Page 74 of 178 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

I don't see Mayo coming here. The Pacers aren't going to promise him a starting role (at least they better not) and they'd have to overpay him. I can see him going to Phoenix --after NOLA matches for Gordon-- or Dallas, both places where he'll have an opportunity to start and still get overpaid.

I think Courtney Lee is probably the most realistic option at this point. Mayo is going to be another "swing and a miss" for the Pacers during free agency.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Mayo the Bball player... I'm worried about Mayo the Poker Player. Didn't he get in a fight with a teammate on a plane about a poker loss?

Yep, and Tony Allen cleaned his clock for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    He plays the 6th man role.

Its not as much being "benched", more so Memphis starting arguably the best perimeter defender in the league in Tony Allen, as they should.

Xavier Henry started over him as a rookie 2 seasons ago until Henry got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Did he? I think in spot minutes, he would be fine at the point. I think he is a point guard every bit as much as Austin Rivers is, and apparently that is what New Orleans is thinking with Rivers--that he can be a point guard. Happy trucking with that one NOLA.

OMG, another combo guard to play PG! That's all the Pacers need.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

I would counter it with DWill and Pekovic....Webster is terrible!

No way is Minnie going to trade Pekovic! They finally found a Center to play next to Love. Even Kahn isn't that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

Wonder what Portland has pitched Pacers for Hibbert...

WHY WOULD THEY?

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post

CARP! This was a player I wanted the Pacers to go after to bolster the frontcourt. Memphis got him for CHEAP! Grrrr.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Courtney Lee is getting affections from the Bulls and the Pacers... but hearing Pacers may be close to something with OJ Mayo.

COME ON DOWN OJ

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Banned

This should get some people around here excited..

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We're going to let Roy walk, give Mayo 7+ million a year and chase Kaman's old no defense empty stat sheet *** for 8 figures. And Walsh and Pritchard shouldn't stomp on that flaming bag on their porch.

No way Mayo will sign for less tha Hill did. The FO needs to quit worrying about Mayo, Lee, other SG's and concentrate on bolstering the front court bench.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Sorry, but I've never seen much about Mayo that says great shot creation or point guard skills. He seems to me to be similar to Hill, George and Granger: Good shooter, can make some nice drives, but lacking in a creative midrange game.

There's nothing about adding Mayo that would help this team where it itches. I'd rather have taken Brandon Roy, who could be a real difference maker, and risk the 70 percent chance he'd be a flop.

My only hope now is Imawhat's comment that maybe this is setting us up to trade George or Granger or Hill for a truly helpful part.

You can't trade Hill. After he signs, it's like 90 days or something b4 he can be traded. It would have to be Granger or Paul. Paul's salary limits his trading where Granger's can bring a bigger quality type player back. JMO, but I see both starting the season for the Pacers. Lose Granger and Hibbert, and this is a lottery team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Courtney Lee is getting affections from the Bulls and the Pacers... but hearing Pacers may be close to something with OJ Mayo.

COME ON DOWN OJ
    That is good news, unless it means you've priced yourself out of Hibbert.

OJ and Hibbert would be a victory for the offseason

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    I think Courtney Lee is probably the most realistic option at this point. Mayo is going to be another "swing and a miss" for the Pacers during free agency.

I wanted Lee in the draft over BRush, but I don't see where the Pacers need him now with Hill, Johnson, Dahntay, and Stephenson. There isn't enough b/u minutes now at SG for those just mentioned unless some, Dahntay and Stephenson, are moved.

If Mayo is signed, even less minutes. That doesn't bode well trying to develop Orlando Johnson. Then a trade has to be made or some are going to be nothing but bench ornaments. JMO concerning Mayo, but some had better be careful what they wish for.

I'd rather go after Gerald Green who can b/u Granger and play SG. He can be the off bench scorer, and cheaper than Mayo. IMO, Mayo is going to cost 8-9 mil for 4 years. That's just too much. 7 mil is too much as far as I'm concerned. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    No way Mayo will sign for less tha Hill did. The FO needs to quit worrying about Mayo, Lee, other SG's and concentrate on bolstering the front court bench.
    We have a bodies in our frontcourt in West, Tyler, Plumlee, Pendergraph. I'm not saying they're THE answer at all whatsoever but we def need another REAL scoring threat from the perimeter. PG is too inconsistent offensively to be fully counted on.

I believe(more like hope and pray at this point) once the 2guarf spot is filled, we'll turn to another big.

Also, I saw someone who thought Mayo and Hill were redundant. If you think they're the same type of player, you havent seen Mayo play much

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    That is good news, unless it means you've priced yourself out of Hibbert.
    Technically you can't price yourself out of Hibbert. As long as we signed OJ first, we could go over the tax, if necessary, to sign Hibbert.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

If I had to choose between signing Mayo for 8 mil or Kaman for 8-10 that's a no brainer. From what I've seen of Mayo last year I don't think he helps this team, we're fine at the wing and combo guard spots. Kaman fill a need and improves this team. If it comes down to a trade later for an upgrade at the pg spot, I think we'd get a lot more out of moving Kaman or a big man then we'd ever get out of moving Mayo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Whoa let's not go crazy now.

I wanted Lee in the draft over BRush, but I don't see where the Pacers need him now with Hill, Johnson, Dahntay, and Stephenson. There isn't enough b/u minutes now at SG for those just mentioned unless some, Dahntay and Stephenson, are moved.

If Mayo is signed, even less minutes. That doesn't bode well trying to develop Orlando Johnson. Then a trade has to be made or some are going to be nothing but bench ornaments. JMO concerning Mayo, but some had better be careful what they wish for.

I'd rather go after Gerald Green who can b/u Granger and play SG. He can be the off bench scorer, and cheaper than Mayo. IMO, Mayo is going to cost 8-9 mil for 4 years. That's just too much. 7 mil is too much as far as I'm concerned. JMOAA
    The Pacers need a perimeter scorer off the bench. Lance is too inconsistent, Dahntay --just no--, and Orlando Johnson is an unproven 2nd round pick who we can't honestly rely on to score consistently from the bench, not yet anyway. There was a reason that the Pacers traded for Leandro Barbosa last season. I don't know if I trust Gerald Green to fit that role.

I agree that the Pacers need additional scoring off the bench from the frontcourt but they need it from the backcourt too.
    Last edited by Aw Heck; 07-06-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Just my opinion as well. I think they are both capable of more than they've shown since being drafting, but I prefer Green's 2-3 versatility over Mayo's (alleged) 1-2 versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    We have a bodies in our frontcourt in West, Tyler, Plumlee, Pendergraph. I'm not saying they're THE answer at all whatsoever but we def need another REAL scoring threat from the perimeter. PG is too inconsistent offensively to be fully counted on.

I believe(more like hope and pray at this point) once the 2guarf spot is filled, we'll turn to another big.
    The scorer off the bench doesn't necessarily have to be a SG. It could be a SF. The off bench scorer is going to be playing with the bench the majority of the time.

I truly feel Orlando Johnson should be given the opportunity to be the off the bench scorer. I just have this feeling Orlando J is going to be a really good player for the Pacers for years to come. I believe Orlando J was drafted to be the scorer off the bench just like I believed PG was drafted to be Rush's replacement at SG.

I just hope the FO won't sit on their hands and not do what is necessary to bolster the the front court where they end up with a lack of quality BIG men like last year. A redo of last year isn't going to cut it, especially if the FO wants to take another step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Just my opinion as well. I think they are both capable of more than they've shown since being drafting, but I prefer Green's 2-3 versatility over Mayo's (alleged) 1-2 versatility.
    This would be ideal with the exception, Green is just like Paul George in that he has incredible athleticism, but doesn't have good enough ball handling ability to score consistently in isolation situations, which is what we need. D.Jones can play backup 2/3 just fine

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    We need to sign a veteran PG to share some mins with Lance (Hinrich, Dooling, Fisher, etc) and then look to package DC, Hans, and a pick for a legitimate big off the bench (Varejao, Anderson S&T, Millsap). I wouldn't mind shopping Dhantay for a defensive minded SF either.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

No way is Minnie going to trade Pekovic! They finally found a Center to play next to Love. Even Kahn isn't that stupid.
    I'm just saying it would be my counter to the Wolves offer. Webster is awful and a lame contract. Batum is better then Williams will ever be and Batum still hasn't reached his full potential. Either Minni is going to make it worth while to Portland or Portland will match and keep Batum.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Whoa let's not go crazy now.
    At this point what would you consider a victory? Ramon Sessions? Courtney Lee?? I said a victory not a grand slam we're headed for the title offseason.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin