Page 23 of 178 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #551
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent Brandon Roy.

    oh **** please come B roy

    Pacers executive Kevin Pritchard made a draft day deal for Roy in 2006 as Blazers GM, and his relationship could play a pivotal part in Indiana's recruitment of Roy, sources said. Roy trusts Pritchard, and values the fact that he brought him to Portland.
    What a great move that would be.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  2. #552
    Child Of Scorn MnvrChvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    419

    Default

    If Roy would come here, I'd offer to share some of my cartilage!

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:


  4. #553
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If Brandon Roy's knees would allow him to play 10-15 minutes a night he could help the Pacers. But long term I don't expect anything near the player he once was. But definately worth a shot.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  6. #554
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    The full Yahoo! Sports article...

    Brandon Roy's top suitors are Bulls, Mavs, Pacers and T'wolves, sources say - Yahoo! Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Wojnarowski
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NEW YORK – As ex-Portland Trail Blazer Brandon Roy plans his comeback to the NBA, the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers and Minnesota Timberwolves have emerged as serious suitors to sign the former All-Star guard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

    Roy's recovery from chronic knee problems has been recently spurred by undergoing the platelet rich plasma therapy procedure that Lakers star Kobe Bryant popularized with NBA players, sources said. The blood spinning procedure gave profound relief to the knees of Bryant, Tracy McGrady and baseball star Alex Rodriguez.

    The Golden State Warriors have also expressed strong interest with Roy. The Warriors' general manager, Bob Myers, was Roy's agent with the Wasserman Media Group.

    After Portland doctors pushed Roy to stop playing in 2011, the Blazers used the league's new amnesty provision to pay him the remaining $63 million on his contract and made Roy a free agent. He's been working out for several months and planning a return.

    Pacers executive Kevin Pritchard made a draft day deal for Roy in 2006 as Blazers GM, and his relationship could play a pivotal part in Indiana's recruitment of Roy, sources said. Roy trusts Pritchard, and values the fact that he brought him to Portland. Nevertheless, Roy hasn't begun the process of narrowing his list of possibilities. After Thursday's draft, more teams could express interest with him.

    Roy played five often fabulous seasons for the Blazers, where he became a two-time All-Star and one of the NBA's best and most popular young players. The chronic knee injuries started to take a toll in his final two seasons, and Roy struggled to play 47 games in the 2010-11 season before Portland used the amnesty clause after the lockout. In his five seasons, Roy averaged 19 points per game.

    Several teams could be willing to use their full-mid level exception for Roy, sources said. 1500-AM Radio in Minneapolis reported that the Wolves were prepared to make Roy a two-year contract offer.

    Roy couldn't re-sign with Portland until the 2014-'15 season under the amnesty rules, but that relationship didn't sever without some acrimony and there would be significant mending that needed to happen between the organization and Roy.
    Last edited by Lance George; 06-26-2012 at 01:34 AM.

  7. #555
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Several teams could be willing to use their full-mid level exception for Roy, sources said.
    full midlevel seems quite pricy, though. We'd be out of any Dragic, Nash, etc chase.

  8. #556
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    full midlevel seems quite risky, though. And we'd be out of any Dragic, Nash, etc chase.
    Hopefully the relationship with Pritchard could help us get him without using the full MLE
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  9. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    We need a Brandon Roy Hibbert to go with our Paul George Hill.

  10. #558
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,641

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually i think its horrible for the Wolves i hate Martin as a player plays zero defense
    The mass migration of former Adelman Players to the TWolves has begun. Watch Budinger end up on the TWolves next.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  12. #559
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,945

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Don't overpay for history of awful knees, please, without being damn sure of legit ability to impact positively and take the pounding.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  13. #560
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,749

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UNPOSSIBLE.

    Nash is white, therefore his only concern is being unselfish, winning in a small market, and taking unnecessary pay cuts.
    Why do you say such unnecessary and degrading things. It doesn't make you look clever, that is for sure.

  14. #561
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,326

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Lack of Pacer rumors is disheartening. I don't want a boring draft where the Pacers take Green at 26 and make no moves. I just hope that the Pacers are just great at not leaking info.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  15. #562

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Houston just traded Chase Budinger to Minnesota for the 18th pick

    https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...17053606084608

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  17. #563

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston just traded Chase Budinger to Minnesota for the 18th pick

    https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...17053606084608

    That gives them the #14, 16, & 18 picks now. Looks like they are trying to put a package together for a possible Howard trade.

  18. #564
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston just traded Chase Budinger to Minnesota for the 18th pick

    https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...17053606084608
    Collecting picks to move up/ put together a deal w/ ORL for Howard (rumored)?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  19. #565

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    They package #14 and #16 to move up to #5 and then they trade Lowry & #18 for the #10, trade those 2 top 10 picks along with some players for Howard.

  20. #566

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Sota also got the rights to some Israeli dude, Lior Eliyahu. He's 26 and signed a 5 year deal with Maccabi Tel Aviv in 2010.

  21. #567
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,530

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I need to start following Woj's twitter, he'll break tons of trades, he does it during the deadline too.

  22. #568

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    DraftExpress said Lior Eliyahu will play on Sota's summer league squad. I know nothing at all about him, but they say the guy has a real shot of being on the Timberwolves next season.

  23. #569
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collecting picks to move up/ put together a deal w/ ORL for Howard (rumored)?
    They now have ammo to get Drummond if they want him rumor is they really like him. Mcale better be a miracle worker dude is a ways away from just being ok.

  24. #570

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    #18 for a decent back-up is promising news for us to use a combination of #26, DC and/or Hans to trade up.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:


  26. #571
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #18 for a decent back-up is promising news for us to use a combination of #26, DC and/or Hans to trade up.
    It was Minnesota so I would not put much thought into it...
    Why so SERIOUS

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  28. #572
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I would rather have Budinger than the 18th pick, especially if I had a team filled with score only youngsters.

    As far as I'm concerned, Budinger is about on the same level as Collison as a player. The kind of guy you'll always want to replace if they're a starter but someone you love to have as one of the first 3 guys off the bench.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  29. #573

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Oh, there are so many different directions the Pacers could go. I could see reasonable justifications for everything from almost standing pat to moving a number of parts both big and small.

    I don't discount the argument from those who say that it isn't a PG upgrade we need, but an offensive threat to allow a PG to really facilitate. On the other hand, though, PG (and center) are not easy positions to adequately fill. If a player like Lowry is obtainable, I think it should be done.

  30. #574
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Anybody else think Bird's departure makes us less likely to pick Draymond Green? He seems like a Bird pick, but not a Walsh/Pritchard pick at all.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  31. #575
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

    Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.
    https://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress/

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •