Page 67 of 178 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1651
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,301

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the other being a five-year, $32 million offer for Courtney Lee.

    Wow 5 years 32 milion. Free Agency isn't free.
    damn.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  2. #1652

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    GET OJ MAYO ALREADY!!

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  4. #1653
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news

    Former NBA Player James White to Knicks
    July 5, 2012


    Former NBA player James White, who played the last two years in Italy, has agreed to a one-year contract with the New York Knicks.

    Daniel Curtin, who works at the Three Eye Sports agency that represents White, said the deal amount is for slightly less than the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million.

    “He’s excited about it,” Curtin said. “He’s going to have a chance to play. He’s come a long way since his earlier NBA stint. I think it’s a great opportunity for him, especially with the personnel he’ll be playing with. He has some elite intangibles.”

    via Jared Zwerling of ESPN New York
    Sittin on top of the world!

  5. #1654
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GET OJ MAYO ALREADY!!
    At the rate our FO is going, all thats left is letting Roy go and signing Kaman.

    Dont get too excited.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  6. #1655
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,953

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GET OJ MAYO ALREADY!!
    You do not want him for the price he's about to command.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  8. #1656
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could have dangled a 2nd and Stanko.
    those are scraps though.

    for comparison, the Cavs spent the 24th, 33rd and 34th to move up to the 17th.
    the Raptors pick will be much higher than that, possibly even top 10. While the Pacers first will be in mid 20s, the 2nd will be in mid 50s, and Stanko is a throw-in at this point.

  9. #1657
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,208

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do not want him for the price he's about to command.
    Do you think we're more likely to overpay for Mayo or Lee? Or simply do nothing and just sign Kaman?

  10. #1658
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do not want him for the price he's about to command.
    Right, whats Mayo get 5 years 45 million? Free Agency sucks dude.

    I'm back to wanting to overpay for Roy, at least you can trust him to not phone it in.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  12. #1659
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,953

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Mayo's a better reserve than lee, but he's also more expensive.

    Neither guy is worth the asking price. The difference is, lee's price is more likely to come down.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  14. #1660
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald

    @SteveBHoop: Brandon Bass staying. Celtics have reached agreement with power forward on 3-year deal, per Herald source.

    Another one bites the dust!
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  16. #1661
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Another one gone.

    @SteveBHoop: Brandon Bass staying. Celtics have reached agreement with power forward on 3-year deal, per Herald source.

  17. #1662
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Hell they better resign Fesenko at this point, he'd come back for only a couple million.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  18. #1663
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell they better resign Fesenko at this point, he'd come back for only a couple million.
    At this point, he'll probably get the Mid-Level exception.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #1664
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I would prefer Mayo over Lee but I am scared that he will get too much $$$. I do think however that Mayo still has a lot of upside and even all-star potential. He was very good his first couple years in Memphis and was criminally misused thereafter as a 3pt specialist off the bench. I think he is much more versatile than Lee….

    I am actually pretty intrigued by Gerald Green. He has really matured his game and become much more than just an athletic freak (although he still has that skill down pat) I watched him a little last season with the Nets and he is a very solid 3pt shooter, he attacks the rim, moves well without the ball and is an above avg rebounder at his position. I also think he could be had for a lot better price than Mayo or Lee.

    Not much has been said about Mahinmi's planned visit with the Pacers but he is another guy I think would be a great fit here. He is still young and has quite a bit of upside but is also ready to contribute right away at both the PF & C spots which is something we need. Perfect scenario IMO is matching Roy's deal and signing Mahinmi. I like Kaman….and I would be for signing him as Roy's backup at the right price…..unfortunately I see him commanding a lot more than hes worth and wanting a starting job…..

    Guys I think we should be looking at

    SG/SFs - Mayo, Lee, Green
    PF/Cs - Mahinmi, Jason Thompson,

  20. #1665
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Well lets hope KP has some trades up his sleeve or a Roy match is in the works, I can feel the natives getting restless.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  22. #1666
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Since we have Miles.....I slot him in as the backup Center ( we drafted him to do that....he better be doing that on a consistent basis on Day 1 ). I only look at Mahinmi as a replacement for Hansbrough ( which seems unlikely given his previous role on the Mavs ).

    Since Bass is off the board....I'm more inclined to believe that we will not get a Big Man UNLESS they come really cheap ( which seems unlikely ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #1667
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm still hoping that Brandon Roy comes here and his knee bones hold up:

    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA July 2
    Brandon Roy has met with Minnesota and Dallas. He still has to meet with Golden State, Chicago and Indiana, and then he'll make a decision.

  24. #1668
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Wonder if BRoy is getting physicals at each stop?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  26. #1669
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Michael Beasley signed for a very reasonable 3/$18M deal, which gives me hope that Mayo can be signed without breaking the bank. 4/$30M would be fine with me.

  27. #1670

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    RealGM Wiretap
    Basketball news gathered from around the net.

    Jason Kidd Agrees To Sign With Knicks For $9M Over Three Seasons
    Jul 05, 2012 4:40 PM EDT


    Jason Kidd has agreed to sign with the Knicks on a three-year, $9 million deal, according to sources.

    Kidd will presumably backup Jeremy Lin if he is ultimately retained as expected.

    The Mavericks were confident they were moving toward a deal with Kidd.

    Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)
    Jason Kidd, New York Knicks, Dallas Mavericks, NBA, NBA Signing Rumor, NBA Misc Rumor
    Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets


    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222091/Jason_Kidd_Agrees_To_Sign_With_Knicks_For_$9M_Over _Three_Seasons#ixzz1zmeePXvO

    Really we need something to happen

  28. #1671

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    With teams like the Mavericks and Rockets still without a PG and the best free agent point guards left on the market being Ramon Sessions and Aaron Brooks, I think DC can be a valuable trading chip.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


  30. #1672
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i don't think there was ever a good chance of NY not matching him, even if they got Nash. Now, that's pretty much unthinkable.
    Yeah, I never expected Lin to not be re-signed by the Knicks given his upside and marketability. I just found it odd how Houston was so quick to move Lowry after losing Dragic.I assume they have something in mind, possibly Ramon Sessions.

  31. #1673
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    GET ****ING OJ MAYO
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  33. #1674

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I never expected Lin to not be re-signed by the Knicks given his upside and marketability. I just found it odd how Houston was so quick to move Lowry after losing Dragic.I assume they have something in mind, possibly Ramon Sessions.
    Their talking to Aaron Brooks.

  34. #1675
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Darn there goes Felton and Lowry. It will be interesting to see what Felton signed for with the Knicks, and what the Lowry trade was.

    Raptors have no reason to keep Calderon now. He's an expiring, so maybe they can find a taker.
    I just hope it's not us
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •