Page 54 of 178 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1326

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I didn't see Green much last year. How is his defense? He is incredibly athletic, so a 2/3 rotation of Paul, Danny, and Gerald Green (with occasional doses of Dahntay) could give amazing wing D, if Gerald were committed to it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  2. #1327
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green and Paul George

    Lob City 2.0
    Except when it comes to dunking, PG>Griffin. BG's "best dunk of the year" over Perkins wasn't even a dunk, it was a layup, he didn't even touch the rim
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. #1328
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

    Jamal Crawford and the Pacers coming together is a long shot, but Indy has legitimate interest in Carlos Delfino.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweeted
    Favorite
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  5. #1329
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked Wells the same question let's see if he answer the question.
    Bird has moved on. He'l be in charge of another team after his operation. One that will spend, and not the way Herb wants.

  6. #1330
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I wonder what the going rate for Green is? If you resign Roy and can get Green for 2 years 7 million, I'd consider that a very good offseason. One thing I don't think we can rule out in all of this craziness... KP is beating the bushes for trades too. Impossible to know what your team is looking like to know what you need. If they aren't matching Roy and the whole "grow together" plan is falling apart, does that make everyone fair game, now?

  7. #1331
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

    Jamal Crawford and the Pacers coming together is a long shot, but Indy has legitimate interest in Carlos Delfino.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweeted
    Favorite
    Really, Delfino.... not my favorite at all. I always felt like Danny and Paul just beat him like a drum. If you face Miami again in the playoffs and thought Barbosa got worked by DWade, just watch how big his eyes get if he sees Delfino in Blue and Gold.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  9. #1332
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird has moved on. He'l be in charge of another team after his operation. One that will spend, and not the way Herb wants.
    Its a legit question though, Bird loved Kaman and Gerald Green, both come in for a look-see.

  10. #1333

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Just going up online and via SportsCenter: Raptors and Knicks' RFA Landry Fields have agreed to three-year offer sheet

  11. #1334
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except when it comes to dunking, PG>Griffin. BG's "best dunk of the year" over Perkins wasn't even a dunk, it was a layup, he didn't even touch the rim
    Nope it was a dunk and he did touch the rim, go back and look at it.
    Why so SERIOUS

  12. #1335
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Pacers looking at more 2's because you can easily slide George over to SF. So baring a miracle deal that nets us Gordon. You'll see an OJ Mayo/Green come off the bench to play some series with Granger, George then comes back and subs out Granger. Granger comes back in to sub out Mayo/Green and it resets.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  13. #1336
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

    Free agent guard Gerald Green and center Ian Mahinmi are expected to meet with the Pacers at some point in the coming days.
    Gerald Green! The guy we passed on in 2005 in favor of Danny Granger. Interesting

    I'd consider him more of a SF as well.

  14. #1337

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation




  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  16. #1338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation



    @ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million

  17. #1339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Dunk of the year if you ask me.

  18. #1340
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    @ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million
    Wow! Teams out there are really trying to mix it up and break up the talent on these top tier teams. Looks like the are identifying those players who make the unsung contribution. Always been impressed with Landry Fields for the past couple of seasons.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  19. #1341

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  21. #1342

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    LANDRY FIELDS is going to get 6-7 mil a year!? On that scale we should pay Roy about 20 mil. Craziness.

  22. #1343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.
    Please god make this happen so we can finally stop talking about this clown, thank you.

  23. #1344
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.
    You have to admire the Lakers, for a top market team they are such a complete opposite of the Knicks when it comes to trading.
    The Knicks would've said 'screw it, we can amnesty Artest anytime, lets offer them Bynum and Gasol for Dwight, Turkoglu and all the picks we have, we'll figure things out later'.
    The Lakers on the other hand keep pushing the Magic into corner. They know Bynum is the best thing the Magic could get in any Dwight trade. And I bet they will end up getting him AND saving everything -- cap, amnesty, picks.

  24. #1345
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.
    Interesting. It would be nice to see Howard leave the East, but I'd rather not see him in purple and gold either. I was looking forward to the downfall of the Lakers.

  25. #1346
    Member Jrod Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Interesting points in an article today on ESPN Insider "Best fits for remaining FA"

    SG Eric Gordon (restricted)

    Best fit: New Orleans Hornets
    Next-best: Indiana Pacers
    The dark horse: Phoenix Suns

    Don't let New Orleans' selection of Austin Rivers fool you -- the shooting guard spot has Gordon's name on it. Gordon and Anthony Davis could be one of the top young duos going forward, but don't expect the Hornets to be the only one calling.

    Along with James Harden, Gordon is one of the league's best young wing players and could possibly see a near max-contract offer from Indiana, his home state. But Gordon is a restricted free agent so the Hornets can match any offer sent his way. And all indications are that they will. Gordon can get the money he wants -- and the ball whenever he wants -- in the Big Easy.

    PG Steve Nash

    Best fit: Indiana Pacers
    Next-best: Toronto Raptors
    The dark horse: Dallas Mavericks

    As our own John Hollinger pointed out, an Indiana-Nash partnership makes all the sense in the world from a basketball standpoint. They're on the cusp of championship contention, they have the cap space to offer him a $10 million-plus, three-year deal, and they have an open slot at point guard to boot (George Hill can slide to the 2 if needed).

    Alas, when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The city of Indianapolis probably won't lure any top free agents until it moves to a coast. Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer out to Nash, even if it can't offer a shot at a title.

    C Roy Hibbert (restricted)

    Best fit: Indiana Pacers
    Next-best: Portland Trail Blazers
    The dark horse: Cleveland Cavaliers

    So, with the Trail Blazers reportedly throwing the max at Hibbert, the question becomes, will Indiana match it? They should if they plan on capitalizing on their meteoric rise in recent years.

    Hibbert led the Pacers by taking huge strides in his efficiency and rebounding numbers while providing a nice complement to David West's inside-out game. While the Blazers can build a towering front line with Hibbert and LaMarcus Aldridge, the Pacers offer more certainty on next season's roster and likely more W's.

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:


  27. #1347
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. It would be nice to see Howard leave the East, but I'd rather not see him in purple and gold either. I was looking forward to the downfall of the Lakers.
    I actually prefer Howard going to a team I'm used to getting whatever it wants.

  28. #1348
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please god make this happen so we can finally stop talking about this clown, thank you.
    i wouldn't expect the chatter to stop once he's in LA, playing alongside Kobe and battling Blake/CP3 and Thunder every month..

  29. #1349

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to admire the Lakers, for a top market team they are such a complete opposite of the Knicks when it comes to trading.
    The Knicks would've said 'screw it, we can amnesty Artest anytime, lets offer them Bynum and Gasol for Dwight, Turkoglu and all the picks we have, we'll figure things out later'.
    The Lakers on the other hand keep pushing the Magic into corner. They know Bynum is the best thing the Magic could get in any Dwight trade. And I bet they will end up getting him AND saving everything -- cap, amnesty, picks.
    The Lakers also have their own future to consider. Trading Bynum for Howard won't be worth it if Howard leaves after one season. I think there's a real danger with that too. It doesn't matter how well the Lakers would do with Howard. At the end of next season, he's going to look around and see a 34 year-old Kobe and a 32 year-old Pau surrounded by a lot of crap and realize that the Lakers would be rebuilding in the next few years. I don't think he wants to be a part of that, long-term.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  30. #1350
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting points in an article today on ESPN Insider "Best fits for remaining FA"

    SG Eric Gordon (restricted)

    Best fit: New Orleans Hornets
    Next-best: Indiana Pacers
    The dark horse: Phoenix Suns

    Don't let New Orleans' selection of Austin Rivers fool you -- the shooting guard spot has Gordon's name on it. Gordon and Anthony Davis could be one of the top young duos going forward, but don't expect the Hornets to be the only one calling.

    Along with James Harden, Gordon is one of the league's best young wing players and could possibly see a near max-contract offer from Indiana, his home state. But Gordon is a restricted free agent so the Hornets can match any offer sent his way. And all indications are that they will. Gordon can get the money he wants -- and the ball whenever he wants -- in the Big Easy.

    PG Steve Nash

    Best fit: Indiana Pacers
    Next-best: Toronto Raptors
    The dark horse: Dallas Mavericks

    As our own John Hollinger pointed out, an Indiana-Nash partnership makes all the sense in the world from a basketball standpoint. They're on the cusp of championship contention, they have the cap space to offer him a $10 million-plus, three-year deal, and they have an open slot at point guard to boot (George Hill can slide to the 2 if needed).

    Alas, when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The city of Indianapolis probably won't lure any top free agents until it moves to a coast. Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer out to Nash, even if it can't offer a shot at a title.

    C Roy Hibbert (restricted)

    Best fit: Indiana Pacers
    Next-best: Portland Trail Blazers
    The dark horse: Cleveland Cavaliers

    So, with the Trail Blazers reportedly throwing the max at Hibbert, the question becomes, will Indiana match it? They should if they plan on capitalizing on their meteoric rise in recent years.

    Hibbert led the Pacers by taking huge strides in his efficiency and rebounding numbers while providing a nice complement to David West's inside-out game. While the Blazers can build a towering front line with Hibbert and LaMarcus Aldridge, the Pacers offer more certainty on next season's roster and likely more W's.
    thanks for this. can you post the rest of the article?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •