Page 54 of 178 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

I didn't see Green much last year. How is his defense? He is incredibly athletic, so a 2/3 rotation of Paul, Danny, and Gerald Green (with occasional doses of Dahntay) could give amazing wing D, if Gerald were committed to it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green and Paul George

Lob City 2.0
    Except when it comes to dunking, PG>Griffin. BG's "best dunk of the year" over Perkins wasn't even a dunk, it was a layup, he didn't even touch the rim
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

Jamal Crawford and the Pacers coming together is a long shot, but Indy has legitimate interest in Carlos Delfino.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I asked Wells the same question let's see if he answer the question.
    Bird has moved on. He'l be in charge of another team after his operation. One that will spend, and not the way Herb wants.

I wonder what the going rate for Green is? If you resign Roy and can get Green for 2 years 7 million, I'd consider that a very good offseason. One thing I don't think we can rule out in all of this craziness... KP is beating the bushes for trades too. Impossible to know what your team is looking like to know what you need. If they aren't matching Roy and the whole "grow together" plan is falling apart, does that make everyone fair game, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Jamal Crawford and the Pacers coming together is a long shot, but Indy has legitimate interest in Carlos Delfino.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite
    Really, Delfino.... not my favorite at all. I always felt like Danny and Paul just beat him like a drum. If you face Miami again in the playoffs and thought Barbosa got worked by DWade, just watch how big his eyes get if he sees Delfino in Blue and Gold.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Bird has moved on. He'l be in charge of another team after his operation. One that will spend, and not the way Herb wants.
    Its a legit question though, Bird loved Kaman and Gerald Green, both come in for a look-see.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Just going up online and via SportsCenter: Raptors and Knicks' RFA Landry Fields have agreed to three-year offer sheet

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    Except when it comes to dunking, PG>Griffin. BG's "best dunk of the year" over Perkins wasn't even a dunk, it was a layup, he didn't even touch the rim
    Nope it was a dunk and he did touch the rim, go back and look at it.
    Why so SERIOUS

Pacers looking at more 2's because you can easily slide George over to SF. So baring a miracle deal that nets us Gordon. You'll see an OJ Mayo/Green come off the bench to play some series with Granger, George then comes back and subs out Granger. Granger comes back in to sub out Mayo/Green and it resets.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post

Free agent guard Gerald Green and center Ian Mahinmi are expected to meet with the Pacers at some point in the coming days.
    Gerald Green! The guy we passed on in 2005 in favor of Danny Granger. Interesting

I'd consider him more of a SF as well.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Banned

@ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post

Dunk of the year if you ask me.

@ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million
    Wow! Teams out there are really trying to mix it up and break up the talent on these top tier teams. Looks like the are identifying those players who make the unsung contribution. Always been impressed with Landry Fields for the past couple of seasons.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

LANDRY FIELDS is going to get 6-7 mil a year!? On that scale we should pay Roy about 20 mil. Craziness.

Banned

RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.
    Please god make this happen so we can finally stop talking about this clown, thank you.

You have to admire the Lakers, for a top market team they are such a complete opposite of the Knicks when it comes to trading.
    The Knicks would've said 'screw it, we can amnesty Artest anytime, lets offer them Bynum and Gasol for Dwight, Turkoglu and all the picks we have, we'll figure things out later'.
    The Lakers on the other hand keep pushing the Magic into corner. They know Bynum is the best thing the Magic could get in any Dwight trade. And I bet they will end up getting him AND saving everything -- cap, amnesty, picks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting. It would be nice to see Howard leave the East, but I'd rather not see him in purple and gold either. I was looking forward to the downfall of the Lakers.

Interesting points in an article today on ESPN Insider "Best fits for remaining FA"

SG Eric Gordon (restricted)

Best fit: New Orleans Hornets
    Next-best: Indiana Pacers
    The dark horse: Phoenix Suns

Don't let New Orleans' selection of Austin Rivers fool you -- the shooting guard spot has Gordon's name on it. Gordon and Anthony Davis could be one of the top young duos going forward, but don't expect the Hornets to be the only one calling.

Along with James Harden, Gordon is one of the league's best young wing players and could possibly see a near max-contract offer from Indiana, his home state. But Gordon is a restricted free agent so the Hornets can match any offer sent his way. And all indications are that they will. Gordon can get the money he wants -- and the ball whenever he wants -- in the Big Easy.

PG Steve Nash

Best fit: Indiana Pacers
    Next-best: Toronto Raptors
    The dark horse: Dallas Mavericks

As our own John Hollinger pointed out, an Indiana-Nash partnership makes all the sense in the world from a basketball standpoint. They're on the cusp of championship contention, they have the cap space to offer him a $10 million-plus, three-year deal, and they have an open slot at point guard to boot (George Hill can slide to the 2 if needed).

Alas, when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The city of Indianapolis probably won't lure any top free agents until it moves to a coast. Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer out to Nash, even if it can't offer a shot at a title.

C Roy Hibbert (restricted)

Next-best: Portland Trail Blazers
    The dark horse: Cleveland Cavaliers

So, with the Trail Blazers reportedly throwing the max at Hibbert, the question becomes, will Indiana match it? They should if they plan on capitalizing on their meteoric rise in recent years.

Hibbert led the Pacers by taking huge strides in his efficiency and rebounding numbers while providing a nice complement to David West's inside-out game. While the Blazers can build a towering front line with Hibbert and LaMarcus Aldridge, the Pacers offer more certainty on next season's roster and likely more W's.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Interesting. It would be nice to see Howard leave the East, but I'd rather not see him in purple and gold either. I was looking forward to the downfall of the Lakers.
    I actually prefer Howard going to a team I'm used to getting whatever it wants.

Please god make this happen so we can finally stop talking about this clown, thank you.
    i wouldn't expect the chatter to stop once he's in LA, playing alongside Kobe and battling Blake/CP3 and Thunder every month..

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    You have to admire the Lakers, for a top market team they are such a complete opposite of the Knicks when it comes to trading.
    The Knicks would've said 'screw it, we can amnesty Artest anytime, lets offer them Bynum and Gasol for Dwight, Turkoglu and all the picks we have, we'll figure things out later'.
    The Lakers on the other hand keep pushing the Magic into corner. They know Bynum is the best thing the Magic could get in any Dwight trade. And I bet they will end up getting him AND saving everything -- cap, amnesty, picks.
    The Lakers also have their own future to consider. Trading Bynum for Howard won't be worth it if Howard leaves after one season. I think there's a real danger with that too. It doesn't matter how well the Lakers would do with Howard. At the end of next season, he's going to look around and see a 34 year-old Kobe and a 32 year-old Pau surrounded by a lot of crap and realize that the Lakers would be rebuilding in the next few years. I don't think he wants to be a part of that, long-term.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    Interesting points in an article today on ESPN Insider "Best fits for remaining FA"

SG Eric Gordon (restricted)

Best fit: New Orleans Hornets
    Next-best: Indiana Pacers
    The dark horse: Phoenix Suns

Don't let New Orleans' selection of Austin Rivers fool you -- the shooting guard spot has Gordon's name on it. Gordon and Anthony Davis could be one of the top young duos going forward, but don't expect the Hornets to be the only one calling.

Along with James Harden, Gordon is one of the league's best young wing players and could possibly see a near max-contract offer from Indiana, his home state. But Gordon is a restricted free agent so the Hornets can match any offer sent his way. And all indications are that they will. Gordon can get the money he wants -- and the ball whenever he wants -- in the Big Easy.

PG Steve Nash

Next-best: Toronto Raptors
    The dark horse: Dallas Mavericks

As our own John Hollinger pointed out, an Indiana-Nash partnership makes all the sense in the world from a basketball standpoint. They're on the cusp of championship contention, they have the cap space to offer him a $10 million-plus, three-year deal, and they have an open slot at point guard to boot (George Hill can slide to the 2 if needed).

Alas, when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The city of Indianapolis probably won't lure any top free agents until it moves to a coast. Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer out to Nash, even if it can't offer a shot at a title.

C Roy Hibbert (restricted)

Next-best: Portland Trail Blazers
    The dark horse: Cleveland Cavaliers

So, with the Trail Blazers reportedly throwing the max at Hibbert, the question becomes, will Indiana match it? They should if they plan on capitalizing on their meteoric rise in recent years.

Hibbert led the Pacers by taking huge strides in his efficiency and rebounding numbers while providing a nice complement to David West's inside-out game. While the Blazers can build a towering front line with Hibbert and LaMarcus Aldridge, the Pacers offer more certainty on next season's roster and likely more W's.
    thanks for this. can you post the rest of the article?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05