Page 7 of 178 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel confident that those of you that are wanting to trade away our forwards are going to have a long boring summer.
    I agree. Thank goodness the front office doesn't operate the way some posters want them to. We made it up to the 5th best record in the entire NBA and now some posters want us to rebuild or retool. Their thinking is"we can't win since their are 4 teams better than us, we need to rebuild."

I just don't understand their thinking. There were about 17 teams with better records than us last year, and more than that the year before and they can't see the progress we are making! :shaking head:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

After we win a championship it will be the same thing. People will talk about trading Danny to keep the team young and the window from closing or whatever. It's basketball and certain fans won't ever be satisfied with any roster.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    Agree 100%. Cant see Danny going and am yet to see a possible scenario that makes sense.

However......

We are scouting a lot of SF types.....

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...til-next-week/

The Pacers will hold their second draft workouts at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Thursday.

–Will Barton (Memphis)

–Kent Bazemore (Old Dominion)

–Jae Crowder (Marquette)

–Darius Miller (Kentucky)

–Khris Middleton (Texas A&M)

–Jeffery Taylor (Vanderbilt)
    I would think that could be due to the fact that the Pacers have one SF on the roster, Danny. Obviously, I'm counting Paul as a SG, since that's the position he's played so far.

Dahntay is a 2, playing the three at times. Otherwise, we have at least 4 PF (David/Lou/Tyler/Pendy) 2 C (Roy/Fes) 5 Guards (DC/Hill/AJ/Paul/Dahntay) 1 SF (Danny)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    It's basketball and certain fans won't ever be satisfied with any roster.
    Basically.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

BTW, If this is possible, I would like for the FO to try to trade Tyler Hansbrough and DC for a pick or picks, while trying to buy a pick for cash considerations... While keeping our pick. Having 3-4 picks in this draft would be sick.

Would save us a ton of money too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    BTW, If this is possible, I would like for the FO to try to trade Tyler Hansbrough and DC for a pick or picks, while trying to buy a pick for cash considerations... While keeping our pick. Having 3-4 picks in this draft would be sick.

We had the 5th best record in the NBA no reason to trade Tyler or DC I guess some people can't be satisfied....

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    We had the 5th best record in the NBA no reason to trade Tyler or DC I guess some people can't be satisfied....

Come on, man. There are a lot more choices than "trade the current best players for players with potential" and "keep everyone".

It would really help if you didn't act all sarcastic about guys suggesting tweaks because your nose is out of joint that most people don't regard sending Danny for two draft picks as a "tweak".
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

Come on, man. There are a lot more choices than "trade the current best players for players with potential" and "keep everyone".

It would really help if you didn't act all sarcastic about guys suggesting tweaks because your nose is out of joint that most people don't regard sending Danny for two draft picks as a "tweak".
    I've never say to trade Danny for two picks, I wouldn't trade him for just picks for your information.

I've never say to trade Danny for two picks, I wouldn't trade him for just picks for your information.
    OK, fair enough, I didn't go back and pick out whose scenarios belonged to whom. Regardless, I think people see trading Danny for anything at all is much more than a tweak.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

I really still don't understand all the Granger hate. He showed he CARED about this team when he came back for game 6 against the Heat. His offensive game was a lot better at the end of the year because the lack of the last offseason most likely affected him. His defense is getting better and better every year. And he is LOYAL to the Pacers.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Banned

OK, fair enough, I didn't go back and pick out whose scenarios belonged to whom. Regardless, I think people see trading Danny for anything at all is much more than a tweak.
    And I respect your opinion, the point is that you don't see me posting "well some people are just a bunch of homers so they want to keep the team together not matter what", this is a rumors thread that of course is going to bring some discussions about trading Danny or anybody, there is not reason for people to get all sensitive when somebody suggests to trade a player, that's all.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The player I would love to get from Toronto is Ed Davis. I would definitely like to work a deal out with them. I'd think they would appreciate Hansborough more than we would for his toughness that they lack in the front court. Collison would be someone I think they would consider as well. I'd wonder if they would give up #8, Calderon's contract, and Davis for Collison, Hansborough, and #26 (possibly next year's first as well).

I would trade our first for Davis straight up if they'd do it.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

And I respect your opinion, the point is that you don't see me posting "well some people are just a bunch of homers so they want to keep the team together not matter what", this is a rumors thread that of course is going to bring some discussions about trading Danny or anybody, there is not reason for people to get all sensitive when somebody suggests to trade a player, that's all.
    The point I am making in trying to help you understand why people get bent out of shape about your posts is that when you get defensive you lash back at things that are in no way the same degree as the proposal you are being criticized on (and usually not the same people, so you hit someone who never poked you first).

You need to pick your responses better, kind of like Danny's shot selection
    BillS

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Banned

The point I am making in trying to help you understand why people get bent out of shape about your posts is that when you get defensive you lash back at things that are in no way the same degree as the proposal you are being criticized on (and usually not the same people, so you hit someone who never poked you first).

You need to pick your responses better, kind of like Danny's shot selection
    Of course they are in the same degree, how many times I was called "DC hater" for suggesting to move him to the bench or trade him? And trust me I know who I am responding to, some guys don't post but they are ussualy the first ones thanking somebody that disagrees with me.

I guess I'm just trying to fight some of the over sensitivity around here with some sarcasm so this people know they are doing the same thing I and others get acuse of, like suggesting to trade DC and Tyler while thanking a person for saying "some people are never going to be satisfied" crazy if you ask me.

Edit: Even Hicks suggested to trade Danny for picks and get Wallace, does that mean that "he is never going to be satisfied"? or that only qualifies for some people here?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 06-14-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post

I am always amazed that people think we can trade our "junk" for something really good like a high draft pick. You don't want these players so why do you think anyone else does?

Of course they are in the same degree, how many times I was called "DC hater" for suggesting to move him to the bench or trade him? And trust me I know who I am responding to, some guys don't post but they are ussualy the first ones thanking somebody that disagrees with me.

I guess I'm just trying to fight some of the over sensitivity around here with some sarcasm so this people know they are doing the same thing I and others get acuse of, like suggesting to trade DC and Tyler while thanking a person for saying "some people are never going to be satisfied" crazy if you ask me.
    You do realize that thanking someone doesn't always indicate 100% agreement, right? You're probably safer just addressing people who actually say something, not carrying a grudge against folks who thank their posts.

As I see it, you tend to react to the issues from the few as if EVERYONE treats you the same way and all the same topics.
    BillS

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I am always amazed that people think we can trade our "junk" for something really good like a high draft pick. You don't want these players so why do you think anyone else does?
    hey, the Lakers did give a pick for Sessions, and the Grizzlies actually wanted to give Mayo for McBob! I don't think what he suggests is out of question, at all.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    hey, the Lakers did give a pick for Sessions, and the Grizzlies actually wanted to give Mayo for McBob! I don't think what he suggests is out of question, at all.
    Did the Grizzilies trade Mayo for McBrick? No. No one in the NBA is going to give up a top 15 or perhaps even a top 20 pick for Hans and DC. I am surprised that you didn't mention that the Spurs gave up Hill for a draft pick... Oh, yeah, that pick became a starter and a probably future all star..... They gave something to get something really good..... That is what we would have to do to. You might trade George or Hibbert for a good draft pick. I don't think you would have any takers for Granger.........

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    The player I would love to get from Toronto is Ed Davis. I would definitely like to work a deal out with them. I'd think they would appreciate Hansborough more than we would for his toughness that they lack in the front court. Collison would be someone I think they would consider as well. I'd wonder if they would give up #8, Calderon's contract, and Davis for Collison, Hansborough, and #26 (possibly next year's first as well).

I would trade our first for Davis straight up if they'd do it.
    I know it's wrong and you can't judge a player by one play at all but whenever I think of Ed Davis all I can think of is this.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Did the Grizzilies trade Mayo for McBrick? No. No one in the NBA is going to give up a top 15 or perhaps even a top 20 pick for Hans and DC. I am surprised that you didn't mention that the Spurs gave up Hill for a draft pick... Oh, yeah, that pick became a starter and a probably future all star..... They gave something to get something really good..... That is what we would have to do to. You might trade George or Hibbert for a good draft pick. I don't think you would have any takers for Granger.........
    Hmm. We must be talking about different things. The post you originally quoted said nothing about top 15 picks, or trading Granger.

I don't necessarily understand what you are saying there about Granger, or Hill (yes, the Spurs liked Leonard, and they were right, and they did trade Hill for a mid round pick, which means?), but either way, I believe you need to reread the original BringJackBack post.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know it's wrong and you can't judge a player by one play at all but whenever I think of Ed Davis all I can think of is this.

My brain hates when Danny does his stare-down act. But my blue and gold heart feels more like this:

Sports Logo

If the question is simply whether Granger can net the Pacers a good draft pick.......the answer is yes, I think that he has enough trade value that he can. For example, given what the Warriors are trying to acquire a veteran and experienced SF......I can easily see them offering the #7 pick for Granger.

If the question is whether I would actually do such a trade....my answer would be no ( mainly because the Warriors don't have the right assets to make the rest of the trading pieces make sense for the Pacers ).

I know that Granger is never going to approach the level of a Franchise Player like LeWade or Durant....but if Granger can't net you some 7 to 10 pick ( even in a deep draft like this ), than Granger's trade value must be worst than we thought.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I don't particularly want to see either go. Hansbrough is a bit hard to defend, but still he has potential. But realistically, both are on short contract status and will want to sign for more money. The team is already going to have to go big with some salaries this year to keep Hibbert and Hill. West and some others are also going to cost. Bird wont keep them all so the bench will likely be shuffled with DC and Hans being likely IMO.

Sports Logo

I have zero problem trading Hansbrough if it meant that we either draft a backup SF or PF that Bird/KP think are long-term fits for the Team. As for DC...the same can be said....but there are more variables involved ( such as whether we get a new Starting PG or replacement for DC ).

Unfortunately, Hansbrough isn't consistent enough for my tastes to be considered "satisfied" with him filling our long-term backup PF needs.

But as I have mentioned before....it doesn't really matter....I think that Hansbrough will be on this roster as long as Bird is here.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I wonder if Nets could have made a run after Gay if they would not have traded the 6th pick away for a 2 month rental.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post: