Page 21 of 178 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Fournier is the only other guy I remember being mentioned as being brought in a 2nd time. (Larry didn't see his first workout)
    Yeah.....recall that....but I'm not considering that one as a "2nd round of auditions" for Bird.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Yeah.....recall that....but I'm not considering that one as a "2nd round of auditions" for Bird.
    Fournier, Green, Taylor, and Barton are all projected to go in the 20's - so these guys are in audition/battle for if we keep pick #26
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...l-ingram-62512

I wonder if a trade centered around Danny Granger/Darren Collison #26 pick, for Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry and the #14 pick would be of mutal interest

Would you make that trade? I think I would have to think long and hard about it but if the number worked an werent too bad, I might pull the trigger on that one, maybe even get them to throw in Dalembert

The Pacers don't need K-Mart. He's terrible at playing "D"! Not to mention Smashmouth BB is far from his forte. 2 seasons ago he was discussed to death, and nothing about his game has changed. The only upside to getting K-Mart is he's a 12.5 mil expiring. Other than that, thanks but no thanks.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    No!!! I want no part of Green. Will Barton on the other hand I would love he or Scott Machado need to be the pick imo
    Although this is from nbadraft.net....here is the profile of Draymond Green:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/draymond-green

NBA Comparison: Luke Harangody/Jared Dudley

Strengths: The ultimate "Glue Guy", Green's strongest asset is his ability to contribute across the board ... He has a substantial wingspan with a strong frame, and is unafraid to bang with bigger bodies ... Good-looking shooter when his feet are set and he catches/releases in rhythm ... Can stretch the floor with NBA 3-point range ... His vision, passing and ability to facilitate out of the post make it difficult for off-ball defenders to keep their eyes on their man and the ball at the same time ... Reliable mid-range jumper ... Green is slippery with his back to the basket, with the ability to spin baseline or turn across the lane for the finish ... Terrific rebounder thanks to the combination of an aggressive motor and soft hands ... Unselfish and timely passer ... Overachiever. High basketball IQ ... Makes those around him better, possesses sense of maturity and leadership qualities ...

Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ...

Overall: The Big-Ten Player of the Year, Green has a number of likeable qualities, but not one specific skill that a team may be seeking ... He's a low-risk/low-reward pick considering his role-player potential and ability to fit in ... His ceiling dances around the mid-20s, where a playoff can use him right away to compliment its better players ...
    A "Glue-Guy" is totally the type of Player that I can see Bird thinking that this Team needs and is the type of Player that compliments. He's not all "flash and glitter" with a super high ceiling...but he appears to be someone that can help the Team immediately.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I would not be surprised if the player we pick was not at this workout, I bet these players are being considered, but definitely not the only ones.

It is hard to read anything with draft process, they could be doing this to get a better read on these guys, they could be using this put up a smoke screen, they could be guys they plan to trade into the 2nd for if they fall that far, you never know.

Just wondering who is the last player that we brought in for a 2nd workout that we drafted?
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    I would not be surprised if the player we pick was not at this workout, I bet these players are being considered, but definitely not the only ones.

It is hard to read anything with draft process, they could be doing this to get a better read on these guys, they could be using this put up a smoke screen, they could be guys they plan to trade into the 2nd for if they fall that far, you never know.

Just wondering who is the last player that we brought in for a 2nd workout that we drafted?
    Every one that has been brought in appear to be Players that have been slated to go from the late teens to the early 2nd round ( basically the Tier 5 and 6 guys from Ford's list ).

I am guessing that if we did draft someone that Bird did not work out...it would have been a Player that simply drops ( as in Tier 4 guys ).

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post

I think it was either Paul Georg or Tyler Hansbrough
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Every one that has been brought in appear to be Players that have been slated to go from the late teens to the early 2nd round ( basically the Tier 5 and 6 guys from Ford's list ).

I am guessing that if we did draft someone that Bird did not work out...it would have been a Player that simply drops ( as in Tier 4 guys ).
    Or we trade up.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Fournier, Green, Taylor, and Barton are all projected to go in the 20's - so these guys are in audition/battle for if we keep pick #26
    Although Ford has them going in the 20s in the 1st round....depending on the Mock Draft that you look at.....all of them go anywhere from the 20s to the early 2nd round.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Although this is from nbadraft.net....here is the profile of Draymond Green:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/draymond-green

A "Glue-Guy" is totally the type of Player that I can see Bird thinking that this Team needs and is the type of Player that compliments. He's not all "flash and glitter" with a super high ceiling...but he appears to be someone that can help the Team immediately.
    I have watched the kid 30+ times in college have a good feel for his game. I want no part of Green on the Pacers this is a guy me and Fran Fraschilla really agree on. I think at best is a 9th man who is a good teammate and stays in the league due to being a good teammate and being able to PnP a bit. I see him having a very DJ White, Brian Cook type NBA career not good at all but a roster filler.

I hope he proves me wrong I just dont like his game at all for the NBA hell of a college player though.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I think he was only brought in cause Bird didn't see him.

However, if the Pacers take Green and Quincy Miller is still on the board, I'd be disappointed for sure.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Another thing to keep in mind: Portland has asked Jamal Crawford to wait before opting out of the 2nd year of his contract so that they can try to find a trade that both POR and JC would be happy with. If so, JC would sign off on it and NOT opt out of the final year of that contract and agree to be traded. If it's true the Pacers still want him, and if JC still is interested in playing here (maybe not after how it didn't work out last summer), I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade the 26 for him.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind: Portland has asked Jamal Crawford to wait before opting out of the 2nd year of his contract so that they can try to find a trade that both POR and JC would be happy with. If so, JC would sign off on it and NOT opt out of the final year of that contract and agree to be traded. If it's true the Pacers still want him, and if JC still is interested in playing here (maybe not after how it didn't work out last summer), I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade the 26 for him.
    I did not realize that Portland requested him to wait, this actually makes sense for everyone if this happened.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I did not realize that Portland requested him to wait, this actually makes sense for everyone if this happened.
    His agent probably requested it without a trade he doesn't get Bird rights. I doubt we trade for him cause we dont need his Bird rights to sign him outright(I hope to god we dont sign him trading for him would make me double pissed. But a team like the Heat or others who dont have cap room would need the Bird rights to sign him to a deal he would like.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

However, if the Pacers take Green and Quincy Miller is still on the board, I'd be disappointed for sure.

You and me both! I've got a few players, who if available at #26, I'd like to see the Pacers draft and Quincy Miller is one of them. I have absolutely no desire for Draymond Green... none.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I really hope not.....I know that Bird loves to latch onto Players and not forget about them....but a 2 year contract wasn't good enough last season on a comprable ( if not potentially better ) Team.....cuz he wanted to get paid.....what is he going to want now that he's a Free Agent again? does he want a 3 year contract?

Cuz I don't see Bird giving him one.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Great insight. I just hope it doesn't happen. "PLEASE" Mr. Bird no Chucker Crawford!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Gosh I hope not.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/2...pick.14.and.16

After the first nine picks, things start to break down a little bit. The Hornets can go in a lot of directions and also are exploring trades. Sources say they offered the Rockets the 10th pick for Nos. 14 and 16 but were turned down last week.

If they keep the pick, they really need help at center, point guard and small forward. Although Rivers doesn't fill any of those positions, I'm told the Hornets have been enamored with him. Tyler Zeller, Jeremy Lamb and Moe Harkless are other possibilities here.

Nash is "open to everything" and in no way "off the table" for us:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...pen-everything

"It sounds like a company line, but my situation really right now is I'm open to everything," the Phoenix Suns point guard told ESPN NewYork 98.7's Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on Monday, "and I will definitely look at every situation that comes my way on Sunday, and I'm not going to close myself to any opportunities."

Git er done, Larry!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Nash is "open to everything" and in no way "off the table" for us:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...pen-everything

"It sounds like a company line, but my situation really right now is I'm open to everything," the Phoenix Suns point guard told ESPN NewYork 98.7's Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on Monday, "and I will definitely look at every situation that comes my way on Sunday, and I'm not going to close myself to any opportunities."

Git er done, Larry!
    Best news I've heard all day.

As for Crawford for #26, no thanks. I'd rather just wait for him to opt out.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Mood

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...jph2gYwnosNoGM
    I definitely feel I want to be validated monetarily to an extent,’’ Nash said. “It’s still very important. I think money in many ways represents respect. For example, if you sign with a team and take half or less money, six months later they trade you. It has to be one of the factors. It’s not everything but it is important and will be one of the factors involved.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz1yq0MM9d6

Nash says money is a big factor in decision

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

P4E... Your smileys completely mocked my reaction to the quote.

Mood

Yup, but I am talking about a player that is not at this workout coming up on Tuesday, but honestly the only tier 4 guy I could see falling to us is Sullinger and that is no guarantee, more likely a tier 5 falls to us, such as Teague and Wroten, I would even be surprised if Q.Miller or Fab fell to us, I think the others have no shot of falling that far.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I think it was either Paul Georg or Tyler Hansbrough
    I actually do not think either did
    Why so SERIOUS