Page 4 of 178 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like DC. I think we stole him in that awful trade for Murphy's bloated contract. I don't want to get rid of him but I think the writing is on the wall if Hill gets re signed. They aren't going to sink that kind of money into Hill then keep DC when he is going to want more serious money in the near future. I would love to see him stay but have doubts that he will.
    That's my thought as well. Unless the FO thinks a PG rotation of GH/DC is what will get us to the Championship.....which I seriously doubt.....I totally expect DC to be traded for assets if GH is re-signed.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Born Ready

Take it for what its worth but my buddies dads company met with Mel Simon about acquiring a suite at Bankers Life. He specifically asked Mel about his stance on restricted free agents. Mel said Larrys words were taken out of context about the organization not going after restricted free agents, saying that they haven't in the past but if the right player comes along they will make offer. Believe what you want but I trust this information.
    The Brawl set our franchise back years but it was a hell of a lot fun to watch!

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NewEra For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    Take it for what its worth but my buddies dads company met with Mel Simon about acquiring a suite at Bankers Life. He specifically asked Mel about his stance on restricted free agents. Mel said Larrys words were taken out of context about the organization not going after restricted free agents, saying that they haven't in the past but if the right player comes along they will make offer. Believe what you want but I trust this information.
    Darned interesting. Especially since Mel has been dead for a while now.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    That's because there was no Plan B, because the majority of the offense revolved around a guy who "didn't shoot well this season, including the playoffs." As you said, the offense looked bad with him. So if you can get two upgrade parts (starting point + high percentage shooting backup) + picks we can use to get into this year's lottery, for example, it's a great deal. I'm not very high on Lowry so I don't like that specific deal personally, but I'd be fine with above average starter + mid lottery pick for Granger. It's really the easiest way to get this team to the next level, and you just might draft a superstar.
    I agree, trading Granger for a shoot first point doesn't make sense. Now, for a pass first guy who can rejuvenate the offense? Yeah, I'd be interested.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I agree, trading Granger for a shoot first point doesn't make sense. Now, for a pass first guy who can rejuvenate the offense? Yeah, I'd be interested.
    Lowery isn't a shoot first guy...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Disagree. Bird will still have the last word. None of the core is going anywhere in a trade unless it's a no-brainer.

A lot of you guys think two in the bush is better than one in the hand.
    I think Granger played his way out of lock status this season. Nobody would punt him to the curb or trade him for spoiled lunch meat but I bet the potential for a trade that wouldn't have happened a season or two ago is now much more likely. Possibly some old offers and feelers received by the Pacers could be revisited.

Not saying he'll be traded but I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=CableKC;1457736]

Of course Bird has the last word on all trades..../QUOTE]

Unless things have changed, I believe Herb Simon has the LAST WORD.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    . . . Simple fact is Bird isn't going to trade Granger if he's the best player in the trade. Plus because of Grangers loyalty and realitivly cheap contract he won't trade Danny if it's a near equal trade either.

The kind of trade that would be a no-brainer is one where there's a consensus that the Pacers got the best player, not some of these two picks and a player for Danny because the picks have potential.

Some variation of this post needs to be in the OP of pretty much every thread. Pacers need to make a 2 for 1 trade, if and only if the pacers trade the 2 not the 1. Pacer trades need to get back a better player not a bunch of not as good players.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I think Granger played his way out of lock status this season. Nobody would punt him to the curb or trade him for spoiled lunch meat but I bet the potential for a trade that wouldn't have happened a season or two ago is now much more likely. Possibly some old offers and feelers received by the Pacers could be revisited.

Not saying he'll be traded but I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    That's what I'm thinking....especially with KP on board doing the negotiating. Again, this doesn't mean...as you suggest...that I think the FO will move Granger for the best "poo poo platter"....it means that Granger isn't as "untouchable" as others would likely be and that if the right deal comes along they will include Granger.

I'm just saying I expect that if we were to see a Granger trade that it will be for a comparable "borderline All-Star" Player where we get back good value.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe "that" player is EJ in Mel's eyes.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Born Ready

I might have to delete my account and start over after that flub. Meant to say Herb
    The Brawl set our franchise back years but it was a hell of a lot fun to watch!

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to NewEra For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I might have to delete my account and start over after that flub. Meant to say Herb
    Honestly, I get the two mixed up still.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    Maybe "that" player is EJ in Mel's eyes.
    I think it's somewhat the other way around.

When Bird first mentioned that Herb didn't want the Pacers going after RFA's I speculated that he said that because he didn't want EJ like so many IU fans do, and he didn't want a bunch of talk about it. I still think EJ is the reason that rule was mentioned. That's the only way the rule makes sense.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

ExtraNewEra?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    ExtraNewEra?

NewError?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting thought... Is there anyone better than DG available through FA or trade? My list includes Dwight(Trade), Deron (UFA), and Pau (Trade)... Pau possibly isn't better and Deron is only barely feasible for us to acquire... Is there anyone else?

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1457798]
    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Unless things have changed, I believe Herb Simon has the LAST WORD.
    I believe you are spliting hairs! Last word in this case means making the final decision. Simon hired Bird to make those decisions, so Herb just signs off on them. The only way that Herb would get involved with an actual decision is if Bird wants to go over the tax line a million or two. I don't think Bird would even ask to go over if it was more then that.

The only time I remember the Pacers owners getting involved is when the Pacers tried to get Tracy McGrady. Either Herb or Mel flew to Orlando (?) with Donnie Walsh and I believe Bird. It didn't work out though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im honestly nervous on what is going to happen this summer. I dont know what is going to happen with the roy ribbert situation. Also, i dont think we need to trade Granger. He is slowly becoming a 'leader' this team needs.

Follow me @PacerNation_24

I figured that was the case. I hope you took my post with the humor that was meant. I should have put something in there to make the intent more obvious.

[QUOTE=Will Galen;1458051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

I believe you are spliting hairs! Last word in this case means making the final decision. Simon hired Bird to make those decisions, so Herb just signs off on them. The only way that Herb would get involved with an actual decision is if Bird wants to go over the tax line a million or two. I don't think Bird would even ask to go over if it was more then that.

Was Herb's statement he'd be more involved in the team a year or two ago just nothing but hot air?

Bird brings his proposed deal to Herb and as the owner Herb gives the final word. HERB IS THE FINAL WORD. Bird does what Herb says... PERIOD!

No doubt in my mind Bird doesn't make some proposed deals b/c he knows Herb won't go agree with it. That in itself says Herb has the last word. How many times has Bird EVER offered a contract to a RFA? None to my knowledge. There is no reason do it when Herb's "last and final word" will be NO.

The only time I remember the Pacers owners getting involved is when the Pacers tried to get Tracy McGrady. Either Herb or Mel flew to Orlando (?) with Donnie Walsh and I believe Bird. It didn't work out though.

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1458082]

The conversation was about who would have the last word on basketball trades, Bird or Pritchard. We know how the NBA works, the GM or president makes the basketball decisions and the owner rubber stamps it before it goes to the league.

As for Herb's statement 'he'd be more involved in the team,' if you think he meant he would be doing the draft and making trades, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you real cheap.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 06-13-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Banned

Funny how some people here know what Bird thinks and what he is going to do in the future

Mood

They're all just rich guys to me. :-)
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    NewError?
    MetaWorldError
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Lowery isn't a shoot first guy...
    My impression is that he is more of a scorer than a distributor.