Page 20 of 178 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Numerous reports have indicated that Steve Nash is strongly considering signing with the Raptors.
    Nash can't talk to the Raptors until July 1st. If he doesn't know what their offer is how can he be STRONGLY considering them?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Nash can't talk to the Raptors until July 1st. If he doesn't know what their offer is how can he be STRONGLY considering them?
    Because he can already know what destinations sound good to him based on what he already knows and what he and/or his agent can reasonably expect an offer to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post

Why would they want DC when they will have one of Lowry or Dragic ?

Who will be their b/u PG? Insurance against an injury, just like when Lowry was injured last season they had Dragic.

[QUOTE=imbtyler;1462543]

that Bird was talking about Perry Jones III as far as missing out on a player who went back to school. QUOTE]

It could just as easily have been Terrence Jones from KY. He decided not to enter the draft and stayed at KY to win a championship.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interestingly...looking at the 37 Players that have been worked out, according to the Pacers website.....there are only 6 that are listed as either a PF/C or a Center....the vast majority of the Players worked out are Guards and Forwards.

I am guessing that if we do not move up....that we will look to draft any body but a Center.....unless Fab Melo or Sullinger falls. This means that if we are looking to fill the Backup Center spot....I would assume that Bird will be looking to fill that need via Free Agency or via trade.

What Backup Centers are available ( Amundson doesn't count as one )?
    It only takes one guy to like at any position, also if you want to look at it that way, later in the rounds there are not more bigs compared to guards so that would already swing the numbers, and some guys that were brought in are guys that will be looked at as UDFA types.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    It only takes one guy to like at any position, also if you want to look at it that way, later in the rounds there are not more bigs compared to guards so that would already swing the numbers, and some guys that were brought in are guys that will be looked at as UDFA types.
    I'm just thinking that Bird and Company seems to be putting most of their research from the draft into any other position other than the Center position.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm just thinking that Bird and Company seems to be putting most of their research from the draft into any other position other than the Center position.

What Center is available at #26? Festus Elezi a late 1st pick? Miles Plumlee & Henry Sims in the 2nd round? Maybe Fez is just better than those picks, so maybe Bird sees no need to look at Centers in this draft unless he can move up to get Meyers Leonard or Tyler Zeller, which isn't highly likely.

Wings are a dime a dozen in this draft, so it stands to reason a good % of players the Pacers have looked at are wings. If the Pacers keep the #26, it might just be the BPA picked which could be a wing which is why so many have had workouts. It boils down to working out what is available whether it's a position of need or not.

Then do the Pacers really need another Hill, Barbosa, Dahntay, or Stephenson? If they do, then where does that put Bird's pet project Stephenson?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...l-ingram-62512

Zach

Who do you think the Pacers take with the 26th pick? Other than resigning Hibbert and Hill what should be the Pacers top priority this off season?

Bill Ingram

Their top priority is finding a scoring 2-guard who can create his own shot. They would also possibly work a deal that landed someone like Kyle Lowry if he were to be available. They lost to Miami because they had to run plays to get baskets, and the Heat were sitting on all of their plays. Indy needs to inject some creativity and unpredictability into their lineup.

Nick

Where do you see the Indiana Pacers getting their Superstar from? They seem so close to a championship and yet it still seems no superstar wants to play for Indy.

Bill Ingram

It’s not that no superstar wants to play there, it’s that they are looking to develop that star internally. The smaller market teams can’t afford to just go buy talent, and they’ve done a solid job of avoiding that path so far. They’re not looking for a superstar, just someone who can create their own shot. Courtney Lee and OJ Mayo are two of their top targets.
    I wonder if a trade centered around Danny Granger/Darren Collison #26 pick, for Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry and the #14 pick would be of mutal interest

Would you make that trade? I think I would have to think long and hard about it but if the number worked an werent too bad, I might pull the trigger on that one, maybe even get them to throw in Dalembert
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

@timkawakami
    - Deng/Ws short-hand: He's too valuable for Bulls to give up without getting Klay or Curry + 7 pick; he's too hurt for GSWs to offer all that.

Interesting... I love Danny, and wouldn't trade him unless it's a move where we would at least be better off in 2 seasons. This would be tempting. (may have to add TH in it)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...l-ingram-62512

I wonder if a trade centered around Danny Granger/Darren Collison #26 pick, for Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry and the #14 pick would be of mutal interest

Would you make that trade? I think I would have to think long and hard about it but if the number worked an werent too bad, I might pull the trigger on that one, maybe even get them to throw in Dalembert
    I think this trade would make us a much more versatile offensive team. Unfortunately, it'd also make us a worse defensive team (K-Mart plays bad defense). All in all, I do this trade with the hopes of hitting it big with the 14th pick.

Id definitely strongly consider it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=2012206230350

Bird values his scouts’ opinions on potential players, but he’s the one who has the final say on who they select once the Pacers are on the clock come draft night.

“We like to make sure we’re prepared for anything,” Carr said. “If Larry comes in and says we’ve traded up to No. 5 or 15, we like to make sure we have all the information for the players supposed to go in that area. You want to be able to make a wise decision.”
    Think a scout let something slip there with the trading up for the 5 or 15 pick comment?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=2012206230350

Think a scout let something slip there with the trading up for the 5 or 15 pick comment?
    I don't think so. #5 is the lottery pick area, 15 pick is entering the middle of the draft, and the Pacers are already in the bottom portion of the draft at pick #26. He was likely just covering his bases as the draft has three layers.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I don't think so. #5 is the lottery pick area, 15 pick is entering the middle of the draft, and the Pacers are already in the bottom portion of the draft at pick #26. He was likely just covering his bases as the draft has three layers.
    Yeah, but doesn't it make you think it's more likely Bird trades up rather than trading out of the draft entirely? It does to me.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

My money is on either moving down or out or picking at 26. They've talked extensively in post year pressers how they value growing the team together and how good teams keep the same core and just get better and take more steps each year.

IF they move up, I'll be really excited because I think, they think they are doing it for a really, really good player. I don't think they have any interest in just rearranging the deck chairs.

Completely just my opinion area...

My feeling is they are probably offering DC and the 26 to try to get in lottery, I also think thats not nearly enough. Wouldn't surprise me if Hansbroughs name is being thrown around, as well.

Only thing I don't know if they really believe Danny is holding Paul George back and that Paul's eventual position is Small Forward, that could be a wild card. Even then, I don't think you get enough value from Danny. I think he means more to this team than what you can get for him, probably. I mean is Paul George ready to take over the small forward spot full-time? I don't think so, he's probably another year or two away from that, if it happens.

The other wild card is if teams are going to start realize the punitive nature of the new CBA yet or not. It really doesn't seem like it, yet. That seems to be a chance to steal some talent, as well.

So, if they can get someone to give more than what the market would typically indicate, ya they could do some things, I just don't think it will happen.
    Last edited by Speed; 06-25-2012 at 01:03 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post

Interesting... I love Danny, and wouldn't trade him unless it's a move where we would at least be better off in 2 seasons. This would be tempting. (may have to add TH in it)
    Before you consider this......the Warriors don't have too much SalaryCap Space left in the 2012-2013 season. That means that the Pacers would have to take back a big Contract from the Warriors in order to make the #s work.

The only big Contracts that would likely fit ( just to make the trade work from a SalaryCap POV ) would be RJeff ( owed $22 mil over the next 2 seasons / roughly $10-11 mil per season ) and Biedrins ( owed $18 mil over the next 2 seasons / $9 mil per season)....both of which would easily translate to a "PASS" for me.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    . . . I wonder if a trade centered around Danny Granger/Darren Collison #26 pick, for Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry and the #14 pick would be of mutal interest

if i were the rockets, i'd take it and not look back. It makes them much better. and they get the best player in the deal. Which is the opposite of what i think the Pacers should be looking for. Pacers need to be making trades where they get back the best player, not sending him away.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    if i were the rockets, i'd take it and not look back. It makes them much better. and they get the best player in the deal. Which is the opposite of what i think the Pacers should be looking for. Pacers need to be making trades where they get back the best player, not sending him away.
    I agree that Danny is the better player, but when the talent gap is as close as it is between two players, it's more about having players that fit together better. DG and PG do not compliment one another all that well. With this trade we would recieve a player that better compliments PG, an upgrade at the point, and a chance to draft a talented player right outside of the lottery.

Not saying it's a no brainer, but you think bout it.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    My money is on either moving down or out or picking at 26. They've talked extensively in post year pressers how they value growing the team together and how good teams keep the same core and just get better and take more steps each year.

IF they move up, I'll be really excited because I think, they think they are doing it for a really, really good player. I don't think they have any interest in just rearranging the deck chairs.
    I don't think that we'd trade completely out of the draft....but will likely draft someone on Thursday. This Team has a lot of weaknesses to address in the 2nd unit. Given the likelihood that the FO will try to be as smart as possible when it comes to spending the remaining SalaryCap space....I'd think that with the depth and quality in this draft that one could fill some of those needs through the draft at a relatively low cost.

Depending on how you look at the draft....this need presents both good and bad considerations when it comes to the draft. A "bad" consideration when you know that we pretty much need more talent in the 2nd unit at most positions ( IMHO, with GH and DC in the rotation...backup SG and PG being the least worrisome but could stand some improvement )...but a "good" consideration when you consider that you can still draft the BPA and still fill one of those positions of need in the 2nd unit.

Chad Ford's Mock 9.0 is out. Also, Andy Katz says via twitter that Sullinger wasn't invited to the green room. Fuel to the fire, the more I think about it, I really want a ticked off Sullinger here. Anyone see who Ford has the Pacers taking this go round?

http://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz

Indiana Pacers- Draymond Green

Analysis: The Pacers have a big workout scheduled for Tuesday with Green, Will Barton, Kim English and Jeff Taylor which could decide the No. 26 pick. I'm hearing increasingly that the Pacers are very high on Green. He's a smart, tough player who can come in and fill a need immediately for Indiana. Larry Bird has made similar picks in years past and done OK with them. I don't think Green slides past here. If he's off the board, Barton could be the guy.

For the record, Ford has Wroten Jr., Melo, and Teague all drafted the 3 consecutive picks before the Pacers. The 4 picks following our's are Jeff Taylor, Evan Fournier, Will Barton, and Quincy Miller. Also he has Sullinger at 19 to the Magic and Kendall Marshall at 20 to the Nuggets.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Yeah, but doesn't it make you think it's more likely Bird trades up rather than trading out of the draft entirely? It does to me.
    Certainly, by all indications, I think we're looking to making a move from our current spot. Whether that's moving the pick for a veteran or packaging one of our own and the pick to move up, I'd say there's probably a 65% chance we don't end up making the pick at #26. Of course, I have no inside information on that, it's just a gut feeling.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post

Analysis: The Pacers have a big workout scheduled for Tuesday with Green, Will Barton, Kim English and Jeff Taylor which could decide the No. 26 pick. I'm hearing increasingly that the Pacers are very high on Green. He's a smart, tough player who can come in and fill a need immediately for Indiana. Larry Bird has made similar picks in years past and done OK with them. I don't think Green slides past here. If he's off the board, Barton could be the guy.

For the record, Ford has Wroten Jr., Melo, and Teague all drafted the 3 consecutive picks before the Pacers. The 4 picks following our's are Jeff Taylor, Evan Fournier, Will Barton, and Quincy Miller. Also he has Sullinger at 19 to the Magic and Kendall Marshall at 20 to the Nuggets.
    No!!! I want no part of Green. Will Barton on the other hand I would love he or Scott Machado need to be the pick imo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    i wouldn't take it, if i were the Rockets. Granger and DC seem like a tiny downgrade in talent and contractual situation compared to Lowry and Martin, and a tiny upgrade in age and health. Overall, probably a wash.
    I don't know why they'd give #14 or Dalembert to make that deal done.
    Last edited by ballism; 06-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones who was quoting Chad Ford View Post

So, is this the first "2nd round of auditions" for the Pacers draft hopefuls?

I don't recall other Players having a 2nd look from the Scouts.

Mood

So, is this the first "2nd round of auditions" for the Pacers draft hopefuls?

I don't recall other Players having a 2nd look from the Scouts.
    Even Fournier is the only other guy I remember being mentioned as being brought in a 2nd time. (Larry didn't see his first workout)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears