Page 47 of 178 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

I wouldn't mind getting Swaggy Young because I think he's hilarious and played well in the playoffs. He's still low on my list of shooting guards, below Roy and Mayo.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

without wanting to pee in anyone's soup. There are certainly a large number of trade/signing 'rumours' that are floated by agents to help inflate their client's price. Pacers have significant cap space and as such are a plausible 'interested' party when agents tell journalists; 'You wouldnt believe this but every single team with cap space has made a call for jermaine taylor'.

No doubt KP is aggressive but part of me suspects some of our rumoured interest is just column inches for journalists and contract stuffing for agents.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KP is interested in everyone!\
    '
    love it.

we are interested but we better get some handshakes in during the next week or two or we are in trouble

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Did you guys see that Golden State isnt offering Steph Curry an extension. ? Would a Curry for Granger swap be possible?

Collison/Hill
    Curry/?
    George/Johnson
    West/Hans
    Plumlee/FML

This might make some people happy.

Clippers in Advanced Talks With Crawford
    By Alex Kennedy
    NBA Writer

The Los Angeles Clippers are in advanced talks with unrestricted free agent Jamal Crawford, according to sources close to the situation.

The Clippers are aggressively pursuing Crawford, and are hoping to fly the 32-year-old guard out to Los Angeles later this week for a face-to-face meeting. No deal is imminent, but the talks are ongoing.

Crawford has also drawn interest from the Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ers and Indiana Pacers. All six teams contacted Crawford last night. Crawford opted out of the final year of his contract with the Portland Trail Blazers last Wednesday. Last season, Crawford averaged 14.0 points in 60 games with the Trail Blazers.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/clippers-i...-with-crawford

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:

It seems the lockout has really dampened spending.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher

Sources: Chris Kaman visits with Pacers tomorrow. Solid, affordable alternative to suddenly über-pricy Roy Hibbert.
    https://twitter.com/#!/RicBucher

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post
    I think is fair that they are looking for other options, they should look into trading for Varejao or Al Jefferson also.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think is fair that they are looking for other options, they should look into trading for Varejao or Al Jefferson also.
    Cavs wanted a lottery pick for Varejao on Thursday. Good luck.

Mood

I would love to see us go after Dragic if Nash says no. He is younger and would not cost us an arm and a leg. If we could get him, re-sign Roy and add another good piece without breaking up our core I would look at it as being a successful start to free agency for us. I think if we did acquire Dragic that would mean DC or Hill would have to go. I like DC but if it came down between the two as the back-up guard spots I would have to explore possible trades with DC and Tyler and a 1st rounder to get that dsead eye shooter to come off of the bench with a scorer's mentality. On the other hand if we make a big splash with a sign and trade to bring a top tier player in I think Danny or PG would be the players that anyone would want the most. If we could get Dragic and make a big splash like acquiring a player like EJ we would have a pretty stacked team. Could you just imagine a line-up that had Roy at the 5 spot, DW at the 4 spot, PG at the 3 spot, EJ at the 2 spot and Dragic at the 1 spot. I would hate to trade Danny but he is proibably at his highest trade value right now and could even land EJ and a rotational big man for Danny and Tyler/ DC and a draft pick then it one heck of a free agency period.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Actually, the one thing that I am TRULY amazed by is that there are A LOT of Teams that have decided to not make a Qualifying Offer to many potential RFAs....while seeing a greater than expected # of Quality Players not picking up their Player Options but deciding to hit the Free agent Market as a UFA.

Despite having some issues.....talented young Players like Beasley and Hickson didn't get a Qualifying Offer. Players like Brandon Bass and Jameer Nelson didn't pick up their Player Options.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...r&dlvrit=53297

The Lakers have made preliminary inquiries about free-agent small forwards Nick Young and Brandon Rush, The Times has learned.

Young, who finished last season with the Clippers and averaged 14.2 points — but only 9.7 in 22 games after his acquisition — on a disappointing 40% shooting from the field, is probably too expensive for the Lakers' spending limit of $3 million (the so-called mini mid-level exception).

Rush, who averaged nearly 10 points a game by shooting 50% from the field and 45% from three-point range, is a better possibility at that price range, but he's a restricted free agent, meaning Golden State can match any offer sheet he signs.

The Lakers also discussed the possibility of adding backup big man Louis Amundson.

When free agency began Saturday night, the Lakers immediately made contact with three of their own players without contracts: Ramon Sessions, Jordan Hill and Devin Ebanks.

The Lakers do not have to adhere to the $3-million cap for their own free agents, making it potentially easier to sign them.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting i wouldnt imagine they would offer Lou more the 2 mil

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Interesting i wouldnt imagine they would offer Lou more the 2 mil
    I seriously doubt that the Lakers would offer him that much.....probably the veterans Minimum.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whats with the Lakers wanting to sign former Pacers big men?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Broussard article about Jeremy Lin possibly not returning to Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...gn-sources-say

It has been a foregone conclusion for months that Jeremy Lin will re-sign with the New York Knicks, but sources close to the situation say the return of the free agent point guard is not as certain as it once seemed.

While both Lin and the Knicks are hoping for a reunion, sources say that if any clubs offer Lin, a restricted free agent, a backloaded contract that pays him an eight-figure salary in the third and fourth years, the Knicks could be given pause about matching the offer.

With the new collective bargaining agreement employing a more punitive luxury tax, beginning in the 2013-14 season, the Knicks are extremely concerned about the financial ramifications of such a deal.

Toronto is perhaps the only team that might consider offering Lin a backloaded contract, known as a "poison pill" deal. The Raptors are currently going all-out to sign Steve Nash. Toronto has offered Nash a three-year deal worth $36 million, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

But if Nash, who is also considering Phoenix, New York, Dallas and Brooklyn, rejects Toronto's offer, the Raptors may turn their attention toward Lin.

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million. But an opposing team can offer Lin a poison pill that could go as high as $40 million over four years. Such a contract would pay Lin $5 million in each of the first two years and then go as high as $15 million in each of the last two years.

Matching such a contract would give the Knicks four players -- Lin, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler -- making more than $14 million in the 2014-2015 season. Those four players alone would have a combined salary of $72 million, nearly $2 million above the luxury tax.

While it may be doubtful that a club goes as high as $15 million in a season for Lin, even if one offered Lin roughly $10 million in the third and fourth years of a contract, the Knicks would be cautious about matching, according to a source.

Toronto, Dallas and Brooklyn have all expressed interest in Lin, according to sources, though he is a backup plan for each of the clubs.

The Knicks have said they plan to let the market dictate Lin's value, so they have not offered him a contract yet. With the ability to match any offer he receives, they plan to wait and see what Lin commands as a free agent. They just hope he doesn't command too much.
    It did seem like a foregone conclusion he would be back with Knicks. I don't remember teams back-loading contracts like this or the Asik deal.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...because there was no point in it. The luxury tax was toothless until now.

And before anyone gets any ideas, the poison pill contracts are a double edged sword. For instance, if the pacers matched Hibbert and signed Jeremy Lin to a deal like that, it likely costs them Paul George in 3 years.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-02-2012 at 04:29 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

it's also extremely rare for a 2nd round/undrafted player to become worth that kind of money without having full Bird rights.
    That's the only case when such "backloading" is allowed.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ...because there was no point in it. The luxury tax was toothless until now.

And before anyone gets any ideas, the poison pill contracts are a double edged sword. For instance, if the pacers matched Hibbert and signed Jeremy Lin to a deal like that, it likely costs them Paul George in 3 years.
    Well, Granger's contract will be off by then as well. The Pacers can conceivably go forward with Hibbert, George, Lin as the future core. Not saying it's likely or even desirable, just that it's possible.

I don't buy NY not matching anyway. They still have their amnesty clause don't they? In 2 years' time, it won't be unthinkable to amnesty Amare's $23m expiring contract. That should give them plenty of room below the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Well, Granger's contract will be off by then as well. The Pacers can conceivably go forward with Hibbert, George, Lin as the future core. Not saying it's likely or even desirable, just that it's possible.

I don't buy NY not matching anyway. They still have their amnesty clause don't they? In 2 years' time, it won't be unthinkable to amnesty Amare's $23m expiring contract. That should give them plenty of room below the tax.
    they used it on Billups.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    they used it on Billups.
    D'oh

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    But no one has actually spent anything yet. It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out, and figuring out how much was truth and how much was BS.

Hey remember when everyone thought Danny Granger was overpaid? LOL. We got guys like Batum wanting 11-12 million per year, Dragic wants 10, Hibbert wants 13-14, EJ 13-14, Wallace gets 11.

Granger has been one of the best values in the league. He signed his deal averaging 25pts per game at 9-10 Million per year. Granger has average about 19 and 5 over the last 2 seasons. Based on his years in the league, if he was a FA this year we would probably garner more than he is currently making. He'd probably get 14-15 starting.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 07-02-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post

Good, I hope Chucker signs with them, so as to take him out of the Pacers thoughts.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: