Page 8 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #176
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if Nets could have made a run after Gay if they would not have traded the 6th pick away for a 2 month rental.
    or at the very least a very strong offer for Dwight. Or drafted someone good and still signed Wallace. It's such a horrific trade.

  2. #177
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Nets and Bobcats look like horrible franchises.

    DWill should bolt for Indiana.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  3. #178
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GrangeRusHibbert posted this in the Bobcats rumor thread.

    Does anyone here think the Pacers have the assets to trade for the #2 pick?

    If the Pacers somehow landed that #2, would you want the Pacers to keep the pick or use it to trade for Harden (only if he signs long term contract/extention).
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  4. #179
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GrangeRusHibbert posted this in the Bobcats rumor thread.

    Does anyone here think the Pacers have the assets to trade for the #2 pick?

    If the Pacers somehow landed that #2, would you want the Pacers to keep the pick or use it to trade for Harden (only if he signs long term contract/extention).
    Harden, and better yet - for Durant.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  6. #180

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . But as I have mentioned before....it doesn't really matter....I think that Hansbrough will be on this roster as long as Bird is here.
    IMO. I suspect you're wrong about Tyler. He's got next year to prove he can play. Otherwise he's gone. Pacers, and other teams, seem to use the rookie contracts as the time limit to see if this is the guy they want. This is the case with Tyler too.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  8. #181
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GrangeRusHibbert posted this in the Bobcats rumor thread.

    Does anyone here think the Pacers have the assets to trade for the #2 pick?

    If the Pacers somehow landed that #2, would you want the Pacers to keep the pick or use it to trade for Harden (only if he signs long term contract/extention).
    Not sure, only thing is the cost with Harden, but hey the #2 is going to be getting a ton of money as well, I think OKC would rather try to make another run before trading Harden due to cap space though, I think they could keep him, and want to, along with Serge, but they will have to get creative to keep that core together.
    Why so SERIOUS

  9. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on for how long the contract was. Wallace kind of reminds me of Sanders, the ex-Colts safety. Aggressive player, but a playing style that definitely wears the tread on his tires faster than a player like Granger. I'd be surprised to see him perform at his current levels much longer than 2-3 more years.
    Kind of agree with the part about Wallace, although he is fun to watch. About Granger, Has anyone else noticed the number of times (generally late in the game) he is on the bench with ice packs on his knees? I just started noticing it late this year. Do you not expect his level of play to drop off in 2-3 years, much like was said of Wallace?

  10. #183
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Friday, 6/15 predraft workouts:

    Evan Fournier (France)

    Ashton Gibbs (Pittsburgh)

    Travis Hyman (Bowie State)

    John Jenkins (Vanderbilt)

    Josh Owens (Stanford)

    Tony Wroten Jr. (Washington)


    meh scrub players next workout

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  12. #184

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of agree with the part about Wallace, although he is fun to watch. About Granger, Has anyone else noticed the number of times (generally late in the game) he is on the bench with ice packs on his knees? I just started noticing it late this year. Do you not expect his level of play to drop off in 2-3 years, much like was said of Wallace?
    with knees, anything is possible. But Danny's 'old man game' translates well to basketball old age. He doesn't run and jump and finishes like he's allergic to orange paint. All of that will still be around when he ages.

    Wallace is much more athletic. Run and jump is his game. He finishes very strong and gets fouled for his trouble. When his athleticism goes, there is nothing left of his game.

  13. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone expects this team "core" to make it to the conference finals they are mistaken IMO we dont have the talent or team for that.



    we are at least 80/20 underdogs vs a healthy Chicago and a healthy Heat and vs a OKC we are at least a 90% underdog and that is probably just being nice.

    That is Miami as currently constructed they can still add to their bench every summer with a solid vet like a Ray Allen.


    I think people are really overrating our team we need a lot to be true "contenders"
    I think sometimes people forget that a major reason the Pacers made it to the Conference finals this year was that they played Orlando without Howard.

  14. #186
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,793

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO. I suspect you're wrong about Tyler. He's got next year to prove he can play. Otherwise he's gone. Pacers, and other teams, seem to use the rookie contracts as the time limit to see if this is the guy they want. This is the case with Tyler too.
    I look at Hansbrough the same way that Bird looks at Lance.....Bird thinks that they are both talented and won't let go of them until he has no choice....partly because he believes in their talent and cuz of pride.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #187
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,793

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Friday, 6/15 predraft workouts:

    Evan Fournier (France)

    Ashton Gibbs (Pittsburgh)

    Travis Hyman (Bowie State)

    John Jenkins (Vanderbilt)

    Josh Owens (Stanford)

    Tony Wroten Jr. (Washington)


    meh scrub players next workout
    Isn't Evan Fournier supposed to be one of the top EuroProspect?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #188
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    yeah but theres a few guys in the next workout that wont even get drafted

    never even heard of the guys

  17. #189
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,793

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah but theres a few guys in the next workout that wont even get drafted

    never even heard of the guys
    Well, as you speculated....maybe working out all of these 2nd round guys means that Bird/KP are looking to buy a 2nd round pick.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #190
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ........But Danny's 'old man game' translates well to basketball old age. He doesn't run and jump and finishes like he's allergic to orange paint. All of that will still be around when he ages..........
    That's what I was afraid of.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  20. #191
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Jamal Crawford opting out for to become a FA. Think we make another run at him?
    I'm a Beast

  21. #192
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Hope not he is just about finished

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  23. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think sometimes people forget that a major reason the Pacers made it to the Conference finals this year was that they played Orlando without Howard.
    We didnt make it to the conference finals we made it to the 2rd. Very true ORL probablly beats us with a healthy Howard. Without him they aren't even making the playoffs likely would be contenders for the #1 pick ORL is awful outside of Howard. Almost like the teams LBJ had in cleveland which was awful.

  24. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think sometimes people forget that a major reason the Pacers made it to the Conference finals this year was that they played Orlando without Howard.
    Pacers werent in the conference finals...

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  26. #195

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Friday, 6/15 predraft workouts:

    Evan Fournier (France)

    Ashton Gibbs (Pittsburgh)

    Travis Hyman (Bowie State)

    John Jenkins (Vanderbilt)

    Josh Owens (Stanford)

    Tony Wroten Jr. (Washington)


    meh scrub players next workout


    Wasn't the following in for a workout today?

    Will Barton
    Kent Blazemore
    Jae Crowder
    Darius Miller
    Khris Middleton
    Jeffery Taylor


    QUICK without looking it up what is today?

    Happy Flag Day!

    I bet 9 out of 10 people didn't know today was Flag Day.


    Edit: While out garage selling today, I don't recall seeing a flag displayed. That's really sad!
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 06-14-2012 at 07:54 PM.

  27. #196
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'd take Wallace as a bench player, like $5M/yr. I think Wallace's days of playing extended minutes are done, but coming off the bench and playing 20-25min he could be a great spark.

    No to Jamal Crawford.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  28. #197
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I knew it was Flag Day all week cause of my Google calendar. heh

    6/15 workouts look like crap to me.

    I'm interested in Darius Miller and Jae Crowder for sure in the 2nd. Love to get one of those guys.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  29. #198

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew it was Flag Day all week cause of my Google calendar. heh

    6/15 workouts look like crap to me.

    I'm interested in Darius Miller and Jae Crowder for sure in the 2nd. Love to get one of those guys.

    Unless Bird comes up with a 2nd round pick, players in the 2nd rd are only wishes.

  30. #199

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GrangeRusHibbert posted this in the Bobcats rumor thread.

    Does anyone here think the Pacers have the assets to trade for the #2 pick?

    If the Pacers somehow landed that #2, would you want the Pacers to keep the pick or use it to trade for Harden (only if he signs long term contract/extention).
    How on Earth would the Pacers EVER get the #2 pick when OKC would be willing to part with Harden for it? Charlotte would try to swing that deal for themselves, Harden is much better than anything the Pacers can/would offer them.

  31. #200

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think sometimes people forget that a major reason the Pacers made it to the Conference finals this year was that they played Orlando without Howard.
    The 2 wins against the Heat came with another all star missing from their team.

    We got a long way to go and a lot of work to do before we compete with these super teams.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •