Page 151 of 178 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vet minimum anybody? He might be a good player coach for Mahimni and Plumlee. I really haven't wanted him in the past couple years, but the way the team is set up...it's an interesting thought now. And Larry isn't here now. Could the stars be align for a Oneal return?

“I’m not stupid, I don’t think I can go for 20 every night anymore, but I do believe I can go for 20 on any given night. It’s just about finding a position whether it’s coming off the bench or starting, whether its 15 minutes or 30 minutes, whatever the coaches ask you to do it’s just about having the opportunity to be yourself. I just want to get to the level that I know I’m physically right. HoopsWorld

“That’s the only goal,” O’Neal said. “Winning a championship is the only goal. There’s no guarantee in this league, everything has to go right to win. I know that personally. It’s not about money because if I sign, it will be for the minimum. I’ve made a ton of money in this league. The NBA has been very good to me and my family so it’s not about that. It’s about being healthy and being strong. And again this is by far the best I’ve felt in five years. Between the treatment in Germany and my coaches here, strength and conditioning coaches and basketball coaches, it’s been a really good relationship between the three. I’m looking forward to it we’ll see what happens.” HoopsWorld
    Some guys can't walk away until they can't walk.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Since Jimmer is now buried behind 2 guys can we trade Tyler for him?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Vet minimum anybody? He might be a good player coach for Mahimni and Plumlee. I really haven't wanted him in the past couple years, but the way the team is set up...it's an interesting thought now. And Larry isn't here now. Could the stars be align for a Oneal return?

“I’m not stupid, I don’t think I can go for 20 every night anymore, but I do believe I can go for 20 on any given night. It’s just about finding a position whether it’s coming off the bench or starting, whether its 15 minutes or 30 minutes, whatever the coaches ask you to do it’s just about having the opportunity to be yourself. I just want to get to the level that I know I’m physically right. HoopsWorld

“That’s the only goal,” O’Neal said. “Winning a championship is the only goal. There’s no guarantee in this league, everything has to go right to win. I know that personally. It’s not about money because if I sign, it will be for the minimum. I’ve made a ton of money in this league. The NBA has been very good to me and my family so it’s not about that. It’s about being healthy and being strong. And again this is by far the best I’ve felt in five years. Between the treatment in Germany and my coaches here, strength and conditioning coaches and basketball coaches, it’s been a really good relationship between the three. I’m looking forward to it we’ll see what happens.” HoopsWorld
    I remember JO always saying how great he felt before the season and then would go on to get injured year in and year out.

Having said that, it would have been great for JO to retire as a Pacer.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I agree.....but if it came down to LeDecision or the Knicks winning another Championship and seeing Kobe/Nash/Dwight winning one...I'd settle with seeing LaLaLand winning it all. All are necessary evils....but at least Nash gets one.
    I'd pick Miami or the Knicks

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Hornets match the contract right?

Does that mean that the Hornets have to go with the contract that the Suns gave him ( as in having the 3rd year that he can opt out )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere already, but I was wondering how many teams are allowed to bid on amnestied players? Is it just teams under the cap? If so, why the hell didn't we take advantage of it? If it's only a handful of teams I can't figure out why we decided against bidding on players like Scola or Brand.

btw Birdman just got amestied... he would have been a nice 4th or 5th big

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Hornets match the contract right?

Does that mean that the Hornets have to go with the contract that the Suns gave him ( as in having the 3rd year that he can opt out )?
    Yes and if he is healthy and worthy of another max deal he will opt out then. After his 3rd year is up he will be at 7 years of service and get a much bigger max. His agent im sure put it in there for that reason he will be opting out then if he is still worth a max.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Then we can have another conversation about giving a contract to Gordon in 2015!!!!
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

this is wonderful

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Yes and if he is healthy and worthy of another max deal he will opt out then. After his 3rd year is up he will be at 7 years of service and get a much bigger max. His agent im sure put it in there for that reason he will be opting out then if he is still worth a max.
    That means that when Granger comes off the books....you make a huge MAX offer to him...and BAM!....just like magic....EJ is a Pacer.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

That means that when Granger comes off the books....you make a huge MAX offer to him...and BAM!....just like magic....EJ is a Pacer.
    The Gordon believers are vindicated! Its all part of the master plan. Gordon is sooo desperate to play for Indiana that he knew the only way to make it happen would be to sign for Phoenix! The Hornets matching and allowing the 3rd year opt out was all part of the master plan. Gordon is a genius! He is so desperate to get here it seems he is willing to play half his career elsewhere - JUST TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Then we can have another conversation about giving a contract to Gordon in 2015!!!!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    lol@retiring his number

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Sources close to Omar Asik tell me Bulls not expected to match Rockets offer.

----
    dang, I was hoping the Bulls would be tied to an awful, awful contract like that
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    dang, I was hoping the Bulls would be tied to an awful, awful contract like that
    what's with these big market teams giving their 2nd rounders short contracts, anyway.

Asik, Landry Fields. You draft a guy early in the 2nd round, and then you give him 2 years. If you don't feel he's worth 1 mil or so in years 3 and 4, why even bother drafting him so high.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    what's with these big market teams giving their 2nd rounders short contracts, anyway.

Asik, Landry Fields. You draft a guy early in the 2nd round, and then you give him 2 years. If you don't feel he's worth 1 mil or so in years 3 and 4, why even bother drafting him so high.
    Not sure what the deal is with that. Seems like the Pacers always give our 2nd rounders 4 year contracts with 2 team options like first rounders.

from the Knicks facebook page:

Got to love bandwagon fans.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The deadline to amnesty Players just passed.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...thony_Randolph

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._On_Ryan_Gomes

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Andray_Blatche

Birdman, Gomes and Blatche amnestied.

Gomes is a Glue-guy right? On DraftExpress, Draymond Green was compared to Gomes.....any interest ( assuming that any can come cheap )?

Got to love bandwagon fans.
    Something just occurred to me.

Obviously with the guy having a Chinese name, and not knowing the Rockets play in Houston, he's first and foremost a Lin fan. In other words he's a fan of the team Lin plays on. Does that make one a bandwagon fan?

Say you are parents of a high school basketball phenom, but not a basketball fan. You follow your child though high school and college, but you don't pay ANY attention to those teams after your daughter leaves to play in the WNBA. Would you be considered a band wagon fan? Your loyalty is consistent.

You weren't thinking daughter were you? Hehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Something just occurred to me.

Obviously with the guy having a Chinese name, and not knowing the Rockets play in Houston, he's first and foremost a Lin fan. In other words he's a fan of the team Lin plays on. Does that make one a bandwagon fan?

Say you are parents of a high school basketball phenom, but not a basketball fan. You follow your child though high school and college, but you don't pay ANY attention to those teams after your daughter leaves to play in the WNBA. Would you be considered a band wagon fan? Your loyalty is consistent.

You weren't thinking daughter were you? Hehehehe!
    It depends if he was a Lin fan before and stays a Lin fan after he starts to play worse.

4 year contracts to 2nd rd players with the 3rd and 4th year Team Options only makes sense. If the player isn't meeting expectations, teams don't pick up the option year. If the player is meeting the criteria of expectations, the team picks up the option. It's only makes good business sense.

Well, probably wasn't a fan before, since there wasn't much to see before NY.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

stay classy knicks fans

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post

stay classy knicks fans
    That's freaking ridiculous. I mean seriously. Seeing how he was originally given an un-guaranteed contract and was about to be cut by the Knicks before he finally got a chance to start because of injuries, he doesn't owe the knicks nor their fans anything. I'm all for being passionate about a team, but this is going a bit too far. Funny thing is, they can hate on him all they want, but dude's still paid lol.