Page 42 of 178 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1026
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight Howard wants to sue the Magic saying they blackmailed him into opting into next year.

    I'm dead serious.
    Holy ****ing Christ. Are you ******** me?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #1027

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy ****ing Christ. Are you ******** me?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-brooklyn-nets

    Howard picked up the option for the final year of his contract with Orlando on March 15. But since then, he has grown increasingly disgruntled with the organization, even telling people close to him that he feels the Magic blackmailed him into signing the "opt-in" clause.

    Howard shared his feelings of being blackmailed by the Magic with the NBA Players Association last week, sources said. He -- either himself or through his representatives -- approached the union wondering if he might have a legal complaint against the club.

    The goal of such a complaint would be to eliminate his "opt-in," thereby allowing Howard to become a free agent this summer.

    Sources said the union has no plans to pursue any such legal action against the Magic.
    This can't get any lower.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  4. #1028
    Child Of Scorn MnvrChvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight Howard wants to sue the Magic saying they blackmailed him into opting into next year.

    I'm dead serious.


    Where is this coming from?! Honestly that would let him leave as the victim rather than the villain... depending on how it played out.

  5. #1029

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Dwight Howard has the mental capacity of a 10-year-old. He doesn't have the heart or mind of a champion.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  7. #1030
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If the Nets don't do a deal for Joe Johnson, they're considering a significant offer for Memphis shooting guard O.J. Mayo, Y! sources said.\

  8. #1031

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    He says the Magic told him if he didn't opt in they'd send him to the Lakers for Bynum. The same Lakers that were on his "short list." But he wants Brooklyn so he opted in. Now that getting to Brooklyn's hard, TAKE IT TO COURT! Instead of, y'know, not opting in and being a FA in about 25 minutes.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #1032

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight Howard wants to sue the Magic saying they blackmailed him into opting into next year.

    I'm dead serious.
    I read somewhere that the "blackmailing" was Orlando telling him he was going to be traded to the Lakers the next day if he didn't sign the extension.

    That sounds a lot more like leveraging and negotiating on the part of Orlando than blackmailing. He should have just called the bluff and not signed. They had every right to trade him, he was under contract. He's just trying to get out of his contract. He is ruining his image worse than he already has. At least Lebron didn't do this.

  11. #1033
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    What the hell is he trying to do? He said he opted in to stay and be loyal and now he is pulling this? He said he didn't want to be hated like Lebron but he is sure making it seem like he does.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #1034
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Wow. Go Pacers. Lmao

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  14. #1035
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    WoW!

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-brooklyn-nets

    Dwight Howard met with new Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday and told him he wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

    Howard and Hennigan sat down face to face in Los Angeles, meeting for the first time since Hennigan became Orlando's GM nearly two weeks ago.

    Howard
    Hennigan was noncommital when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources said.

    Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would trade him. His intentions were merely to hear the thoughts of the Magic superstar.

    Howard picked up the option for the final year of his contract with Orlando on March 15. But since then, he has grown increasingly disgruntled with the organization, even telling people close to him that he feels the Magic blackmailed him into signing the "opt-in" clause.

    Howard shared his feelings of being blackmailed by the Magic with the NBA Players Association last week, sources said. He -- either himself or through his representatives -- approached the union wondering if he might have a legal complaint against the club.

    The goal of such a complaint would be to eliminate his "opt-in," thereby allowing Howard to become a free agent this summer.

    Sources said the union has no plans to pursue any such legal action against the Magic.

    Friday was not the first time Howard asked the Magic to trade him. In December, before the lockout-shortened season began, he asked Orlando to deal him to the Nets.

    Howard never rescinded his trade offer, even after picking up his option on the day of the trade deadline.

    After undergoing surgery on his back in April, Howard asked then-Magic GM Otis Smith to trade him to the Nets, according to sources. Smith said he would seek a trade, but the Magic fired Smith shortly after the season ended.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  15. #1036
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,140
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Just take the 3 first round picks (wasn't sure if Lopez was also offered) Brooklyn offered last year, and end this crap please for all of us.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  16. #1037
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,067

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    What a clown.

  17. #1038
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we're apparently trying to get this Hibbert deal done quick

    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...64498954027008 Pacers officials will make their pitch to RFA Roy Hibbert about 60 min from now. They'll meet w George Hill when he returns from vacation
    In Washington DC? Roy just attended a wedding there.

  18. #1039

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Washington DC? Roy just attended a wedding there.
    phone/skype i guess

  19. #1040

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Washington DC? Roy just attended a wedding there.
    Probably on the phone? He can't expect them to chase him around to DC.

  20. #1041

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Washington DC? Roy just attended a wedding there.
    maybe we will get roy on the phone when he's a little tipsy.... make him accept less money

  21. #1042

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    HERE WE GO!!

  22. #1043

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    maybe we will get roy on the phone when he's a little tipsy.... make him accept less money
    I think that'd be a REAL case for blackmail

  23. #1044
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Adrian Wojnarowski (WojYahooNBA) on Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    If the Nets don't do a deal for Joe Johnson, they're considering a significant offer for Memphis shooting guard O.J. Mayo, Y! sources said.

  24. #1045

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Eric Gordon will visit Indiana Sunday, Houston Monday & Phoenix Tuesday. He will also meet with Portland & perhaps Charlotte & Dallas.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  26. #1046
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Here's one that'll get some people excited...

    Chris Broussard (Chris_Broussard) on Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Eric Gordon will visit Indiana Sunday, Houston Monday & Phoenix Tuesday. He will also meet with Portland & perhaps Charlotte & Dallas.

  27. #1047

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Gordon, the New Orleans Hornets' restricted free agent, is seeking a max, 4-year, $58 million deal, sources say.

  28. #1048

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Eric Gordon will visit Indiana Sunday, Houston Monday & Phoenix Tuesday. He will also meet with Portland & perhaps Charlotte & Dallas.
    Wow he really does want to be here. I guess we're going to atleast talk to him even knowing New Orleans will probably match anything we offer.

  29. #1049
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Gordon, the New Orleans Hornets' restricted free agent, is seeking a max, 4-year, $58 million deal, sources say.
    $14.5M per season... Yikes.

  30. #1050

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's one that'll get some people excited...

    Chris Broussard (Chris_Broussard) on Twitter
    Scrub front office. Hawks 2.0.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •