Page 172 of 178 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Clippers signed Matt Barnes. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for news.
    link

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what he meant was that Harden basically choked in any big moments during the finals, whereas Manu has always been known to step up and perform within those moments.
    Ginobili 'choked' in his first NBA finals too. I don't think it's fair to write Harden off based on 3 bad finals games. It's not like the other 2 games or the conf finals vs. the Spurs had less "big moments". He's not the first great player to have poor games in the finals.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was Harden's first trip to the finals.No experience whatsoever from such games and he'still 23 years old.Calling him choker and comparing him to Manu is really harsh and kinda unfair(yet),especially since we have already seen that he's talented enough.Give him a break,will ya?

PS:Please,can someone tell me when the Pacers start their preseason?
    Last edited by Johanvil; 09-15-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    Ginobili 'choked' in his first NBA finals too. I don't think it's fair to write Harden off based on 3 bad finals games. It's not like the other 2 games or the conf finals vs. the Spurs had less "big moments". He's not the first great player to have poor games in the finals.
    I think I need to make myself more clear. I'm not saying that Harden isn't a very good player, im just saying he's not Manu Ginobili yet. Just as some say it's unfair to judge him by one finals appearance, I think it downplays manu's talents and status in the game by calling Harden the next Manu. Yes they're similar but I'm not ready to make comparisons to a borderline HOF'er after 2 decent seasons and one really good one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think I need to make myself more clear. I'm not saying that Harden isn't a very good player, im just saying he's not Manu Ginobili yet. Just as some say it's unfair to judge him by one finals appearance, I think it downplays manu's talents and status in the game by calling Harden the next Manu. Yes they're similar but I'm not ready to make comparisons to a borderline HOF'er after 2 decent seasons and one really good one.
    yep, fair enough.

Adam Morrison to the Blazers.

link

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

link
    good luck to him. would have been nice if the Pacers gave him a try though, but they don't need another SF.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    good luck to him. would have been nice if the Pacers gave him a try though, but they don't need another SF.
    he sucks though

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

link
    Adam Morrison > Barbosa ......

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...th-the-pistons

Report: Terrence Williams signs one-year deal with the Pistons

Another year, another team for Terrence Williams.

According to Yahoo Sports, Williams has signed a one-year conditional contract with the Detroit Pistons. (A conditional contract means it becomes guaranteed after a certain point.) For Williams, this will be his fifth team in four years.

Williams, 25, was picked 11th overall by the Nets in 2009 but was a major disappointment. He clashed with the coaches, the front office, with teammates and just about everyone in between. At one point, he was even sent down to the D-League for a stretch.

In his three NBA seasons, Williams has only appeared in 129 games because of off-court issues. He spent last season with the Sacramento Kings, averaging 8.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game.

The Pistons currently have 15 players under contract, but if Williams impresses, he could find a place on the team. There's a need at his position of shooting guard and because of his versatility and skill set, he's going to get a look.

I really like his skillset so I'm looking forward to checking him out if he makes the team. (Side note: His attitude really must be terrible if the likes of Sam Young, Ben Hansbrough, Marquis Daniels, and Alando Tucker are getting workouts and he can't get anyone but Detroit to return his calls. Shame.)

is there a general NBA thread for new season? there used to be one last season iirc.

anyway, posting here:

some of you were very interested in Royce White at our pick (myself included). Apparently, his anxiety issues forced a no-show for the Rockets training camp. The quotes below are interesting, he doesn't seem to be thinking rationally atm. a shame, a very interesting prospect.

"We are trying to figure out a plan for me to be healthy and successful long-term," White said. "It's not really anything that's going on right now. It's more of trying to take a pro-active approach and trying to put together a solid plan.

"It is definitely linked with my anxiety sure, but it's not so much as far as my anxiety now. Basically what happened was my doctor, we discussed it, and it was decided the way the plan was now just wasn't logistically healthy.

"So what can we do strategically to try and improve the chances of everybody being successful in this situation, my success and the Rockets success? If I fail then that's not good for them either, because it's an investment."

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19...#ixzz28BMuKqWa
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19...-training-camp

is there a general NBA thread for new season? there used to be one last season iirc.

anyway, posting here:

some of you were very interested in Royce White at our pick (myself included). Apparently, his anxiety issues forced a no-show for the Rockets training camp. The quotes below are interesting, he doesn't seem to be thinking rationally atm. a shame, a very interesting prospect.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19...-training-camp
    I still plan on making a trade for Royce White in 2K13. haha Tyler for Royce? We'll see.

Now really free Lance!

Kstat will start one when the time is just right. Unless, of course, he sees his shadow. Then we're in for six more weeks of off-season.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Adam Morrison > Barbosa ......
    ummm what? the dude couldn't even get on an NBA roster last year and when he was the previous years he never played. You can't be serious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    ummm what? the dude couldn't even get on an NBA roster last year and when he was the previous years he never played. You can't be serious.
    I was been sarcastic, many here think that just because a player gets a contract in the NBA he is better than a player that is not in the NBA.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was been sarcastic, many here think that just because a player gets a contract in the NBA he is better than a player that is not in the NBA.
    Actually, that was YOUR logic. You just didn't like it when it was used against you.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Around draft time the anxiety stuff with Royce White didn't really make me nervous, it was all his other interests and seeming lack of focus on basketball. The way he left Minnesota really turned me off.

Then I watched that Grantland video and the anxiety stuff is way worse than I thought. He went and hid in Hoiberg's office at a year end awards banquet thing. Obviously every person there loved the guy and he still couldn't face them. The guy's talented and I really hope he can get past it, but I'm glad we didn't draft him.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Actually, that was YOUR logic. You just didn't like it when it was used against you.
    That wasn't my logic and you know that, been out of the NBA because you have better choices is way different than been out of the NBA because nobody wants you, not only that but you get cut from the two European teams that gave you an opportunity and ended up in the Dleague, so nope that wasn't my logic.

That wasn't my logic and you know that, been out of the NBA because you have better choices is way different than been out of the NBA because nobody wants you, not only that but you get cut from the two European teams that gave you an opportunity and ended up in the Dleague, so nope that wasn't my logic.
    So, how do you know it's because he has 'better options', and if so why hasn't he already signed these better options? You don't know that, or why. That's just what you want to believe. Yet, you'll be the first guy complaining that other people can't read minds when they say something like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    So, how do you know it's because he has 'better options', and if so why hasn't he already signed these better options? You don't know that, or why. That's just what you want to believe. Yet, you'll be the first guy complaining that other people can't read minds when they say something like this.
    The Brazilian league starts in november not reason for him not to take his time.

http://lnb.com.br/campeonato/

And here is how I know that he has other choices I'm not reading minds or making s*** up like some people.

Barbosa says later in the interview he would play for the veteran minimum on a contender. If he can’t land an NBA gig, he says he would want to play in Brazil this season. But his contract would be such that an NBA team could call him up.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...andro-barbosa/
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any rumors about Houston. They have way too many PFs.

Anyone have any rumors on Houston?

Now really free Lance!

First off, information from him or his agent needs to be taken with a grain of salt. You can use (mis)information to try to lobby teams for any kind of a better contract, or a contract to begin with. Also, yes there's plenty of reason for him to not take his time. NBA rosters are set, and camps are started. Once rosters are set, teams are going to be more reluctant to make an addition to the rotation unless they're desperate with injuries.

However at the same time he says he will play for a contender in the NBA for the minimum, and he still isn't signed. So even if you want to take his word for it then guess what? He's saying he isn't wanted. Not better options.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any rumors about Houston. They have way too many PFs.

true. NBDL i guess. their training camp is taking place in the Rio Grande Valley Vipers arena btw, so they can just drop a couple power forwards there right away

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's still offseason until preseason is over. I don't limit when the new season thread gets cluttered up before the real games even start.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

No rumors but...

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3181/h...-camp-edition/

Rockets have 20 players currently and need to cut down to 15 by start of the regular season.

Of the guys who are considered possible cuts, JaJuan Johnson is the most intriguing to me. He'd fill in nicely as backup PF if Hans continues to struggle.