Page 156 of 178 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see where the Suns made out like a bandit. Nice deal for the Suns shedding Warrick's contract, but I'd much prefer Lopez over Wes Johnson. The 1st will probably be so protected the Suns won't get to use for years.
    They already have a starting caliber center in Gortat so it's not like they can't afford to lose Lopez. They can find a replacement backup center somehow. Plus, Lopez is due for a new deal so not only would they be off the hook for that, but they'd also get out of Warrick's deal. Sure, Johnson's nothing special, but why not bring him in? May be a better fit in PHX, who knows. And no matter what kind of 1st it is, it's an asset that PHX will get to have in its back pocket.

If the Timberwolves sign Kirilenko, they'll have 11 white players to 4 black players. That's crazy.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    If the Timberwolves sign Kirilenko, they'll have 11 white players to 4 black players. That's crazy.
    Since no one is asking.....why would that be crazy?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Probably because they have a team that's about 75% white in a league that's 80% black. That's an anomaly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I watched Calderon get beet off the dribble by everyone he guarded today, I hope he was laying low, for I have no desire to see that matador on the Pacers if that is all he has.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    As I watched Calderon get beet off the dribble by everyone he guarded today,
    Beets are red. Red is a color. That is the third racist post in a row. This board is going to the dogs without Hicks in charge.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @WojYahooNBA: Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA: Along with Lopez, Suns would send Hakim Warrick to Hornets. Minny would send Wesley Johnson and a 1st round pick to the Suns, sources say.

@WojYahooNBA: For Wolves, deal clears cap space and apparently is a prelude to another potential signing or deal, sources say.

@WojYahooNBA: Several league executives believe Minnesota is pursuing free agent Andrei Kirilenko. He's no longer considering Brooklyn, sources say.
    Shows how bad Wesley Johnson is, that they have to dump a player they picked 4th in a draft two years ago, AND a 1st round pick just for cap space, which I think is a big mistake getting Kirilenko. If it were the AK 47 of 5 years ago it would be ok, but not so much now.

The Suns are only getting the best of this deal cause they get a 1st round pick, everyone getting meh players otherwise. It's kind of a filter of crap each team doesn't really want.
    Last edited by Cactus Jax; 07-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I would not mind getting Wes and a first. Oh well.
    Good deal for the Suns. Wes maybe just needed a change of scenery.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

@JerryZgoda: Per @WojYahooNBA earlier tweets, league sources confirm Wolves are targeting Kirilenko, perhaps at $9M a season for at least 2 years
    9 million for EACH season, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post

Why is that relevant??

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I would not mind getting Wes and a first. Oh well.
    Good deal for the Suns. Wes maybe just needed a change of scenery.
    Minnesota drafting Wes Johnson over Demarcus Cousins was the worst draft day blunder in the past 3 seasons.
    David "And One" West

From a pure statistical perspective, the chances are approximately 5 in a million.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    They already have a starting caliber center in Gortat so it's not like they can't afford to lose Lopez. They can find a replacement backup center somehow. Plus, Lopez is due for a new deal so not only would they be off the hook for that, but they'd also get out of Warrick's deal. Sure, Johnson's nothing special, but why not bring him in? May be a better fit in PHX, who knows. And no matter what kind of 1st it is, it's an asset that PHX will get to have in its back pocket.

I just don't see where the Suns made out like a bandit. To me Warrick for Johnson... salary wise. Lopez for a protected 1st. To me it's just a nice trade for the Suns.

It was a nice trade for Minnie too, b/c they get Lopez to b/u Pekovic since they now don't have Darko, Miller, Randolph, Toliver, or Beasley.

Both the Suns and T-Wolves have really turned their rosters since the end of the season. Both have about 7 players each gone from the year ending roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Minnesota drafting Wes Johnson over Demarcus Cousins was the worst draft day blunder in the past 3 seasons.

Is it truly a surprise with Kahn in charge? I'm not sure he made the best choice available back in June.

Why is that relevant??
    If 11 of the top 15 British Open finishers were black, people would have the same reaction.

Just noticing race isn't racist. It's making an effort to understand the world we live in.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I just don't see where the Suns made out like a bandit. To me Warrick for Johnson... salary wise. Lopez for a protected 1st. To me it's just a nice trade for the Suns.

It was a nice trade for Minnie too, b/c they get Lopez to b/u Pekovic since they now don't have Darko, Miller, Randolph, Toliver, or Beasley.

Both the Suns and T-Wolves have really turned their rosters since the end of the season. Both have about 7 players each gone from the year ending roster.
    The Hornets got Lopez, not Minnesota.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    If 11 of the top 15 British Open finishers were black, people would have the same reaction.

Just noticing race isn't racist. It's making an effort to understand the world we live in.
    I personally don't need someone pointing out how many white vs black players are on a team. I, like 99.99% of the people who follow NBA BB, know that 70-80% of the NBA players aren't white, so I see no relevance in it being pointed out a team has x amount of a particular race on a team. I'm not sure how many white players the Pacers have on the team as I don't look at their race I look at them as BB players... as everyone should!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post

The Hornets got Lopez, not Minnesota.

LOL! DUH, and I'm always the one b******* to myself about others lack of reading comprehension!!!

Thanks for pointing out my lack of reading comprehension. I never have a problem being shown when I make a mistake.

PacerDude

I personally don't need someone pointing out how many white vs black players are on a team. I, like 99.99% of the people who follow NBA BB, know that 70-80% of the NBA players aren't white, so I see no relevance in it being pointed out a team has x amount of a particular race on a team. I'm not sure how many white players the Pacers have on the team as I don't look at their race I look at them as BB players... as everyone should!
    Dude, shut up... You just looked at the race by putting a percentage with it. I, personally, don't need someone pointing out someone else pointing out how many white vs black players are on a team.

PacerDude

@JerryZgoda: Per @WojYahooNBA earlier tweets, league sources confirm Wolves are targeting Kirilenko, perhaps at $9M a season for at least 2 years
    wow, what a mistake... Kahn has no idea what he's doing. I thought the reason AK wasn't signed by anyone last summer was because he is over the hill and lost a step... why 9 mil? what is that going to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Since no one is asking.....why would that be crazy?
    I think their breaking a by-law or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    you're probably correct. But Cousins still has that aspect to his personality. There is a chance that he could melt down at any moment. If you were the Kings, would you give this guy $50M/4yrs? I know they have to, but I bet they seriously think about it.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

So Minnesota lost 2 high lotto picks - Flynn (#6 in 2009) and Wes Johnson (#4 in 2010), gone for peanuts. And yet Minnesota is actually a vastly improved team over the last few years. Guess high lotto picks aren't the be-all and end-all after all

Similar argument could be made for Thabeet, or even Darko - high profile lotto busts who didn't materially influence their team's fortunes.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

J7F

Exactly, that's you personally. I don't think the person pointing it out was directing it toward you. You don't have an interest in it, that's cool. But some of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    So Minnesota lost 2 high lotto picks - Flynn (#6 in 2009) and Wes Johnson (#4 in 2010), gone for peanuts. And yet Minnesota is actually a vastly improved team over the last few years. Guess high lotto picks aren't the be-all and end-all after all
    I think it's more that they had such a high volume of lottery picks, they were bound to hit one or two eventually.