Page 61 of 178 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

RLeWorm

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

since nash might go to NY that means they probably won't resign Lin. Why don't we go after him?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shumpert to the Suns as well, according to Marc Stein.
    Ouch. Shump is a nice young piece

Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    since nash might go to NY that means they probably won't resign Lin. Why don't we go after him?
    I thought the same thing. He's intriguing, especially from the perspective of selling tickets.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    I thought the same thing. He's intriguing, especially from the perspective of selling tickets.
    You want to make a similar offer to Lin that the Rocket's offered him?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    nvm just read an article on yahoo and says NY still plans on matching any offer given to Lin

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You want to make a similar offer to Lin that the Rocket's offered him?
    Oh wow I just read that offer. Yeah I would say that's a little steep. Personally I think hill at 8 is better than Lin at 7.5. Still worth considering I suppose.

Sports Logo

nvm just read an article on yahoo and says NY still plans on matching any offer given to Lin
    I can only hope that they do......they'd be in serious LT hell in the last 2 years of his contract.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They just about have to do that when they are relying on a nearly 40 year old PG.....

Sports Logo

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4587283.story

In fact, league sources have suggested Hinrich’s price, with as many as eight teams in play for his services, should approach or exceed the mini midlevel salary cap exception of $3 million.
    If quality Bench Players like Hinrich can be had for $3-4 mil a year and the Pacers FO are going for "as much bang for the buck", then these are the Players that the Pacers should be going after. Players like DreMiller ( yes, not a Steve Nash but still a quality PG that can effectively run an offense ) could have been had for the price range that I suspect that the FO is looking for.

I'm not suggesting that Hinrich could the starting PG.....I'd look at him as another ComboGuard that could fit our needs. Why is the FO not ( at the very least ) "kicking the tires" for Players like this?

If anything, the FO has been looking at Guards/Forwards....not any other PG than Nash. I'm beginning to think that GH and DC are our PG rotation for this upcoming season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.

^Yes for some reason I get the feeling our FO doesn't quite understand one of our biggest problems is we don't have a true point guard. At this point I'd be surprised if GH or DC aren't the starting PG for us next year :/

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I think maybe they understand the need... But they aren't going to get someone until they KNOW they are the real deal. No more TJ Fords, Jarrett Jacks, DCs, or Hills. Hill will fill in, since he can play offense and defense effectively, until we get that guy. Until then we try to make him into a floor leader and great defender to pair with PG.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    ^Yes for some reason I get the feeling our FO doesn't quite understand one of our biggest problems is we don't have a true point guard. At this point I'd be surprised if GH or DC aren't the starting PG for us next year :/
    I don't think that we need a true PG....I just think that we need a better PG than GH or DC in the PG rotation. I can live with GH as our backup...heck, I can even live with him as the Starter ( given that the FO paid $8 mil a year for him ), I just don't think that DC is complimentary to GH as the other PG in the rotation. Add in that he'll likely get a contract offer that won't match the role that he will likely fill for the Team with GH as the Starting PG for the foreseeable future....I think that we have to look at alternatives in our PG rotation.

But the whole point of my post was that there are quality rotational Players that the Pacers can go after at a reasonable price....I just don't know if they are looking in the right places......or worse...not looking at all to fill potential needs.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    I think maybe they understand the need... But they aren't going to get someone until they KNOW they are the real deal. No more TJ Fords, Jarrett Jacks, DCs, or Hills. Hill will fill in, since he can play offense and defense effectively, until we get that guy. Until then we try to make him into a floor leader and great defender to pair with PG.
    What does getting "someone until they KNOW they are the real deal" mean?

Waiting to make pitches at PGs like Nash or DWill when they hit the market ( which they did )?

If we are thinking that we have to wait for a Player like CP3 to hit the open market next season ( which he probably will but won't likely come to Indy ), what do we do until that happens....sit and wait?

We have to field the best PG rotation that we can get with the likely available PGs. I would LOVE to have Nash or DWill...but since they won't come to Indy....I'd live with a PG rotation of GH and Jarrett Jack ( or even DreMiller...when he was available...or even Hinrich ).

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

What does getting "someone until they KNOW they are the real deal" mean?

Waiting to make pitches at PGs like Nash or DWill when they hit the market ( which they did )?

If we are thinking that we have to wait for a Player like CP3 to hit the open market next season ( which he probably will but won't likely come to Indy ), what do we do until that happens....sit and wait?

We have to field the best PG rotation that we can get with the likely available PGs. I would LOVE to have Nash or DWill...but since they won't come to Indy....I'd live with a PG rotation of GH and Jarrett Jack ( or even DreMiller...when he was available...or even Hinrich ).
    I mean I don't think they want a top of the line guy at the one, but maybe they have a specific player in mind who could fill the floor leader/defender role to the ultimatum. I don't know who they could have in mind. I was thinking maybe Dre, but he's not available. But someone in the mold of what Jason Kidd has been for Dallas the past couple of years, which in the end was a great help towards their championship. It could even be an under the radar guy who they think could fill that role extremely well like former all star Jameer Nelson, or if they think Raymond Felton can go back to what he was doing in New York with solid defense and good passing.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    i read somewhere that the salary cap will go down next season. the number quoted was $56M. That makes the 'apron' ~$60M and the luxury tax ~$67M. Maybe that is why the Pacers are reluctant to tie up $14M on a good but not great player.

Just thinking out loud, but if the result of the latest CBA negotiation is a lower cap, which it is going to be, the Pacers are being realistic about what they can really afford. and what other team can afford. Portland looks like a team that will have 4 NBA players and 10 NBADL players if they sign Roy and Batum. How far are they going to go with that core?

I like Aldridge, he is a very good player. a legit star. But Batum, roy and matthews are not. Nice guy, nice players, but none of them is going to give you 30 when you need it. Not sure Aldridge can either, but i do think he is a top 5 guy at his position.
    Everything I've seen/heard says it's staying exactly the same, not going up OR down.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

I'm beginning to think that GH and DC are our PG rotation for this upcoming season.
    Other than the fact the front office has been saying that since the end of the season I don't know what gives you that idea.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

If we pay our RFA's and go into next season with the essentially the same team, what place do we finish in the east? Both NY teams pass us. Who else?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Banned

2 and 13 for him is not bad at all, he is only 23 years old and averaged 9.6 and 7.3

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Free agent center Spencer Hawes has reached agreement on a two-year, $13M-plus extension with Philadelphia, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-04-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    If we pay our RFA's and go into next season with the essentially the same team, what place do we finish in the east? Both NY teams pass us. Who else?
    Depends on how those two new/better teams do in NY and if we improve from within. Roy could be better, Paul George could be (much) better, Hill might be better with a training camp with the team and coming out as the starter from day 1. Just have to wait and see. Maybe they've all reached a plateau. I kind of doubt it, so I think we might be better even without more help. But we could slide back, too.

I could see us fighting to get back to about 3rd, I could see us sliding down to 6th.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    That's not right. The CBA guarantees that the 2012-13 salary is at least equal to last season's.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q13
    thanx, that is what i thought. guess i should trust my own instead of what i read.

what it does mean is the salary cap could/will be going down the season after next. Interesting, the NBA almost has a couple of years that are on the old CBA as a run in to the new one.

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
    The Knicks have agreed to terms with former 6-foot-7 Cincinnati forward James White on a one-year deal his agent confirmed.

Yep, that would be our former James White. Wonder if this a prelude to including Shumpert in a Nash S+T.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

I can hardly stand all of this excitement surrounding the Pacers..
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
    The Knicks have agreed to terms with former 6-foot-7 Cincinnati forward James White on a one-year deal his agent confirmed.

Yep, that would be our former James White. Wonder if this a prelude to including Shumpert in a Nash S+T.
    Now we know that he was a Walsh pick, oh wait......

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I can hardly stand all of this excitement surrounding the Pacers..
    We got our big acquisition already ol Plumlee will take us straight to the finals who needs Roy Hibbert not us

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:

George Hill wants Courtney Lee to come here