Page 50 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1226
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They can keep them based on Bird rights alone so it doesn't matter if its a trade expection.
    they wouldn't be able to keep Bird rights unless they do that deal via trade exception.

  2. #1227
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    That Russian guy will give up on Dwight. He seems like a smart enough guy to not keep up with the BS.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. #1228
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    It seems that Dwight Howard has finally screwed himself. I'm really happy for him; couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:


  5. #1229
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,571

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Brandon Bass might be financially squeezed out in Boston (plus them adding Sullinger):

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

    Perhaps a sign and trade with us for Tyler or DC?
    If they are financially squeezed and can't add Bass's contract to the books....why would they take on Hansbrough's contract?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #1230
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    would u want Bass & Kamen or Roy? Is that a legit choice?

  7. #1231

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they are financially squeezed and can't add Bass's contract to the books....why would they take on Hansbrough's contract?
    bc it would cost them a lot less money..

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  9. #1232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Russian guy will give up on Dwight. He seems like a smart enough guy to not keep up with the BS.
    Not necessarily. Word is that the Nets will be keeping Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, and all of their future 1sts in the Joe Johnson deal, thus, they still have a somewhat decent package to offer Orlando.

  10. #1233
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Age
    23
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily. Word is that the Nets will be keeping Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, and all of their future 1sts in the Joe Johnson deal, thus, they still have a somewhat decent package to offer Orlando.
    They won't have the money for Dwight, too much wrapped up in Deron and Joe, plus the Nets are moving on, Dwight blew it with his opt in

  11. #1234
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily. Word is that the Nets will be keeping Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, and all of their future 1sts in the Joe Johnson deal, thus, they still have a somewhat decent package to offer Orlando.
    however, the key to their Dwight offer would've been their expirings/cap space. After the Johnson deal, they would have none of that. I doubt that Magic would care to take on Johnson or Gerald Wallace deals.

  12. #1235
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,571

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, and Gerald Wallace is a nice backcourt.
    Joe Johnson is owed $19 mil in 2012-2013.
    DWill will get something starting at $18+ mil
    Gerald Wallace is getting $10 mil in 2012-2013.

    That is $47 mil devoted to 3 Players.

    I assume that everyone else is going to be sent out to the Hawks to make the salaries work. How on earth are the Salaries going to work when they try to trade for Dwight?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #1236
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Age
    23
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Broussard: If Hawks-Nets deal goes through, Nets are no longer in race for Dwight Howard. Cap room for D12 will be gone.
    Nets, of course, would've preferred to get Dwight, but Magic refused to engage in trade talks. Source: 'They didn't want to dance with us.' Source on Nets moving on from possibility of getting Dwight: "Dwight blew it in March'' when he waived opt-out clause.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersFan1991 For This Useful Post:


  15. #1237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    So this means that the Hawks are in rebuilding mode? I would love to get my hands on JS.

    And also this is another example that untradeable contracts are a myth.

  16. #1238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    however, the key to their Dwight offer would've been their expirings/cap space. After the Johnson deal, they would have none of that. I doubt that Magic would care to take on Johnson or Gerald Wallace deals.
    I believe it's possible they could still re-sign Humphries to a large, one-year contract to be used as salary filler.

  17. #1239

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would u want Bass & Kamen or Roy? Is that a legit choice?
    I would wait one year for Nikola Pekovic. Sign Spencer Hawes and roll the dice on Nikola in 2013.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  19. #1240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would u want Bass & Kamen or Roy? Is that a legit choice?
    I was asking the same question but nobody wants to answer it it's a hard decision but if with 14mil I can get Bass/Kaman instead of Roy I think I rather have Kaman/Bass and of course we will have to move Tyler.

  20. #1241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this means that the Hawks are in rebuilding mode? I would love to get my hands on JS.

    And also this is another example that untradeable contracts are a myth.
    I was about ready to mention Josh Smith. If Smith was unhappy in Atlanta before, he must be extremely unhappy now, with Atlanta clearly taking a step backwards in terms of talent I hate the thought of losing Roy, but if we can somehow replace him with Josh Smith, I'd live with it.

    Are three-way sign-and-trades possible? Basically, Roy goes to Portland, Portland sends pieces to Atlanta, Atlanta sends Smith to Indy.

  21. #1242
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,982

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Brandon Bass might be financially squeezed out in Boston (plus them adding Sullinger):

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

    Perhaps a sign and trade with us for Tyler or DC?
    I would prefer to keep one of those guys around for a potential trade with Houston for Lowry together with a future first rounder going to them aswell and just try to sign a decent PF in FA. Just my
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. #1243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was about ready to mention Josh Smith. If Smith was unhappy in Atlanta before, he must be extremely unhappy now, with Atlanta clearly taking a step backwards in terms of talent I hate the thought of losing Roy, but if we can somehow replace him with Josh Smith, I'd live with it.

    Are three-way sign-and-trades possible? Basically, Roy goes to Portland, Portland sends pieces to Atlanta, Atlanta sends Smith to Indy.
    I rather re-sign Hibbert, get Nash and trade either Danny plus pieces or West plus pieces for Josh Smith, a lineup of Nash,PG,JS,West and Roy or Nash,PG,Danny,Josh Smith and Roy could do some damage, the second team could be so athletic.

  23. #1244
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe it's possible they could still re-sign Humphries to a large, one-year contract to be used as salary filler.
    it' an interesting idea. maybe. it would have to be a 3 year deal (minimum required for SnT) with only the 1st guaranteed at 16.5 mil. Humphries would be taking a pretty big risk though. he could probably get a deal in 4/40 range.
    but it's certainly fun to think about, that team if healthy would destroy everyone.
    Last edited by ballism; 07-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.

  24. #1245
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    27
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather re-sign Hibbert, get Nash and trade either Danny plus pieces or West plus pieces for Josh Smith, a lineup of Nash,PG,JS,West and Roy or Nash,PG,Danny,Josh Smith and Roy could do some damage, the second team could be so athletic.
    Smith is in the last year of his contract, right? Would we get Bird Rights with the trade? Because I find it hard to believe he's going to want anything less than what he currently makes to re-up. I'm just trying to figure how our cap would look like after that.


  25. #1246
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Did I miss the rule change where 2 basketballs will now be used in NBA games at the same time, it must be that for the nets to want Joe Johnson and Deron Williams on the same team.

  26. #1247
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,252

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would u want Bass & Kamen or Roy? Is that a legit choice?
    Roy all the way. Why not both Roy and Bass though? They're not mutually exclusive.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  28. #1248
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Yea, like how they need 2 basketballs in Miami for Wade and Lebron, or 2 in Oklahoma City for Westbrook and Durant...nothing wrong with having multiple high usage players...in fact every good team does.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  30. #1249
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, like how they need 2 basketballs in Miami for Wade and Lebron, or 2 in Oklahoma City for Westbrook and Durant...nothing wrong with having multiple high usage players...in fact every good team does.
    Well you see how that worked out for Miami and OKC, oh wait.

  31. #1250
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,571

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this means that the Hawks are in rebuilding mode? I would love to get my hands on JS.

    And also this is another example that untradeable contracts are a myth.
    We are beginning to see that this is true.

    The problem ( at least for me ) is that the Hawks got pennies on the dollar when it comes to value for a Borderline All Star Player. With the exception of the Rockets Lottery Protected 1st Round pick....it was pretty much a Salary Dump for Players that don't really help the Hawks other than clearing Capspace for the near future.

    EDIT - Given that Ferry is trying to rebuild and dumping everyone but Horford and Teague....I guess this makes sense. I just see this as a "pennies on the dollar" type of trade that no Team should ever make. But I guess this is what happens when you make a MAX extension offer to a Borderline All-Star ( Joe Johnson is owed $19 to 24 mil per season until the 2015-2016 season ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-02-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •