Page 140 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3476

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i suppose we used the rest of cap instead of bidding it on amnestied guys.
    We also have a 2.5 mil exception, but I'd assume we kept that.


    I going to be real PO'd if they had 2.5 mil they could have used to bid on Brand, and instead used it on Barbosa. They could have bid the 2.5 mil on Brand, and if unsuccessful re-signed Barbosa at anytime. The Pacers have more wings now than an osterich farm, so no need for Barbosa.

  2. #3477
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Has anyone asked Wells to confirm this?

  3. #3478
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'd rather see what Lance can do.

    If anything, I'd rather have Ronnie Brewer or Tracy McGrady than Barbosa.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  5. #3479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone asked Wells to confirm this?
    I did and so far nothing.

  6. #3480
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did and so far nothing.
    me too.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  7. #3481
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I going to be real PO'd if they had 2.5 mil they could have used to bid on Brand, and instead used it on Barbosa. They could have bid the 2.5 mil on Brand, and if unsuccessful re-signed Barbosa at anytime. The Pacers have more wings now than an osterich farm, so no need for Barbosa.
    Exceptions can't be used to claim amnesty players.

    ballism, if we did use cap space to sign Barbosa before the H&H signings, then it should have leaked by now. I can only think that the Pacers are offering Barbosa $2.5m or less on a short contract, and he's holding off from signing in the hope that a more lucrative offer turns up.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  9. #3482
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rats i was hoping we would let Leandro "Blackhole" Barbosa go
    I wouldn't judge him that hard as to call him a "blackhole". He played mostly with our bench and our bench could hardly hit the broad side of a barn with tyler n lou. I mean he was only with us what for the last 12 or so games of the regular season and then playoffs. If he is infact back for a minimal contract then I'm not going to be mad since we are sort of in the win now and build for the future mode. However I am a supporter or Lance and I do hope Barbosa isn't coming back since this may very well be Lances last year with us unless he can show us something. With Barbosa it'd be hard for him to see time. Realisticly I think Lance could do what Barbosa does and probably play better D than him too.
    I'm a Beast

  10. #3483
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Man, the Bulls might honestly be kind of bad. Lottery bad depending how late Rose gets back. That offense is going to be remarkably ugly.

  11. #3484
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hansbrough is gonna be suited up on the sideline. Would rather have Lance playing than Barbosa, but you can never have too many capable backups. Augustin, Barbosa, Lance, Green, Mahinmi/Plumlee is probably better than Charlotte's starting 5 last year, lol.
    There is no probably about it...
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #3485
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, the Bulls might honestly be kind of bad. Lottery bad depending how late Rose gets back. That offense is going to be remarkably ugly.
    Oh the joy it will bring us all, even if just for a season
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #3486
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, the Bulls might honestly be kind of bad. Lottery bad depending how late Rose gets back. That offense is going to be remarkably ugly.
    Maybe...Probably

    Last season with Rose 32-7 .821

    Last season without Rose 18-9 .667


    The question is...how much worse will they be without him. This time they know theyre gonna be without him and have a whole offseason to prepare. Thibs is a great coach and that team is amazing defensively. So yea, they most likely will not be as good with Rose out of the lineup. But thats not really a legitimate question. But thinking theyre gonna be bad....well...wont be long before we find out. I know one thing. That .667 winning percentage without him wouldve still been good enough for the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference. And that was done on the fly. So should be interesting.

  14. #3487
    Member Stuckey7370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Princeton, IN
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops

    Dwight Howard is very close to being traded to the ‪#Lakers‬, Orlando TV station reporting: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/07/14/rep
    https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops

  15. #3488
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    In completely unsurprising news, the Hornets are going to match Gordon's offer sheet today

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...likely_to.html

    So Phoenix is probably going to give Mayo a boatload of cash now

  16. #3489
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In completely unsurprising news, the Hornets are going to match Gordon's offer sheet today

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...likely_to.html

    So Phoenix is probably going to give Mayo a boatload of cash now

    So this means people will stop complaining about "not going after Gordon" right?

  17. #3490
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this means people will stop complaining about "not going after Gordon" right?
    Fat chance

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  19. #3491
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If Howard does end up in Lakerland, i cant help but wonder if Gasol leaves along with Bynum. Almost gotta believe he does...because if not...forget it. Howard, Gasol, Kobe and Nash? Dont even bother playn the games.

  20. #3492
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this means people will stop complaining about "not going after Gordon" right?
    Just as the Pacers simply could not afford to lose Hibbert for nothing, NOH could not afford to lose Gordon for nothing. Especially after Gordon was the focal piece of the Chris Paul trade. If the Pacers wouldve pursued Gordon, it most likely wouldve ultimately been via a sign and trade for a number of reasons. I wouldnt be surprised at all if inquiries of a possible trade are made sometime within the next year, once Gordon is eligible to be traded.

  21. #3493
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just as the Pacers simply could not afford to lose Hibbert for nothing, NOH could not afford to lose Gordon for nothing. Especially after Gordon was the focal piece of the Chris Paul trade. If the Pacers wouldve pursued Gordon, it most likely wouldve ultimately been via a sign and trade for a number of reasons. I wouldnt be surprised at all if inquiries of a possible trade are made sometime within the next year, once Gordon is eligible to be traded.
    I kinda doubt it. Everything the FO says is about continuity and having the team grow from within.

  22. #3494
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this means people will stop complaining about "not going after Gordon" right?
    Thank the basketball Gods for that......

  23. #3495
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kinda doubt it. Everything the FO says is about continuity and having the team grow from within.
    Well of course they say that. You think theyre gonna come out say theyre looking to trade for Eric Gordon or anyone else? They have a decent team, theyre not gonna have their guys scared they will be traded. We have seen what that does to teams. Yet, they still will look to get better. At least I certainly hope so. And while theres certainly some doubt as to what impact Gordon might have in wins and losses, I think theres probably little question his acquisition or the acquisition of another marquis type player would impact ticket sales and the business side of things. And thats obviously one thing this small market team could certainly use.

  24. #3496
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    the bulls are going to love the result of next season, and so will stern and the league.... the bulls might not like it during the season but they may get a very high draft pick and then get rose back next year.... heck they'll probably win the lottery just like they did with their 1% chance a few years ago to get rose...some teams are just "luckier" than others.

    If Dwight isn't moved, I wouldn't be surprised to see a late season trade to Chicago when Orlando sees an almost guranteed chance of getting the 1st overall pick in return.

  25. #3497
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank the basketball Gods for that......
    Seriously, there is a slight chance that he will come back from last year's injury and be all good for a while. But there's a huge chance that New Orleans is matching this max contract offer from Phoenix and they are going to see max money in a suit on the bench...

  26. #3498
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,560
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I don't get all of the hate for Barbosa as well. Give him a complete training camp and a full season and he would fit much better to our team and what his role would be. On the other hand if Lance can fill that void why not just let him play and find another big body on the cheap. We might be able to get Fez back.

  27. #3499
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,235

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Howard does end up in Lakerland, i cant help but wonder if Gasol leaves along with Bynum. Almost gotta believe he does...because if not...forget it. Howard, Gasol, Kobe and Nash? Dont even bother playn the games.
    Why would the Lakers want to move Gasol?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. #3500
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,235

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In completely unsurprising news, the Hornets are going to match Gordon's offer sheet today

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...likely_to.html

    So Phoenix is probably going to give Mayo a boatload of cash now
    I'd fully expect that EJ's Agent put in a Player Option or ETO in the 4th year of the contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 04:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •