Page 41 of 178 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1001

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how awesome would that be if we wake up tomorrow to this: Kevin Pritchard does it again:Nash agrees to deal with Pacers

  2. #1002
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how awesome would that be if we wake up tomorrow to this: Kevin Pritchard does it again:Nash agrees to deal with Pacers
    I'd literally crap my pants- and be happy about it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. #1003
    Member Stuckey7370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Princeton, IN
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    It wouldn't be Free agency or trade deadline without Dwight Drama.

    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

    Dwight Howard met with new Magic GM Rob Hennigan Friday in LA. Howard told Hennigan he wants to be traded to Brooklyn Nets, sources say.
    https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

  4. #1004
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Versatile guard Dahntay Jones, who picked up his $2.9- million player option last week, is someone the Knicks could try to acquire through a trade, depending on what happens in free agency. Newsday

    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/new_york_knicks
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  6. #1005

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely. Jason Thompson, been wanting this guy in a Pacer uni since he was drafted. I also wouldn't mind going after JJ or Randolph.

    One of those guys please. I just don't want to see Hans as the first PF off the bench. He needs to be a third option.
    This is for serious discussion and I will not belittle your thoughts. But could you please explain to me why you are so fascinated with Jason Thompson? Has he shown that he is good enough to contribute to any NBA team? I honestly have never understood why he is worth anymore than the league minimum? I get that he has physical tools but he has been in the league for 3 years and has gotten worse not better.

  7. #1006

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wouldn't be Free agency or trade deadline without Dwight Drama.



    https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard
    Shut up Dwight! You are not that good anyway!

  8. #1007
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Kevin Pritchard ‏@nbakev

    @Pacers fans please let @George_Hill3 and @Hoya2aPacer how much we appreciate them!!!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  10. #1008

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Versatile guard Dahntay Jones, who picked up his $2.9- million player option last week, is someone the Knicks could try to acquire through a trade, depending on what happens in free agency. Newsday

    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/new_york_knicks
    They don't have anything that really makes sense. Either too much value for Dahntay or they'd have to package multiple guys and we don't have the roster space.

  11. #1009
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kevin Pritchard ‏@nbakev

    @Pacers fans please let @George_Hill3 and @Hoya2aPacer how much we appreciate them!!!
    Roy isn't going anywhere. Area 55 wouldn't be the same without him. Hill on the other hand i have a slight fear of losing. More reason to pursue Nash. We could still bring back Barbosa is Hill walks too.

  12. #1010

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't have anything that really makes sense. Either too much value for Dahntay or they'd have to package multiple guys and we don't have the roster space.
    I am not familiar with the Knicks - I actually hate NY.
    But I wonder if they would be interested in Collison too? A package for Lin maybe? I dont know just throwing it out for discussion!

  13. #1011
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Versatile guard Dahntay Jones, who picked up his $2.9- million player option last week, is someone the Knicks could try to acquire through a trade, depending on what happens in free agency. Newsday

    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/new_york_knicks
    Toney Douglas and Steve Novak (S&T) for Dahntay?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #1012
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is for serious discussion and I will not belittle your thoughts. But could you please explain to me why you are so fascinated with Jason Thompson? Has he shown that he is good enough to contribute to any NBA team? I honestly have never understood why he is worth anymore than the league minimum? I get that he has physical tools but he has been in the league for 3 years and has gotten worse not better.
    I think we can agree that SAC has been a horribly run franchise in recent years. Coaching hasn't been stable and his role has been drastically reduced since his rookie season.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  16. #1013
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not familiar with the Knicks - I actually hate NY.
    But I wonder if they would be interested in Collison too? A package for Lin maybe? I dont know just throwing it out for discussion!
    Lin, Novak

    for

    DC, Dahntay, future (top 20 protected) 1st

    Could that get it done? The trade machine doesn't have Lin and Dahntay so I don't if the salaries match
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #1014
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,062

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I would rather keep Dahntay than get any of their garbage. Dahntay isn't bad here, I see no reason to move him unless some one actually gives a good value.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  19. #1015
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Regarding the "Dahntay to NY" possibility, I believe he remained close with Melo after their Denver days, and they hang out with their wives.

    I can't think of anyone I'd want from NY except Fields, and we aren't getting him for Dahntay. Plus, I feel that D is a part of what we're trying to build here, and unless it's a great deal there isn't any reason to lose the energy/defense/attitude off the bench. He played in control for much of the season, I think he's earned a spot (unless other players are added) for '12-'13.

    EDIT: I'd take Shumpert for Dahntay

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1016
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin, Novak

    for

    DC, Dahntay, future (top 20 protected) 1st

    Could that get it done? The trade machine doesn't have Lin and Dahntay so I don't if the salaries match
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  23. #1017

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin, Novak

    for

    DC, Dahntay, future (top 20 protected) 1st

    Could that get it done? The trade machine doesn't have Lin and Dahntay so I don't if the salaries match
    Isn't Lin a RFA? If so it would be a S&T. I think DC and Inferno would be enough if salaries match. Lin is not an all-star.

  24. #1018
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    No way they'd trade Lin or Novak as they are both MSG favorites but I wouldn't mind Toney Douglass as a scoring guard off the bench.

  25. #1019
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way they'd trade Lin or Novak as they are both MSG favorites but I wouldn't mind Toney Douglass as a scoring guard off the bench.
    No way id rather keep Dahntay. Douglas flat out sucks and was in the dog house the entire year with the knicks

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  27. #1020

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    we're apparently trying to get this Hibbert deal done quick

    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...64498954027008
    Pacers officials will make their pitch to RFA Roy Hibbert about 60 min from now. They'll meet w George Hill when he returns from vacation

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  29. #1021
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we're apparently trying to get this Hibbert deal done quick

    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...64498954027008
    Quicker he agrees to a deal with us the quicker we can work with other FA's and hopefully have Hibbert and at least one other free agent agree to contracts so we can sign them on the 11th.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  30. #1022
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

    Pacers officials will make their pitch to RFA Roy Hibbert about 60 min from now. They'll meet w George Hill when he returns from vacation
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    EDIT: Or what the other guy said.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  31. #1023
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    DJones is a rumor, but, a 3rd team could always be involved for the Pacers to get a return that fits team needs. I agree, Knicks don't have to much to offer Pacers for DJ. DJ played his role about as good as it could be for 2.9 mil.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  32. #1024
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Not advocating trading Dahntay, I value his defense, energy and locker room presence. But lookin at what NYK has to offer, Douglass looks to be the only player of ANY value that they'd be willing to part ways with.

  33. #1025

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Dwight Howard wants to sue the Magic saying they blackmailed him into opting into next year.

    I'm dead serious.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •