Page 60 of 178 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1476
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nash getting 9-10 mil? Why can't we match that!?!
    Bc Nash WANTS to play in NY

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  3. #1477

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    i read somewhere that the salary cap will go down next season. the number quoted was $56M. That makes the 'apron' ~$60M and the luxury tax ~$67M. Maybe that is why the Pacers are reluctant to tie up $14M on a good but not great player.

    Just thinking out loud, but if the result of the latest CBA negotiation is a lower cap, which it is going to be, the Pacers are being realistic about what they can really afford. and what other team can afford. Portland looks like a team that will have 4 NBA players and 10 NBADL players if they sign Roy and Batum. How far are they going to go with that core?

    I like Aldridge, he is a very good player. a legit star. But Batum, roy and matthews are not. Nice guy, nice players, but none of them is going to give you 30 when you need it. Not sure Aldridge can either, but i do think he is a top 5 guy at his position.

  4. #1478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    holy crap our FO has done nothing so far!
    They can't get the superstars to come to Indy and they never have. This is nothing new. Does this mean that the Pacers are not behind NY and Brooklyn? That makes them number six if they can beat Philly and I don't think that is a given in a short series..... The Pacers will be back to struggling to make the playoffs with this group. That might not be a bad thing.....

  5. #1479

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think this hurts the knicks, you're crazy.

    re-unite Nash and amare? That has NEVER been a bad thing.
    I am not 100% sure that Amare will last. His back has taken him out of games for the last 2 years.

  6. #1480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bc Nash WANTS to play in NY
    I guess the myth that players don't want to play here is over....

  7. #1481

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Well shucks. I wish Nash liked us

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZepZach For This Useful Post:


  9. #1482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit pessimistic, but a valid response nevertheless. Thanks.
    Well, I have room to be pleasantly surprised. Some folks here only set themselves up for big disappointments......

  10. #1483
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well shucks. I wish Nash liked us
    I am delighted he didn't. We don't need to waste money or time on a 40 yr. old PG......

  11. #1484
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not 100% sure that Amare will last. His back has taken him out of games for the last 2 years.
    He'll be fine, Amare,Melo,Chandler and Nash is an scary team, and yes there is only one basketball but if anybody knows how to make players fit in a system that is Nash.

  12. #1485
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i read somewhere that the salary cap will go down next season. the number quoted was $56M. That makes the 'apron' ~$60M and the luxury tax ~$67M. Maybe that is why the Pacers are reluctant to tie up $14M on a good but not great player.

    Just thinking out loud, but if the result of the latest CBA negotiation is a lower cap, which it is going to be, the Pacers are being realistic about what they can really afford. and what other team can afford. Portland looks like a team that will have 4 NBA players and 10 NBADL players if they sign Roy and Batum. How far are they going to go with that core?

    I like Aldridge, he is a very good player. a legit star. But Batum, roy and matthews are not. Nice guy, nice players, but none of them is going to give you 30 when you need it. Not sure Aldridge can either, but i do think he is a top 5 guy at his position.
    That's not right. The CBA guarantees that the 2012-13 salary is at least equal to last season's.

    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q13

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  14. #1486

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Yes, this is a great move for the Knicks. This will do wonders for Carmelo, Chandler and A'mare. I hate this move, but as a basketball fan I'm interested in seeing it play out.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  16. #1487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be fine, Amare,Melo,Chandler and Nash is an scary team, and yes there is only one basketball but if anybody knows how to make players fit in a system that is Nash.
    I agree with all of that. They won't be a good defensive team but they will be fun to watch and they will a lot of games in the regular season. In the playoffs, I am not so sure......

  17. #1488
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nash getting 9-10 mil? Why can't we match that!?!
    Nash turned down $12m from the Raptors. Imagine how they feel.

  18. #1489

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be fine, Amare,Melo,Chandler and Nash is an scary team, and yes there is only one basketball but if anybody knows how to make players fit in a system that is Nash.
    He'll be fine just like Nene would be fine and David West wouldn't? LOL!

    NO one knows but I am more skeptical of back injuries and players health especially considering now the Knicks have 2 players with back problems.

  19. #1490

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    He was never going to the Raptors.

    I understand why people thought he might, but a lot of people are forgetting just how competitive he is. He's very competitive.

  20. #1491
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    In lieu of all the wonderful rumors that are associated with the Pacers (green)...

    Just wanted to wish everyone a fun and safe 4th of July! Independence Day biatches.

    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  22. #1492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be fine just like Nene would be fine and David West wouldn't? LOL!

    NO one knows but I am more skeptical of back injuries and players health especially considering now the Knicks have 2 players with back problems.
    Nash has back issues and has been playing with back issues for a long time, Amare is going to be fine, he had multiple issues going last year not just his back, I don't even know what West and Nene have to do with anything we are discussing here, if you meant it to be a joke you have failed.

  23. #1493

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    holy crap our FO has done nothing so far!


    What? Tendered Hill a 40 mil 5 year offer. LOL LOL LOL!

  24. #1494
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I have room to be pleasantly surprised. Some folks here only set themselves up for big disappointments......
    True. I guess if you always aim low, you will never be disappointed. Shame on me for setting my sights a bit higher...

  25. #1495
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Is the Moratorium and the entire Free Agency period over? Trading period too. Wow that does suck. How did I miss that.

  26. #1496

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nash has back issues and has been playing with back issues for a long time, Amare is going to be fine, he had multiple issues going last year not just his back, I don't even know what West and Nene have to do with anything we are discussing here, if you meant it to be a joke you have failed.
    ITs just points out that we really can't assume that players should be fine like you are stating. Nash will be without his excellent training staff in PHO and Amare has had back issues for 2 years now.

    I guess I will go back to my orginal statement that I wouldn't be 100% sure that Amare will be healthy because he hasn't shown it the past 2 years. The Nene thing was just proof that we really can't assume that players will be healthy at the end of the day as many poster argued over Nene vs West.

  27. #1497

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Evan Sidery ‏@ESidery
    Official: Steve Nash has been traded to the Knicks.

  28. #1498
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO one knows but I am more skeptical of back injuries and players health especially considering now the Knicks have 2 players with back problems.
    I have the same condition that Nash has and it is a non displaced fracture of the vertebra that does not heal. The Suns trainers kept him on the court but his condition is not going to get better with age. At 38 he still has talent but the drop off will happen soon.

    Also if they could get rid of Melo the Knicks might have something going.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:


  30. #1499
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Shumpert to the Suns as well, according to Marc Stein.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  31. #1500
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,142
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Wonder if maybe they'll trade Lin to Phoenix if they know Houston is going to poison pill them on Lin's contract.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •