Page 138 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3426
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Green and George are the backup wings now. Unless they plan on making Lance the regular backup 2, then Green would backup the 3 spot. At this point I'm assuming it will be a 9 man rotation:

    Hill/Augustin
    George/Green
    Granger/George
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Mahinmi
    That's what I'm expecting too:

    PG - GH ( 22mpg ) / DJ ( 26mpg )
    SG - PG ( 30 mpg ) / GH ( 8 mpg ) / Green ( 10 mpg )
    SF - Granger ( 32 mpg ) / Green ( 16 mpg )
    PF - West ( 32 mpg ) / Hansbrough ( 12 mpg ) / Mahinmi ( 6 mpg )
    C - Hibbert ( 30 mpg ) / Mahinmi ( 18 mpg )
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #3427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I'm expecting too:

    PG - GH ( 22mpg ) / DJ ( 26mpg )
    SG - PG ( 30 mpg ) / GH ( 8 mpg ) / Green ( 10 mpg )
    SF - Granger ( 32 mpg ) / Green ( 16 mpg )
    PF - West ( 32 mpg ) / Hansbrough ( 12 mpg ) / Mahinmi ( 6 mpg )
    C - Hibbert ( 30 mpg ) / Mahinmi ( 18 mpg )
    I'm not trying to be a hater, but I wish Hans wasn't getting any minutes at all, at least in the playoffs. I just really soured on him last season.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pezasied182 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3428

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They got Morrow and a bunch of scrap parts like Jordan Farmer Petro in the Joe Johnson trade to make the numbers work. (they may buy him out I dont know really all they wanted was the 1st rd pick and cap space)

    Thanks! There was a time I was interested in getting him with his 4 mil salary, but he just bottomed out as a scorer. Marshon took his place.

  5. #3429
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Adrian Wojnarowski: The Dallas Mavericks have successfully claimed Elton Brand off amnesty waivers, a league source tells Y! Sports. 2 minutes ago

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20XUFzJ2V
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  6. #3430
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Green and George are the backup wings now. Unless they plan on making Lance the regular backup 2, then Green would backup the 3 spot. At this point I'm assuming it will be a 9 man rotation:

    Hill/Augustin
    George/Green
    Granger/George
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Mahinmi

    Hmm, this seems preferable to me:
    Augustin/Hill
    P.George/Hill
    Granger/Green
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Mahinmi

    I also wouldn't be surprised if Hansbrough is traded away for a low second round pick and a bag of potato chips and Plumlee is plugged into his spot as a backup PF/ third string C. Lance could play backup at either guard spot depending on matchups. Lance could cause a lot of problems for weaker reserve guards.

  7. #3431
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,030

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation


  8. #3432
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,738

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I have no idea why we'd sign Players that will take away minutes from Lance. This is Lance's last season before he becomes a Free Agent. If the FO really wants to see if he's worth keeping or not...he has to get consistent minutes....even if it's a minimal but consistent # of minutes ( like 10 mpg ). Getting anyone beyond our current core of GH/PG/Granger/DJ/Green is only going to eat into those minutes.

    We already are 7 deep at our Point Guard, SG and SF rotation.....how much deeper do we need to get at those spots?
    I agree, I'm not saying to keep Barbosa, I was just replying to the fact that even tho we maybe over the cap that we have his bird rights and he can be retained if the Pacers want to.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  9. #3433
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,030

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation


  10. #3434
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When do we learn the amount?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  11. #3435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When do we learn the amount?
    2.1mil

  12. #3436
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,030

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When do we learn the amount?
    vnzla81 says 2.1 mil but I don't know where he got that from

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  14. #3437
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    vnzla81 says 2.1 mil but I don't know where he got that from
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...rs-sources-say

    This just makes me pissed

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  16. #3438
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    vnzla81 says 2.1 mil but I don't know where he got that from
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...BA&eid=8164479

    http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/13/ma...nesty-waivers/
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #3439
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    vnzla81 says 2.1 mil but I don't know where he got that from
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    With $2.1 mil bid Mavs win amnesty auction for Brand to reunite him w/Dirk's buddy Chris Kaman on retooled front line:

  18. #3440

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do we stay fans when we could do a better job of building a bench.

  19. #3441
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    $2.1 million? That's it? What a couple of days for Mavs.

    This is starting to hurt.

  20. #3442
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not trying to be a hater, but I wish Hans wasn't getting any minutes at all, at least in the playoffs. I just really soured on him last season.
    Hence the reason why I minimized the # of minutes to 10 mpg ( my minutes were off ).

    PG - GH ( 22mpg ) / DJ ( 26mpg )
    SG - PG ( 30 mpg ) / GH ( 8 mpg ) / Green ( 10 mpg )
    SF - Granger ( 32 mpg ) / Green ( 16 mpg )
    PF - West ( 32 mpg ) / Hansbrough ( 10 mpg ) / Mahinmi ( 6 mpg )
    C - Hibbert ( 30 mpg ) / Mahinmi ( 18 mpg )

    We need frontcourt scoring at the PF spot.....my hope is that West plays more with Hibbert and Mahinmi than he does with Hansbrough.

    I'd hope that Hansbrough simply plays with Mahinmi....not with West or Hibbert at all.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #3443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Photo by juicemayo32 • Instagram



    The photo's caption, "New Home?"

    I hope Phoenix overpaid like crazy with Mayo.

  22. #3444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    New Mav Elton Brand tells Y! "definitely happy" to play with Dirk, Kaman, Carlisle. EB OK with coming off bench, no ill will with Philly.

  23. #3445
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    LOL.....the Rockets offer is bigger than expected:

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...er_Offer_Sheet

    The Rockets have reportedly dropped a bombshell, greatly increasing the third-season salary in the offer sheet signed by Jeremy Lin on Friday.

    Last week, it was reported that the Rockets and Lin had agreed on an offer sheet totaling approximately $19 million guaranteed over three seasons, with a team option on the fourth and final season.

    The deal was increased to $25 million total over three years, with the final season now nearly $15 million. That final season could cost the Knicks as much as $45 million in luxury tax payments. It is unclear if a team option still exists for a fourth season.

    Some believe Houston is now desperate for a point guard after Goran Dragic and Kyle Lowry left the Rockets this summer. But general manager Daryl Morey could still expect the Knicks to match, and he may be more concerned with driving down Lin's value as a future trade chip in New York's arsenal.
    Did Lin sign the offer sheet yet from the Rockets?

    I hope he did...cuz I just laugh at amount of LT that the Rockets will pay in a few years.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #3446
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    New Mav Elton Brand tells Y! "definitely happy" to play with Dirk, Kaman, Carlisle. EB OK with coming off bench, no ill will with Philly.
    He told ESPN he was excited to be starting at Center next to Dirk... Uh-oh Kaman..

  25. #3447
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    New Mav Elton Brand tells Y! "definitely happy" to play with Dirk, Kaman, Carlisle. EB OK with coming off bench, no ill will with Philly.
    He told ESPN he was excited to be starting at Center next to Dirk... Uh-oh Kaman..

  26. #3448
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL.....the Rockets offer is bigger than expected:

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...er_Offer_Sheet


    Did Lin sign the offer sheet yet from the Rockets?

    I hope he did...cuz I just laugh at amount of LT that the Rockets will pay in a few years.
    you mean the Knicks!

  27. #3449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI
    Wow...things so tight w/ Minny's cap they are giving away 2nd round picks to dump $848K of Brad Miller salary. NOH, capitalizing.

  28. #3450
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI
    Wow...things so tight w/ Minny's cap they are giving away 2nd round picks to dump $848K of Brad Miller salary. NOH, capitalizing.
    if they end up with Batum matched, it will be hilarious.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •