Page 55 of 178 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1351
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow! Teams out there are really trying to mix it up and break up the talent on these top tier teams. Looks like the are identifying those players who make the unsung contribution. Always been impressed with Landry Fields for the past couple of seasons.
    They did it to screw the Knicks. Now the Knicks either sign Fields and lose Nash because of cap restrictions, or they let Fields walk and lose Nash because Fields was really the only good S&T option. Suck it, NY.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.
    I assume the deal would be more contingent on Bynum signing an extension. No freaking way Orlando risks going through this again next season when Bynum is a FA.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  3. #1352
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thanks for this. can you post the rest of the article?
    Article inside spoiler (so it doesn't make this thread obscenely long to scroll through )
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  5. #1353
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Devin Harris is good.
    He's a stop gap solution that has an expiring contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #1354
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @IAMAGM: Clippers offering Jamal Crawford $5 million per for three years, Chauncey Billups $4 million per for one year http://t.co/2Dt37emn
    I'd offer Billups $5 mil per year for 3 years if all else fails.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #1355
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't have the article in front of me, but I saw last night Camby has his six teams he is choosing from, and the Pacers are not one of them. So he's not coming here most likely.
    Its the Super Teams that his list is narrowed down to.....the one that can pay him $3 mil per season for the next 3 seasons will get him. If all fails...he has ZERO problem going back to Houston ( where he lives ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #1356
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,801

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They did it to screw the Knicks. Now the Knicks either sign Fields and lose Nash because of cap restrictions, or they let Fields walk and lose Nash because Fields was really the only good S&T option. Suck it, NY.
    Toronto is seriously bloody-minded in going after Nash. Making a $20m contract offer for a player you don't really need in order to take out one of your rivals, wow. I mean, Nash could decide to go to the Mavs after all and Toronto would still be stuck with that contract.

  9. #1357
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

    Free agent guard Gerald Green and center Ian Mahinmi are expected to meet with the Pacers at some point in the coming days.
    Mahinmi is the reason why I did not want to draft a Backup Center. IMHO, it is pointless to get a backup Center....THAT IS THE MAIN REASON why I thought that the Pacers drafted FOR NEED as opposed to drafting the BPA. At the start of the season, Miles better be average a consistent 10-15 mpg as the Backup Center...or I'm going to be P*SSED.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #1358
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,154

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...Gordon can get the money he wants -- and the ball whenever he wants -- in the Big Easy.
    Yeah, sure thing. Try telling Austin Rivers he has to give up the ball to Gordon "whenever he wants" it. Rivers is far too selfish for that.

  11. #1359
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

    Jamal Crawford and the Pacers coming together is a long shot, but Indy has legitimate interest in Carlos Delfino.
    I'm okay with Delfino as a rotational SF...he's pretty solid and versatile.

    But you have to wonder where the Capspace is going to come from. I'm beginning to think that Hibbert is bye-bye with Kaman replacing him at ( hopefully ) $10 mil a year
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #1360

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation


    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. #1361

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    Two GM's with interest in Eric Gordon say they have no sense yet if New Orleans will match a max offer.

  14. #1362
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Is it just me or does Delfino epitomize mediocrity?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  16. #1363
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,220
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    Two GM's with interest in Eric Gordon say they have no sense yet if New Orleans will match a max offer.
    Interesting. From all knowledge of basketball I have they will, but you never know.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #1364
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,060

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. From all knowledge of basketball I have they will, but you never know.
    Anything can happen. I thought we'd for sure match Hibbert, but look at what that's turned into.

  18. #1365
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Unless it's a REALLY cheap deal, I'd rather just move forward with D.Jones as opposed to signing Delfino. The only thing that intrigues me about him is his 3pt shooting.

  19. #1366
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,220
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd offer Billups $5 mil per year for 3 years if all else fails.
    With all of the talk of Nash or Williams, I forgot about Billups. He still has a lot left in the tank and is better than DC/Hill.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. #1367
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,554
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If the Knicks lose Landry Fields, I could see them taking Dhantay Jones off the Pacers for cap space, it might be enough cap space to do some more things.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  21. #1368

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With all of the talk of Nash or Williams, I forgot about Billups. He still has a lot left in the tank and is better than DC/Hill.
    Yes, if Billups is healthy and recovered I would love to have him. Great leader, champion, and reliable from the perimeter.

  22. #1369
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtics are in final discussions on terms of a multi-year deal with Mavericks free agent guard Jason Terry, sources tells Yahoo! Sports.
    Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 3, 2012
    How can the Celtics sign Terry... crazy. Great pick up, imo.

  23. #1370

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With all of the talk of Nash or Williams, I forgot about Billups. He still has a lot left in the tank and is better than DC/Hill.
    That's crazy talk. Billups is done.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ensergio For This Useful Post:


  25. #1371
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Timing wise, can you sign EJ to an offer sheet and still have time to match Roy, if NO matches for EJ?

    I intrigued myself with this question. If you can, they should, imo.
    Last edited by Speed; 07-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.

  26. #1372
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm going to double post, I'm so excited about this possiblity, it can't be possible, anyone, anyone?

  27. #1373
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ensergio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's crazy talk. Billups is done.
    Agree don't think he really brings us to the next level. And seems too slow to defend these fast pg's. Nowadays.

  28. #1374

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Timing wise, can you sign EJ to an offer sheet and still have time to match Roy, if NO matches for EJ?

    I intrigued myself with this question. If you can, they should, imo.
    Yes, if you can get Roy to agree to wait to sign his sheet.

  29. #1375
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,991

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please god make this happen so we can finally stop talking about this clown, thank you.
    I hope it happens too, and for the same reason, but the media will just find some other subject to beat to death.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •