Page 84 of 178 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be nice but I doubt it. Ken Berger makes it sound like this has been imminent for weeks now.
    no kidding, it's just a hopeful thought man!!! have some faith!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

Larry Miller has quit as Portland Trail Blazers president, and will return to Nike, team says in statement.
    Interesting timing. I wonder if there are conflicts going on between the FO and Paul Allen again.

So, Bird waited all these years to clear the bad contracts just so TPTB can get the team back in salary cap he** with a bunch of mediocre players? And to top it all off, it will be done in only one offseason!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    Can't you Naptown natives please all show up in front of the Fieldhouse sometime this week and raise banners saying that you want Hibbert to stay?!
    Area55ers will be behind the Chicago bench at tonight's Fever game...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    So, Bird waited all these years to clear the bad contracts just so TPTB can get the team back in salary cap he** with a bunch of mediocre players? And to top it all off, it will be done in only one offseason!
    We know nothing yet. Let's calm down.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Makes you even more mad that Bird left, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Evan Sidery ‏@ESidery

@TheSandman21 @HicksPD @cedric_A @qandrews9428 @zterry58 my source is @1280Spence so go complain to him.

Umm.. source revealed as guy in Salt Lake City.
    I see he was getting defensive, particularly with you.

I can understand that; public criticism sucks. But at the same time, he needs to improve with how he tweets information. If the source of the info is public, cite it. If the information is not 'official', don't say it is or imply it's some kind of done deal until it's actually done or official. It might also avoid confusion to specify when he's hearing something privately (like in an e-mail correspondence or whatnot with whomever he is trusting to know what they're talking about) versus just relaying public information. I think once he makes those habits, he'll be fine.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Interesting timing. I wonder if there are conflicts going on between the FO and Paul Allen again.
    Apparently Allen went over Miller's head to hire this latest GM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

That Sidery guy wrote at IndyCornrows for like 2 weeks. I interacted with him plenty.

He doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. With pretty much anything.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I see he was getting defensive, particularly with you.

I can understand that; public criticism sucks. But at the same time, he needs to improve with how he tweets information. If the source of the info is public, cite it. If the information is not 'official', don't say it is or imply it's some kind of done deal until it's actually done or official. It might also avoid confusion to specify when he's hearing something privately (like in an e-mail correspondence or whatnot with whomever he is trusting to know what they're talking about) versus just relaying public information. I think once he makes those habits, he'll be fine.
    Yeah, apparently xBulletproofx and I are split personalities, because I certainly didn't call him a 12 year old, thats not my comedic style.
    I have a sneaking suspicion he also partially does the Vanilla Gorilla Fake Fez account, that account and I got into a bit of a dust-up the other night because someone took exception to my #justsayNOtoKaman campaign. That might be where some of that is coming from.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 07-07-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

32s Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    The Celtics and Jeff Green have agreed to the framework of a deal, his agent, David Falk, told @CBSSports.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I just read this:

http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/6/28...t-larry-miller

Blazers President Larry Miller admitted to team broadcasters Mike Barrett and Mike Rice on Blazers Courtside (preview here) that he found out news of Kevin Pritchard's firing had been made public on draft night during an idle chat with a security guard outside the Blazers Practice Facility.

---------------------------------
    "I get to the Practice Facility, I got there at 12:30 or 1 o'clock. [Blazers General Manager] Kevin [Pritchard] pulls me aside and said, 'Hey, [Blazers Owner] Paul [Allen] and I had a conversation and we kind of agreed that we're going to part ways. I want to still do the draft, we're going to get through the draft and then you and I can sit down tomorrow and figure out what the process is.'"

"Later, Paul pulls me aside and kind of says the same thing. Like, 'Hey, I got here. Kevin approached me, things seem to be where they are, things haven't been good, let's talk about how we're going to resolve this.' And I guess they sat down, the two of them had a conversation. Coming out of that conversation was an agreement. It looks like it's time to part ways. But Kevin wanted to continue to do the draft. Paul wanted Kevin to continue to do the draft. So they agreed that they would do the draft and on Friday he and I would sit down and figure out the next steps.

"So that's what I was told. That's what I was thinking. We're still waiting for the draft to start... so I walk outside to get some fresh air. I walk outside and I see one of the security guys out there and we're kind of shooting the breeze, talking about the nice weather, and he says, "I just heard on Courtside that Kevin Pritchard [got fired]..."

"And then I look at my phone and it starts to blow up."
    ---------------------------------

That is the absolute definition of dysfunction. PR people talk about controlling the story. The technique demonstrated above is what's known as being eaten alive by the story like a pack of rabid sharks.

It's astounding that Miller believes this narrative should be made public.

-- Ben Golliver | benjamin.golliver@gmail.com | Twitter
    The thing is, I thought from listening to that audio of a Kevin Pritchard interview just prior to the lockout, that he 'never was given a reason why' he was let go. That doesn't exactly jive with the above.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I just read this:

http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/6/28...t-larry-miller

The thing is, I thought from listening to that audio of a Kevin Pritchard interview just prior to the lockout, that he 'never was given a reason why' he was let go. That doesn't exactly jive with the above.
    I can't find a reason he was let go in that article. Did I miss it?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

So we're going to ignore two years worth of defense from Darren Collison and pretend as though his defense is as it was against Orlando at all times? Okay...

Likewise, watching Hill get picked to death negates everything we knew of him in San Antonio and during the season with us? If you say so...

Geez, the rep Hill as some "D" wizard is unbelieveable. Did I miss him on any all "D" team? The hype he gets with his "D" is overboard. Let's just put the issue of whether he's better than Collison to rest. YES, he's better overall, but what's that truly saying? It's like saying he's a better PG than DC. What's that really saying!?!? It's like me saying Lou plays better "D" than Murphy and Dunleavy. Now, what does that really truly say? How good does a players "D" have to be to play better than those 2.

It just grinds my gears when it's brought up that one of the reasons Hill got a 5 year 40 mil was his great "D". Tony Allen plays great "D", and yet lets pay Hill more than his ability deserves. If he was so great in San Antonio why has Neal and Green replaced him w/o the Spurs missing a beat? When 2 tier 3/4 type players can replace Hill, what does that say about Hill? Superlatives in descibing Hill's "D" ability has gone overboard. Can Hill play "D"? SURE, but not to the extent he's given credit for by many.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Both of them as of this moment are ideal backup point guards. I find the debating over who starts to be pointless.

Hill is the initial starter going into 2013 because of his marginally better defense and substantially bigger financial investment, but in the end, I think we're splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Geez, the rep Hill as some "D" wizard is unbelieveable. Did I miss him on any all "D" team? The hype he gets with his "D" is overboard. Let's just put the issue of whether he's better than Collison to rest. YES, he's better overall, but what's that truly saying? It's like saying he's a better PG than DC. What's that really saying!?!? It's like me saying Lou plays better "D" than Murphy and Dunleavy. Now, what does that really truly say? How good does a players "D" have to be to play better than those 2.

It just grinds my gears when it's brought up that one of the reasons Hill got a 5 year 40 mil was his great "D". Tony Allen plays great "D", and yet lets pay Hill more than his ability deserves. If he was so great in San Antonio why has Neal and Green replaced him w/o the Spurs missing a beat? When 2 tier 3/4 type players can replace Hill, what does that say about Hill? Superlatives in descibing Hill's "D" ability has gone overboard. Can Hill play "D"? SURE, but not to the extent he's given credit for by many.
    well Hill did hold opposing pg's to a 9.2 per, if that means anything

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mrknowname For This Useful Post:

Is anyone else getting these crazy frames for every post now?

Banned

So we got some competition.

@IAMAGM: Teams interested in Chris Kaman include the Pacers, Kings, Mavericks, Spurs and Jazz http://t.co/pnGkb0gE

Via Lang Greene, HOOPSWORLD
    Sources say Kaman, who met with Indiana team officials this week, will be the Pacers’ top priority if the team opts not to match the Blazers’ reported four-year $58 million offer sheet for Hibbert. The veteran center has also received interest from Sacramento, Dallas and San Antonio. There is also a chance New Orleans stays in the mix for his services as well.

Via Ric Bucher, ESPN
    Source: teams still w/ a shot at Mayo (Mavs, Rockets, Pacers, Clippers, Knicks and Suns) + Kaman (Mavs, Pacers, Spurs, Kings and Jazz)

Via Mike Wells, Indianapolis Star
    Kaman is clearly the Pacers' favorite to replace Hibbert if they don't match Portland. Indy tried to get Kaman at the deadline last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That Sidery guy wrote at IndyCornrows for like 2 weeks. I interacted with him plenty.

He doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. With pretty much anything.
    Just as people had to move on from the "it must be true, I read it on the internet" type of thinking, now everyone needs to move on from the "well, he's got a twitter account, so he must know what he's talking about" type of thinking.

As much as these tools have aided getting helpful information out, they have done at least as much to propagate misinformation.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

OJ Mayo + Brand +Hibbert would be a successful offseason

Banned

@SamAmicoFSO: Not sure of Celtics' salary situation, but hearing they've "stepped up their interest in OJ Mayo," via text from source.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    OJ Mayo + Brand +Hibbert would be a successful offseason
    Yeah I'm not sure about that, signing a guy you are supposed to re-sign and signing two bench players doesn't scream success to me.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure about that, signing a guy you are supposed to re-sign and signing two bench players doesn't scream success to me.
    Tons better than not signing the guy you are supposed to re-sign and not signing 2 bench players, right?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @SamAmicoFSO: Not sure of Celtics' salary situation, but hearing they've "stepped up their interest in OJ Mayo," via text from source.
    There's no way they can have cap room after signing Garnett, Bass, Terry, and Jeff Green. (who was rumored to have a 4/40 million deal, which better be team options with his health concerns)
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

O.J. Mayo would be smart (and I think he will be) to wait until free agency starts to pick a team, he's going to be paid handsomely by a team that strikes out with RFA. Pacers, Suns, and Rockets could all have lots of extra money if Hibbert (let go), Gordon (matched), and Lin (matched) stay/go. I see him getting an 8-10 million per year contract from someone.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller