Page 56 of 178 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1376
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless it's a REALLY cheap deal, I'd rather just move forward with D.Jones as opposed to signing Delfino. The only thing that intrigues me about him is his 3pt shooting.
    If that's all he really offers, I'll keep Dahntay. He made tremendous strides in his 3pt shooting last year.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  3. #1377

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Gerald Green off the bench would be huge for us. He did a complete 180 in terms of maturity, he hits shots, he's athletic as it gets.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  5. #1378

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green off the bench would be huge for us. He did a complete 180 in terms of maturity, he hits shots, he's athletic as it gets.
    I agree. I think he would be an excellent backup to Paul and Danny. He might even continue to improve enough to become a starter on a quality team too.

  6. #1379
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to double post, I'm so excited about this possiblity, it can't be possible, anyone, anyone?
    Yes, of course. It would require some other player movement, however. I talked about it on another thread:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1470925

    The bottom line is that I believe you can use the Bird exceptions on Hibbert and Hill to go past the salary cap, but to stay below the lux tax, we'd have to lose around 3-4million in salary. This is what makes the S&T a more viable model, unless the FO has some sort of smaller series of trades in place to move Hansbrough, DJ, or both.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  8. #1380
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, of course. It would require some other player movement, however. I talked about it on another thread:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1470925

    The bottom line is that I believe you can use the Bird exceptions on Hibbert and Hill to go past the salary cap, but to stay below the lux tax, we'd have to lose around 3-4million in salary. This is what makes the S&T a more viable model, unless the FO has some sort of smaller series of trades in place to move Hansbrough, DJ, or both.
    I can only hope.
    Grown Man Ball

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  10. #1381
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Timing wise, can you sign EJ to an offer sheet and still have time to match Roy, if NO matches for EJ?

    I intrigued myself with this question. If you can, they should, imo.
    I think so, just tell Roy you will match and tell him to delay his signing for a day or two, get EJ to sign immediately on the 11th. That should give us enough time to lock up Gordon.
    Obviously if Roy wants to be in Indiana with added talent he will have no problem delaying.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have up until the trade deadline to get under the Luxury Tax before you pay right? So Pacers could start season with Gordon and Hibbert on max deals and then unload Hansbrough and Jones or DC along the way.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 07-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. #1382

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    OT: anyone else get a chuckle about Lamar Odom making himself "unavailable" for the Olympic team?

    LOL.

    I am unavailable too. So is Troy Murphy.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  13. #1383
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I think the best case scenario of the off-season is that we head into the season with Chris Kaman and Brandon Roy while matching Roy Hibbert. We have Darren Collison, Miles Plumlee, Tyler Hansbrough, and our first round pick as trade pieces for an upgrade at the point guard spot around the deadline if George Hill hasn't made big time strides.

    Hill/Collison
    George/Roy/Stephenson or Johnson
    Granger/Roy/Jones
    West/Kaman/Hansbrough
    Roy/Kaman/Plumlee

    Sounds very good to me. We just reaaaaaaaaaally need to match Hibbert.

  14. #1384
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OT: anyone else get a chuckle about Lamar Odom making himself "unavailable" for the Olympic team?

    LOL.

    I am unavailable too. So is Troy Murphy.
    he looks great in that setting though. if he's in shape and cares, he's one of the most scary US bigs. I'm less scared of a Blake Griffin or Aldridge.

  15. #1385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OT: anyone else get a chuckle about Lamar Odom making himself "unavailable" for the Olympic team?

    LOL.

    I am unavailable too. So is Troy Murphy.
    Odom was better on his worst day that Troy Murphy ever was on his best. They really liked him on that national team. He can defend, handle the ball, rebound and shoot well. What is not to like? He had a rough year personally last year. I look for a big comeback in LA....

  16. #1386
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OT: anyone else get a chuckle about Lamar Odom making himself "unavailable" for the Olympic team?

    LOL.

    I am unavailable too. So is Troy Murphy.
    Not really. He was invited to try out because of playing so well on the World Basketball Championship team. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you and Troy Murphy didn't receive an invite.

  17. #1387
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think so, just tell Roy you will match and tell him to delay his signing for a day or two, get EJ to sign immediately on the 11th. That should give us enough time to lock up Gordon.
    Obviously if Roy wants to be in Indiana with added talent he will have no problem delaying.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have up until the trade deadline to get under the Luxury Tax before you pay right? So Pacers could start season with Gordon and Hibbert on max deals and then unload Hansbrough and Jones or DC along the way.
    What happens when New Orleans matches though? I know people want Gordon, but that's the elephant in the room that stops him from ever becoming a Pacer at the moment.

  18. #1388
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Alex Kennedy: Houston offered Goran Dragic $8 million per year, but he wants $10 million. Now, Rockets may be willing to make same offer to Jeremy Lin
    Alex Kennedy: Jeremy Lin to meet with the Rockets tomorrow. Houston may make three-year "poison pill" offer that pays Lin $5 mil, $5.2 mil and $13.8 mil
    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zbSXLRwX

  19. #1389
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    So in 3 years the Rockets would be spending almost half the salary cap on Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. Daryl Morey, genius!

  20. #1390
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,120

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So in 3 years the Rockets would be spending almost half the salary cap on Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. Daryl Morey, genius!
    The funny thing is...he actually might be a genius, or damn close to it. His basketball maneuverings suggest otherwise though

  21. #1391
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Deron Williams will re-sign with Brooklyn

  22. #1392

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron Williams will re-sign with Brooklyn
    yep he just announced it on twitter

  23. #1393

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Deron Williams has reached agreement on a 5 year, $100 million extension with Brooklyn, a league source tells Y! Sports.

  24. #1394
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yep he just announced it on twitter
    Can some dominoes start falling now?

  25. #1395
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Not a big surprise.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  27. #1396

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can some dominoes start falling now?
    lets hope...

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  29. #1397
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,570

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can some dominoes start falling now?
    Not until Nash decides to go to Toronto and EJ returns to NOLA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. #1398

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    i find it cool the he announced it on twitter b4 any1 could break the story.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  32. #1399
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i find it cool the he announced it on twitter b4 any1 could break the story.
    I love when people do that. Makes it very personal.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  33. #1400
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    We're overlooking the REAL Nets news of the day.

    They got Reggie Evans for a future 2nd rounder that's heavily protected.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •