Page 3 of 178 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if posted and not sure where this belongs but I wasn't aware of this....

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Day-Two-3962/

-Evan Fournier competed today after working out in a one-on-zero setting for the scouts in attendance yesterday. In 29 minutes of action, Fournier scored 12 points, looking smooth creating his own shot on the perimeter and making plays being aggressive in transition while showing good court vision finding the open man. The top 2012 draft prospect at this event, Fournier shot well today, going 2-4 from three in the first game and 2-3 in the second game, but confirmed that his jump shot remains the most significant skill he needs to work on moving forward. He will leave tomorrow for the United State for workouts with Indiana, Memphis, and Dallas.
    We scouted him heavy during his season in Europe. I follow a bunch of guys on twitter who follow European spects

I dont think he has buy out issues Heisenberg and he isnt a FA he is a draft eligible guy. But his jumper is still pretty bad needs to fix it but from every scouting report I have read has tons of ability to get to the rim and finish and also a good passer. His knocks is his body and jumper some say he needs a year or 2 too work on his body.

http://www.europeanprospects.com/ (great site) @Eurohopes and @ChristopheEPcom is the main guy who tweets on almost all guys. He tweeted at least 3 games that Pacer scouts were at Evan's games.

http://www.eurohopes.com/player/743/evan-fournier/ has a video and shows some of his game

I am looking for tape of the dude on the internet but the french league I cant seem to find.c I watched him play in the summit a few years ago but all star games arent really a good setting to watch a dude and see what kind of skill set he has. wish I could find some tape of him.

EDIT: this video came out think it's from saturday he shows off some nice vision.

Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-12-2012 at 02:33 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Why is everyone so eager to trade Danny? I get that he didn't shoot well this season, including the playoffs, but do you guys remember what we looked like when Granger went down in the Heat series? We are already a bad offensive team, and you want to trade our best offensive weapon for Lowry, Courtney, and a couple mid-teen picks? Our offense would suffer so bad, we would end up having ~12 mediocre role players and that's not the direction I want the Pacers to go. I don't even know if we'd be better than the sixers if we traded for that package. Bottom line is, if we're trading Granger, we've got to aim higher, or else we're only going to regress.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Yeah i wouldn't mind if we drafted him by far the best euro this year
    Stanko begs to differ
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    Why is everyone so eager to trade Danny? I get that he didn't shoot well this season, including the playoffs, but do you guys remember what we looked like when Granger went down in the Heat series? We are already a bad offensive team, and you want to trade our best offensive weapon for Lowry, Courtney, and a couple mid-teen picks? Our offense would suffer so bad, we would end up having ~12 mediocre role players and that's not the direction I want the Pacers to go. I don't even know if we'd be better than the sixers if we traded for that package. Bottom line is, if we're trading Granger, we've got to aim higher, or else we're only going to regress.
    Just a hunch....and it's pure guesswork on my end....but I wouldn't be surprised if Granger was moved with Pritchard at the helm with Bird.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Just a hunch....and it's pure guesswork on my end....but I wouldn't be surprised if Granger was moved with Pritchard at the helm with Bird.
    Disagree. Bird will still have the last word. None of the core is going anywhere in a trade unless it's a no-brainer.

A lot of you guys think two in the bush is better than one in the hand.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 06-12-2012 at 07:33 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Disagree. Bird will still have the last word. None of the core is going anywhere in a trade unless it's a no-brainer.

Agreed. I think Granger, Hibbert and West are almost locks to stay, everyone else has some reason why they might not be here though trade or contract.

BTW, I'm I the only one who would love to end up with Kendall Marshall from this draft?
    Danger Zone

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I think we will look for a player, or two, of the same caliber of Hibbert, Granger, and West to add on to what we already have... Preferably at the point guard spot and another big man. But a scorer wing wouldn't hurt either.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I love Roy and generally agree with most of your post, but a 20/10 guy? He would be one of the five best players in the league if he were a 20/10 guy. I can see 15/9, but 20/10 are huge numbers.
    Eh, you/vnzla are most likely right, 20/10 is high.

However...here's my case that he *could* reach that number, weak as it may be:

I assume we can agree that averaging 10 boards isn't going to be a huge issue, right? He's a good rebounder, averaged 11 in the playoffs, he can get to 10 RPG.

Hibbert shot 50% on 10 FGA/game. Averaged just under 4 FTA/game, shooting about 70%. If we had a ballhandler that could feed him the ball in the post, I really believe all of his offensive numbers would skyrocket. Hell, look at Gortat in Phoenix. That guy was awful offensively when playing with the likes of Jameer Nelson/Duhon/Redick. Stick him with Nash, all the sudden quadruples his output to nearly 16ppg.

So, while I concede that 20/10 is very much a stretch, with the right court general, I think Roy could come damn close to 20/10, whether that's 17-18-19ppg. Of course, that's contingent on finding someone who can effectively feed the post.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    I think we will look for a player, or two, of the same caliber of Hibbert, Granger, and West to add on to what we already have... Preferably at the point guard spot and another big man. But a scorer wing wouldn't hurt either.
    I think that's the safe, smart bet, but how do you add someone the caliber of Roy, Danny or West? I almost wonder IF we might want target one of those relatively lower cost, unrealized potential guys who have fallen into disfavor on their current team. We've traded for unremarkable guys over the past few years and gotten what we've paid for, so to speak. I'm not saying these specific guys, in particular, but there seem to be a few guys out there like Anthony Randolph, Beasley, Javale, Dalembert who don't seem to fit in where they are. Maybe, in terms of a trade, we need an X-factor kind of guy? Just thinking out loud. (Speaking of which, I'm curious about the Timberwolves, who have vowed to be really aggressive this off season.)
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 06-12-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    We scouted him heavy during his season in Europe. I follow a bunch of guys on twitter who follow European spects

I dont think he has buy out issues Heisenberg and he isnt a FA he is a draft eligible guy. But his jumper is still pretty bad needs to fix it but from every scouting report I have read has tons of ability to get to the rim and finish and also a good passer. His knocks is his body and jumper some say he needs a year or 2 too work on his body.

http://www.europeanprospects.com/ (great site) @Eurohopes and @ChristopheEPcom is the main guy who tweets on almost all guys. He tweeted at least 3 games that Pacer scouts were at Evan's games.

http://www.eurohopes.com/player/743/evan-fournier/ has a video and shows some of his game

I am looking for tape of the dude on the internet but the french league I cant seem to find.c I watched him play in the summit a few years ago but all star games arent really a good setting to watch a dude and see what kind of skill set he has. wish I could find some tape of him.

EDIT: this video came out think it's from saturday he shows off some nice vision.

Thx for the vid. I noticed he drives with his head up. Also can go right or left with handles, and can finish with either right or left. Pretty good qualities if you ask me. We don't need a point with with a j we need a driver/distributor. Interesting prospect to say the least.

Mood

well after looking at draft express he is a sf, i thought he was a pg.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post

(Speaking of which, I'm curious about the Timberwolves, who have vowed to be really aggressive this off season.)

They may be agressive, but the Pacers won't be a trade pardner for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    Why is everyone so eager to trade Danny? I get that he didn't shoot well this season, including the playoffs, but do you guys remember what we looked like when Granger went down in the Heat series?

That's because there was no Plan B, because the majority of the offense revolved around a guy who "didn't shoot well this season, including the playoffs." As you said, the offense looked bad with him. So if you can get two upgrade parts (starting point + high percentage shooting backup) + picks we can use to get into this year's lottery, for example, it's a great deal. I'm not very high on Lowry so I don't like that specific deal personally, but I'd be fine with above average starter + mid lottery pick for Granger. It's really the easiest way to get this team to the next level, and you just might draft a superstar.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    That's because there was no Plan B, because the majority of the offense revolved around a guy who "didn't shoot well this season, including the playoffs." As you said, the offense looked bad with him. So if you can get two upgrade parts (starting point + high percentage shooting backup) + picks we can use to get into this year's lottery, for example, it's a great deal. I'm not very high on Lowry so I don't like that specific deal personally, but I'd be fine with above average starter + mid lottery pick for Granger. It's really the easiest way to get this team to the next level, and you just might draft a superstar.
    We trade Granger right now there will be no plan A, let alone plan B... I'm just saying, if we're trading Granger, we've gotta aim higher.

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

about that houston trade, if you can get their draft pick(s), i think austin rivers will be available at 14 and i think he'd be a steal. great 6th man scorer off the bench his rookie year with potential to be a stud
    Murph

i want to see Jermaine O'neal finish his career as a Pacer.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

bush is better than hand

/#ShawnKemp
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Of course Bird has the last word on all trades....but do you think that KP is going to negotiate and present a trade to Bird involving Granger that is NOT a No-Brainer?

What I am saying is that I think that with KP involved in the trading negotiations that Granger will be "on the Table" ( which is pretty much a given ). IMHO...I think that there are few untouchables on this Team....PG being one of them. I agree on the whole "Team chemistry" and the notion that you have to build a core for the long-term....but Granger isn't one of the "untouchables" IF the right deal comes along where the Pacers get a similar quality Player in return that would help the Team.

We're talking about KP here....when it comes to understanding a Player's Trade value and getting back the most in a trade, I trust KP to negotiate the best deal that would help the Team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-12-2012 at 01:32 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfreak View Post
    well after looking at draft express he is a sf, i thought he was a pg.
    Yup more of a 2/3 have not really seen his game much but he looks pretty decent though.

Some of his passes looked Rubio like, I think Rubio still has tons of upside, it will be interesting to see what he does when he comes back from injury.
    Why so SERIOUS

Of course Bird has the last word on all trades....but do you think that KP is going to negotiate and present a trade to Bird involving Granger that is NOT a No-Brainer?

What I am saying is that I think that with KP involved in the trading negotiations that Granger will be "on the Table" ( which is pretty much a given ). IMHO...I think that there are few untouchables on this Team....PG being one of them. I agree on the whole "Team chemistry" and the notion that you have to build a core for the long-term....but Granger isn't one of the "untouchables" IF the right deal comes along where the Pacers get a similar quality Player in return that would help the Team.

We're talking about KP here....when it comes to understanding a Player's Trade value and getting back the most in a trade, I trust KP to negotiate the best deal that would help the Team.
    I'm not so convinced that the FO sees PG as untouchable. In fact, IMO, I think his stock is likely never going to be as high as it is now or over the next year. I think he's approaching overrated status. If you can get a real PG with PG (ha, I made a funny!), they're going to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by docpaul; 06-12-2012 at 01:45 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I'm not so convinced that the FO sees PG as untouchable. In fact, IMO, I think his stock is likely never going to be as high as it is now or over the next year. I think he's approaching overrated status. If you can get a real PG with PG (ha, I made a funny!), they're going to pull the trigger.
    That's valid.....let's just say that I think that if either were to be moved...Granger would be moved before PG was moved.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Everyone is so ready to dump Collison but where do we get a PG as good or better than he is? I would not trade Collison until that new point guard is on the team.........
    I like DC. I think we stole him in that awful trade for Murphy's bloated contract. I don't want to get rid of him but I think the writing is on the wall if Hill gets re signed. They aren't going to sink that kind of money into Hill then keep DC when he is going to want more serious money in the near future. I would love to see him stay but have doubts that he will.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I think PG's value will be high for the next couple of years atleast, even if it centers around being a defensive stopper, instead of a all around star. He is still young and has a ton of room to develop, I think his play next year will be the thing that really either escalates his value or keeps it where it is currently at, I think most teams have a pretty good idea what they are getting with PG.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    i want to see Jermaine O'neal finish his career as a Pacer.
    It would be nice. But it appears that wherever he ends his career it will be on that teams injury list.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

No. The reason I say that is I don't think there are any no-brainer trades available for Granger, other than D. Williams. Simple fact is Bird isn't going to trade Granger if he's the best player in the trade. Plus because of Grangers loyalty and realitivly cheap contract he won't trade Danny if it's a near equal trade either.

The kind of trade that would be a no-brainer is one where there's a consensus that the Pacers got the best player, not some of these two picks and a player for Danny because the picks have potential.