Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Sixers would get highway robbery as long as they can keep Bynum, and Nuggets would get a robbery getting Igoudala for Al Harrington and Affalo. I wouldn't get the Magic's thinking, the Lakers I guess makes some since if they really want Howard, but otherwise makes no sense.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Nuggets_Sixers

Geez.....Bynum + Gasol for Dwight Howard? Great haul for the Magic and Sixers...heck, even the Nuggets.....but the trade sucks for the Lakers.

Trading to high quality Starting Big Men for Dwight isn't worth it if you ask me....but I guess having a 2 Tweener Forwards like Jamison and Harrington will make up for losing Gasol ( NOT! )
    I read that earlier and the first thing I thought was, Harrington? The Lakers are after another ex Pacer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Sixers are getting robbed. Theres no way Bynum resigns there. So their giving AI for a 1 yr rental. Nuggets win if you ask me. And yeah I agree that the Magic should be trading with Houston.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Can we please like censor the name Dwight Howard from this board reading about the selfish prick is so tiresome

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I read that earlier and the first thing I thought was, Harrington? The Lakers are after another ex Pacer.
    Well, with Harrington and Jamison they have two stretch 4's to play with Howard. Lewis and Anderson have proven how successful Howard can make those players. Plus they have Jordan Hill if they want to go big. Howard is such a great defensive player that he automatically makes someone like Nash, Harrington, and Jamison better.

My fake trade based on that rumor.

Orlando gets Gasol, Afflalo, McRoberts, 2013 2nd round pick from GSW or POR (earliest) via DEN, 2014 1st round pick from DEN or NYK (earliest) via DEN
    L.A. Lakers get Howard, Turkoglu, Harrington, Vucevic
    Philadelphia gets Bynum, Q. Richardson
    Denver gets Iguodala

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    The Magic would get an aging Gasol and Affalo? WTF They should be making a trade with Houston. They could take so many of those young studs that Houston has. If you have to reboot, start off with some young talent that you can control for the next few years.

Just don't get what the Magic are doing.
    it's kind of similar to the original Chris Paul trade.
    I'm not sure what's the thinking of these GMs.
    "playoffs for 3 years until everyone forgets about our superstar, and then we'll slowly start to tank"?

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    It is a lot to give up for Howard, but from what I've heard Howard isn't going to sign an extension anywhere (even Brooklyn), so the Lakers, being well over the cap, will need to have room to sign him at the end of next season (which they can't do with Gasol's $19M salary on their books). They have to give up both guys to get him.
    they'd have full Bird rights, so they could keep everyone. But of course luxury tax could be a consideration.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is a sexy trade for everyone involved. Hope it gets done.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I wonder how Iggy feels about it, seems like he kind of got a raw deal in the whole thing. I wouldn't be happy a year after I helped get my team to the playoffs the do the Lakers a solid for Bynum and throw him out west with Denver. Not that Denver is all that bad of a situation and I know "it's a business" but just looking at it from his perspective, I'd be kind of pissed.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I think Iggy's really underappreciated and is an outstanding player. Overpaid a bit sure, but hell the majority of non-rookie deal guys are overpaid. That said, if Philly pulls off Bynum for him that's a GREAT move for them.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I wonder how Iggy feels about it, seems like he kind of got a raw deal in the whole thing. I wouldn't be happy a year after I helped get my team to the playoffs the do the Lakers a solid for Bynum and throw him out west with Denver. Not that Denver is all that bad of a situation and I know "it's a business" but just looking at it from his perspective, I'd be kind of pissed.
    Well, replacing Afflalo with Iguodala is a definite upgrade for Denver. They could put out a real interesting small ball lineup of Lawson, Miller, Iguodala, Gallinari, and McGee.

But the West would be loaded. The Lakers might be the favorites (especially if Gasol isn't in the trade), and the Clippers and Grizzlies both got better. Plus the Thunder and Spurs are still pretty darn good.

76ers other offseason moves would make a lot of sense if this happens, btw. Instead of keeping Lou Williams, they'd now have quite a bit of cap next summer + Bynum. Add someone like Paul Milsap, resign Holiday, that's a great team with a lot of size (including bench size) vs. Miami.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nuggets are the only winner. Iggy is WAY better than Harrington.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Harrington is a pretty bad contract going forward.
    Afflalo is the value they give up. I imagine some picks too (?). Afflalo for Iggy would be fair, considering cap savings. But getting rid of Harrington would have to cost something extra, I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Harrington is a pretty bad contract going forward.
    Afflalo is the value they give up. I imagine some picks too (?). Afflalo for Iggy would be fair, considering cap savings. But getting rid of Harrington would have to cost something extra, I'd think.
    I read earlier that the last 2 yrs of Harrington's contract are not guaranteed. So it's not as bad as it seems. I think the Lakers want to be able to spread the floor for Nash Kobe and Dwight, so they need stretch 4s.

IF this gets finalized, the Nuggets get a player that is perfect for their system. The 6ers get a dominant big, and the Lakers get star power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I read earlier that the last 2 yrs of Harrington's contract are not guaranteed. So it's not as bad as it seems. I think the Lakers want to be able to spread the floor for Nash Kobe and Dwight, so they need stretch 4s.

IF this gets finalized, the Nuggets get a player that is perfect for their system. The 6ers get a dominant big, and the Lakers get star power.
    50% of Harrington's contract is guaranteed during the last two years. So it's not as punitive, but he'd still get some money if he was released.

FWIW, Ric Bucher of ESPN and Ken Berger of CBS are both reporting Gasol is likely not in the deal. So, IMO, that would remove Harrington. Fake trade based on alleged rumor without Gasol:

Magic get Afflalo, Mozgov, McRoberts, Vucevic, 2 DEN 1st round picks (2013, 2014), PHI 1st round pick (2015), LAL 1st round pick (2017)
    Lakers get Howard, Q. Richardson, Clark
    Nuggets get Iguodala
    Sixers get Bynum, Duhon

23. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    50% of Harrington's contract is guaranteed during the last two years. So it's not as punitive, but he'd still get some money if he was released.

FWIW, Ric Bucher of ESPN and Ken Berger of CBS are both reporting Gasol is likely not in the deal. So, IMO, that would remove Harrington. Fake trade based on alleged rumor without Gasol:

Magic get Afflalo, Mozgov, McRoberts, Vucevic, 2 DEN 1st round picks (2013, 2014), PHI 1st round pick (2015), LAL 1st round pick (2017)
    Nuggets get Iguodala
    Sixers get Bynum, Duhon
    I think that the Nuggets overpay for Iggy in this trade.....Iggy is worth ( at most ) Afflalo + ( 1 ) Philly 1st round Pick...but not ( 2 ) 1st round picks.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

*cough*BS*cough*

Jessica Camerato: Courtney Lee said he chose the chance to win a title over money when it came to deciding to sign with the #Celtics Twitter

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think that the Nuggets overpay for Iggy in this trade.....Iggy is worth ( at most ) Afflalo + ( 1 ) Philly 1st round Pick...but not ( 2 ) 1st round picks.
    I actually think all of those picks the Magic would get, besides the Lakers pick, would have some protection. The Nuggets have the rights to the Knicks 2014 1st round pick unprotected.

Nuggets get Iguodala
    Sixers get Bynum, Duhon
    Mozgov's career highlights: Carmelo trade, Griffin dunk, Howard/Bynum trade. Quite a lot for a 3 year player who hasn't done much on the court.
    When Scalabrine retires, he may be the next irrelevant player whom everyone knows for odd reasons.

re the trade - i like Vucevic a lot, as well as Afflalo. But that's still kind of crappy compared to what the Hornets got.
    Or Utah for D-Will (basically Favors, Kanter and probably another lotto pick). Maybe it could live up to Melo trade level, but that depends on Vucevic progressing.
    It's surprising that (if?) Houston hasn't offered anything better.

I actually think all of those picks the Magic would get, besides the Lakers pick, would have some protection. The Nuggets have the rights to the Knicks 2014 1st round pick unprotected.
    indeed. there's no way 76ers get Bynum and picks for Iguodala and Vucevic.
    Still, Denver is giving up the picks rather cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    re the trade - i like Vucevic a lot, as well as Afflalo. But that's still kind of crappy compared to what the Hornets got.
    Or Utah for D-Will (basically Favors, Kanter and probably another lotto pick). Maybe it could live up to Melo trade level, but that depends on Vucevic progressing.
    It's surprising that (if?) Houston hasn't offered anything better.
    Well, if you're the Magic you bottom out, hope one of Mozgov, Vucevic, and Ayon pan out, and get 4 1st rounders out of the deal, and get rid of Q. Richardson's and Duhon's secretly bad contracts. Is that a better strategy than getting Gasol, maybe giving up Turkoglu, staying competitive for a playoff spot, and getting less draft picks? I don't know. Something's has to be wrong with Orlando if Shaq, Penny, and Howard all wanted out. So maybe they're better off staying competitive.

"In 49 states it's just basketball ... but this is Indiana."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    How would he be getting a raw deal? Denver is better than Philly. He's signed through next year and likely wouldn't have been returning to Philly anyway (he almost left once before). Evan Turner needs to start and they drafted an athletic 3, so it's very likely Iguodala's stats would have dropped again. Now he gets to go to a high octane offense that needed someone like him to get the ball to an open McGee, Gallinari, etc. He might benefit as much as anyone in the trade.