Page 15 of 178 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Banned

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

#26 for Mcbob?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/21/la...?sct=nba_t2_a5
    The Los Angeles Lakers traded their first-round pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers in March in a package for point guard Ramon Sessions. Sessions recently opted out of his contract, although he said he would consider re-signing with L.A.

The Lakers, though, may still be able to salvage something on draft night, however. Sam Amico of FoxSportsOhio.com tweets that an Eastern Conference executive tells him that the Lakers are trying to trade back into the first round, with an eye on the Baylor frontcourt duo of Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh god...please delete this post before other people see it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    #26+DWest+Dahntay for Pau?

On a serious note, I doubt Quincy Miller is there at 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    How come we have not been linked to anybody at all yet in regards to the PG position i think this is a little concerning tbh
    I truly believe the plan is to draft 2, sign 1 to cover the 3 glaring areas of need (point guard, scoring wing, quality backup big). I'm 99% sure they're gunning for an extra (higher) draft pick. And with DC as trade bait, I don't see it being too difficult to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Pretty sad with all the points out there in FA and none are linked to the Pacers in any way. A playoff team in need of a pg should be newsworthy, or at least worthy of some rumors. Pacers always get shafted.
    The Pacers, especially Bird don't leak whats going on. When you read something about the Pacers it's almost always speculation. For example the Pacers are always linked to E. Gordon even though he is restricted and the Pacers don't go after restricted free agents. Other teams sometimes have leaks when they are dealing with the Pacers, for example one of Atlanta's owners when we were dealing for Al Harrington several years ago.

However, most Pacer trades seem to come out of the blue, we don't know anything until the trade has been made. Thus the Pacers aren't getting shafted, it's just the media doesn't know.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

well for some reason twitter is down so i can't post the link... but Steve Kyler said Houston has a deal in place to send Dalembert and possibly the 16th... but he did not say to where.... could it be the pacers??

edit: found the tweet on hoopsworld

stevekylerNBA: Hearing Houston Rockets have a deal in the works to move Sam Dalembert and possibly the 16th pick
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 06-21-2012 at 02:00 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    The Pacers, especially Bird don't leak whats going on. When you read something about the Pacers it's almost always speculation. For example the Pacers are always linked to E. Gordon even though he is restricted and the Pacers don't go after restricted free agents. Other teams sometimes have leaks when they are dealing with the Pacers, for example one of Atlanta's owners when we were dealing for Al Harrington several years ago.

However, most Pacer trades seem to come out of the blue, we don't know anything until the trade has been made. Thus the Pacers aren't getting shafted, it's just the media doesn't know.

Bird plays it close to the vest. There was never a rumor about the Pacers trading for Barbosa. Even though we know Rush was a goner, never a rumor about Lou for Rush trade either. I'm not sure there was even a rumor about the DC/Murphy trade either.

IIRC, there wasn't any rumors about the fallen thru trade with Charlotte until the trade fell thru.

I'll give Bird credit that he plays it close to the vest without tipping his hand. I won't be the least bit surprised if there is a trade at the draft. It just seems awfully quite on the home front which makes me feel something might be in the works for next weeks draft.

Bird can't afford to sit still during the off season while others get better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

An idea that is becoming more and more appealing to me is to trade Collison and Hansbrough for the highest pick we can get (somewhere in the lottery) and grab a guy either Lillard/Marshall (ideal) or Zeller/Leonard (more realistic). Then use the 26th pick to grab either Marquis Teague if we draft a bigman or a guy like Nicholson, Ezeli or Melo if we draft a PG.

My logic is that I think Teague could be a similar player to Collison due to his explosive first step and tight handle, and with Hill (assuming we resign him) still holding down the starting spot Teague/whoever wouldn't be forced into a tough role as a rookie. I also think that any of those bigmen we could take at 26 would either be on par with Hansbrough or not a substantial step backwards.

Thoughts?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Hell, that could be for DC.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340304360.180330.jpg

Looks like it isnt us. Sam Amick says Houston is wanting to move up.

Via twitter.com/sam_amick
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    well for some reason twitter is down so i can't post the link... but Steve Kyler said Houston has a deal in place to send Dalembert and possibly the 16th... but he did not say to where.... could it be the pacers??

edit: found the tweet on hoopsworld

http://www.hoopsworld.com/

I can see it from a Pacers perspective, but why would the Rockets trade for DC when they have Dragic and Lowry? Unless Houston is going to trade Lowry. Then there is the fact of salaries not matching up. I realize the Pacers can take on the extra 4 mil, and it would only be for a year.

Personally, I like the trade, but I don't see the trade happening for the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340304360.180330.jpg

Looks like it isnt us. Sam Amick says Houston is wanting to move up.

Via twitter.com/sam_amick

I didn't figure it was.

Maybe Portland who has the #6 & #11. Plus, Portland need a Center.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

16 and Dalembert would be a great deal, depending on what you give up.

Puts you in running for Sullinger or PJIII, if you want to take a shot. Or could give you a rotation player like Zeller. You may get a Wroten, Kendall Marshall, or Austin Rivers. Regardless, I think you get a chance to get a guy who you can work with.

Dalembert would be a perfect back up center behind Roy, really you'd have two premier shot blockers protecting the rim for 48 mins a game.

I'd love to be at 16, thats a nice spot.

Sorry if a repost, Pacers bringing Fournier back for a 2nd workout, Bird missed the first one.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/6/2...kout#storyjump

by Evan Sidery on Jun 21, 2012 8:48 AM EDT in Indiana Pacers News

"According to Gery Woefel of the Racine Journal-Times, the Pacers are looking to bring back Evan Fournier for another workout because Larry Bird missed the third predraft workout due to personal reasons. So if Bird missed the whole workout why would he only want Fournier back? This likely means that the Pacers are tipping their hand a little bit by just bringing Fournier in for a personal workout showing someone in the organization is interested in Fournier."

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

As much as I was disappointed I think some here are really underestamating DC's abilities. As much as I dont love his play he , to me, is still a more pure point guard than George Hill. I also doubt any rookie PG could come in and do better in his rookie and even sophmore year than DC

Yes he has flaws and all but I see G Hill as either a starting or back up SG

I would like us to actually resign G Hill or Barbosa, and draft a Kendall Marshal/ Marquis Teague type
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    An idea that is becoming more and more appealing to me is to trade Collison and Hansbrough for the highest pick we can get (somewhere in the lottery) and grab a guy either Lillard/Marshall (ideal) or Zeller/Leonard (more realistic). Then use the 26th pick to grab either Marquis Teague if we draft a bigman or a guy like Nicholson, Ezeli or Melo if we draft a PG.

My logic is that I think Teague could be a similar player to Collison due to his explosive first step and tight handle, and with Hill (assuming we resign him) still holding down the starting spot Teague/whoever wouldn't be forced into a tough role as a rookie. I also think that any of those bigmen we could take at 26 would either be on par with Hansbrough or not a substantial step backwards.

Thoughts?
    I don't think Bird will trade Collison at this time, not with Hill being a restricted free agent. That could lead easily to Hill's agent holding us hostage. Yes Bird could move up to take a rookie point guard, but that would be a step backwards and I really don't think Bird wants to do that. Another thought, not a biggie, but Collision is Hibbert's best friend on the Pacers. People like to play with their best friends, if Collison is gone I think Hibbert would be more likely to leave.

I think Bird will try to move up and get Zeller or another center in the draft for two reasons. One, we need a backup for Hibbert, and two we will need a center if Hibbert gets the max from someone and we don't match.

I no longer think Hibbert will give us a break, or much of one if he does, and I think some one will give him, either the max, or real close to it. Hibbert has said he's not a max player and he recently talked about max players hurting their teams, so I thought he would wait for us to sign a free agent, and give us a break on the amount. However, he's changed his tune, now he's basically saying it's up to his agent. However, that's crud, his agent works for him.

Of course if Bird intends to match ANY offers Hibbert gets then all this is mute.

Another thought, D.Williams wants to sign a new deal quickly so he can concentrate on the Olympics. So If Bird makes him an offer we should know quickly if he's going to accept. That would really have Hibbert wanting to come back if Williams would sign with us. However, I don't think Bird will try very hard for Williams. The Pacers can't afford to pay a max to Williams and a near max to Hibbert, plus Granger and West's contracts.

Have to wait and see how things go down.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 06-21-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    As much as I was disappointed I think some here are really underestamating DC's abilities. As much as I dont love his play he , to me, is still a more pure point guard than George Hill. I also doubt any rookie PG could come in and do better in his rookie and even sophmore year than DC

Yes he has flaws and all but I see G Hill as either a starting or back up SG

I would like us to actually resign G Hill or Barbosa, and draft a Kendall Marshal/ Marquis Teague type
    The thing I like about GHill over DC on this team, is his defense against Point Guards. Even though, I'd probably agree DC is a better Point Guard in running a team, which he probably should be since he's exclusively done that. I think GHill is comparable offensively in scoring AND can defend at a higher level.

The ideal situation would be to get a true pass first Point Guard and let GHill be an outstanding combo guard off the bench, imo. Easier said than done. It's no diss on DC, for me, but unless DC gets better at defending the high pick and roll and understands how to hit a runner in the lane for a lay up on a fast break, I'd have a hard time seeing him as a starter for a championship contender. Whereas with GHIll at least I'm not throwing things at the TV when the other team is running him and Roy off pnr over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Sorry if a repost, Pacers bringing Fournier back for a 2nd workout, Bird missed the first one.

"According to Gery Woefel of the Racine Journal-Times, the Pacers are looking to bring back Evan Fournier for another workout because Larry Bird missed the third predraft workout due to personal reasons. So if Bird missed the whole workout why would he only want Fournier back? This likely means that the Pacers are tipping their hand a little bit by just bringing Fournier in for a personal workout showing someone in the organization is interested in Fournier."
    Eh, not huge on Fournier. Granted Ive only seen him play in games twice, but he always just seemed mediocre. Yes he was always one of the top players, but his opponents were awful and many of his plays were turnovers at the NBA level.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Dalembert's contract is only guaranteed for $1.5 million this season. So it's likely that they're trading him to a team that wants to cut salary rather than to a team that needs a center.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Could be a ploy to get someone to trade up ahead of us to take Fournier. That would cause someone else to fall to our pick.

The thing I like about GHill over DC on this team, is his defense against Point Guards. Even though, I'd probably agree DC is a better Point Guard in running a team, which he probably should be since he's exclusively done that. I think GHill is comparable offensively in scoring AND can defend at a higher level.

Exactly. My point about Teague being able to replace Collison off the bench is focused on the idea that Collison's size and lack of physicality make him too much of a liability to start, so a similar speed type PG could do the job off the bench. I think getting a pick somewhere in the 10-15 range for Collison and then drafting Teague is a perfect way to bolster the bench.

Teague's explosiveness and above average size for a PG makes the 2nd squad an ideal place for him to develop. Throw in a high energy big man like Zeller and that bench just got a lot better.

Trading Collison for a pick in the 10-15 range gives us a few options

Draft Marshall and Nicholson/Melo/Ezeli/etc.
    Draft Zeller and Teague/Wroten

It also puts us in position to capitalize on someone unexpected dropping out of the top 10 (I feel like there's always someone).

On top of all the great opportunities this leaves us in the draft to fill in our depth issues, it leaves absolute flexibility to maneuver through free agency and find more middle upper tier talent or even making a push for a stud like Nash or Deron (highly unlikely though). I am not worried about losing Hibbert; and to be honest, I don't see us giving Hill up unless the front office is confident in our ability to pick up Nash, Lowry, Dragic or another one of the good-great PGs available this offseason.

The ideal situation would be to get a true pass first Point Guard and let GHill be an outstanding combo guard off the bench, imo. Easier said than done. It's no diss on DC, for me, but unless DC gets better at defending the high pick and roll and understands how to hit a runner in the lane for a lay up on a fast break, I'd have a hard time seeing him as a starter for a championship contender. Whereas with GHIll at least I'm not throwing things at the TV when the other team is running him and Roy off pnr over and over.
    The opportunity for a guy like Teague or Marshall to develop, or the opportunity to snag someone in FA makes this scenario plausible.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Could be a ploy to get someone to trade up ahead of us to take Fournier. That would cause someone else to fall to our pick.
    Yep, I always think thats possible too. I can't remember how its played out in the past, but I do remember something about guys who come back for a second workout...I really can't remember, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Bird plays it close to the vest. There was never a rumor about the Pacers trading for Barbosa. Even though we know Rush was a goner, never a rumor about Lou for Rush trade either. I'm not sure there was even a rumor about the DC/Murphy trade either.

IIRC, there wasn't any rumors about the fallen thru trade with Charlotte until the trade fell thru.

I'll give Bird credit that he plays it close to the vest without tipping his hand. I won't be the least bit surprised if there is a trade at the draft. It just seems awfully quite on the home front which makes me feel something might be in the works for next weeks draft.

Bird can't afford to sit still during the off season while others get better.
    True. Has there EVER been a rumor that linked the Pacers and was true?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    True. Has there EVER been a rumor that linked the Pacers and was true?
    The JO trade, the Al trade, Peja, and few others.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I don't think Bird will trade Collison at this time, not with Hill being a restricted free agent. That could lead easily to Hill's agent holding us hostage. Yes Bird could move up to take a rookie point guard, but that would be a step backwards and I really don't think Bird wants to do that. Another thought, not a biggie, but Collision is Hibbert's best friend on the Pacers. People like to play with their best friends, if Collison is gone I think Hibbert would be more likely to leave.

I think Bird will try to move up and get Zeller or another center in the draft for two reasons. One, we need a backup for Hibbert, and two we will need a center if Hibbert gets the max from someone and we don't match.

I no longer think Hibbert will give us a break, or much of one if he does, and I think some one will give him, either the max, or real close to it. Hibbert has said he's not a max player and he recently talked about max players hurting their teams, so I thought he would wait for us to sign a free agent, and give us a break on the amount. However, he's changed his tune, now he's basically saying it's up to his agent. However, that's crud, his agent works for him.

Of course if Bird intends to match ANY offers Hibbert gets then all this is mute.

Another thought, D.Williams wants to sign a new deal quickly so he can concentrate on the Olympics. So If Bird makes him an offer we should know quickly if he's going to accept. That would really have Hibbert wanting to come back if Williams would sign with us. However, I don't think Bird will try very hard for Williams. The Pacers can't afford to pay a max to Williams and a near max to Hibbert, plus Granger and West's contracts.

Have to wait and see how things go down.
    I agree here.....if DC is moved before the draft...it will be to move up to get Lillard ( unlikely ) or Marshall ( more plausible if he's available in the mid-teens ). Otherwise, I can only see DC being moved only after we find out the status of GH.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.