Page 59 of 178 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Mayo news has been really quiet. I know he said he doesn't want mid-level deals, so he wasn't meeting with Boston...any other news out of his camp?
    seems like he's running out of suitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post

Im all for Delfino i think he would be a great backup for Danny

I'df rather have Gerald Green. He is more athletic and can drive n finish.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    http://www.thescore.com/home/article...to-offer-sheet

Are the Rockets going to let Dragic walk?

I'd say yes, and Lowry has already stated his views about wanting to be traded if he isn't the starter. Why pay Lin this type money when Lowry is signed at 5 mil?

What I find humorous is there are those that think Dragic is a flash in the pan, but Linsanity is for real. Yep, lets overpay both of them!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would like to get Big Roy back, and be able to sign Kaman and Mayo. I think that would be a win. Not sure we could do both without doing some kind of trade but I think we could get it done. Also, I sure we will not get Nash but would love to see him as a Pacer. He has always been a favorite of mine, but not enough to put us in the whole.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    That may be true. He's been linked to a ton of teams. But the most recent thing I saw from a day or 2 ago has the Nets, Celts, Pacers, and Suns. Well the Celts got Terry and likely Allen, Nets don't have any cap room after getting JJ, Suns just got Gordon (potentially).....which leaves us.

He was also linked to a ton of other teams: Houston (signed Asik and possibly Lin, not sure what kind of $ they have left), Minny (signed Batum though), Lakers, Knicks (neither have the cap space to give what he wants).

We may be the last team standing that offers both a winning team and money he wants. So...I'd expect to hear we're meeting with him in the coming days.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Yep, he was an important piece on that Finals team. Pretty impressive since he was only a rookie then.
    I was really surprised when they moved him. Mistake imo.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I bet we sign Courtney Lee

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Corner 3 is huge when you run everything through the post. Sign Roy, Sign Courtney Lee, turn out the lights on your way out.
    Yep.

But we have to be able to get the ball into the post.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

9. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Thank God he is gone...... I did not want to see him playing for the Pacers or sitting on the bench in an Armani suit all of the time. The obsession of people on this forum about him made me dislike him intensely and the same is true of Nash..... We never had a chance of signing either one and we should not have signed either one. Now, match for Big Roy and keep making this team deeper....
    Just curious.....you don't want a 2 time MVP nor an up and coming scoring guard, all the while saying that we aren't as good as we appear and just overachieved last year. I have only seen you advocate signing Roy and adding "depth". How would OlBlu, the GM, actually improve this team? I would think that 1 of the top 3 free agents (AND re-signing Roy) would help here....obviously you think that is incorrect. What would you do? (I'm really not being confrontational, just real curious)

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I think a lot of cap space teams have their money tied up at the moment.

If/when they miss out on their primary targets, they'll turn their attention to guys like Mayo. It's early yet in the process.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    Just curious.....you don't want a 2 time MVP nor an up and coming scoring guard, all the while saying that we aren't as good as we appear and just overachieved last year. I have only seen you advocate signing Roy and adding "depth". How would OlBlu, the GM, actually improve this team? I would think that 1 of the top 3 free agents (AND re-signing Roy) would help here....obviously you think that is incorrect. What would you do? (I'm really not being confrontational, just real curious)
    I don't not want an approaching forty year old 2 tie MVP who must play on a running team to be successful for the Pacers. I have respect for him but he is not right for an upcoming team. Now, if he was the one piece you needed to make a championship run, that might be different but no, I want them to concentrate on defense and using all of the players on the team. I would take some players for a max but not Gordon who is way to injury prone for my taste and really hasn't proven anything because of those injuries. I would keep shoring up the depth like they are doing and resigning Roy and Hill was the priority and it should be. I would be looking to trade Granger if something really good (not Gordon) comes up. I would keep PG because he still has lots of upside and may be Granger's eventual replacement. If I took a chance on a player with big time injury problems, it would be Oden at a low rate to allow him to rehab and be paid for it and stick him on the end of our roster and let him attend games. That chance would be worth the reward. You are not going to get a big time free agent to come to Indiana and you might as well get used to it. Gordon would not have come here if Phoenix and Indiana had both offered him a max deal. This is not a place where big time players want to be. How many examples do you need before you understand that? If Indiana is ever going to compete and they may not, it will be as a balanced team with good players but no real stars that are well coached and play together well. They can have a really good season record by adding good depth but when it comes to the playoffs and everyone shortens those rotations and superstars play big minutes, the Pacers will not be able to compete unless they are very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Yep.

But we have to be able to get the ball into the post.
    At this point, we may just have David West playing in the post.

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That may be true. He's been linked to a ton of teams. But the most recent thing I saw from a day or 2 ago has the Nets, Celts, Pacers, and Suns. Well the Celts got Terry and likely Allen, Nets don't have any cap room after getting JJ, Suns just got Gordon (potentially).....which leaves us.

He was also linked to a ton of other teams: Houston (signed Asik and possibly Lin, not sure what kind of $ they have left), Minny (signed Batum though), Lakers, Knicks (neither have the cap space to give what he wants).

We may be the last team standing that offers both a winning team and money he wants. So...I'd expect to hear we're meeting with him in the coming days.
    IMO, Mayo and Granger would be absolutely perfect next to one another. Mayo has gobs of untapped potentially, and I personally would not like to see him realize that anywhere but here, especially if the contract is nice.

The Mayo news has been really quiet. I know he said he doesn't want mid-level deals, so he wasn't meeting with Boston...any other news out of his camp?
    or maybe he is just a role player, not a star. and needs to lower his asking price.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Looks like Dragic might not be going back to Houston.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...nce-linsanity/

In February, coach Kevin McHale said if the Rockets had known the sensation Jeremy Lin would become, they would “have cut half our team to keep him.”

Wednesday, the Rockets hope to get him back without giving up anyone.

The Rockets will meet with Lin, who was in their training camp for 12 days before he was waived and eventually picked up by the New York Knicks, on Wednesday in Houston, a person with knowledge of the plans said.

Getting him back won’t be easy, however.

The Rockets will have to persuade Lin, a restricted free-agent guard, to accept a contract similar to the deal Goran Dragic turned down Monday. If Lin agrees to the Rockets’ offer sheet, they then must hope the way the deal is structured will keep the Knicks from matching an offer to keep him.

The Rockets stepped up their pursuit of Lin after they were unable to come to an agreement with Dragic. The sides were so far apart on contract proposals that the meeting Monday ended with the Rockets ready to move on, a person with knowledge of the process said.

“Goran’s not coming back,” he said. “It’s just not happening.”

The Rockets appear likely to move on from their other starting guard at the end of the season.

They withdrew their qualifying offer to Courtney Lee, allowing him to be an unrestricted free agent. Had Lee accepted the $4.3 million deal on the table, the Rockets would have been unable to make the free-agent offers to Lin and Chicago Bulls center Omer Asik. They will be unable to match offers Lee receives but will retain their Bird rights to him to exceed the salary cap to sign him.

The Rockets’ foremost hope was to land New Orleans Hornets restricted free agent Eric Gordon, who met with the Rockets on Sunday. But Gordon reached a four-year, $58 million agreement with Phoenix on Tuesday.
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 07-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I don't not want an approaching forty year old 2 tie MVP who must play on a running team to be successful for the Pacers. I have respect for him but he is not right for an upcoming team. Now, if he was the one piece you needed to make a championship run, that might be different but no, I want them to concentrate on defense and using all of the players on the team. I would take some players for a max but not Gordon who is way to injury prone for my taste and really hasn't proven anything because of those injuries. I would keep shoring up the depth like they are doing and resigning Roy and Hill was the priority and it should be. I would be looking to trade Granger if something really good (not Gordon) comes up. I would keep PG because he still has lots of upside and may be Granger's eventual replacement. If I took a chance on a player with big time injury problems, it would be Oden at a low rate to allow him to rehab and be paid for it and stick him on the end of our roster and let him attend games. That chance would be worth the reward. You are not going to get a big time free agent to come to Indiana and you might as well get used to it. Gordon would not have come here if Phoenix and Indiana had both offered him a max deal. This is not a place where big time players want to be. How many examples do you need before you understand that? If Indiana is ever going to compete and they may not, it will be as a balanced team with good players but no real stars that are well coached and play together well. They can have a really good season record by adding good depth but when it comes to the playoffs and everyone shortens those rotations and superstars play big minutes, the Pacers will not be able to compete unless they are very lucky.
    A bit pessimistic, but a valid response nevertheless. Thanks.

Mood

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    The Knicks have emerged as frontrunners to land Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

Sweet, now the Knicks can have 3 ball-dominant players.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    or maybe he is just a role player, not a star. and needs to lower his asking price.
    Mayo is not a role player! if thats what u think he is i hope he doesnt come here. he needs a chance to show what he can do

RLeWorm

holy crap our FO has done nothing so far!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Nash getting 9-10 mil? Why can't we match that!?!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    The Knicks have emerged as frontrunners to land Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

Sweet, now the Knicks can have 3 ball-dominant players.
    If you think this hurts the knicks, you're crazy.

re-unite Nash and amare? That has NEVER been a bad thing.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Because he has no interest in coming here. IIRC, he even has a place in SOHO.

Mood

We will have to wait and see. Re-unite Nash and Amare, yes. Add Melo and Woodson into the equation, I don't know. BTW, being crazy isn't always a bad thing.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    Nash getting 9-10 mil? Why can't we match that!?!
    Because we shouldn't because he is old and he won't come here if we offer $12 million. That is NY. He has a home there. People want to play there. Tornonto offered more and he apparently is not going there either......