Page 29 of 178 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Scenario 1:
    26. Indiana Pacers select Doron Lamb
    Thatís what I think will happen, should Indiana stand pat at 26. Lamb can not only score from outside and inside, but is a actually a pretty underrated passer, which is something the Pacers lacked last season. Lamb will contend with Lance Stephenson for that backup shooting guard role, but honestly, either could run some point on the second team, also. Above all, though, Indiana needs a scorer, and I believe Lamb will be the best of the bunch when the pick rolls around.

Scenario 2:
    Ultimately, I see the Pacers dealing Darren Collison and their pick to New Orleans for the tenth pick. New Orleans has made it known that they would welcome Collison back, and he is a better point guard than anyone they could find at 10. Indiana, meanwhile, could go a number of directions with this pick. Should things shake out like this, I see Indiana going with Rivers or Terrance Ross, but in a dream world, Dion Waiters would still be around. Itís the same logic I used with Lamb, just a better player. Kendall Marshall has been a name thrown out there, too, but as bad as the Pacers looked against the pick and roll in the playoffs, they canít gamble on a point guard with his defensive skillset. Also, if the draft shakes out as I predict, both Tyler Zeller and Meyers Leonard will still be around. Front court depth is another need of this team, so I wouldnít be shocked there either.

In short, I have absolutely no freaking idea what the Pacers will do, but I would be shocked if they ended draft night with a player they drafted with the 26th pick. Pritchardís trade history in conjunction with the multitude of trade bait the Pacers possess just suggest movement in some way.

That does it for my supposed mock draft. If you really want to know who I think is going somewhere else, let me know and I will do my best to appease the masses. Check back in like 15 minutes for my individual players section. I would have included it here, but you would have gotten bored and stopped reading, which I thank you for not doing anyway.
    http://swensanity.wordpress.com/2012...nd-the-pacers/

I know its just some guys speculation but everyone seems to think that wither we package DC and our pick to NO for the 10th or that we trade our pick some other way. I love the idea of trading DC and 26th for the 10th if that is the case.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://swensanity.wordpress.com/2012...nd-the-pacers/

I know its just some guys speculation but everyone seems to think that wither we package DC and our pick to NO for the 10th or that we trade our pick some other way. I love the idea of trading DC and 26th for the 10th if that is the case.
    If we could get to 10 for just dc. I would then do whatever it takes virtually to trade up and get Lillard. I don't know what it would take for SacTown to accept. We could take on a bad contract for them and maybe a future 1st along with 10. If we couldn't trade up I would love Ross at 10. Now if we could some how get both Ross and Lillard that would be the dream. Granger for Dorell Wright filler and 7 and a 2nd rder then trade DC for 10 and then make it happen. Lillard/Ross/George/west/ Hibbert would be filthy for us moving forward.

Wouldn't want to trade Granger but if it could net us a lineup like that I really hope KP considers it.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-27-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's no point when they don't know what the player is willing to accept. Who cares if the Pacers and Hornets agree to sign and trade Gordon around a 10 mil a year contract if Gordon doesn't agree to sign it? It's a waste of time.

This is a league where contracts have to fit under the cap, and/or be matched. How can you negotiate that without knowing what the salary will be?
    NO already has an idea of what EJ is looking for, they negociated a new comtract not long ago, all the teams have to do is to agree in doing the trade, call EJ's agent and make the deal when permitted, many teams do that.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://nbadraft.net/draft-buzz-5
    I'm trying to figure out if the writer is implying the Pacers are rumored to be making a push for Gordon, now?

DC, pick , another player . Dont see it happening but then again

Could KP actually Pritchslap David Stern
    KP wouldn't be PritchSlapping Stern.....but the Saints Owner.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

would u trade... danny Dc and 26h for Eric Gordon and the 10th pick? then Draft Lillard. resign hib and hill and bass

Lillard/Hill
    Gordon/Hill
    PG/DJ/Gordon
    West/Bass
    Hib/ Backup center

one of the best young teams in the NBA right there
    Why would the Hornets want Granger?

I assume that the Pacers can find a draft Pick, prospect and an expiring contract and then send him to the Hornets.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    NO already has an idea of what EJ is looking for, they negociated a new comtract not long ago, all the teams have to do is to agree in doing the trade, call EJ's agent and make the deal when permitted, many teams do that.
    If an agent did that he would be doing his player a huge disservice. I would fire my agent immediately if he were such pathetic negotiator and decision maker that he basically suggested I give up my free agency before it even begins.

In a negotiation you're rarely going to get someone's bottom dollar quickly. Especially before it even officially begins. There's an art to this. You're simplifying it way too much. This is no longer just New Orleans and Gordon. There are plenty of teams trying to get into it now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If an agent did that he would be doing his player a huge disservice. I would fire my agent immediately if he were such pathetic negotiator and decision maker that he basically suggested I give up my free agency before it even begins.

In a negotiation you're rarely going to get someone's bottom dollar quickly. Especially before it even officially begins. There's an art to this. You're simplifying it way too much. This is no longer just New Orleans and Gordon. There are plenty of teams trying to get into it now.
    You're right.

The CBA doesn't allow a team to trade a player who is a free agent before July 1st. Since the draft occurs before then, sign and trades where you package a prospective free agent with or for an unknown draft pick in that season is not allowed. So it's pointless to discuss.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    If we could get to 10 for just dc. I would then do whatever it takes virtually to trade up and get Lillard. I don't know what it would take for SacTown to accept. We could take on a bad contract for them and maybe a future 1st along with 10. If we couldn't trade up I would love Ross at 10. Now if we could some how get both Ross and Lillard that would be the dream. Granger for Dorell Wright filler and 7 and a 2nd rder then trade DC for 10 and then make it happen. Lillard/Ross/George/west/ Hibbert would be filthy for us moving forward.

Wouldn't want to trade Granger but if it could net us a lineup like that I really hope KP considers it.
    I almost put something similar in the "dream" thread. Granger to Golden St for #7, #30 (& probably Biedrins) ... DC, Hans & #26 to New Orleans for #10 & Jarrett Jack ... #30 (& future 2nd-rounder) to Cleveland for #33 & #34 ... then pick:

#7: Damian Lillard
    #10: Tyler Zeller
    #33: J Jenkins
    #34: K O'Quinn

EDIT: Or, maybe better: #7 Lillard, #10 Ross, keep #30 and take Festus Ezeli (if still there).
    Last edited by DrFife; 06-27-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    I almost put something similar in the "dream" thread. Granger to Golden St for #7, #30 (& probably Biedrins) ... DC, Hans & #26 to New Orleans for #10 & Jarrett Jack ... #30 (& future 2nd-rounder) to Cleveland for #33 & #34 ... then pick:

#7: Damian Lillard
    #10: Tyler Zeller
    #33: J Jenkins
    #34: K O'Quinn

EDIT: Or, maybe better: #7 Lillard, #10 Ross, keep #30 and take Festus Ezeli (if still there).
    I'd pass because the Pacers would have to take on Biedrin's contract.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Except unless Portland is putting up a huge smokescreen, they'll almost certainly take Lillard at 6, basically any of the recent mock drafts have him there.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

I could see #26 and DC or Hansbrough for #10 maybe happening, but NO WAY IN HELL would New Orleans trade #10 AND Eric Gordon, for a deal revoking around Granger, adding a late 1st and Collisonmdoesn' make it better

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

I wonder if our FO is throwing some offers for Pau. Im intrigued by a Pau/West/Roy rotation. Lakers might want more than we're comfortable offering. 26, DC and Hans probably won't cut it.

Mood

http://www.tradedannygranger.com/

lololol someone has too much time on their hands. I wonder if this is old or new.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    I wonder if our FO is throwing some offers for Pau. Im intrigued by a Pau/West/Roy rotation. Lakers might want more than we're comfortable offering. 26, DC and Hans probably won't cut it.
    After getting McRoberts and Murphy, they are wondering if there are more where they came from.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    You can say that again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

worst case scenario for me is for us staying at 26 and drafting Draymond Green

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    http://www.tradedannygranger.com/

lololol someone has too much time on their hands. I wonder if this is old or new.
    I wonder how many of those t-shirts have been sold...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

ITS FINALLY DRAFT DAY!!!

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    Jamal Crawford has officially opted out. He's an unrestricted free agent. Boston, Minnesota and Indiana among teams expected to pursue him.

uhhhh do not do it Donnie

dont

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there's no point when they don't know what the player is willing to accept. Who cares if the Pacers and Hornets agree to sign and trade Gordon around a 10 mil a year contract if Gordon doesn't agree to sign it? It's a waste of time.

This is a league where contracts have to fit under the cap, and/or be matched. How can you negotiate that without knowing what the salary will be?
    yeah but if there is any truth to the rumor that the Pacers and Hornets are talking at all and Gordons involved could have some legs to it or could be just talk
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    You're right.

The CBA doesn't allow a team to trade a player who is a free agent before July 1st. Since the draft occurs before then, sign and trades where you package a prospective free agent with or for an unknown draft pick in that season is not allowed. So it's pointless to discuss.
    Isnt EG restricted? cant eh trade him now for a draft pickon a 1 year qualifying offer?

worst case scenario for me is for us staying at 26 and drafting Draymond Green
    hardly

for me it would be tradunGranger for any pick in the draft , ot making a trade to get a high pick, without Granger, then that high pick never pans out

Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the Hornets winning the Lottery and holding the #10 pick, I thought it was a foregone conclusion that they're going to lock up Eric Gordon. The only way I don't see them doing it is if he takes the QO and decides to leave.

Sports Logo

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sy...cavaliers.html

NEW YORK – The Cleveland Cavaliers' intrigue with selecting Syracuse guard Dion Waiters with the fourth overall pick in Thursday’s NBA Draft has gathered significant momentum, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers haven’t been able to get Waiters to visit Cleveland for a workout and meeting with officials, but it hasn’t extinguished management’s ever-evolving fascination with choosing Waiters at No. 4 – especially if the Cavaliers are unable to secure Florida guard Bradley Beal.

Cleveland has intensified its background checks on Waiters, and sources in direct contact with Cavs officials believe Waiters would be the franchise's choice over Kansas’ Thomas Robinson should the Charlotte Bobcats select Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at No. 2, and the Washington Wizards take Beal at No. 3.

Because Waiters, a 6-foot-5 combo guard, had a promise later in the lottery, he stopped making visits to teams highest in the lottery. Nevertheless, Cleveland still believes it has strong intelligence on Waiters, an explosive scoring guard the Cavs can pair with Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving. Cleveland still has a strong desire to move to No. 2 to get Beal, but has resisted Charlotte’s attempts to attach Tyrus Thomas to a trade. Thomas has three years and $26 million left on his contract and has become unproductive and largely uncaring as a pro.

As one league source connected to the talks said, "The rest of the deal would have to be very strong for [the Cavs] to take on [Thomas]."
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-28-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Sports Logo

https://twitter.com/timkawakami?tw_i...w_p=tweetembed

NBA source on Warriors and Dorell Wright: "They're really trying to move him." Before, during or after the draft? "Whenever they can."
    If we could get Dorell Wright without giving up a pick....I'd be interested in him as a backup Wing Man. He's a great defender and a very solid 3pt shooter, on top of that...he's an Expiring Contract at $4 mil a year. I know that he didn't do too well under Mark Jackson's slowed down offense....but I'd love to have him on the roster.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...wards-waiters/

Warriors’ lively draft room: Signs pointing away from Drummond and towards Waiters

POSTED BY TIM KAWAKAMI ON JUNE 27TH, 2012 AT 8:20 PM | CATEGORIZED AS COLLEGE BASKETBALL, NBA, WARRIORS

On and off the air for tonight’s Comcast show, Bob Myers and Jerry West told each other and told everybody nearby that they’re loving the energy of the Warriors’ draft room right now.

It’s lively. There’s strong, good and continuous debate. That seems beyond question.

Everybody has an opinion–I would imagine from Joe Lacob to Myers to West to Kirk Lacob to Travis Schlenk and maybe to the scouts and the coaches.

I asked West: Is there any kind of consensus forming in there?

West said that, through the discussions, the Warriors have pretty much settled on “two or three” players that they’d take if they get to the GSW’s 7th slot.

And West suggested that if those players are all gone, the Warriors have the option to trade down to recoup multiple players.

West also said that at 7, the Warriors need a player who can help immediately, that they can’t wait around for a couple years for somebody to develop. And he said that first and foremost, the team needs and will add toughness in this draft.

That isn’t too difficult to decipher, because it all points away from UConn big man Andre Drummond, who 1) isn’t ready to help right now and 2) certainly isn’t considered one of the tough, passionate guys in this draft.

Lacob might and probably will urge the draft room to give Drummond one more look if he’s there at 7, but I expect the Warriors to either pass on him or take him and then trade him.

I don’t expect them to have Drummond on their roster in October, is what I’m saying.

So who are the two or three guys West is referencing? I believe North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes, Syracuse’s Dion Waiters are two of them, and maybe the third is Weber State’s Damian Lillard or, as Marcus Thompson II suggested earlier today, Duke’s Austin Rivers.

But Lillard and Rivers are both straight-up point guards, and I don’t know how much the Warriors want to go back down the road of wondering what this all means for Stephen Curry’s future–which would be a duplicate of the drafting of Curry and the immediate wondering about Monta Ellis’ future.

And the “toughness” remark really sounds like a description of Waiters, a combo guard who I’ve heard is getting raves from opponent coaches and players during this process.

In fact, I was told that when asked about Waiters and Drummond, players and coaches who competed against both say Waiters is easily the superior talent and player.
    Wow...maybe there is some legit talk about Waiters moving up.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-28-2012 at 02:30 AM.