Page 154 of 178 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3826

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Lance will be the backup sg and will see regular minutes. Why else would we keep him around if we weren't going to play him this season
    We keep Lance around because he's still cheap and still has potential to develop. He'll get minutes this season, no doubt (both at the 2 and the 1, I suspect). That's not the same as trying to go deeper in the playoffs, however. Come playoff time, I'll be surprised if he's in the main (8- or 9-man) rotation. For a serious playoff run, we're still a little thin.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  2. #3827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Yes to Pietrus, we need somebody that can help guard Lebron, so far we don't have a player like that and nope I don't think Green is that guy, man Rush could be so perfect here ....

  3. #3828
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Using exception on Barbosa would seem such a waste. We could've just signed him before Hill/Hibbert and kept the excetpion. well, that's what the Knicks or the Lakers would do. maybe it doesn't matter much for us.

  4. #3829
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...oming-season/1

    The NBA announced their salary cap and luxury tax for the 2012-13 season, which will remain the same as it was the past two seasons: $58.044 million for the salary cap and $70.307 million for the luxury tax threshold

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  6. #3830

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Any news about a possible deal for Rush? Awefully quiet regarding him.

  7. #3831
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any news about a possible deal for Rush? Awefully quiet regarding him.

    Golden State has said they'd match any deal up to the full mid-level. It's quiet because it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he's going to stay with the Warriors.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/...r-time-brandon
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  9. #3832
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,646

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/s...53124962533376
    Celtics to acquire G Courtney Lee from Rockets in a sign and trade sending back F JaJuan Johnson, sources tell Y! Details being finalized.
    I wouldn't start house shopping yet JaJaun.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  11. #3833
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/s...53124962533376


    I wouldn't start house shopping yet JaJaun.
    He is like 8th string in Houston I didnt like him at all for the NBA though so maybe Im just being harsh. Dont more players need to be involved maybe Moore?? I cant see Lee signing for 1m dollars or whatever chump change J.J makes.

  12. #3834
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/s...53124962533376


    I wouldn't start house shopping yet JaJaun.

    He's still guaranteed for this upcoming year, so unless they flip him again (doubtful?) he can at least look for a nice rental

    maybe a nice duplex or something

  13. #3835
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,942

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/s...53124962533376


    I wouldn't start house shopping yet JaJaun.
    As mentioned before....the Rockets are collecting PFs now. I'd send a future 2nd round pick for JuJuan if the FO didn't think we needed another WingMan. Heck, I'd send Hansbrough to some other Team for a 2nd round pick and then re-route it over to the Rockets for JuJuan Johnson.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #3836

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Dont more players need to be involved maybe Moore?? I cant see Lee signing for 1m dollars or whatever chump change J.J makes.

    That was my thought about Lee signing for 1 mil plus. Surely, there has to be more to this deal.

    What does Houston need another PF for? If they collect enough of them, do they get an award for having the most PF's on a team? Who really wants Johnson or his counterpart DJ White? Both were late 1st round picks, who have accomplished nothing but collecting an NBA paycheck. Love those guaranteed contracts!

  15. #3837

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    E'Twan Moore is going to Houston too. He has had some good moments in summer league, learning to play PG (as a shoot-first PG), but he can score.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  16. #3838
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    E'Twan Moore is going to Houston too. He has had some good moments in summer league, learning to play PG (as a shoot-first PG), but he can score.
    He's basically guaranteed to get released before his contract becomes guaranteed. I think that happens tomorrow.

    I don't expect him to last too long on the unemployment line though.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  17. #3839
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I expect Etwan to do well, even for a second rounder. I think he can get a reasonable offer and be a good player later on.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #3840
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eron Gordon?? Maybe for another 2 or 3 years
    touche.


    Moore may sign with Bulls; Johnson may not go to HOU.
    http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/b...-from-houston/
    Also saw that Bulls got Radmanovic (to replace Asik?)

  19. #3841
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Zach Lowe: Cavs will sign Jon Leuer, waived this week by Houston. Twitter
    .

  20. #3842
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Unfortunately, Greg Steimsma signs with Minnesota, not Cleveland.

  21. #3843
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Phoenix, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta and Indiana have all been mentioned as potential destinations for him with nothing coming to fruition so far. The 6-foot-6 Delfino, who is back on the court after undergoing surgery to repair a sports hernia in early May, said he's not nervous about going to the Olympics without a contract. HoopsHype
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  22. #3844

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Adam Morrison Steals The Show Against The Celtics
    by Dave Shook • Jul 22, 2012 8:41 PM EDT

    http://boston.sbnation.com/2012/7/22...-summer-league

    The Celtics completed the final leg of their Summer League slate tonight in Las Vegas against the LA Clippers, but fans who tuned in to get one last look at Celtics draft picks Jared Sullinger, Kris Joseph and Fab Melo instead saw the incredible rebirth of one of the most maligned players in recent NBA history, Adam Morrison.

    Morrison, the former Gonzaga star and poster child for the futility of the Charlotte Bobcats under Michael Jordan, poured in an electric 26 points, including four three pointers. His incredible display of offense was met by wild applause from the folks in attendance at the Thomas and Mack Center.

    Watching Morrison hit circus shot after circus shot was a great reminder of what he used to be when he played for the Bulldogs under Mark Few. Those Gonzaga teams were some of the nations best, but Morrison and his trademark mustache had faded out of sight in recent years amid criticism that he wasn't strong enough or athletic enough to make it in the NBA.

    His performance, not only tonight, but all week, was a great reminder of how Summer League can be a springboard to redemption for players like him. Here's hoping Morrison gets an opportunity to build on his great summer and latch on with another NBA team.


    ---
    so.... vet min offer as 14th man, or not?

    Stash the 'stache!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  23. #3845
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    As I posted in another thread, He would be a serious option to backup the SF spot and Gerald backing up the SG spot. Would also be good in case of a Danny, Paul and/or Green absents. He would be ready to contribute and should be really cheap.

    I expect the Wolves will go after him tho. why stop now!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  24. #3846
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If we want a SF for the minimum, I would go after Christian Eyenga before Adam Morrison. I think this because he has a better chance being effective when it matters against small forwards or bigger shooting guards. Say Gerald Green or Danny Granger are injured in the playoffs... Eyenga defends the hell out of opposing players and then has to be chased around in transition.

    Eyenga, Paul George, and Gerald Green are some of the greatest athletes in the NBA. Now that we have a player who can pass in transition (Augustin), we could be dangerous on the break. Not only do we have them, but we also have Mahinmi and Plumlee who are also guys who can get out on the break.

  25. #3847
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we want a SF for the minimum, I would go after Christian Eyenga before Adam Morrison. I think this because he has a better chance being effective when it matters against small forwards or bigger shooting guards. Say Gerald Green or Danny Granger are injured in the playoffs... Eyenga defends the hell out of opposing players and then has to be chased around in transition.

    Eyenga, Paul George, and Gerald Green are some of the greatest athletes in the NBA. Now that we have a player who can pass in transition (Augustin), we could be dangerous on the break. Not only do we have them, but we also have Mahinmi and Plumlee who are also guys who can get out on the break.
    I'd like to see Adam Morrison. He has great talent, he just has injuries. For an end-of-the-bench/minimum player, he'd be a low risk high reward player.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. #3848
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we want a SF for the minimum, I would go after Christian Eyenga before Adam Morrison. I think this because he has a better chance being effective when it matters against small forwards or bigger shooting guards. Say Gerald Green or Danny Granger are injured in the playoffs... Eyenga defends the hell out of opposing players and then has to be chased around in transition.

    Eyenga, Paul George, and Gerald Green are some of the greatest athletes in the NBA. Now that we have a player who can pass in transition (Augustin), we could be dangerous on the break. Not only do we have them, but we also have Mahinmi and Plumlee who are also guys who can get out on the break.
    Eyenga is still under contract with the Lakers.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  28. #3849
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    True, but I just fear the sight of Lebron faced up against him if one of our guys were to go down with an ankle sprain or something of the sorts for a short amount of time.

  29. #3850
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eyenga is still under contract with the Lakers.
    Dern. I forgot he went there; thought he was a summer league sign on.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •