it to the conference finals we made it to the 2rd. Very true ORL probablly beats us with a healthy Howard. Without him they aren't even making the playoffs likely would be contenders for the #1 pick ORL is awful outside of Howard. Almost like the teams LBJ had in cleveland which was awful.
    Yep. Sorry about that. I was thinking one thing and typing another.

billbradley

Knicks links: Steve Novak, Jeremy Lin still waiting on EBR verdict; Jared Jeffries wants to stay
    http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2...vak_jerem.html

We knew there would be a hearing on the Bird rights and Early Bird rights of waived players on Wednesday, but there's been no promise of a timetable for the verdict.

In the meantime, the Knicks free agents like Steve Novak and Jeremy Lin are forced to wait on one of the biggest decisions of their respective careers. Should both players retain their Early Bird rights, they'd both be allowed to re-sign in New York for up to $5.5 million per season even though such deals would put the Knicks over the salary cap.

If the verdict doesn't go in the players' favor, which is a strong possibility, general manager Glen Grunwald would be forced to use the mid-level exception to retain Lin and that would really hurt Novak's chances of staying with the team. New York would still have the bi-annual exception, but there are other free agents that could warrant that deal.
    Although he annoys the crap out of me, wouldn't Novak be a good pick up at the right price?

Every time I watched the Knicks the guy was knocking down timely treys. 47% 3PT

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post

thats crazy
    Okay, maybe $10 mil is too much..maybe $8-9 mil a year.

The guy is 29 years old and at the peak of his game, he's an athletic tweener that can Start, score and helps you out on both ends of the court....why wouldn't a Team offer him that much?
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-15-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

What if we traded Granger and Hansborough for #2 and Gerald Henderson. We then use the cap space we have to sign DWill and KG. Draft Thomas Robinson with #2.

PG- DWill, Collison, Price
    SG- George, Stephenson
    SF- Henderson, DJones
    PF- West, Robinson
    C - Hibbert, KG, Pendergraph

I think we might look to trade Collison for an upgrade centered around a wing. Possibly use the #26 in a deal as well. Just some ideas. I love Danny, don't get me wrong, but that cap space could give us our PG and PF of the future and I really think Henderson could replicate a lot of what Danny brought in terms of being capable at both ends of the floor. Plus he is younger and gets the rim better than Danny. Just not as good of a shooter or as efficient.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    What if we traded Granger and Hansborough for #2 and Gerald Henderson. We then use the cap space we have to sign DWill and KG. Draft Thomas Robinson with #2.

SG- George, Stephenson
    SF- Henderson, DJones
    PF- West, Robinson

I think we might look to trade Collison for an upgrade centered around a wing. Possibly use the #26 in a deal as well. Just some ideas. I love Danny, don't get me wrong, but that cap space could give us our PG and PF of the future and I really think Henderson could replicate a lot of what Danny brought in terms of being capable at both ends of the floor. Plus he is younger and gets the rim better than Danny. Just not as good of a shooter or as efficient.
    I think that KG wouldn't sign with a team if he is going to have to come off the bench.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I think that KG wouldn't sign with a team if he is going to have to come off the bench.
    I think KG is more about winning then he is about his own ego, IMO. He will still be getting 30+ minutes per game. And I think he would probably appreciate that in his last few years in the league. We would finish games with West and KG most of the time. And even at that, I don't think West would complain about coming off the bench if it came to that.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

SG- George, Stephenson
    SF- Henderson, DJones
    PF- West, Robinson

We would almost have so draft a SF or SG then. Maybe Bradley Beal at 2? Then move George to SF and sign DWill and some backups. Now that team would be great.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by thatch3232 View Post
    We would almost have so draft a SF or SG then. Maybe Bradley Beal at 2? Then move George to SF and sign DWill and some backups. Now that team would be great.
    That's an option for sure. I just love Thomas Robinson. I think he might even be better than Anthony Davis.

That's an option for sure. I just love Thomas Robinson. I think he might even be better than Anthony Davis.
    I like him too, but with West I think it would be hard for him to find the amount of playing time that he may prove he deserves.