Page 157 of 178 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3901

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet Minnesota is actually a vastly improved team over the last few years. Guess high lotto picks aren't the be-all and end-all after all
    Well, they wouldn't be where they are without two high lotto picks (Love, Rubio).

  2. #3902
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Kind of interesting, if they would not have made the trade in 08 they would have had Mayo instead of Rubio, lol, also Rubio is still up in the air, showed decent his first year but also showed a lot of weaknesses. With Flynn, there really was not much after him, they probably would have been smarter going with Seth Curry, but after that there really was nothing to get super excited about.

    Wes Johnson was a questionably pick from the start, I said initially that he would not amount to much, he still has a chance but has not shown much so far, he was a old sr and a late bloomer. They needed a 2 in my eyes but it really was no 2's available after Turner got taken.
    Why so SERIOUS

  3. #3903
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Wesley+pick for nothing? oh man.... should've just passed on his team option, if they hate him so much
    this would be the most idiotic Kahn move ever. the other moves had at least some justification.

  4. #3904

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, shut up... You just looked at the race by putting a percentage with it. I, personally, don't need someone pointing out someone else pointing out how many white vs black players are on a team.

    Who are YOU to tell me to shut up? You aren't my parents(deceased) nor my spouse who obviously had a better upbringing than you. Try using those things your parents tried teaching you, but apparently failed in their teachings... politeness and manners. Rude, crude, and socially unacceptable just doesn't cut it with me! In your life, maybe this type of disrespectful behavior is common place and acceptable, but in mine it isn't. Now, you have a wonderful day.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  6. #3905

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, they wouldn't be where they are without two high lotto picks (Love, Rubio).
    they would have more, higher lotto picks for the foreseeable future.

    the clippers are proof that if you're bad enough for long enough, eventually you become decent.

  7. #3906

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I was looking at today's Hoopshype's transaction board, and I saw Memphis traded Dante Cunningham to Minnie for Wayne Ellington. I believe this is the 8th player gone from T-Wolves season ending roster.

    Houston waived E'Twaun Moore as expected.

    Belinelli to the Bulls.

    Hinrich to Bulls. I believe this might have been already posted.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  9. #3907
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was looking at today's Hoopshype's transaction board, and I saw Memphis traded Dante Cunningham to Minnie for Wayne Ellington. I believe this is the 8th player gone from T-Wolves season ending roster.

    Houston waived E'Twaun Moore as expected.

    Belinelli to the Bulls.

    Hinrich to Bulls. I believe this might have been already posted.

    I am surprised the Bulls got rid of Korver and Brewer to bring in a guy like Bellinelli

  10. #3908
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,073

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    That Minnesota deal literally can't happen.

    Might be in here somewhere, but Ronnie Brewer to the Knicks, that's a solid pickup.

    Andrei Kirilenko to Minnesota for 2/$20 mil

  11. #3909
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Wow at Jameer Nelson's deal

    Henningan has not impressed me at all with him being GM

  12. #3910
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andrei Kirilenko to Minnesota for 2/$20 mil
    anybody think that is not crazy?

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  14. #3911
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,073

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anybody think that is not crazy?
    It's a little more than I'd have liked if I were a Sota fan, but 2 years, not that bad. I mean look at what Gerald Wallace got. Rubio/Roy?/AK47/Love/Pekovic. That's solid.

    Makes me a little curious what Derrick Williams price is like right now. I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but he's intriguing that's for sure.

    edit: AK47's 2nd year's apparently a player option
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 07-25-2012 at 06:50 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  16. #3912
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anybody think that is not crazy?
    I don't really think there's such thing as a bad deal if it's two years or less. I'd imagine he'll pick up his option, unless he has a crazy season and seems to have a ton of suitors next summer. I really like what Minnesota has done this offseason.

  17. #3913
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow, what a mistake... Kahn has no idea what he's doing. I thought the reason AK wasn't signed by anyone last summer was because he is over the hill and lost a step... why 9 mil? what is that going to prove?
    He's still awesome when healthy. He was by far the best player in Europe, dominant on both sides of the floor, and you don't do that if you are done.

    that price is indeed a little crazy, I would've guessed 7-8 mil.
    but then again, they were ready to pay 11-12 mil to Batum, and Kirilenko is probably better --- for now.

  18. #3914

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    screenshot of Lebron's gmail inbox



    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  19. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  20. #3915
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,073

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    The idea of Lebron and Jax emailing back and forth about the Higgs Boson makes me laugh REALLY hard

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  22. #3916
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Jeremy Lin, brb taking a dolan

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  24. #3917
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I will lmfao if he signs with the Lakers.


    Jared Zwerling: I spoke w/ Louis Amundson's agent today. He's talking to a number of teams. No comment on #Knicks. Should finalize a deal in the next week. about 4 hours ago

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz21ggfvPd1
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  25. #3918
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really think there's such thing as a bad deal if it's two years or less. I'd imagine he'll pick up his option, unless he has a crazy season and seems to have a ton of suitors next summer. I really like what Minnesota has done this offseason.
    it's a nice roster atm. but giving up Johnson+#1 to clear cap is mind boggling, it's worse than us giving up DC+Dahntay for free.

    same with that previous offer to the Blazers (Derrick Williams + two #1s in a Batum sign and trade, where Batum gets overpaid as well)...

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  27. #3919
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a little more than I'd have liked if I were a Sota fan, but 2 years, not that bad. I mean look at what Gerald Wallace got. Rubio/Roy?/AK47/Love/Pekovic. That's solid.

    Makes me a little curious what Derrick Williams price is like right now. I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but he's intriguing that's for sure.

    edit: AK47's 2nd year's apparently a player option
    Best backcourt





    In Europe

  28. #3920
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, shut up... You just looked at the race by putting a percentage with it. I, personally, don't need someone pointing out someone else pointing out how many white vs black players are on a team.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  30. #3921
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's a nice roster atm. but giving up Johnson+#1 to clear cap is mind boggling, it's worse than us giving up DC+Dahntay for free.

    same with that previous offer to the Blazers (Derrick Williams + two #1s in a Batum sign and trade, where Batum gets overpaid as well)...

    Well for one thing, Wesley Johnson is terrible. Trading him away is a great example of addition by substraction. And the pick wasn't even theirs, it was Memphis' lottery-protected pick. So it will either be a pick in the late-teens/early-20s or they'll have to wait even longer to use it. And to me, being able to upgrade from Wes to Kirilienko is worth that pick that Minnesota never really had anyway.

  31. #3922
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally don't need someone pointing out how many white vs black players are on a team. I, like 99.99% of the people who follow NBA BB, know that 70-80% of the NBA players aren't white, so I see no relevance in it being pointed out a team has x amount of a particular race on a team. I'm not sure how many white players the Pacers have on the team as I don't look at their race I look at them as BB players... as everyone should!

    Are you blind? I mean you do see black and white don't you? It's okay to say a white man is white and a black man is black. This doesn't make one racist to identify race, just respect the race and all will be good!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  33. #3923
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well for one thing, Wesley Johnson is terrible. Trading him away is a great example of addition by substraction. And the pick wasn't even theirs, it was Memphis' lottery-protected pick. So it will either be a pick in the late-teens/early-20s or they'll have to wait even longer to use it. And to me, being able to upgrade from Wes to Kirilienko is worth that pick that Minnesota never really had anyway.
    IMO, noone on a 4 mil 1 year deal is horrible enough to give up a #1 just to get rid of him. Unless there are locker room issues we don't know about. It seems cheap and short sighted.
    They also gave up two #2s to get rid of Brad Miller's 1 mil.

    Salary-wise, they turned Wesley+Miller (4 mil + 1 mil guaranteed) and 3 picks (#1 and two #2s) into Brandon Roy (5 mil).

    I suppose they are right not to trust their own draft acumen, but still, it's a waste of assets.
    A wiser team would wait instead of making win-now short term moves.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  35. #3924
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Dwight making it known of his desire to leave, again today. Idiot should've opted out. He would be with Brooklyn by now.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  37. #3925
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, noone on a 4 mil 1 year deal is horrible enough to give up a #1 just to get rid of him. Unless there are locker room issues we don't know about. It seems cheap and short sighted.
    They also gave up two #2s to get rid of Brad Miller's 1 mil.

    Salary-wise, they turned Wesley+Miller (4 mil + 1 mil guaranteed) and 3 picks (#1 and two #2s) into Brandon Roy (5 mil).

    I suppose they are right not to trust their own draft acumen, but still, it's a waste of assets.
    A wiser team would wait instead of making win-now short term moves.
    I think Wolves are trying to show Love that they will do whatever it takes to make the team better as he requested. It looks like they are cutting their losses and moving on to get better quality players to play with Love. So far it seems to be working.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •