Page 27 of 178 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we will "almost certainly" sell the pick for cash because we are loaded at every position. It's half hilarious half sad.
    If you are writing for nba.com and are using terms like "almost certainly", it better be more than just your personal opinion.
    Also, unless someone that the Pacers don't need seriously drops to the 26th spot....thus making the 26th spot valuable....I don't see DC having trade value that can net the Pacers a Lottery pick....maybe in the mid to late teens ( Budinger got the 18th pick, so why not )...but the 10th pick? DC just doesn't have that much value. The only way that I can see it is if a Team DESPERATELY needs a backup PG, Lillard is off the board ( likely ), Kendall Marshall is on the board and that Team is left to debate whether they want Marshall or DC as their Backup PG.

Another thing to consider.......unless the Pacers draft a PG ( Kendall Marshall? eh ) I don't see the Pacers moving DC before the July 1st when Free Agency starts. We'd technically have no PG on the roster ( GH and AJ are headed to Free Agency ) after July 1st.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-27-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

DA says the Pacers might sell the pick.... wow, let me make sure I get to one of those draft parties to celebrate that!! I'm sure the scouting dept would be estatic.

The notion that we're deep is hilarious.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now that Pritchard is on board w/ Pacers, where will he make his 1st trade on draft night?Chad Ford (2:40 PM)

Careful now. Donnie Walsh is there too and he has the final say on things. Two very different styles between him and Pritchard. I'm interested to see how that works. But both are crazy talented talent evaluators. I do think you could see them move Darren Collison to get in the Top 10.
    Be awesome if we could.
    One thing Ford forgot is this draft is ran by Bird/Pirtchard... DW can't b/c he's still under contract with NY. - I can see Bird wanting to do something big for his last adrenaline draft rush, and Pritchard is just the man to help him get his fix...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

There's more than 10 guys I really like in this draft, so depending on who it would be, that would be awesome.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    There's more than 10 guys I really like in this draft, so depending on who it would be, that would be awesome.
    I have 10 players that will go throughout the first round that I really really like, and Darius Odom or Robbie Hummell for the second round if we get a second.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

If we sell that pick, someone is getting punched in the face.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chandler was a restricted free agent within our price range (he signed for 5/$37M) just four months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Lots of teams calling Denver to trade for Nuggets' young players. 1of several moves being discussed: Wil Chandler to G State for 7th pick
    That's the real Chris Broussard, not the hoax.

Mood

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Houston has traded Sam Dalembert as part of a package to Milwaukee, league sources tell Y!
    Wonder what all is in the rest of the trade
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Wonder what all is in the rest of the trade
    never mind...

Dalembert and the 14th pick go the Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Brockman, sources tell Y!
    Why so SERIOUS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Shaun Livingston also goes to the Rockets as part of the package, sources tell Y!
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Shaun Livingston also goes to the Rockets as part of the package, sources tell Y!
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    Rockets picking up a lot of useless talent it seems, I expect them to make more trades
    Why so SERIOUS

billbradley

Whatever HOU is doing, can we get Scola somehow?

Always liked watching Scola play.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

damn first trade John Hammons has made in awhile I really like really good trade for the Bucks who literally have no C before this trade. I would have waited until tomorrow night to make sure no one drops to 12 that I like.

Scola is on a bad deal we basically have him in West but West is a better version.

Rockets are really trying to get Howard. They're insane.

I don't think the Pacers sell the pick for cash. I sure hope not.

I am almost certain that KP is high on having players on their rookie contracts who play in the rotation. The return on your investment is huge. I remember him (i'm pretty sure it was him) talk about how important it is to have guys in your rotation like that.

This is a deep draft. It is not loaded with future All-NBA 1rst team performers but it is deep. There will be decent players available at 26 if the Pacers can't move up. Trading the pick for cash would be stupid.

I get the impression a lot of people expect KP to make multiple moves or a big move tomorrow night. I doubt he does. This is a much different situation than what he had in Portland. Most of his time in Portland was spent rebuilding. He comes to a situation with the Pacers where the rebuilding has already been done. I fully expect him to "leave no stone un turned" as he said in the press conference today but I don't expect a major trade tomorrow night either.

Larry is still running the draft. Larry likes mature, experienced players. KP seems to like to roll the dice a bit more. It will be interesting to see what direction the Pacers go in. One thing that stuck out to me that Donnie said today, which I don't like, is he hinted that they may start to look to go smaller and more athletic. It will also be interesting to see if that plays a part in who the Pacers select.

There is talk of the Pacers trading up to grab Austin Rivers. I think this is possible and it makes some sense. First, this draft is weak on point guards. Collison is proven to be a capable starter. Austin Rivers doesn't look to be a star but he can fill it up and draws comparisons to OJ Mayo who the Pacers have been after. Since Bird is leaving maybe they don't go after OJ in particular but I think they still need that type of player. I know some believe it is a stretch to trade Collison and the 26th pick for a lottery pick but I don't think it is. We are talking late lottery, not within the first 5-6 picks. There is a big difference in the talent there.

In regards to trading Darren to move up and grab Rivers I will say that I think it would be a bad move to trade DC unless you have George Hill re-signed. However, I will not be surprised if the Pacers do indeed trade DC tomorrow night.

Some really want the Pacers to move up in the draft. I will be ok if they stay at 26 because there will be some decent players to choose from. Someone like Doron Lamb or John Jenkins could be selected to compete with Lance for Barbosa's minutes.

Banned
    Mood

Really good trade for Milwaukee. Dalembert's still one of the better centers in the league, so to pick him up while moving down just to spots in the middle of the first is excellent. If Dally works out, I could see him taking Milwaukee from a borderline playoff team to a sixth-seed-level team.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Scola is on a bad deal we basically have him in West but West is a better version.
    I think Scola is better than West and we only have West for one more year.

Scola is 8 mill this year, but goes to 2014 and ends at 11 mill.

Hm, I don't know. I guess the deal is too long, but I don't know. Scola is relentless.

Gasol to Atlanta for Josh Smith being discussed?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1057/josh-smith
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Varejao would be amazing off the bench love the way he plays

My X-factor player. Plays 4/5 with energy and plays great "D".

He would be great off our bench. Could play well with West and Roy both. I just don't see us landing him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Also, unless someone that the Pacers don't need seriously drops to the 26th spot....thus making the 26th spot valuable....I don't see DC having trade value that can net the Pacers a Lottery pick....maybe in the mid to late teens ( Budinger got the 18th pick, so why not )...but the 10th pick? DC just doesn't have that much value. The only way that I can see it is if a Team DESPERATELY needs a backup PG, Lillard is off the board ( likely ), Kendall Marshall is on the board and that Team is left to debate whether they want Marshall or DC as their Backup PG.

Another thing to consider.......unless the Pacers draft a PG ( Kendall Marshall? eh ) I don't see the Pacers moving DC before the July 1st when Free Agency starts. We'd technically have no PG on the roster ( GH and AJ are headed to Free Agency ) after July 1st.

Have you forgotten the lottery includes picks 11-14? I could see Portland possibly interested at #11 since they need a PG. Maybe the Suns at #13 with Nash leaving. These teams need an experienced PG not a rookie starting PG if they have any aspirations of getting into the playoffs next year.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 06-27-2012 at 04:14 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Whatever HOU is doing, can we get Scola somehow?

Always liked watching Scola play.
    I suspect that they are clearing Capspace to make a run at Hibbert. I can see them dealing some of their multiple picks for Josh Smith....then sending Lowry packing to clear some additional Capspace while acquiring additional assets....and then offering MAX contract offer to Hibbert.

Get the "Is Hibbert worth the MAX?" thread going....cuz...like it or not....we are headed there.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-27-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I suspect that they are clearing Capspace to make a run at Hibbert. I can see them dealing some of their multiple picks for Josh Smith....then sending Lowry packing to clear some additional Capspace while acquiring additional assets....and then offering MAX contract offer to Hibbert.
    Oh... No.....

[QUOTE=GrangeRusHibbert;1464356]

Chandler was a restricted free agent within our price range (he signed for 5/$37M) just four months ago./QUOTE]

You could have gone all day w/o reminding me of that! I wanted him so badly in a Pacers uni.