Page 164 of 178 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Banned

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

So Philly gets also better, nice....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Philly gets also better, nice....
    So do the Nuggets and Lakers. Is it too early to call the Lakers the favorite?

A little fun scheduling fact: The November 16th ESPN game between the Pistons and Magic may be the worst nationally televised game ever now.

What's the earliest you can change the national TV schedule. ESPN execs have to be going, "Listen, we've got Mavs-Pacers and Jazz-Sixers at 7:00. You have to let us change David. You HAVE to!!! PLEASE!!!!"

If not, well, get ready. Prince!! Turkoglu!! These guys used to be good!! It's the NBA on ESPN!!!
    Last edited by shags; 08-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    So do the Nuggets and Lakers. Is it too early to call the Lakers the favorite?
    It's hard to pick against the Heat but Nash, Kobe, Pau, and Howard? My god. That's going to be a hell of a finals.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Orlando held on to Howard for a year...for this???

Wow. Just wow. I wouldn't trade greg Monroe for that package. Terrible.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    It's hard to pick against the Heat but Nash, Kobe, Pau, and Howard? My god. That's going to be a hell of a finals.
    And how about a Thunder - Lakers playoff series? Kendrick Perkins is thinking, "Alright! I'm not going to get amnestied." And if the Heat slip up, Jason Collins just became a real important signing for Boston.

But the beauty of the Lakers is they don't need Howard to score like Orlando did. He can rebound, block shots, dominate defensively, and get shots off of Nash.

And is it too early to start fitting Cody Zeller for a Magic jersey? Can he pick out a number? Locker location?

Apparently, the Magic will also get Moe Harkless and other multiple pieces. It may look a bit better by the time it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Well, if you're the Magic you bottom out, hope one of Mozgov, Vucevic, and Ayon pan out, and get 4 1st rounders out of the deal, and get rid of Q. Richardson's and Duhon's secretly bad contracts. Is that a better strategy than getting Gasol, maybe giving up Turkoglu, staying competitive for a playoff spot, and getting less draft picks? I don't know. Something's has to be wrong with Orlando if Shaq, Penny, and Howard all wanted out. So maybe they're better off staying competitive.
    neither of those two scenarios would be as good as the other recent superstar trades, tbh. and Howard is arguably better than any of them.

I'm also really looking forward to hearing Doug Collins tomorrow doing the Olympic broadcast. Maybe Doc Rivers can interview him.

How bad will Dwight be crying when Kobe starts really showing his age here in the next couple of years?
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    How bad will Dwight be crying when Kobe starts really showing his age here in the next couple of years?
    Kobe has said he most likely will retire after these last 2 yrs. And then the Lakers will go out and get ANOTHR superstar to play with Dwight.

If the Lakers can knock off OKC in the cobference finals, The Lakers and The Heat are a HELL of a finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Kobe has said he most likely will retire after these last 2 yrs. And then the Lakers will go out and get ANOTHR superstar to play with Dwight.
    that would be a bummer. i was looking forward to him making a run at Kareem for total points scored. another 6-8 years at 15-20 ppg, it's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    that would be a bummer. i was looking forward to him making a run at Kareem for total points scored. another 6-8 years at 15-20 ppg, it's doable.
    I agree that'd be awesome. I'm a big Kobe and Laker fan (behind the Pacers of course) but Kobes gone on record saying he doesn't care about the scoring record, just wants the rings. If they could somehow win one more, I'd think he'd HAVE to think about playing and winning number 7. That'd put him in RARE air

What a horrible trade for Orlando. Wow.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

well guys i think i am done with the nba. i will support the Pacers but seriously F' this league (cornette face)

I didn't watch the finals i haven't watched espn in almost 3 years outside of select college football, basketball and MNF games.
    The nba anymore is for casual marks who bandwagon hop. Frankly i am sick of it.
    go pacers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. house View Post
    well guys i think i am done with the nba. i will support the Pacers but seriously F' this league (cornette face)

I didn't watch the finals i haven't watched espn in almost 3 years outside of select college football, basketball and MNF games.
    go pacers.
    I don't get the crying, is not like the team we follow didn't have an opportunity to get better and make some trades but they decided to use all their cap space And assets to "fix" the bench, the Lakers are just too smart and always get the good deals, it's not their fault other teams are stupid.

I don't get the crying, is not like the team we follow didn't have an opportunity to get better and make some trades but they decided to use all their cap space And assets to "fix" the bench, the Lakers are just too smart and always get the good deals, it's not their fault other teams are stupid.

No its all about location all was has been always will be and nothing can ever change that

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. house View Post

go pacers.
    Houston really wanted Howard, and the Magic could have easily dealt him there for several of Houston's young promising players. The fact that they didn't and trade Howard for 1 decent player and late round picks is beyond awful and speaks to how stupid their GM is, not how the NBA works. If the NBA was fixed, Chris Paul would be with the Lakers, not the Clipps.

I do agree that big market teams get all the breaks cause all the players want to play their instead of a small market team, but that just means that small market teams have to be smarter. Magic are supposedly a small market team, but obviously they don't hire smart GMs.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I guess Houston is next up with the rumors. They have to do something. Sure would be nice to get one of their prospects, but the Pacers don't have anything to give up other than Hans/Pends.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

What trade or realistic signing could the Pacers have made though? This laker trade is about the lakers waiting until Howard was out of other options, the 6ers wanting to move Iggy for a big, the magic not being smart enough to get Bynum nor Gasol out of the deal, and Den havin the salaries and picks to make it all work. Trades and transactions are hard to put together without over spending and even harder when your city isn't a big destination.

Edit:

I do agree though, I don't get the "crying" (as you called it) the bigger market sized teams have owners who are willing to spend crazy amounts of money to keep their teams very competitive. I don't really see a problem in that. It's not like very many teams in the HISTORY of the NBA have won championships. It's always been the Lakers, or the Celtics, or the Bulls for the most part (obviously with your occasional Philly, SA and Portland mixed in) teams with owners who have big pockets and are willing to spend the money on talent; whether it's on the court, within the FO, or on the coaching staff.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 08-10-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Pure genius. They put a team in one of the most populated cities in the country.

Why didn't we think of that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    What trade or realistic signing could the Pacers have made though? This laker trade is about the lakers waiting until Howard was out of other options, the 6ers wanting to move Iggy for a big, the magic not being smart enough to get Bynum nor Gasol out of the deal, and Den havin the salaries and picks to make it all work. Trades and transactions are hard to put together without over spending and even harder when your city isn't a big destination.
    Nobody knows but I'm pretty sure they could have done better than they did, getting Scola for free and signing or trading for a quality player would have been better than getting a collection of scrubs to fill the bench and nope the city didn't have anything to do with anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Pure genius. They put a team in one of the most populated cities in the country.

Why didn't we think of that?
    So Orlando decided to get f***** in the a** because the Lakers are in one of the most populated cities in the country? again it's not the Lakers fault other teams are just stupid.

So Orlando decided to get f***** in the a** because the Lakers are in one of the most populated cities in the country? again it's not the Lakers fault other teams are just stupid.
    It happened because NBA teams get held hostage by players who don't want to play anywhere but New York, or LA, like Howard. There's no free market where all teams can get in to make offers on a level playing field because he can control his destination by saying he won't stay anywhere else longer than he has to. That's how the Lakers got Kobe, and how they now got Howard as well.

Players want to go there because endorsements are worth more money because they're playing to a larger market in larger cities. Teams in those cities can afford to pay Kobe 30 million, and acquire another max player because they have a big enough city to support 200 million dollar a year deals on their TV deal alone.

You keep telling yourself it has nothing to do with the city. You keep telling yourself Indianapolis, and Los Angeles are on a level playing field. You're probably the only person who believes that.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post: