Page 153 of 178 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet another reason for me to hate the Knicks fanbase.....yep....total class from the NYC fans.
    Yep, all class..... third class.....

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's claimed by someone. Every team in the league is eligible since he only makes the minimum.
    which makes it very surprising that Morey couldn't get anything for him. A low 2nd rounder, cash, heck --- rights to swap 2nd rounders. Anything.
    I have to think a team like Miami or the Lakers would benefit from getting him.
    They didn't need a team with cap space to make a deal.

Maybe they are just spending all their time and energy on Howard and decided not to bother, i don't know.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    As expected, Toronto signed Jonas Valanciunas, their 5th overall pick last year.
    my choice for ROTY him or Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    my choice for ROTY him or Lillard
    Yeah, I'll take the consensus #1 pick in the draft. But good for you for going against the grain.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, I'll take the consensus #1 pick in the draft. But good for you for going against the grain.
    Jonas defensively I think will be special and his body is more NBA ready. I think Davis will be great as a rookie but offensively he wont be asked to do as much with Gordon and River's their. I just think Jonas is a perfect fit with the personal around him Kyle Lowry and him will be beasting PnR's all year. With Bargs stretching the floor I could easily see him as a 13-10-2 guy with elite defense as a rookie(depeding on how quick he adjust that is a little optismtic on my part more likely 9-8-2 really depends on how he gets used). I am proablly wrong he will need time to adjust from the Euro league to the NBA but he has elite talent I was shocked he fell to the 5th in his draft will be a steal. But loved the Kyle Lowry trade that trade was made with Jonas in mind that Raps team should be a top 7 defensive team now adding 2 great defenders at 2 key positions and adding Fields another quality defender. Casey worked miracles last year turning the defense around now that he has better personal it should be elite. I wouldnt be surprised if the Raps made the playoffs.

Lillard I think will have a great chance will likely be the leading scorer of rookies. He and Aldridge will be a nightmare to deal with. I see him averaging 18 and 7 but depending on what the voters value I could see him winning it very easily if I had a gun to my head and had to pick one guy I would pick Lillard. He will be the main option in POR from everything I am reading. Him and Aldridge in the PnR I see them running to death.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-18-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    well, it's tough to win ROY if defense is a huge part of your talent. it usually takes some time to adjust and for everyone to take notice. also, your teammates can have huge impact on your defensive success.

I don't think Valanciunas will be in the mix either, he'll be much lower on the offensive 'food chain' in Toronto than Davis in NO, and I don't think he'll have a huge defensive impact right away, either. I doubt he's even on the all-rookie 1st team.

My bet would be one of Lillard, Barnes, Beal and Waiters. All 4 should have major offensive roles on their teams, either with the ball or next to a very good point guard.

Yet another reason for me to hate the Knicks fanbase.....yep....total class from the NYC fans.

I don't like NY either, but fanbases are all alike, just the bigger cities have more people so they also have more knuckleheads and trolls. PD would have sounded just the same if Hibbert would have gone to Portland under the same circumstances.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

I asked this question a few days ago and got no answer, so I'll ask it again.

What is the Pacers salary with the roster as it is now? How close are they to the LT?

I don't see the Pacers going after Leuer since they drafted Plum Jam, traded for Mahinmi, and have Pendergraph. He'd be sitting at the end of the bench with Pendergraph or in a suit.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Anthony Davis has to be relatively disappointing to NOT win Rookie of the Year. He'll get a lot of highlight reel blocks, a bunch of double-doubles, and tons of attention for even the most ordinary plays that he makes. He's on Team USA for crying out loud... pretty sure he's the prohibitive favorite, unless one of the other guys breaks out for 20PPG and a playoff push.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

What is the Pacers salary with the roster as it is now? How close are they to the LT?

I don't see the Pacers going after Leuer since they drafted Plum Jam, traded for Mahinmi, and have Pendergraph. He'd be sitting at the end of the bench with Pendergraph or in a suit.
    roughly 65 mil. Still plenty of room to use "room" exception (2.5 mil) or add minimum salary players.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I knew we had to keep Hibbert even if it meant paying him max money and while it was a little hard to swallow, the Blazers giving Batum 46.5mil for 4 years makes it so much easier to swallow and be happy with. I really want to laugh at them.

Now that I say that, he'll probably have a break out year and score 17-19pts or Minnesota will be dumb enough to give them three 1st round picks.

Timberwolves would be really dumb to trade them three 1st round picks imo. The contract seems bad enough within itself let alone giving up a bunch of 1st round picks.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I don't like NY either, but fanbases are all alike, just the bigger cities have more people so they also have more knuckleheads and trolls. PD would have sounded just the same if Hibbert would have gone to Portland under the same circumstances.
    I was referring to some of the really "out of bounds" remarks that some of them made that were made by some of those knuckleheads. Even if Hibbert left Indy for Portland....I don't think that Indy fans would have made comments like some of the ones that were made on Lin's facebook page. I will give the Indy Fanbase the benefit of the doubt.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I was referring to some of the really "out of bounds" remarks that some of them made that were made by some of those knuckleheads. Even if Hibbert left Indy for Portland....I don't think that Indy fans would have made comments like some of the ones that were made on Lin's facebook page. I will give the Indy Fanbase the benefit of the doubt.
    People on facebook pages are morons. The knicks have more people on their facebook page, so more morons.

I really don't think any fan base is any better then any other, and I think it's do to the Internet. People say what ever they feel like saying, because it's not face to face.

Plus it seems to be getting worse. People are saying how great PD is, but it was better several years ago because there wasn't so much negativity and strife. I actually found it stressful until I started putting people on ignore. I still get bent out of shape by some peoples #%&^% comments, and make scathing replys, but you don't get to read those because I wind up deleting them.

I think this place got stressful for Hicks too, but being a mod he couldn't put people on ignore and had to deal with it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I knew we had to keep Hibbert even if it meant paying him max money and while it was a little hard to swallow, the Blazers giving Batum 46.5mil for 4 years makes it so much easier to swallow and be happy with. I really want to laugh at them.

Now that I say that, he'll probably have a break out year and score 17-19pts or Minnesota will be dumb enough to give them three 1st round picks.

Timberwolves would be really dumb to trade them three 1st round picks imo. The contract seems bad enough within itself let alone giving up a bunch of 1st round picks.
    How do you not take Derrick Williams and picks. I'd have done that in a heartbeat.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

Hibbert $13.7m
    Granger $13m
    West $10m
    Hill $8m* (I'm assuming Hill's contract is a flat $8m per year until otherwise informed)
    Mahinmi $4m
    Green $3.5m
    Augustin $3.5m
    Hansbrough $3m
    George $2.6m
    Pendergraph $1.5m
    Plumlee $1m
    Stephenson $0.9m
    Johnson $0.5m (until otherwise informed)

Total $65.2m, luxury tax is at roughly $70m.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    roughly 65 mil. Still plenty of room to use "room" exception (2.5 mil) or add minimum salary players.
    Or I could have just quoted you

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

So if Barbosa is going to be player #14, and paid somewhere in the 1-2 million dollar range, the roster is full and we are 3-4 million below the luxury tax. We still have the option of carrying either 14 or 15 players, right?

Someone could beat out Pendergraph in camp, I suppose.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Hibbert $13.7m
    Granger $13m
    West $10m
    Hill $8m* (I'm assuming Hill's contract is a flat $8m per year until otherwise informed)
    Mahinmi $4m
    Green $3.5m
    Augustin $3.5m
    Hansbrough $3m
    George $2.6m
    Pendergraph $1.5m
    Plumlee $1m
    Stephenson $0.9m

My personal opinion is that the Pacers will not add another player unless it's thru a trade. For some reason ,I have a feeling ownership put a 65 Mil limit on the FO spending. Ownership was true to their word that they were willing to spend money, and they have but with a limit on spending. Again, I'll be surprised if any more players are added unless it's thru a trade. JMOAA

Sports Logo

Hibbert $13.7m
    Granger $13m
    West $10m
    Mahinmi $4m
    Green $3.5m
    Augustin $3.5m
    Hansbrough $3m
    George $2.6m
    Pendergraph $1.5m
    Plumlee $1m
    Stephenson $0.9m

Since we are over the Salary Cap but under the Luxury Tax......how do we sign Barbosa?

I am not sure how this works....are we able to use either of the Smaller or bigger MLE to sign Players EVEN if we are over the SalaryCap?

If we are able to sign some Players...how much can we spend?

Is there a maximum ( like the Veteran Minimum ) that Teams can spend regardless of how much they are over the Salary Cap or Luxury Tax?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    So if Barbosa is going to be player #14, and paid somewhere in the 1-2 million dollar range, the roster is full and we are 3-4 million below the luxury tax. We still have the option of carrying either 14 or 15 players, right?
    In another thread Vnzla quoted Wells as saying Barbosa has "officially" been replaced by Green and will not be re-signed. The guy I'm most interested in seeing us sign is Mickael Pietrus, who I'd like to see at backup SF, and Green playing mostly backup SG. (I see Lance as 11th or 12th man on this team.)

"In addition to their pursuit of Carlos Delfino, the Celtics remain very much in the picture for Mickael Pietrus.

"His agent, Bill McCandless, has told CSNNE.com that his client has had a number of teams express interest, but the connection Pietrus made with Celtics players and their fans is very strong."

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-bost...blockID=742757
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

Since we are over the Salary Cap but under the Luxury Tax......how do we sign Barbosa?
    Bird rights I'm guessing.

Hibbert $13.7m
    Granger $13m
    West $10m
    Mahinmi $4m
    Green $3.5m
    Augustin $3.5m
    Hansbrough $3m
    George $2.6m
    Pendergraph $1.5m
    Plumlee $1m
    Stephenson $0.9m

Boy, it just doesn't seem like we added $32+M worth of salary this offseason.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    In another thread Vnzla quoted Wells as saying Barbosa has "officially" been replaced by Green and will not be re-signed. The guy I'm most interested in seeing us sign is Mickael Pietrus, who I'd like to see at backup SF, and Green playing mostly backup SG. (I see Lance as 11th or 12th man on this team.)

"In addition to their pursuit of Carlos Delfino, the Celtics remain very much in the picture for Mickael Pietrus.

"His agent, Bill McCandless, has told CSNNE.com that his client has had a number of teams express interest, but the connection Pietrus made with Celtics players and their fans is very strong."

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-bost...blockID=742757
    I think Lance will be the backup sg and will see regular minutes. Why else would we keep him around if we weren't going to play him this season
    David "And One" West

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

I am not sure how this works....are we able to use either of the Smaller or bigger MLE to sign Players EVEN if we are over the SalaryCap?

If we are able to sign some Players...how much can we spend?

Is there a maximum ( like the Veteran Minimum ) that Teams can spend regardless of how much they are over the Salary Cap or Luxury Tax?
    The new CBA created a "Room Exception" for teams to use if they were under the cap and then went over, like the Pacers did this year. It's worth $2.575 million. They could use that to re-sign Barbosa, because I'd think he could get more than the minimum.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    The new CBA created a "Room Exception" for teams to use if they were under the cap and then went over, like the Pacers did this year. It's worth $2.575 million. They could use that to re-sign Barbosa, because I'd think he could get more than the minimum.
    Although I would prefer to not get any Wing Players, if the FO is determined to add MORE depth to the Wing Positions.....I am very sure that we can get a better FA than Barbosa for that much.

I am pretty confident that there will be a quality FA that can be had at a "below Market" contract. Some Player is going to fall through the cracks and will be desperate enough to sign at a very reasonable price.