Page 149 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3701
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,826
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    John Gambadoro: OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down. Twitter
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  2. #3702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Gambadoro: OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down. Twitter
    The Lakers are also interested in Mayo......or that is rumor...

  3. #3703

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Gambadoro: OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down. Twitter
    They offer Gordon the max but balk at 8 mil for Mayo? Doesn't sound right.

  4. #3704

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yannis Koutroupis:

    Brandon Rush confirms the Los Angeles Lakers are interested in him. Negotiations are ongoing. Twitter


    The Lakers seem to have an affinity for former Pacers. The more the merrier. LOL!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  6. #3705

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Gambadoro: OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down. Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They offer Gordon the max but balk at 8 mil for Mayo? Doesn't sound right.
    I know the answer. OJ Mayo can't play. At least not $8M worth. Nice scorer. but that's it. He's just a guy. Makes a nice backup 2, but that's it. PHX is willing to pay for talent, ie Gordon, but not for just another guy. Mayo is learning the hard lesson of the NBA. Just because you think you're worth it, it's the other guys that write the checks.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  8. #3706
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They offer Gordon the max but balk at 8 mil for Mayo? Doesn't sound right.
    well, at least Gordon could be worth the max. It's a risk, but if you have confidence in your medical staff, it's reasonable.
    If you are a lottery team that's probably too good to get a top 5 pick, you have to take some kind of risk. So that's ok.

    But 8 mil + a year for Mayo, who's likely a career 6th-7th man on a contender... that's a terrible move.

    The one decision that doesn't make sense to me is Beasley. Do they think he could reach his talent there, for some reason?
    I can get Gordon.
    I can somewhat get Scola (he could be a good trade asset next summer, although they probably should be tanking and get a better pick themselves).
    I can get not overpaying Mayo. But Beasley/3 years/18 mil doesn't seem sensible for where they are.

  9. #3707
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lakers seem to have an affinity for former Pacers. The more the merrier. LOL!
    a few more, and the Pacers can use it as a free agent pitch. "also, we offer a nice retirement plan in Los Angeles. We call it the Lakers."

  10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  11. #3708

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a few more, and the Pacers can use it as a free agent pitch. "also, we offer a nice retirement plan in Los Angeles. We call it the Lakers."

    Nice one! If the thank you button would let me thank you more than once, I would.

  12. #3709
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,080

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    OJ Mayo ‏@JuiceMayo32

    I will be signing with dallas! #Mavsnation

  13. #3710
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OJ Mayo ‏@JuiceMayo32

    I will be signing with dallas! #Mavsnation
    If it's true, I'm guessing 1 year, $8.5 million. Just a flat out guess.

  14. #3711
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,080

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Not that it can't be, but I assume it is real since it is from him. Stuff happens obviously, but seems legit.

  15. #3712
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    didn't cuban make his $ off of yahoo?...he sure sold at the right time, the rat *******...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  17. #3713
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,180

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's true, I'm guessing 1 year, $8.5 million. Just a flat out guess.
    I think the most it can be is a $3.8 million deal, because that's all the room the Mavs have under the cap. My guess it's like the deal Jamal Crawford and J.R. Smith signed last year, two years with a player option in year 2.

  18. #3714

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didn't cuban make his $ off of yahoo?...he sure sold at the right time, the rat *******...
    he created broadcast.com then sold it to Yahoo a few years late for like 5 billion. then Yahoo destroyed it, like they do everything else.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  20. #3715
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,634

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's true, I'm guessing 1 year, $8.5 million. Just a flat out guess.
    Aren't the Mavs close to the SalaryCap?

    I'm guessing that they can make a decent offer....but do they have enough space to make an offer that is greater than the Full MLE?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #3716

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aren't the Mavs close to the SalaryCap?

    I'm guessing that they can make a decent offer....but do they have enough space to make an offer that is greater than the Full MLE?
    They have an almost 9 mil trade exception from dumping Odom to the Clippers. I really don't think you can outright sign a guy with a trade exception, but I don't know for sure. Either way, they can just S&T it to Memphis for the rights to some 35 year old Euro or something.

  22. #3717
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he created broadcast.com then sold it to Yahoo a few years late for like 5 billion. then Yahoo destroyed it, like they do everything else.
    I think it was 6 billion in stocks which he then sold and distributed to avoid losing it all if any one company collapsed


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #3718

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    They have an almost 9 mil trade exception from dumping Odom to the Clippers. I really don't think you can outright sign a guy with a trade exception, but I don't know for sure.

    That's how the Pacers got Harrington the 2nd time. They used the 7.5 TE from Peja.

  24. #3719

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Read this morning in Hoopshype JO is working out for the Lakers. Who is next, Tinsley? LOL!

  25. #3720
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,749

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's how the Pacers got Harrington the 2nd time. They used the 7.5 TE from Peja.
    They traded that TE to Atlanta for Harrington.

  26. #3721
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They traded that TE to Atlanta for Harrington.
    And a first rounder as well, which was the important part for Atlanta. Fortunately, the pick turned into Acie Law.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  28. #3722
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,955

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If Cuban lands Mayo for 3.8 mil, I'd say he's put us to shame this summer.
    Kaman, DC, Jones, Brand, and Mayo versus
    Ian, DJ, Green, Johnson, and never to be used cap space.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  30. #3723
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read this morning in Hoopshype JO is working out for the Lakers. Who is next, Tinsley? LOL!
    That is not as farfetched as you might think. They need a PG and Tinsley at his best is a very good one.....

  31. #3724

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Cuban lands Mayo for 3.8 mil, I'd say he's put us to shame this summer.
    Kaman, DC, Jones, Brand, and Mayo versus
    Ian, DJ, Green, Johnson, and never to be used cap space.
    activity =/= acomplishment

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  33. #3725

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And a first rounder as well, which was the important part for Atlanta. Fortunately, the pick turned into Acie Law.


    The pick was traded to Atlanta in a separate deal. Players and picks can't be included when using a TE. Thus the Pacers traded the pick in a separate deal for John Edwards and his 1.08 contract. The Pacers in return cut/waived Edwards and eating his salary that year.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •