Page 159 of 178 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3951
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,111

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Instead of the Pacers being interested in Josh Howard, I'd really like for the Pacers to take a look at DJ White. Can't believe this guy is a year younger than Hans. Would be a great backup PF off the bench and insurance in case Hans continues his horrid play. Has a lot of talent.
    He might be able to score more efficiently than Hans, but he's also a worse rebounder than Hans is. We definitely don't need another below average rebounding PF.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  3. #3952
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Landry to GSW

    they are gonna be really good next year my dark horse team imo.

  4. #3953
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landry to GSW

    they are gonna be really good next year my dark horse team imo.
    i'd take him!

    @ESPNSteinLine: Carl Landry gets two-year deal worth $8 million from Warriors with a player option in Year 2

  5. #3954
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landry to GSW

    they are gonna be really good next year my dark horse team imo.
    If they stay healthy. Big, big if.

  6. #3955

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Princeton Offense For the Lakers?

    Last season the Los Angeles Lakers’ coaching staff was anything but a cohesive unit, and the fact that they were trying to install an entirely new offense on the fly didn’t help matters. Lakers head coach Mike Brown’s efforts to teach his team a new offensive game plan was hindered by the lockout-shortened season, and it was threatened to be hindered even further by the departures of assistants Ettore Messina and Quin Snyder, who received coaching offers from CSKA Moscow that were too lucrative to pass on.

    According to reports, Brown has found a solution to his offensive problem, as the Lakers will soon add former Washington Wizards and Philadelphia 76ers head coach Eddie Jordan to his staff.

    Jordan is a disciple of the Princeton offense, which was developed and perfected at Princeton University by coach Pete Carril. Carril was a long-time assistant coach for the Sacramento Kings and helped Rick Adelman translate the offense to the NBA.

    The Princeton offense revolves around constant motion, passing and backdoor cuts, all of which should be familiar to fans of the Kings, Houston Rockets, and now the Minnesota Timberwolves, as Adelman has enjoyed a great deal of success with the offense. Eddie Jordan had less success, though that was due largely to the unreasonable number of injuries he had to deal with as a head coach. Mike Brown believes Jordan is the perfect person to help him implement the same offense in Los Angeles.

    HOOPSWORLD’s Eric Pincus says the Lakers have already put a lot of time and thought into how they can go about implementing the Princeton offense, and adding Jordan to the coaching staff may be the final piece to that puzzle.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba2-what-...l-morey-doing/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  7. #3956
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,768

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Looks like Rush is re-signing with Golden State as well.

    Also, Nate Robinson to Chicago and Willie Green to the Clippers today as well.

  8. #3957
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,222
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Rush is re-signing with Golden State as well.

    Also, Nate Robinson to Chicago and Willie Green to the Clippers today as well.
    Great. Another player I like the goes to the dark side.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #3958
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,748

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Fascinated by the Princeton offense news. Should work well with Nash, no?

  10. #3959

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fascinated by the Princeton offense news. Should work well with Nash, no?
    Should work well with Nash and Paul Gasol. Don't know about Bynum, probably OK. Kobe, not so much. The Princeton Offense should last until Kobe has 6 shots in the first half. and decides he can't score 25 ppg without the ball.

    By the end of the season, the Lakers are going to be just like always. schizophrenic offensively, with one offense for Kobe and another for everyone else.

  11. #3960
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    idk, it seems like a stupid offense to run with Nash and Bynum.
    Kobe would need to adjust, but it seems like the bigger adjustment will be for those other two.
    Nash will be a major upgrade no matter what they run. He will shoot, he'll recognize weaknesses and penetrate, pass. He'll be a fine Princeton player. But this is overkill. They ought to just let Nash run the offense. It seems like they'll be going out of their way to take the ball out of Steve's hands.

    Not sure how Bynum fits in.

    I suppose it may be just some elements, not like Adelman's offense.

  12. #3961
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    it would be awesome for Gasol though. he could be their best player, if they really go in that direction.

  13. #3962
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,988

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Been reading that Howard could be traded by end of week. http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/29/dw...sct=nba_t2_a10

    We can only hope.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  14. #3963
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it would be awesome for Gasol though. he could be their best player, if they really go in that direction.
    That was my first thought. I don't see how it makes sense for that to be their primary offense but Gasol could lead the league in assists if they do.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  15. #3964
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,040

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been reading that Howard could be traded by end of week. http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/29/dw...sct=nba_t2_a10

    We can only hope.
    I don't think I'ld hang my hat on that... I've heard basically the same statement at least twice this summer...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  16. #3965
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,005

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Sam Amick: Agent Mark Bartelstein announces Brandon Rush will re- sign w/ Golden State. Deal is for two years, $8 million with player option in 2nd

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz22DzsQZFb

  17. #3966
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    How many free agents received that are 1 year deals with Player options? It would seem that there are a lot of 1 or 2 year deals for this years crop of free agents. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing that has been a result of the new NBA. A lot of Players are signing at very reasonable shot term contracts.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #3967
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sam Amick: Agent Mark Bartelstein announces Brandon Rush will re- sign w/ Golden State. Deal is for two years, $8 million with player option in 2nd

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz22DzsQZFb
    The Warriors were able to sign 2 quality Role Players that are 6th to 8th rotational players at a decent but not at an IMHO overpaid price.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #3968
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been reading that Howard could be traded by end of week. http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/29/dw...sct=nba_t2_a10

    We can only hope.
    If I were a betting man, I would guess that Howard would be traded no later than a few days before Training Camp starts. The majority of the Players from last season that could be included in the trade would all be waiting in limbo waiting for this fiasco to end. That level of uncertainty isn't good to have hanging around the team like a dark cloud going into the start of the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #3969

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  22. #3970
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,985

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    More beef, I like it. The Pacers are building in a much different way than alot of the Eastern Conference teams.

  23. #3971

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Probably the only NBA player that has a higher no step vertical (30.0) than his Max vertical (29.5).

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  25. #3972
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,111

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More beef, I like it. The Pacers are building in a much different way than alot of the Eastern Conference teams.
    I'm starting to get the impression that the Pacers FO wants this team to be as big and long as possible--hoping that size and length can help negate SOME of the top heavy talent disparity.

  26. #3973
    MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More beef, I like it. The Pacers are building in a much different way than alot of the Eastern Conference teams.
    If we sign this guy, Hansbrough is in some real trouble here, especially given his contract size.

    This guy draws good amounts of fouls in the paint, but actually also has a high FG% conversion rate.

    When Hansbrough's midrange game is off (as it seemed to be all of last year), these guys are more similar than it would seem.

  27. #3974
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,408
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we sign this guy, Hansbrough is in some real trouble here, especially given his contract size.

    This guy draws good amounts of fouls in the paint, but actually also has a high FG% conversion rate.

    When Hansbrough's midrange game is off (as it seemed to be all of last year), these guys are more similar than it would seem.
    No doubt about it, Smith is a big upgrade if Tyler plays like he did last season. Having a second unit of Mahinmi, Smith, Green, Lance and DJ will be completely revamped and better IMO.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  29. #3975

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    craig smith??

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •