Page 22 of 178 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Draymond Green and trading for Jamal Crawford would both be extremely disappointing to me. Green just isn't good enough for the NBA. Yeah he's smart, a good guy, good leadership, but he won't be able physically to compete in the NBA.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Draymond Green and trading for Jamal Crawford would both be extremely disappointing to me. Green just isn't good enough for the NBA. Yeah he's smart, a good guy, good leadership, but he won't be able physically to compete in the NBA.
    Agreed id be extremely disappointed if we picked either of these guys up

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...jph2gYwnosNoGM

Nash says money is a big factor in decision

Larry should be calling him everyday. Let's give him a David West-like contract and be done with it.

Bill Ingram
    It’s not that no superstar wants to play there, it’s that they are looking to develop that star internally. The smaller market teams can’t afford to just go buy talent, and they’ve done a solid job of avoiding that path so far. They’re not looking for a superstar, just someone who can create their own shot. Courtney Lee and OJ Mayo are two of their top targets.

is it OJ mayo part 4 i cant remember ?

Courtney Lee will never play here. He is from Indy and has said some less than nice things about Indy on Twitter. Yet he loves living in Houston, which I think sucks as a city. Houston to me is the least desirable large city in the United States. So whatever.

BTW, please don't draft Draymond Green. The Pacers are full of really good locker room guys. Ugh, just draft the most talented guy on the board. With a pick this late in the first round, I really wouldn't mind taking a Shawne Williams-like risk (of course with a different results in mind) unless there is a solid pass-first PG on the board.
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Bill Ingram
    It’s not that no superstar wants to play there, it’s that they are looking to develop that star internally. The smaller market teams can’t afford to just go buy talent, and they’ve done a solid job of avoiding that path so far. They’re not looking for a superstar, just someone who can create their own shot. Courtney Lee and OJ Mayo are two of their top targets.

is it OJ mayo part 4 i cant remember ?
    Can someone tell me what they mean when a Player can "create their own shot"?

Whenever I see Players like Courtney Lee or Mayo....I just see them as scorers. I don't see anything special about what they can do on the offensivce end compared to other Wing Players.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

Whenever I see Players like Courtney Lee or Mayo....I just see them as scorers. I don't see anything special about what they can do on the offensivce end compared to other Wing Players.
    A guy you can isolate for end of quarter/game situations, or a player that can run an effective pick n roll and can handle the ball well enough and see the floor well enough to make the right play... that's my definition.

I agree that neither really fits the bill.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roger Brown

more recently and less team oriented.... Allen Iverson.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

No Lee, no Crawford, no Mayo. I would much rather draft a go-to scorer than trade or sign one with their own share of problems. However, I'd rather have any of those three instead of no one.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

I like what CJ Jones said. It's someone that you can give the ball to in an iso situation and that can get a good shot/look that's well within their means. Obviously, anyone can take a few dribbles and take a shot, but it's the efficiency of the shot that's important too even if they don't always hit it.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

No, Mayo and Lee cannot create that well.

To answer your question, it usually takes someone who has all three weapons:

1. the outside shot
    2. the one or two dribble pull up midrange shot
    3. can drive well.

They need to have good handles. And, of course, they need to be able to make the baskets. (For example, Lance is by far the best creator on our team, he just hasn't figured out the finishing part just yet.)

The P's best creator right now is David West, imo. Collison is a close second. Granger is lacking in #2. Same with Hill.

Among the all time greats are Jordan, Kobe, Ginobli, Pierce, DWade, and now LeBron. But there are non superstars who are quite good at it: Crawford, Terry, ZBo, Billups to name a few.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind: Portland has asked Jamal Crawford to wait before opting out of the 2nd year of his contract so that they can try to find a trade that both POR and JC would be happy with. If so, JC would sign off on it and NOT opt out of the final year of that contract and agree to be traded. If it's true the Pacers still want him, and if JC still is interested in playing here (maybe not after how it didn't work out last summer), I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade the 26 for him.
    I wouldn't trade #26 straight up for a player you may just be able to sign outright when he opts out, while keeping your pick. It's different to trade pick for restricted free agent in a year like Hill, but no a 1st round pick for UFA.

Perhaps Crawford is added to #11 pick and a 2nd rounder for #26 DC and Tyler, or something like that.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Source: Timberwolves set to offer contract to free agent Brandon Roy | ESPN Twin Cities

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wolfson
    Brandon Roy was nearly a Timberwolf in 2006, but general manager Kevin McHale traded his rights on draft night for Randy Foye and cash.

Six years later, a new regime has genuine interest in making Roy a permanent fixture in Minnesota.

According to two league sources, the Wolves plan on making the three-time All-Star a two-year contract offer. The money is unknown.

Roy, 27, sat out the 2011-2012 season because he lacks cartilage between the bones of both of his knees. He would likely have to pass an extensive physical before signing anywhere.

While still a clear injury concern, he is training hard in his hometown of Seattle to make a comeback. Roy is free to sign anywhere at anytime, not held to the traditional NBA free agency rules. Having been amnestied, Roy and his representative are free to engage teams currently.

Roy will sign somewhere in the foreseeable future, and there's a strong belief that he'll favor a championship contender, not a cusp-playoff team. Roy went as far as to use friend Will Conroy's Twitter account on June 15 to announce his desire to return.

Wolves assistant coach Bill Bayno, who got to know Roy well when he worked on the Portland bench in two separate stints in the last few years, has been the driving force in Minnesota's interest. He's done enough to convince head coach Rick Adelman that the risk is worth it. The last hurdle, sources say, was to convince president of basketball operations David Kahn. That apparently recently happened.

The Wolves are doing a lot of nit-picking with agents. Sources maintain that they have had constant dialogue with European free agent guard Alexey Schved and his agent. Scout Pete Philo, based in Europe, is said to be a big fan. Schved, like Roy, is free to sign right now.

The Wolves also remain interested in guard Jamal Crawford according to league sources. Crawford could be moved by Portland during Thursday's draft. If not, he'll opt-out of his contract and become a free agent this summer. The Wolves nearly signed him in December, and then came close to a acquiring him in a trade in March.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...jph2gYwnosNoGM

Nash says money is a big factor in decision

UNPOSSIBLE.

Nash is white, therefore his only concern is being unselfish, winning in a small market, and taking unnecessary pay cuts.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    UNPOSSIBLE.

Nash is white, therefore his only concern is being unselfish, winning in a small market, and taking unnecessary pay cuts.
    but he's also a Canadian, so he's bound to act against common sense.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    UNPOSSIBLE.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

@ChrisMannixSI: Several league execs believe Indiana and Brooklyn will match any offers for Roy Hibbert/Brook Lopez
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    @ChrisMannixSI: Several league execs believe Indiana and Brooklyn will match any offers for Roy Hibbert/Brook Lopez

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL at anyone offering big money for Brook Lopez.

Mood

Being Discussed: Kevin Martin to the Timberwolves for the No. 18 pick http://dlvr.it/1mRvKH

If that happens, there goes trying to trade DC for a latte lottery pick, value of draft ppicks would jump. (hopefully another young piece or 2 would be going to the Rockets)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

33. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post

If that happens, there goes trying to trade DC for a latte lottery pick, value of draft ppicks would jump. (hopefully another young piece or 2 would be going to the Rockets)
    Indeed, the pick alone like a horrible deal for the Rockets. Maybe they'd get something like Anthony Randolph or Beasley rights.

Actually i think its horrible for the Wolves i hate Martin as a player plays zero defense

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Indeed, the pick alone like a horrible deal for the Rockets. Maybe they'd get something like Anthony Randolph or Beasley rights.

Not if the are looking for cap... possibly for a Howard push?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Not if the are looking for cap... possibly for a Howard push?
    yes, i actually was about to post that, it took me a while to put it together. It smells like a pure Howard push. Cap exception + #18 for Turkoglu probably looks much better for the Magic than Kevin Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Actually i think its horrible for the Wolves i hate Martin as a player plays zero defense
    That may be, but he's a major upgrade for them. Rubio-Martin would be insane offensively. Rubio can actually defend the better guard, as long as he comes back fine.
    If they pull this off, they'll start Love and 3 very good, close to all star starters next year.
    Ideally, they also find another good defensive wing. That can be a playoff team.
    Last edited by ballism; 06-26-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent Brandon Roy.

oh **** please come B roy

Pacers executive Kevin Pritchard made a draft day deal for Roy in 2006 as Blazers GM, and his relationship could play a pivotal part in Indiana's recruitment of Roy, sources said. Roy trusts Pritchard, and values the fact that he brought him to Portland.

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post: