Page 136 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, he didn't get the 14 mil he told Washington he wanted.
    He is not accepting it currently, he wants more, but it does not sound like he will be getting that.

I have read that no other teams are offering close to that much.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    worst 8 plays of JaVale McGee (Warning, bad language in link)

http://www.hiphopstan.com/javale-mcgee-worst-video/

Meh, most of those weren't a big deal in my opinion. Saluting after a dunk? Meh. Getting triple teamed trying to get a tripl double? Meh. Plus the one announcer was right about him being fouled and I don't know if I would have called him for hanging after the dunk. Running over James Jones? Meh, that was awesome. He looked stupid running down the court the other way but did you see after he came back and the terrible pass his PG tried throwing to him? That play by the PG was more embarrassing. 8 plays in 4 seasons isn't that bad. And if you played for the Wizards, you'd probably give up too :P. But seriously, we could make the longest highlight reel ever of Hibbert having the ball stripped from him. Nobody is perfect.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    worst 8 plays of JaVale McGee (Warning, bad language in link)

http://www.hiphopstan.com/javale-mcgee-worst-video/

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I really have no clue what Houston is trying to do. Just insane. Howard will walk and they'll have absolutely nothing.
    If he gives a clear indication that he won't stay, they can just flip him to Brooklyn and get the package the Nets offered for Dwight.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I know this won't be a popular opinion but the McGee deal seems like a better deal than the Hibbert deal. I know people say he's a headcase but I don't know about that... people said the same thing about Bynum and Cousins and I don't think there is a person that wouldn't want either.

4yrs 58mil
    5yrs 50mil

29.8mpg 12.8pts 8.8rebs 2.0blks 1.7asts 0.5stls 2.0to's 49.7% - Hibbert
    27.4mpg 11.9pts 8.8rebs 2.5blks 0.6asts 0.6stls 1.7to's 53.3% - McGee 41gms w/ Nugs
    20.6mpg 10.3pts 5.8rebs 1.6blks 0.3asts 0.5stls 1.0to's 61.2% - McGee 20gms w/ Wiz

He must be the biggest of headcases if the Nuggets would get that much better of a deal for him. He's a year younger than Hibbert and obviously way more athletic. If that's what he walks away with, I'm kind of disappointed by the Hibbert offer. I know we had no choice but that seems like a good deal for the Nuggets. They went from trading a guy that was making 67mil over 5yrs and is about to turn 20 for a guy that will be making 50mil 5yrs and is only turn 24. They're putting up similar numbers as well. I just like the move the Nuggets made and think they'd be getting a bargain with McGee.
    From what I have heard he is a headcase for different reasons than those two, their things are more attitudes, his is more about basketball IQ type stuff, plus he does not have close to their offensive skillset in my view, nor close to Roy's.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

I'd say the Nets offer is pretty fair for his production.

For the production Humphries gives, it's a GOOD contract for the Nets. I'd have really liked the Pacers to have been able to have gotten Humphries. The price was right, and a young player as a starter for years to come.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    If he gives a clear indication that he won't stay, they can just flip him to Brooklyn and get the package the Nets offered for Dwight.
    There's a flaw in that line of thinking.

I'd assume that Dwight just has to tough it out for a few months....reiterate that he doesnt want to stay nor sign any extension....and the Rockets are forced into a "MUST SELL" situation. If you are the Nets and you know that the Rockets MUST unload Dwight...would you offer that much to the Rockets?

I wouldn't.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I'd assume that Dwight just has to tough it out for a few months....reiterate that he doesnt want to stay nor sign any extension....and the Rockets are forced into a "MUST SELL" situation. If you are the Nets and you know that the Rockets MUST unload Dwight...would you offer that much to the Rockets?

I wouldn't.
    Then they can not have him. They can't sign him outright anymore. There's always the option to call his bluff and see if he'll really walk for less money and then rebuild with cap space.

they can, but i don't think they will.
    I think they are ready to play hardball till the end, and sell him on bigger money, good market, the Hakeem connection + an opportunity to get some free agents in near future.
    Otherwise, it's silly. What's the chance that Howard/his agent doesn't push for Brooklyn, at least behind closed doors? IMO, very little. Their best bet is resigning him next summer, like the Nets did with D-Will.

Where would he go, anyway? across Texas to Dallas? Cleveland? Atlanta? None of those places will be worth losing a ton of money.

I wouldn't.
    I think they'd have both Bynum and Lopez available to them, at the very least.

But if you are the Rockets, don't you foresee that Howard won't commit right away? This media drama will continue for the whole year. And I think Morey absolutely expects it. If he's doing the trade regardless, I think he's ready to take the risk and go into the next summer with Dwight.
    Maybe if he gets an amazing offer, an offer that's worth more than he gave up for Dwight, he changes his mind.
    But he's not going to cut losses and run at mid season.

Kwame Brown to Philly.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Kwame Brown's deal with Philly will pay him nearly 6M over two years. Player option for second year.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Mood

Kwame Brown to Philly.

Kwame Brown's deal with Philly will pay him nearly 6M over two years. Player option for second year.
    With the price of avaliable centers this seems to be a pretty good deal!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ramitt View Post
    Larry had the better and classier response.
    Eh, maybe. But Magic's quote was honest. The current team couldn't touch the dream team.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    I think they'd have both Bynum and Lopez available to them, at the very least.

But if you are the Rockets, don't you foresee that Howard won't commit right away? This media drama will continue for the whole year. And I think Morey absolutely expects it. If he's doing the trade regardless, I think he's ready to take the risk and go into the next summer with Dwight.
    Maybe if he gets an amazing offer, an offer that's worth more than he gave up for Dwight, he changes his mind.
    But he's not going to cut losses and run at mid season.
    But that's the problem.....let's say that the Rockets trade for him and then learns that Dwight doesn't want to stay nor sign an extension ( something that we already suspect would likely happen ). At the Trade deadline....why would ANY Team give up a lot of value to the Rockets knowing that they must deal Dwight or lose him for absolutely nothing at the end of the 2012-2013 season while knowing that Dwight ONLY wants to go to Brooklyn when he becomes a UFA ( hence becoming a likely rental )?

The only Team that can make a deal with the Rockets would then be the Nets.....why would the Nets give them anything of significant value if you know that he's going to come to Brooklyn regardless?

To me, it makes little sense to assume that any Team that takes on Dwight can "try him out and convince him to stay and then try to send him to the Nets if it doesn't work out" while expecting to get a decent package in return.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

But that's the problem.....let's say that the Rockets trade for him and then learns that Dwight doesn't want to stay nor sign an extension ( something that we already suspect would likely happen ). At the Trade deadline....why would ANY Team give up a lot of value to the Rockets knowing that they must deal Dwight or lose him for absolutely nothing at the end of the 2012-2013 season while knowing that Dwight ONLY wants to go to Brooklyn when he becomes a UFA ( hence becoming a likely rental )?

The only Team that can make a deal with the Rockets would then be the Nets.....why would the Nets give them anything of significant value if you know that he's going to come to Brooklyn regardless?

To me, it makes little sense to assume that any Team that takes on Dwight can "try him out and convince him to stay and then try to send him to the Nets if it doesn't work out" while expecting to get a decent package in return.
    The Nets cannot get him as an unrestricted free agent though unless Dwight wants to play for 3 million total (maybe 5 million if the Nets somehow avoid the tax, but I'm not sure that's even possible at this point). That's the leverage anybody trading for him has. And if the Nets are too far over the luxury tax, they won't even be allowed to sign and trade for him next year. So Dwight in that situation would almost certainly have to expand his options, and the team that traded for him originally and is offering him max money starts to look mighty attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I know this won't be a popular opinion but the McGee deal seems like a better deal than the Hibbert deal. I know people say he's a headcase but I don't know about that... people said the same thing about Bynum and Cousins and I don't think there is a person that wouldn't want either.

4yrs 58mil
    5yrs 50mil

29.8mpg 12.8pts 8.8rebs 2.0blks 1.7asts 0.5stls 2.0to's 49.7% - Hibbert
    27.4mpg 11.9pts 8.8rebs 2.5blks 0.6asts 0.6stls 1.7to's 53.3% - McGee 41gms w/ Nugs
    20.6mpg 10.3pts 5.8rebs 1.6blks 0.3asts 0.5stls 1.0to's 61.2% - McGee 20gms w/ Wiz

He must be the biggest of headcases if the Nuggets would get that much better of a deal for him. He's a year younger than Hibbert and obviously way more athletic. If that's what he walks away with, I'm kind of disappointed by the Hibbert offer. I know we had no choice but that seems like a good deal for the Nuggets. They went from trading a guy that was making 67mil over 5yrs and is about to turn 20 for a guy that will be making 50mil 5yrs and is only turn 24. They're putting up similar numbers as well. I just like the move the Nuggets made and think they'd be getting a bargain with McGee.
    Roy is a very smart basketball player with a full skill set... McGee, not so much, but the guy does have some crazy athletic ability.

Kwame Brown to Philly.

And the winner of the Kwame Brown 2012-2013 lottery is... Philadelphia!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

But that's the problem.....let's say that the Rockets trade for him and then learns that Dwight doesn't want to stay nor sign an extension ( something that we already suspect would likely happen ). At the Trade deadline....why would ANY Team give up a lot of value to the Rockets
    the key question is why would the Rockets entertain any offers at all.
    To me, the whole idea of the Rockets trying to trade Dwight is not realistic.
    The Rockets already know that Dwight said "NO" to them. So they are going to trade for him, wait for a few months, hear "NO" again, get scared and start calling teams? No, they will wait till the summer. Unless some team blows their minds out with an incredible offer (which isn't likely to happen, otherwise Orlando would be talking to that team right now instead of the Rockets).

The Rockets will do what the Nets did with D-Will. If he doesn't sign, they will wait till the summer. If he still doesn't sign, they will dare him to walk. There won't be any trades or S&Ts. It's a ballsy, all-in move.

So Houston gets him, we should prepare for another season and summer of Dwight drama.

Dwight ONLY wants to go to Brooklyn when he becomes a UFA ( hence becoming a likely rental )?
    as a side note, he can't go to Brooklyn. Nor the Knicks, Lakers or the Clippers.
    There's no realistic way for that to happen without help from Morey.
    His options would be Dallas, Atlanta, the Cavs, the Bobcats and such.

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
    Trade Alert: Bulls have traded Kyle Korver to the Atlanta Hawks.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:

PacerDude

Why were we not interested in Korver?... It would have been great to have a catch and shoot guy off the bench... most of the bulls games we ended up getting torched by him putting up 3 or 4 buckets in a row in the middle of the 4th...

im glad korver isn't a Bull anymore

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    im glad korver isn't a Bull anymore
    no joke that dude killed us

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Kwame Brown to Philly.

Dang, that's 3 mil a year. That's a really good p/u for the 76ers.

Mood

For anyone wondering Scola amnesty announced Sunday at 5pm
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
    Trade Alert: Bulls have traded Kyle Korver to the Atlanta Hawks.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Who did the Bulls get?