Page 78 of 178 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hes not a source at all.

Yea, I guess he's credible since all he reports is whats already been reported by someone else.
    Who's he confirming it with? The first guy who read the same Wells tweet we did and made his own tweet about? Sometimes the interweb is dumb.
    Last edited by Speed; 07-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Who's he confirming it with?
    He'll be confirming with Woj's/Wells twitter page when they post it haha.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    I will go 4/32.4 with incentives to get to 36.
    NO!

We should only sign him for 4/30.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

This just in, per Evan Massey, per Steven Skylar, per Mike Wells gut feeling.... Pacers might be interested in OJ Mayo, I'm checking my sources for confirmation as we speak....

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This just in, per Evan Massey, per Steven Skylar, per Mike Wells gut feeling.... Pacers might be interested in OJ Mayo, I'm checking my sources for confirmation as we speak....
    That's how Broussard does it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    That's how Broussard does it!
    As first reported by ESutt7, Broussard does tweet in a similar fashion as Evan Massey who reports OJ Mayo...

Banned

I hope Shade doesn't find out about this.

@ESPNSteinLine: Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

@ESPNSteinLine: Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA
    Quick! Somebody hide all the sharp objects and pull the curtain around the upper deck of the place origianlly called Conseco.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Banned

Calderon please.

@johnhollinger: Bayless couldn't have blown up Fields/Lowry deals by accepting QO. May signal another deal coming for Raps.

Alright, we can get him back! Woo hoo!
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

The Indiana Pacers finished a successful 2011-12 campaign where they finished third in the Eastern Conference with a 42-24 record. They won their first-round playoff match-up against the Magic and held a 2-1 series lead over the Heat before losing three straight and being eliminated.

As well as the season went for Indiana, the offseason has been quite the opposite. After signing George Hill to a slightly high five-year, $40 million deal, Roy Hibbert was offered a max contract by the Portland Trail Blazers. The four-year, $58 million asking price puts the Pacers in a tough position.

Heading into the 2012-13 season, the team was looking to add a two-guard, but now they may have to choose between adding a player like O.J. Mayo and retaining Roy Hibbert.

O.J. Mayo is exactly what Indiana needs to take the next step. As good as Hibbert was—a great defender and actual prototypical center—he's not worth the money. With the money, the Pacers can get Mayo and Chris Kaman.

Mayo is a good shooter who has played the role of sixth man the past two years in Memphis, but put up much better numbers in his first two pro seasons when he was a starter. Indiana could desperately use an outside shooter to improve the offense.

Kaman, though not as talented as Hibbert, provides the same type of player at a much cheaper cost. The Pacers could sign Mayo and Kaman instead of matching Portland's offer to Hibbert. Having $98 million tied up between George Hill and Roy Hibbert is ridiculous. Let him walk and have the Blazers pay him that kind of money.

The problem is that the Pacers need to act quickly. It is still unclear what they will do come July 11 when Hibbert officially signs the offer sheet.

When asked earlier this week about the likelihood of the Pacers matching the Blazer's offer, ESPN's Chad Ford had this to say:

Fifty-one percent. They are really on the fence. If they can find a replacement that they are comfortable with for cheaper, they may let him go. Chris Kaman is coming in today into Indy. Personally I feel that's a pretty big downgrade, but Larry Bird has been a huge fan of Kaman's.

Whatever they decide, it must be executed in the next couple of days.

With Brandon Roy already gone to Minnesota, Mayo is the best player left at his position, and there's a big drop after him. Also, Kaman has other potential suitors, so Indiana needs to either grab these two guys now or commit to Hibbert and figure out what to do with the little money they have left.

The Pacers are a young, talented team that has a chance to become an Eastern Conference power in the future. This is one of the decisions that will shape the next decade in Indiana. They need to let Hibbert walk and focus on Mayo and Kaman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-roy-hibbert

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My guess on Mayo is around 4/$32M. That puts it at significantly above the MLE, while not being an overpay -- it satisfies him, and it should satisfy us.

Mood

The player who I really want to go after is Darrell Arthur with our Cap Room Exception ($2.5M). The Grizzlies just signed Speights, so I would imagine that he is available. If not we can always do a sign and trade. Of course, I would prefer that we trade Collison, Hansborough, and our 2013 First for Millsap, but that is a whole different discussion.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 07-06-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yup, and that is why I stopped following him on twitter, he really has no information, just kind of compiles stuff that others say.
    I don't begrudge anyone retweeting information; I do it myself a lot, but what gets me is how some of these guys act as though they're the ones with sources, they're the ones reporting, they're the ones investigating.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't begrudge anyone retweeting information; I do it myself a lot, but what gets me is how some of these guys act as though they're the ones with sources, they're the ones reporting, they're the ones investigating.
    Yep there is one guy you retweet a lot that's always BSing us saying "I'm sorry but I have to talk to my source" or s*** like that, I would recommend everybody here to follow the main guys and stop retweeing BS from non writers or actually insiders.

Would signing Mayo send a message that we would continue to be in "win now" mode & thus increase the chances of matching Hibbert?

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    they can't get an extra year. but if they really want Hibbert, that's what they get in a SnT. He's restricted.

The question is how much value can Hibbert and his huge contract have. Not much, possibly nothing.
    I don't know about that. Zero-time All-Star, repeatedly-injured, 27-year-old Andrew Bogut (along with atrocious team cancer, Stephen Jackson)was able to fetch Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh (sixth pick two-years-ago), and a $7M expiring contract (Kwame Brown).

This is why we must match Portland's offer to Roy. Even if we get buyer's remorse, he can be used as a major trade chip to bring in other assets and future savings. It's low-risk, high-reward.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Would signing Mayo send a message that we would continue to be in "win now" mode & thus increase the chances of matching Hibbert?
    I really have no idea on that, my take is, they feel what he offers they have trying to obtain for a while, I kind of believe they will stay in the win now mode no matter what happens. I mean even the signing of Kaman would be along the lines of win now to me.
    Why so SERIOUS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I don't know about that. Zero-time All-Star, repeatedly-injured, 27-year-old Andrew Bogut (along with atrocious team cancer, Stephen Jackson)was able to fetch Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh (sixth pick two-years-ago), and a $7M expiring contract (Kwame Brown).

This is why we must match Portland's offer to Roy. Even if we get buyer's remorse, he can be used as a major trade chip to bring in other assets and future savings. It's low-risk, high-reward.
    I don't disagree with this line of thinking but if there is something I don't trust our front office to do is to trade a huge contract for good pieces, when have we ever done that? if we trade Roy in a year I can guarantee you we get some crapy contract stuck with some mediocre player plus some pick that we are probably going to turn into Plumlee 2.0

Wovles can send Derrick Williams to the Blazers to keep Batum. Then trade Derrick Williams to the Pacers for Hibbs. Just a thought.

Hope Hibbs stays, but don't want to lose him for nothing. Derrick Williams would be a pretty nice consolation prize. Our PF of the future.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post

Totally agree. Just don't see a good reason to not match. He's a 25 year old legitimate 7 footer that can walk and chew gum at the same time. The fact that he's improved defensively and has any semblance of an offensive game makes him rare and valuable. That's just how the league works. I just don't view it as a crippling contract, particularly when you consider we aren't planning to be major players in FA in most cases. We are talking, and have historically, kept our core guys together and added pieces here and there via trade/draft.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

I don't disagree with this line of thinking but if there is something I don't trust our front office to do is to trade a huge contract for good pieces, when have we ever done that? if we trade Roy in a year I can guarantee you we get some crapy contract stuck with some mediocre player plus some pick that we are probably going to turn into Plumlee 2.0
    Outside of having to dump players due to a bad rep from the Brawl, which was a historical aberration, I'd say we have a strong history of winning trades. The ones that stand out immediately: the Mark Jackson trade (twice), Jalen Rose, Jermaine O'Neal, Brad Miller, Ron Artest (pre-brawl). And at this point I'd say we certainly won the JO for Ford-Hibbert trade, wouldn't you?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

Banned

So no amnesty for Calderon.

@ESPNSteinLine: Calderon? Growing sense w/rival teams is Raps either use Spaniard's expiring deal in trade or just keep him. Scratch him from amnesty lists

@johnhollinger: Follow-up to Stein's Tweet: With Bayless QO off books, no strong need to amnesty Calderon unless blockbuster deal materializes.

Yep there is one guy you retweet a lot that's always BSing us saying "I'm sorry but I have to talk to my source" or s*** like that, I would recommend everybody here to follow the main guys and stop retweeing BS from non writers or actually insiders.
    That younger guy? Yeah, I was trying to give him benefit of the doubt, but by the time he was talking about how Nash had been traded to the Knicks... hours before he was traded to the Lakers instead, I gave up RTing him.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Wovles can send Derrick Williams to the Blazers to keep Batum. Then trade Derrick Williams to the Pacers for Hibbs. Just a thought.

Hope Hibbs stays, but don't want to lose him for nothing. Derrick Williams would be a pretty nice consolation prize. Our PF of the future.
    But Portland wants to keep Batum, they would probably hate to lose Batum, to assure themselves of getting Hibbert, and then bringing on Webster as well.

They already bought out Shawne Williams 3 million dollar contract.
    Why so SERIOUS