Page 28 of 178 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect that they are clearing Capspace to make a run at Hibbert. I can see them dealing some of their multiple picks for Josh Smith....then sending Lowry packing to clear some additional Capspace while acquiring additional assets....and then offering MAX contract offer to Hibbert.

Get the "Is Hibbert worth the MAX?" thread going....cuz...like it or not....we are headed there.
    Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
    Just a hunch, but I think Rockets more likely to end up with Pau Gasol than Dwight Howard. If that's case, Lakers should get plenty back.
    Or it is Pau part 2.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    never mind...

That's a good trade for the Bucks. They only drop down 2 spots in the draft and get a C they need.

Houston must really want a package for in order to get Howard, or they want a player certain player at #12.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    That's a good trade for the Bucks. They only drop down 2 spots in the draft and get a C they need.

Houston must really want a package for in order to get Howard, or they want a player certain player at #12.
    Tyler Zeller (ducking)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Or it is Pau part 2.
    yeah...or that...either way....they are making a play for some major FrontCourt Players.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Different angles-

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    Don't merge the Rockets trade & Pau Gasol trade stories together. Rockets not pursuing Pau Gasol according to a source
    I find that hard to believe after last summer.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Or it is Pau part 2.
    agree I think they may try to trade up for Drummond and trade for Gasol Kevin Mchale loves both of them from what I have read.

Mood

Sam Amico

• Other news organizations reporting Rockets not pursuing Pau Gasol, but I was just told by source that "it's very possible." But they may go after the Warriors' No. 7 pick first (for 12 and 16).

Going to be one of the most action packed drafts... I hope Pritchard can join in the action!

Mood

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...lked-moving-up

I called this a few days ok OKC will have to trade someone cant pay their whole team.

Harden for Beal I like actually think Beal is a perfect fit in OKC . Harden I think is a better player but it makes sense if the owner doesnt want to may him.

Doubt this happens but I figured OKC would at least talk about dooing it to save money.

Mood

06/27/12 4:53 PM EST – Joel Brigham:Contrary to an internet rumor earlier in the day, sources close to the situation are indicating that a Wilson-Chandler-to-Golden-State offer isn’t even on the table.
    While the Warriors are looking to upgrade at the small forward spot, they’re still hoping to do that in the draft. They absolutely are exploring a number of trades involving that #7 pick, but the Wilson Chandler deal isn’t one of them, at least not right now.
    LINK

Bill Ingram:

Houston Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry sees the writing on the wall and expects to be traded in the next 24 hours. The only question seems to be where he will be traded, with Sacramento and Toronto looking like the current frontrunners. The Rockets are looking for a lottery pick, either to use themselves, perhaps on Andre Drummond, or to sweeten their offer to Orlando for Dwight Howard

Hope we put forward an offer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atlanta Hawks target Pau Gasol (for Josh Smith) - L.A. Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bresnahan
    The Atlanta Hawks have aggressively tried to trade power forward Josh Smith to the Lakers for Pau Gasol, initially expressing interest in Gasol shortly after Oklahoma City eliminated the Lakers in the Western Conference semifinals, The Times has learned.

Smith has been unhappy in Atlanta for more than a year, his dissatisfaction starting after the 2010-11 season because he felt he was an unfair target of criticism by coaches and media members.

In separate activity leading up to Thursday’s amateur draft, the Lakers are also open to trading Gasol to a team with a high first-round pick because they covet Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Atlanta holds the 23rd pick and cannot help in that area.

No deals were imminent for the Lakers, who hold only the 60th and final pick in the draft. They have not had a first-round pick since taking Javaris Crittenton in 2007.

Last season, Smith averaged career-highs in points (18.8) and rebounds (9.6) for the Hawks. He is only 26, five years younger than Gasol.

If the Lakers struck a deal with Atlanta, they would lose the height advantage that made them one of the longest teams in the NBA — Smith is 6 feet 9, three inches shorter than Gasol — but would instantly become more athletic.

Smith is an incredibly active defender and has career averages of 1.3 steals and 2.2 blocked shots. Two years ago, he became the youngest player ever with 1,000 career blocked shots.

He has one more year on his contract for $13.2 million and becomes an unrestricted free agent in June 2013 unless he signs an extension. The Lakers would also benefit financially from a deal involving the two players: Gasol has two more years and $38.3 million on his contract. It is unclear which player would accompany Smith to the Lakers in such a scenario.

The problem with Smith is his percentages. He shot only 45.8% last season, very low for a power forward, and was a dreadful 63% from the free-throw line. He probably takes too many three-point attempts as well, making only 28 of 109 last season (25.7%).

Smith isn’t nearly as strong as Gasol in shooting, though he averaged a commendable 3.9 assists last season. Gasol averaged 3.7 a game.

Like Smith, Gasol could use a fresh start with a new franchise.

He was part of the proposed Chris Paul trade in December that was vetoed by the NBA. He never dragged his feet after the trade was nixed, but his play suffered in accordance with Andrew Bynum’s improvement.

Gasol failed to make the All-Star team after three consecutive appearances and stalled in the playoffs, averaging 12.5 points and shooting 43% in the Lakers’ short-lived run.

Gasol was similarly small in playoff stats the previous year, averaging 13.1 points and 42% shooting as the Lakers were eliminated by Dallas in the West semifinals.

Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.9 points and 7.4 rebounds for Kentucky, which won the NCAA championship. Listed at 6-foot-7, Kidd-Gilchrist is projected to be one of the top five picks in the draft.

Banned

I hope is here.

@AlexKennedyNBA: Kyle Lowry is expecting to be traded in the next 24 hours, according to sources close to the point guard: http://t.co/0uw9M5sJ

Banned
    Mood

It looks like Jamal Crawford's hitting the open market.

Marc J. Spears (SpearsNBAYahoo) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Guard Jamal Crawford has officially sent his letter to the Portland Trail Blazers to become a free agent this summer.
    Exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    yeah...or that...either way....they are making a play for some major FrontCourt Players.
    Hibbert sign and trade? Please?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    It looks like Jamal Crawford's hitting the open market.

Marc J. Spears (SpearsNBAYahoo) on Twitter

Exciting stuff.
    Yeah.....Marc Spears....reporting the obvious.

I just PRAY that Bird/KP/DW are not interested in making a run at him AGAIN.....Bird didn't think that he was worth more than 2 years at $5 mil per season.....he took the same deal with a Player Option with Portland expecting to bolt for Free Agency and a sweeter deal in this offseason. I don't know what JCraw is hoping to get in the Free Agent Market...but I hope that the FO is considering it. I'd rather throw whatever money towards Brandon Roy....he'd be far more effective.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

http://nbadraft.net/draft-buzz-5

Promises, Promises

There have been a number of reported promises. None of which are consisdered set in stone. But some more likely than others. The Phoenix promise with Dion Waiters has the most legs. But there's speculation that it could also be Portland. Then again Portland could take Waiters at 11 regardless.

Austin Rivers at 10 is another rumor that seems to be gaining steam. The team is supposedly looking to take an OKC approach and blow the team up (they have already moved Okafor and Ariza) and could be looking to deal Eric Gordon as well. There are rumors that Gordon could be heading back to his home state, with the Pacers pushing to put a deal together.

Royce White to Boston. This one is another possibility but we've heard rumors that there may have been other reasons that White decided to shut down his workouts.
    Im trying to figure out if the writer is implying the Pacers are rumored to be making a push for Gordon, now?

DC, pick , another player . Dont see it happening but then again

Could KP actually Pritchslap David Stern
    Sittin on top of the world!

Don't know why anyone is talking about sign and trades. Free agency isn't even started. No idea how you could even negotiate a sign and trade before a guy can negotiate a salary.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Don't know why anyone is talking about sign and trades. Free agency isn't even started. No idea how you could even negotiate a sign and trade before a guy can negotiate a salary.
    Not sure whom you are refering to, but if its EG, isnt he a RFA? meaning no contract negotations, but the qualifying offer?
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://nbadraft.net/draft-buzz-5

Promises, Promises

Im trying to figure out if the writer is implying the Pacers are rumored to be making a push for Gordon, now?

DC, pick , another player . Dont see it happening but then again

Could KP actually Pritchslap David Stern
    Makes so little sense for them to trade Gordon. He's a young guy that could grow with Davis and their #10 pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I'm pretty sure agents and front offices can talk at any time.

would u trade... danny Dc and 26h for Eric Gordon and the 10th pick? then Draft Lillard. resign hib and hill and bass

Lillard/Hill
    Gordon/Hill
    PG/DJ/Gordon
    West/Bass
    Hib/ Backup center

one of the best young teams in the NBA right there

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Not sure whom you are refering to, but if its EG, isnt he a RFA? meaning no contract negotations, but the qualifying offer?
    There are still negotiations. The qualifying offer is just extended by the team they're on and that's what makes them restricted. However that qualifying offer is only used if no other deal is reached and the player chooses to sign it. I severely doubt Eric Gordon is going to accept a 1 year, 5.1 million dollar deal, or the Hornets wouldn't sign him for more than that. He isn't just forced to take it without any choice.

Demps would laugh at that offer

seriously

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Mood

Thumbs down Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    would u trade... danny Dc and 26h for Eric Gordon and the 10th pick? then Draft Lillard. resign hib and hill and bass

Lillard/Hill
    Gordon/Hill
    PG/DJ/Gordon
    West/Bass
    Hib/ Backup center

one of the best young teams in the NBA right there
    Yep. Can see the Hornets eating that up.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm pretty sure agents and front offices can talk at any time.
    I'm pretty sure there's no point when they don't know what the player is willing to accept. Who cares if the Pacers and Hornets agree to sign and trade Gordon around a 10 mil a year contract if Gordon doesn't agree to sign it? It's a waste of time.

This is a league where contracts have to fit under the cap, and/or be matched. How can you negotiate that without knowing what the salary will be?